Author Topic: Your Day???  (Read 3125 times)

Offline SkinnyDevil

• Chief
  • "...embrace your fear..."
    • View Profile
    • Skinny Devil Music Lab
Your Day???
« on: December 31, 2010, 10:32:44 am »
Man....seriously.....wow!

I just spent the last 8 hours or so in the studio recording some awesome music (metal meets movie soundtrack sounding stuff - very prog-rock)! Mostly bass guitar, but also 6-string electric guitars. Gonna take me another week to polish it all off.

A few days before that, I spent 6 hours rehearsing & tracking guitars for a cool dance track.

Next week I kick off the year teaching an incredible bunch of students, and debut an 8 week "History of Rock Guitar" class.

Somebody pinch me - I must be dreaming.

This sort of thing may be boring to everyone else, but to me its just stellar. Every day I wake up saying "Wow - this day is gonna rock! I can't believe I get to do this for a living!".

As we approach the new year, I raise my glass to each of you and say: Here's hoping YOUR every day is just as exciting to YOU as mine is to me. CHEERS!!!!
-
--
David M. McLean
Skinny Devil Music Lab
http://www.skinnydevil.com

Offline KD

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
Re: Your Day???
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2010, 11:04:14 am »

(metal meets movie soundtrack sounding stuff - very prog-rock)

this sounds like something I would love. Does it sound anything like Eno Morricone/Goblin/Dio/Judas Priest/Captain Beyond/ELO? :)

I've been having excellent creative days, great gym days, and slow days at work. perfect combination! So far this is my first winter where I am completely non effected in those respects by darkness and cold. even if I can miss the sun a bit. :/

Offline yuli

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2010, 01:09:50 pm »
Amazing ...NOTHING beats doing what you want to do for a living!
I speak from similar experience, I don't make music but I do design and I like making visual art.
I am currently spending my free time painting on canvas in acrylics and making digital concept art (paint using digital brushes and drawing pad), for money I design websites and do advertisement, again all visual arts. I can tell you NOTHING feels better then doing what you like to do, eating well makes me feels well, but nothing makes me feel as well as making art, nothing....

Happy new year to you and everyone, and may everyone enjoy what they do in the new years, its not possible to enjoy everything you do, but strive for it, whatever it may be! This should be everyones new years resolution.

I just spent the last 8 hours or so in the studio recording some awesome music (metal meets movie soundtrack sounding stuff - very prog-rock)! Mostly bass guitar, but also 6-string electric guitars. Gonna take me another week to polish it all off.

A few days before that, I spent 6 hours rehearsing & tracking guitars for a cool dance track.

Next week I kick off the year teaching an incredible bunch of students, and debut an 8 week "History of Rock Guitar" class.

Somebody pinch me - I must be dreaming.

This sort of thing may be boring to everyone else, but to me its just stellar. Every day I wake up saying "Wow - this day is gonna rock! I can't believe I get to do this for a living!".

As we approach the new year, I raise my glass to each of you and say: Here's hoping YOUR every day is just as exciting to YOU as mine is to me. CHEERS!!!!

Offline SkinnyDevil

• Chief
    • View Profile
    • Skinny Devil Music Lab
« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2010, 01:13:56 pm »
KD - I'll post what music I can when it's finished. Thanx!

Yuli - Web & advertising? We should talk a little biz. Perhaps you could drop me a line when you get a moment?
-
--
David M. McLean
Skinny Devil Music Lab
http://www.skinnydevil.com

Offline yuli

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 31, 2010, 01:42:58 pm »
KD - I'll post what music I can when it's finished. Thanx!

Yuli - Web & advertising? We should talk a little biz. Perhaps you could drop me a line when you get a moment?

For sure! I am pretty busy (or mindless) until the 2nd or third of january, lets talk after then.

I would like to post some of my stuff so you guys can check it out.... its just a matter of getting it finished, digitized and posted, same as you.

After then lets skype or email or something as I am excited about any work that will use more of my artistic talents, as most of the money now is coming from just web design...which I love! But I would love to do any project where I can do art created by hand (ie. either traditional or digital paints). I also have my online portfolio website close to finished, so I'll post the link close to the beginning of the new year.  O0

Offline SkinnyDevil

• Chief
    • View Profile
    • Skinny Devil Music Lab
« Reply #5 on: December 31, 2010, 11:42:51 pm »
Looking forward to it!
-
--
David M. McLean
Skinny Devil Music Lab