Author Topic: How much water do you drink?  (Read 15953 times)

Offline kurite

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
How much water do you drink?
« on: January 02, 2011, 01:33:49 pm »
Hi just wondering how much water do all of you drink? I eat very high fruit for a paleo, about 50% of my diet from fruit, and have been drinking 2-3 liters of water on rest days and 5-6 liters on workout days and was wondering if I really need anything close to this? Is there any reason to drink more or less?
"A government big enough to give you everything you want is a government big enough to take from you everything you have."

Offline laterade

• Chief
    • View Profile
Re: How much water do you drink?
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2011, 02:48:59 pm »
If the fruits you are eating are diuretics then, IMO, drink up.
I only drink about 1-2 liters a day but I eat lots of fat. Much more so than carbs.

Offline Hannibal

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2011, 03:29:20 pm »
It really depends on the season.
In winter 0,5 - 1,5 liters suffices me.
In hot summer I can drink as much as 4-5 liters a day.
Do you blame vultures for the carcass they eat?
Livin' off the raw grass fat of the land

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2011, 05:34:04 pm »
I vary my water-intake considerably, from 0 to 3 litres a day. Most of the time, though it's 0.5 to 1.5 litres a day (of alkaline mineral water) depending on whether it's summer or winter, or how much fruit I am eating that day.
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline bharminder

• Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2011, 08:36:07 pm »
Lots of water. I don't overdo it or intentionally bloat myself with it, but I find water helps me to digest food.

The more fruit I eat the less water I drink, proportionally.

If I work out, I feel good during the workout when I have drank several glasses of water a couple hours prior.

Offline kurite

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 02, 2011, 08:54:24 pm »
Well is there any actual proof that its healthier to have clear urine? Or is this just something that my previous fruitarianism experience has bashed into my head?
"A government big enough to give you everything you want is a government big enough to take from you everything you have."

Offline Hannibal

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 02, 2011, 09:18:55 pm »
Well is there any actual proof that its healthier to have clear urine?  
Once a day - light-coloured urine.
Having dark urine all the time is unhealthy.
But on the other hand completely clear urine all the time is also dangerous.
Do you blame vultures for the carcass they eat?
Livin' off the raw grass fat of the land

Offline kurite

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 02, 2011, 11:09:33 pm »
Once a day - light-coloured urine.
Having dark urine all the time is unhealthy.
But on the other hand completely clear urine all the time is also dangerous.
Yah thats what Ive read but Ive never actually seen a study of any sort indicating that to be fact. Just wondering if anyone has some study or something.

Offline CHK91

• Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 03, 2011, 12:05:01 am »
I drink whenever I feel thirsty. The only times I limit my water is before and after meals so I don't dilute my digestive enzymes and stomach acid.
All I want is the truth... Just gimme some truth.
"I wanna be the minority."

Offline miles

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 03, 2011, 01:26:42 am »
I drink whenever I feel thirsty. The only times I limit my water is before and after meals so I don't dilute my digestive enzymes and stomach acid.

For how long do you consider to be 'before and after meals'?
5-10% off your first purchase at http://www.iherb.com/ with dicount code: KIS978

Offline raw-al

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 03, 2011, 01:30:24 am »
I vary my water-intake considerably, from 0 to 3 litres a day. Most of the time, though it's 0.5 to 1.5 litres a day (of alkaline mineral water) depending on whether it's summer or winter, or how much fruit I am eating that day.
Is that commercially bottled ?
Cheers
Al

Offline miles

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 03, 2011, 01:40:18 am »
(of alkaline mineral water)

Is there a difference whether it's labelled 'mineral water' or 'spring water'?
5-10% off your first purchase at http://www.iherb.com/ with dicount code: KIS978

Offline achillezzz

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 03, 2011, 04:03:30 am »
People listen take few thousands dollars and buy a good water regenerator in long run it saves you alot of money and health as plastic bottled water is not the healthy choice you probably know that!

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #13 on: January 03, 2011, 04:07:21 am »
Is that commercially bottled ?
Yes. I buy them in 5-litre bottles at a time, as the price of such bottles is, oddly, only c.1.5 times the price of a 1.5 litre bottle.
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #14 on: January 03, 2011, 04:19:12 am »
Is there a difference whether it's labelled 'mineral water' or 'spring water'?
Not much. I believe the Americans make a greater distinction between the two, than in the UK - in the US, many so-called "mineral waters" are just repackaged tap-water with a few chemicals added.
 All the UK mineral water I buy has a mention of it coming from a spring, even if it's called "mineral water". I also make sure that the PH value of the water is at least 7.2, though, more usually, 7.8, or higher. I find that the more alkaline the mineral-water/spring-water is, the more energy I feel, and the better my mood is(though I believe that anything above 8.4 is supposed to be undrinkable due to taste? - never seen PH 8.5 or higher). If I consume London tapwater, I find I have less appetite and feel slightly down for the rest of the day, so I stick to alkaline mineral water when in the UK. Abroad, I get my local tapwater from mountain-streams ultimately, so I'm still basically drinking mineral water, that way.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2011, 01:35:20 am by TylerDurden »
" Ron Paul.

Offline Iguana

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Eating tuna fish
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: January 04, 2011, 04:57:31 am »
Since 3 or 4 years I don't drink much water: some days as little as 0.3 liter perhaps. It amazes me because ever since I started to eat all raw, I used to drink a lot. In hot summers days, the first year raw, I drank up to 7 liters! That was as much as I drank in July 1976 stuck at the Irak - Kuwait border for a whole Muslim weekend when the thermometer in my truck’s cabin was at 55° C (131° F)!
« Last Edit: January 04, 2011, 05:12:03 am by Iguana »
Cause and effect are distant in time and space in complex systems, while at the same time there’s a tendency to look for causes near the events sought to be explained. Time delays in feedback in systems result in the condition where the long-run response of a system to an action is often different from its short-run response. — Ronald J. Ziegler

Offline Caveman

• Bear Hunter
  • Man of the cave
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 05, 2011, 11:07:12 pm »
It really seems like the more water I drink throughout the day, the more my stomach seems to get upset. It seems like only a small amount of the water I drink gets released and a lot of it stays in my bloated belly.. probably large intestine.. Maybe on this diet, I don't need nearly so much water as people would think.

I remember drinking massive amounts of water trying to be healthy a year ago and I felt the opposite of good. When I started working, I didn't always have a chance to drink any water and on some days I went without any water for at least 4 to 5 hours, yet I felt so much better.

Offline Iguana

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Eating tuna fish
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 05, 2011, 11:32:29 pm »
Do you also get this problem if you drink before the meals only, not during digestion?

But of course, if you drink "massive amounts of water trying to be healthy" instead of drinking because you're thirsty,that's gonna lead you into troubles!
« Last Edit: January 05, 2011, 11:38:17 pm by Iguana »
Cause and effect are distant in time and space in complex systems, while at the same time there’s a tendency to look for causes near the events sought to be explained. Time delays in feedback in systems result in the condition where the long-run response of a system to an action is often different from its short-run response. — Ronald J. Ziegler

Offline turkish

• Buffalo Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 06, 2011, 01:05:34 am »
Very good point. I cannot beleive that i did not think of this before. Actually my digestion started going south around the time i started drinking lots of water (some guru suggested that it would cure my pain).

i drink less water now, my digestion is not perfect but there is less bloating for sure.

Offline Caveman

• Bear Hunter
  • Man of the cave
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 06, 2011, 02:35:17 am »
Do you also get this problem if you drink before the meals only, not during digestion?

But of course, if you drink "massive amounts of water trying to be healthy" instead of drinking because you're thirsty,that's gonna lead you into troubles!

Sometimes, but that must be due to something I'm not aware of. I start every day with pine and bee pollen, raw honey and a warm cup of green tea. It's usually not a problem for me, but I've been drinking more recently and have also had increased gas and upset stomach. Drinking water in between meals is just one out of many factors, though..

Offline laterade

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 06, 2011, 04:13:37 am »
Water seems to soak right into me in the morning, any other time just seems to make me sick.
Coconut is perfect for breakfast, I mix some spring water in with the coconut juice and then eat the meat.
Delicious and super hydrating.  ;D

Offline turkish

• Buffalo Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 06, 2011, 04:18:37 am »
When i am home (in india) i drink water from green coconuts (its amazing). During summers i can do upto 20 coconuts a day.

Offline kurite

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 06, 2011, 05:35:34 am »
When i am home (in india) i drink water from green coconuts (its amazing). During summers i can do upto 20 coconuts a day.
Are green coconuts the same as the young white coconuts because I absolutely love those.

Offline turkish

• Buffalo Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 06, 2011, 05:43:35 am »
i guess so. I guess they cut the outside to reduce weight and space (easier to ship i guess) - viola now they are white.

Not sure if you tried the actual fresh ones (green) i find them much fresher than the white ones.

Offline laterade

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 06, 2011, 06:03:35 am »
Are green coconuts the same as the young white coconuts because I absolutely love those.

The wild ones are much better, the fresh wild coconuts I consumed in south america are by far superior to the ones I get at the market here.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk