Author Topic: Raw Milk, when its bad for you?  (Read 27586 times)

Offline Coatue

• Warrior
    • View Profile
Raw Milk, when its bad for you?
« on: January 18, 2011, 12:30:21 pm »
So how long does it take to find out usually for your body to give you some kind of signal that raw milk isn't good for you?

Offline Caveman

• Bear Hunter
  • Man of the cave
    • View Profile
Re: Raw Milk, when its bad for you?
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2011, 12:41:11 pm »
I'm also interested in this. I'll be visiting Switzerland for a couple of weeks and will be experimenting with raw milk to see how it affects me. It seems to do many people very good in digestive related illnesses, but sometimes it doesn't last for some..

Offline pioneer

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2011, 01:18:23 pm »
So how long does it take to find out usually for your body to give you some kind of signal that raw milk isn't good for you?

When you cut out certain foods in your diet except the obvious foods you need like raw meat and animal fat, and you still are having issues. Basically, experiment with your body and take breaks from certain foods for a while, i.e. raw milk, and see what happens. Does your skin look better? are you feeling better? are your stools better? stuff like that. I quit raw milk and noticed that I never broke out any more, so then I just stayed off it.
"All that is necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing" - Edmund Burke

"There is a lot of pressure to be sexualized but not to actually be sexual."
- women's health member

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2011, 06:22:05 pm »
It all depends on the individual. I have had people insist to me that they did fine on either all raw dairy or just raw butter, and then tell me, 2-3 years later, that they had finally found that they did experience some negative symptoms, albeit minor ones. Then there are others  like me:- I, for example, find that I, soon afterwards, have to frequently urinate, plus I get a drugged, euphoric effect( not remotely like the more pleasant (non-drugged) stimulating effect I get from "high-meat") for a short while, followed some time later by more fatigue. Continuing with raw-dairy-consumption then starts slowly bringing back some nasty conditions I had many years ago before I cut out raw dairy, such as anxiety etc.. The effect on me is less sudden than it was early on in RPD days, as my body has healed fully since then, but worsens over time.

Others, such as sufferers of galactosemia, of course have near-instant harmful effects from dairy, however raw, with nasty things like brain-damage and death occurring if they keep on consuming it, long-term.
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline laterade

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2011, 02:10:46 am »
A1 milk is probably no good for anyone, this is the only milk I have access to so I only eat the butter.
Butter is a nice treat but If I was able to get more meat I would just do that. When I can I usually do.

Offline riy freeman

• Buffalo Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2011, 04:49:15 am »
Yes! Someone who knows about A1 milk! ;)

Offline Coatue

• Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 19, 2011, 06:22:52 am »
A1 milk is probably no good for anyone, this is the only milk I have access to so I only eat the butter.
Butter is a nice treat but If I was able to get more meat I would just do that. When I can I usually do.

What's A1 milk and how do you know if your milk is A1?

Offline pioneer

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 19, 2011, 07:42:45 am »
As for those who say that raw butter is okay and raw milk is not, I personally have problems with raw butter. I have diarrhea and a very painful stomach hours after I eat raw butter.
"All that is necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing" - Edmund Burke

- women's health member

Offline CHK91

• Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 19, 2011, 08:28:33 am »
What's A1 milk and how do you know if your milk is A1?

http://www.windsordairy.com/articles/a1-and-a2-milk.html

Here is a good reference.

A1 milk is more likely to form opoids when digested. I don't drink any milk now, but I remember that I felt dependent on A1 milk. I did not have the same feeling with A2.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2011, 08:34:22 am by CHK91 »
All I want is the truth... Just gimme some truth.
"I wanna be the minority."

Offline Caveman

• Bear Hunter
  • Man of the cave
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 19, 2011, 08:34:29 am »
That's interesting! I was looking for something like that to give me an idea of what milk would be best. I am now more motivated to start drinking raw milk once arriving in Switzerland.

Offline CHK91

• Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 19, 2011, 08:43:27 am »
That's interesting! I was looking for something like that to give me an idea of what milk would be best. I am now more motivated to start drinking raw milk once arriving in Switzerland.
Europe usually has the higher A2 breeds. In the US, it's almost all Holstein. Switzerland probably has Brown Swiss cows :P. If you don't have leaky intestine and bad digestion, you should be able to tolerate the smaller amounts of A1 protein.
All I want is the truth... Just gimme some truth.
"I wanna be the minority."

Offline KD

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 19, 2011, 09:36:19 am »
As for those who say that raw butter is okay and raw milk is not, I personally have problems with raw butter. I have diarrhea and a very painful stomach hours after I eat raw butter.

I would say that - for myself anyway.

Speaking generally, these foods are night and day way more than apples and oranges as to how they function as foods...yet obviously they share the same source and some properties. You could have selective research and common sense telling you that your experiences makes these things not good, and then again their might be other reasons. We can also make comparisons to eggs or liver or mangos or any other thing that might give some similar kind of distress but doesn't necessarily implicate problems as foods isolated form other internal variables. Might be the right idea to stay away from it particularly if you can get other quality fat sources, but there is no way to isolate if it is ultimately a problem universally or that one cannot be corrected in time if one desires.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2011, 10:03:27 am by KD »

Offline Nation

• Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 19, 2011, 11:02:22 am »
I have diarrhea hours after I eat raw butter.

Same here. No problems with milk, yogurt or cheese.

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #13 on: January 19, 2011, 04:17:55 pm »
Same here. No problems with milk, yogurt or cheese.
Interesting to find people who tolerate milk but not butter.

As for the A2 claims, they appear to be a scam started by a company :-

http://www.redmountainspa.com/_health_education_fitness/articles/a2milk.html
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline raw-al

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 21, 2011, 07:11:14 pm »
I have no problems with raw dairy, butter, cream unless I consume it cold. It is better at a minimum of room temperature. Best if body temperature or 104 degrees F like it came from the cow. Warming it is a bit impractical although I am working on it. Maybe a coffee warmer that fits into the USB port.  ;D

Pasteurized milk is bad news for me.
Cheers
Al

Offline pioneer

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: January 22, 2011, 12:13:21 am »
Interesting to find people who tolerate milk but not butter.

As for the A2 claims, they appear to be a scam started by a company :-

http://www.redmountainspa.com/_health_education_fitness/articles/a2milk.html

Yeah, it is real weird. I also feel like a strong urge to throw up sometimes after eating alot of raw butter as well. Its not that I can necessarily tolerate raw milk either, its just that I do not feel any immediate or later effects from it. But, that does not mean that it doesnt negatively affect me long term.

- women's health member

Offline turkish

• Buffalo Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 22, 2011, 12:23:13 am »
i used to have lots of desi ghee (as ayurveda loves it) - but i realized that i did not digest it well. Now i have given it up - i really dont miss it.

Ghee is nothing but clarified butter, however its heated to remove all milk solids.

But i dont do well be with either butter or ghee, organic/grassfed irrespective.

Offline Boracay

• Scavenger
  • Me and My Baby
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 22, 2011, 12:53:24 pm »
Hey bro,

Can I have bro to bro advice? I used to wake up with morning erections and my libido was coming back until I started lifting weights. I don't want to give up weights because I want to keep a good body composition for many reasons. It seems like I have to chose. Morning erections and Libido or gym. What do you think bro. I am tired of doing blood tests I am over it. I just want to feel good.

Offline laterade

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 22, 2011, 02:32:04 pm »
How often do you lift?

Are you drinking milk?

Offline raw-al

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 22, 2011, 11:06:33 pm »
Hey bro,

Can I have bro to bro advice? I used to wake up with morning erections and my libido was coming back until I started lifting weights. I don't want to give up weights because I want to keep a good body composition for many reasons. It seems like I have to chose. Morning erections and Libido or gym. What do you think bro. I am tired of doing blood tests I am over it. I just want to feel good.
If you exercise too much or do not warm up or advance too quickly exercise can do more harm than good. Maybe back off a bit in your routine.

Better still give a brief description of your routine.
Cheers
Al

Offline pioneer

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 23, 2011, 01:39:17 pm »
Hey bro,

lifting weights will not decrease erectile function, but overtraining will due to excess cortisol causing your T levels to plummet. Be sure to only do short intense exercise for no longer than an hour. Make sure this is also strength training and not some quasi cardio program. Sleep 8-10 hrs a night and eat a lot of red meat, watch your erections improve greatly.

- women's health member

Offline ster546464@yahoo.co.uk

• Deer Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 06, 2011, 10:25:45 am »
if tyler durden quotes a study about a1 versus a2 dairy, the study was done with pasteurised dairy !!

he forgot to mention that

Offline King Salmon

• Elder
  • Eating the best realistic diet
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 06, 2011, 12:50:53 pm »
Well,if someone's lactose intolerent,then drinking any kind of milk is bad obviously.As far as dairy products in general,they are apparently mucous forming.Some people care about that and some don't.
In my view dairy products are unnecessary and most people consume them because they have a child-like addiction to them.Fully grown(adult) animals don't drink milk,but humans seem to be emotionally attached to dairy like nobody's business ;)
"Eat the best of what's available and call it a day"

Offline raw-al

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 06, 2011, 11:38:09 pm »
Well,if someone's lactose intolerent,then drinking any kind of milk is bad obviously.
Not true. I was lactose intolerant to pasteurized milk for the reasons stated in "The Untold Story Of Milk". However raw dairy is not a problem.
As far as dairy products in general,they are apparently mucous forming.Some people care about that and some don't.
For some people the mucous forming properties are beneficial. Just like for some people the mucous dissipating properties of lemons and ginger and pungent tastes are beneficial. We're all different.
In my view dairy products are unnecessary and most people consume them because they have a child-like addiction to them.
Wow that is quite a statement. All inclusive. Anyone who does what you don't do is an addictee. What about food in general, does anyone who eats, display child-like addictive activities?
Fully grown(adult) animals don't drink milk,but humans seem to be emotionally attached to dairy like nobody's business ;)
Fully grown(adult) animals don't have refrigerators, grocery stores, knives, forks, plates, wooden etc houses, cars, cellphones, gratuitous sex and don't spend hours plunked in front of an electro-mechanic device speculating on what other animals do. Indeed animals display a wide range of activities some being quite different than other animals.

As far as emotional attachment goes to milk....... what is that supposed to mean. Are you emotionally attached to what you eat? To me food is food.
Cheers
Al

Offline RawZi

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Need I say more?
    • View Profile
    • my twitter
« Reply #24 on: February 06, 2011, 11:48:37 pm »
Fully grown(adult) animals don't drink milk,but humans seem to be emotionally attached to dairy like nobody's business ;)
Fully grown(adult) animals don't have refrigerators, grocery stores, knives, forks, plates, wooden etc houses, cars, cellphones, gratuitous sex and don't spend hours plunked in front of an electro-mechanic device speculating on what other animals do. Indeed animals display a wide range of activities some being quite different than other animals.

Many intelligent animals are opportunists.  They eat whatever they can, adult or not.  Paleo man would not have had much dairy, but we could follow the path of eating what's available and works for us, as they did too.
"Genuine truth angers people in general because they don't know what to do with the energy generated by a glimpse of reality." Greg W. Goodwin

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk