Author Topic: Acne and Skin problems  (Read 8718 times)

Offline Techydude

• Shaman
  • The barefoot raw paleo nudist intactivist naturale
    • View Profile
    • Genital integrity through regenerative medicine
Acne and Skin problems
« on: February 04, 2011, 01:39:28 am »
Acne, Itchy Skin, Dry Skin, Over Oily Skin, Rashes, etc?

Has any of these problems cleared up on a paleo diet? I heard acne and other skin problems were caused by a lack of essential fatty acid and fat digestion as well as sugar, carbs, grains, milk, legumes, allergies, and enzyme inhibitors. Anyone noticed a change in their skin health on paleo?

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
Re: Acne and Skin problems
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2011, 01:42:04 am »
I had dry, easily inflamed skin pre-RPD diet which I got rid of  with raw meats etc.
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline Caveman

• Bear Hunter
  • Man of the cave
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2011, 02:40:13 am »
In the first month of going completely raw paleo, my acne was almost 100% gone, but it fluctuated a lot ever since and I haven't been able to get the same results..

The one thing that really seems to help overall is indeed good amounts of raw animal fats. I believe the severe cystic acne I developed is due to estrogen dominance and low testosterone, just like every other health problem I have. When I took pine pollen, which is highly androgenic, for the first time, not only did my skin become even clearer, but every symptom of my ill health seemed to vanish. This only lasted for a day or two, though, because when you use a hormonal boosting supplement of any kind, you should be cycling different kinds every day, or else the body will not benefit from the supplement anymore.

Do you have symptoms of estrogen dominance? Is your acne more cystic or not so much?

Offline ys

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2011, 03:04:52 am »
i've heard reports that milk contributes to acne issue, but not butter and fermented milk products.

Offline kurite

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2011, 03:22:10 am »
Absolutely. I had dry patches of skin on my face, now completely gone. I also had acne which made no sense because I had dry skin but that has also gone away. Occasionally I may get a small white head but basically all acne is gone.
"A government big enough to give you everything you want is a government big enough to take from you everything you have."

Offline Techydude

• Shaman
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2011, 03:33:49 am »
In the first month of going completely raw paleo, my acne was almost 100% gone, but it fluctuated a lot ever since and I haven't been able to get the same results..

The one thing that really seems to help overall is indeed good amounts of raw animal fats. I believe the severe cystic acne I developed is due to estrogen dominance and low testosterone, just like every other health problem I have. When I took pine pollen, which is highly androgenic, for the first time, not only did my skin become even clearer, but every symptom of my ill health seemed to vanish. This only lasted for a day or two, though, because when you use a hormonal boosting supplement of any kind, you should be cycling different kinds every day, or else the body will not benefit from the supplement anymore.

Do you have symptoms of estrogen dominance? Is your acne more cystic or not so much?

Well prior to paleo my acne was bad but never horrible. Lotsa pimples.

Offline RonaldMarks

• Forager
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 16, 2011, 06:14:31 pm »
My skin is oily and my face is badly affected with blackheads and acne can anyone suggest me the good solution to stop acne and remove it's mark from face.

Offline achillezzz

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 16, 2011, 06:23:16 pm »
I never had any skin problems but I always thought that pimples were good they are a sign of testosterone and that my body is transforming  :D

Offline jessica

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 16, 2011, 07:54:04 pm »
your skin is just another large organ, if it is having pimples it means there are toxins it is dealing with...if i eat even a gram tooo much of fruit sugar i get the same pimples in the same spot, right under my eyebrows and the corners of my chin...super painful!, they also occur when i am severly stressed out.........i know this is due to excess candida but i also know it is up to me what i give to my body!!!!!!!!

i also used to have extremely dry skin(doesnt help i live in high elevation desert either!) but it is smooth and requires only a little oil after a shower(once a week) and keeps soft...keep hydrated! do take in good oils, fish oils if you can!  try to stay away from vegetable, seed or nut oils or keep them at a minimum(not or weekly)...i think skin brushing is a quick way to reestablish good circulation and texture to the skin
remember your skin respires...its breathes, allow it to be in the sun, wear natural breathable materials, let it expel carbon and sweat freely...do not keep that trapped next to your body with unbreathable materials!

other suggestions: neem and teatree oils internally and externally, taking a probiotic, bentonite clay with the oils externally as a drawing agent for zits, scalp issues etc........using only jojoba, similar oils and aloe on the skin for moisture....not using hot water very often on the skin, alternating warm and cold water and finishing a shower or bath with COLD water to reestablish circulation
« Last Edit: March 16, 2011, 09:07:20 pm by jessica »

Offline Techydude

• Shaman
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 17, 2011, 02:30:12 am »
My skin is oily and my face is badly affected with blackheads and acne can anyone suggest me the good solution to stop acne and remove it's mark from face.

I'd recommend to forgo soap, shampoo, toxins, and all chemicals in your life get rid of them. Switch to natural moisturizers via fat like real coconut oil or even better suet. Also a bit of ACV or lemon juice dabbed on the affected areas daily help it and try low carb with only vegetable/leave carbs and sugar/fruit free.

And also yeah milk and dairy cause a lot of acne problems.
« Last Edit: March 17, 2011, 02:36:45 am by Techydude »

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk