Author Topic: Urinary Tract Infection  (Read 23182 times)

Offline Wolf

• Chief
  • Grawr.
    • View Profile
Urinary Tract Infection
« on: February 09, 2011, 02:31:59 am »
So I think I've developed a urinary tract infection, or UTI as they call it, and I'm not quite sure how to fight it without going to the doctors, who will probably want to give me antibiotics and that is a worst case scenario last resort thing for me.. although from the list of symptoms, it seems a good sign that I have no sort of pain/discomfort in my lower abdomen which means that the infection has not reached my kidneys, and possibly not even my bladder, but I have all the other symptoms, though I think they're pretty mild.  If it is a UTI, then it is the first one I've ever had. 

I tried looking up home remedies on google, and mostly what I found was to drink more water(which I already drink a lot of), don't drink soda/alcohol/blahblah things I don't drink anymore anyways, to increase my vitamin C, which I already eat large helpings of fruit everyday, although blueberries and cranberries, which were noted fruits as the best to fight UTI, are not ones I've eaten lately.. though I'm thinking I might buy some today. 

But these all seem simple remedies and some for people who aren't trying to live on a raw paleo diet, although I don't quite eat 100% raw paleo, I do try my best to eat as much raw paleo foods as I can.  I also do not eat vegetables, but I'm open to raw fruits, meats, and dairy.  I'm wondering if anyone here has any better suggestions for fighting a urinary tract infection without having to go to the doctor and have them make me take antibiotics which I feel would be far more disastrous than the infection itself.  I do have some of that bragg brand, organic raw unfiltered apple cider vinegar, and I just googled it to see if it was a good remedy and it seems to have good effects against UTI, so I'm going to drink some of that.  But, any other remedies on top of ACV and blueberries/cranberries would be very welcome!
Hi, I'm 32, around 5'4" and ~124lb, no real significant health problems other than hyperventilating when running/exercising (that my doc said was because of the smog/asthma), fatigue, and really bad acne.
I'd preferably be a carnivore/very low carb, but I have had a very hard time finding grass-fed or even organic fats, organs, and marrow. I consume raw dairy, but I do not eat much vegetables.. however, I do love fruit.
I live with my dad, so I also have to sneak any raw meat eating.

Offline Iguana

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Eating tuna fish
    • View Profile
Re: Urinary Tract Infection
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2011, 03:18:20 am »
I should self-heal if you completely stop dairy and cooked food intake. Eating tasty raw vegetables would certainly help, as avoiding too much fruits. I wouldn't drink any vinegar.

Cheers
François
Cause and effect are distant in time and space in complex systems, while at the same time there’s a tendency to look for causes near the events sought to be explained. Time delays in feedback in systems result in the condition where the long-run response of a system to an action is often different from its short-run response. — Ronald J. Ziegler

Offline kurite

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2011, 05:38:10 am »
Hey wolf. Have you been eating raw paleo this entire time? You should definately try eating  a bunch of raw garlice (2-3 small cloves). Also try some raw ginger and some apple cider vinegar, if you do this as well as what iguana said your problem will go away really quickly.
"A government big enough to give you everything you want is a government big enough to take from you everything you have."

Offline PaleoPhil

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Mad scientist (not into blind Paleo re-enactment)
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2011, 06:35:38 am »
1 tsp baking soda in a glass of water two nights in a row worked for me. I had substantial improvement the morning after the first dose, some more improvement on the 2nd morning, and then just very minor symptoms for about a week more. If it does seem like a UTI, I think the general advice is to see a doc if it goes on for more than a week or so or continues to worsen, because of the risk of it spreading to the kidneys, but of course I'm not a doc, so don't rely on my recollection.
>"When some one eats an Epi paleo Rx template and follows the rules of circadian biology they get plenty of starches when they are available three out of the four seasons." -Jack Kruse, MD
>"I recommend 20 percent of calories from carbs, depending on the size of the person" -Ron Rosedale, MD (in other words, NOT zero carbs) http://preview.tinyurl.com/6ogtan
>Finding a diet you can tolerate is not the same as fixing what's wrong. -Tim Steele
Beware of problems from chronic Very Low Carb

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
  • Geek Healer Truth Seeker Pro-Natal Pro-Life
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2011, 08:18:01 am »
add apple cider vinegar.
search for acv in earth clinic for uti.
Linux Geek, Web Developer, Email Provider, Businessman, Engineer, REAL Free Healer, Pro-Life, Pro-Family, Truther, Ripple-XRP Fan

I'm the network administrator.
My business: Website Dev & Hosting and Email Server Provider,
My blogs: Cure Manual, My Health Blog, Eczema Cure & Psoriasis Cure

Offline raw

• Mammoth Hunter
  • country chickens and lambs and wild bugs
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2011, 11:56:10 am »
Cranberry juice is very good for UTI. Last year I got this UTI, when i used to eat very small amount of raw meat and 90% cooked meat/fish a day. Than I went to a healer where he asked me to start douching with green tea everyday and that helped. So, stop eating any kind of cooked food and follow 100% raw paleo diet and do the douching with green tea and try to eat fresh cranberries/juice... that'll definitely help you. Wishing your fast recovery . ;)
bugs or country chickens

Offline Wolf

• Chief
  • Grawr.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 09, 2011, 01:39:50 pm »
I should self-heal if you completely stop dairy and cooked food intake. Eating tasty raw vegetables would certainly help, as avoiding too much fruits. I wouldn't drink any vinegar.

Cheers
François

well as soon as I realized I probably have a UTI, I've stopped any cooked food.  I don't even eat much dairy to begin with, other than raw egg yolks, and other than eggs, the only raw dairy I even have right now is raw butter, which I haven't even been eating.  I don't really eat vegetables, they taste gross and dry and inedible to me.  I already drank the raw apple cider vinegar though, and drank a lot of water today, as well as ate a little honey, but not much else because I didn't realize the time and was running late for work this morning and didn't have time to grab anything to eat other than my jar of raw organic honey.  after work I stopped by the store, unfortunately there aren't any organic or health food stores nearby around here, so i had to go to a rather normal grocery store (though they do carry some organic stuff) but I could only find normal blueberries and dried cranberries with added sugar and palm oil.. I didn't want to get any cranberry juice, since it would only be overprocessed and worse than the dried ones, so I only bought the blueberries, ate a little over a pound of them, but so far my pain seems to have reduced and there hasn't been any blood in the urine, so it seems like the ACV helped.  dunno about the blueberries though, I'm not sure they've had enough time to go through my system.

Hey wolf. Have you been eating raw paleo this entire time? You should definately try eating  a bunch of raw garlice (2-3 small cloves). Also try some raw ginger and some apple cider vinegar, if you do this as well as what iguana said your problem will go away really quickly.

I haven't been completely 100% raw paleo, but I actually do have some raw organic garlic that I've been chewing on lately because I like the taste.. but it burns my mouth so badly I can't eat a lot of it.  Already drank the ACV, and it seems to have helped.

1 tsp baking soda in a glass of water two nights in a row worked for me. I had substantial improvement the morning after the first dose, some more improvement on the 2nd morning, and then just very minor symptoms for about a week more. If it does seem like a UTI, I think the general advice is to see a doc if it goes on for more than a week or so or continues to worsen, because of the risk of it spreading to the kidneys, but of course I'm not a doc, so don't rely on my recollection.

Hm, I'm not sure I want to try baking soda, I don't even know what that stuff is for one, and i don't how to go about getting any organic baking soda or anything like that.. might try it if the other things don't work though, thanks.. and I read about it spreading to the kidneys, but I don't even have any lower abdominal pains which are the symtpoms of it reaching the bladder or kidneys, so I think I'm fine for now.  if it keeps getting worse though, I suppose I'll have to go see a doctor, as much as I would not want to..

add apple cider vinegar.
search for acv in earth clinic for uti.

yeah, I already googled it before I posted this, and earth clinic is what came up, I already have some bragg's raw unfiltered organic apple cider vinegar and drank some this morning right after I posted this, and it seems to have helped a bit.

Cranberry juice is very good for UTI. Last year I got this UTI, when i used to eat very small amount of raw meat and 90% cooked meat/fish a day. Than I went to a healer where he asked me to start douching with green tea everyday and that helped. So, stop eating any kind of cooked food and follow 100% raw paleo diet and do the douching with green tea and try to eat fresh cranberries/juice... that'll definitely help you. Wishing your fast recovery . ;)

yeah I read about the cranberries, I wanted to buy some fresh cranberries but all I could find was dried ones with added sugar and palm oil, and i didn't want those additives, so I just got blueberries instead, which I read are similar to cranberries and will have the same effects.. but, I don't drink anything other than water, or sometimes milk.. and doesn't making tea involved heating?

Thank you everyone for the advise and suggestions!
Hi, I'm 32, around 5'4" and ~124lb, no real significant health problems other than hyperventilating when running/exercising (that my doc said was because of the smog/asthma), fatigue, and really bad acne.
I'd preferably be a carnivore/very low carb, but I have had a very hard time finding grass-fed or even organic fats, organs, and marrow. I consume raw dairy, but I do not eat much vegetables.. however, I do love fruit.

Offline Iguana

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Eating tuna fish
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 10, 2011, 03:50:22 am »
I don't really eat vegetables, they taste gross and dry and inedible to me.  I already drank the raw apple cider vinegar though, and drank a lot of water today, as well as ate a little honey!

Tomatoes, red and yellow peppers, tamarillos, colraves, green peas, sweet potatoes, yakon, etc… are juicy and delicious to most people; you’ve got to find out the ones you would currently like. I wouldn’t eat honey nor any dry fruit in such a case.

Hope you’re better now or soon will be.

François
Cause and effect are distant in time and space in complex systems, while at the same time there’s a tendency to look for causes near the events sought to be explained. Time delays in feedback in systems result in the condition where the long-run response of a system to an action is often different from its short-run response. — Ronald J. Ziegler

Offline raw

• Mammoth Hunter
  • country chickens and lambs and wild bugs
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 11, 2011, 07:39:25 am »
Tea is good. I forgot to add that in the morning in empty stomach to drink one cup of hot green tea and at night before you go to bed, do the douching with rest of the tea. First boil the water and than pour the green tea on boiling water and turn off the fire and cover the tea for 10/15 minutes. The last time when I suffer for UTI, I was not on RPD. Just drinking the commercial craneberry juice, I felt the difference instantly. I mean it's much better than taking antibiotic for the treatment. Your main focus should be, how can you prevent that for reoccurring in the future. Some tea is very good for so many reasons, eventhough  you need to boil them.
bugs or country chickens

Offline Wolf

• Chief
  • Grawr.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 11, 2011, 08:50:41 am »
Tomatoes, red and yellow peppers, tamarillos, colraves, green peas, sweet potatoes, yakon, etc… are juicy and delicious to most people; you’ve got to find out the ones you would currently like. I wouldn’t eat honey nor any dry fruit in such a case.

Hope you’re better now or soon will be.

François

Peppers I consider as fruits, since they have seeds, even peas might be considered fruit ("Peapods are botanically a fruit,[2] since they contain seeds developed from the ovary of a (pea) flower." from wikipedia, which also says a similar statement about bell peppers.), and tomatoes and tamarillo are fruit.. I'm not too keen on eating roots as far as taste, though I'm not quite as adverse to them as I would be a vegetable that was the leafy or stalk parts.  Also, the last time I ate dried fruit was probably the last time I ate any raisins, which was probably years ago since I can't even remember the last time I even saw any raisins.  Honey however, is delicious and I only eat it raw, and I don't see any harm in eating it as long as it's raw.. maybe not so great to eat during a UTI, but it's better than me eating the food at my job out of hunger instead.

Drinking the raw ACV seemed to have helped, though, my pain has been greatly reduced and it seems like it's almost gone.  Otherwise I've mostly just been eating fruit, such as blueberries and papaya and watermelon, and they don't seem to have made it worse.  I'm trying not to eat too much though, because I heard the body heals best when fasting.. it's just difficult for me to fast when I work at a pizza place and there's a bunch of good smelling pizza in front of me all day long and I haven't eaten anything, so I always try to eat right before I go to work, so I'm not overly tempted to snack on some pizza.

to raw: I've never drank tea before now, I don't really want to add it to my diet though because all I ever drink is water and sometimes raw milk(although I consider milk more of a liquid food like egg yolks than a drink, so IMO, I only drink water).  I don't think I would even like the taste of tea anyways, it's bitter isn't it?  I can't stand bitter drinks, even before I switched to water only, I could only ever drink things that were sweet, preferable fruit juices or fruit flavoured things.  I also don't know what you mean by douching, because I am certianly not going to be shoving anything up anywhere.
As for preventing recurrences, this is the first UTI I have ever had in my entire life and I'm pretty sure I know the cause of the UTI or whatever it is, and it has nothing to do with anything I've been eating/drinking lately.. especially since before I tried out this raw diet, I NEVER drank water, only sodas and sugary juices, because the taste of water made me gag and I literally COULD NOT drink water, and I also never used public toilets so I would often times hold it when I had to go, and yet I never developed a UTI back then.  I'm nearly 100% sure this was caused externally rather than internally.

Offline kurite

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 11, 2011, 09:48:03 am »
If you want to fast to let your body heal you can simply eat a huge meal of like 1500-2000 calories before work and then fast the rest of the day.
"A government big enough to give you everything you want is a government big enough to take from you everything you have."

Offline OrganicBuns

• Forager
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 11, 2011, 11:27:50 am »
Hi Wolf, I have had dozens of these, including one that has progressed into my bladder. Some people are just more susceptible to them than other, sometimes its a structural thing as in my case. Anyways I can give you some good advice here because I treat them naturally and have learned to prevent them entirely. Just so you understand whats happening... The strain of bacteria that causes the infection have hooks on their outer membrane that allows them to gradually climb their way up towards the bladder and irritate the cells as they pass. Here is what I do and have been recommended to do by an ND.

Parsley Tea - steep a few tablespoons in a tea pot and drink, and drink as much as you can. Keep making new batches. Alternate with parsley tea and regular water. Parsley is far more effective than cranberry, it works by disrupting the bacteria membrane and they can't continue to climb. The extra water helps to continually knock them down and flush'em out. I would do this frequently until symptoms are completely gone and then I would have a few cups a day for up to a week just to be sure. Parsley is also natures multivitamin so in general your nourishing your body intensely as well.

Cranberry is good, look in the frozen section if you can't find them fresh - you can juice them and add water so it's not as intensely bitter. But like I said it isn't AS effective.

If you want prevention suggestions you can message me, but this is your first one so I wouldn't worry as much about prevention unless you get another or it comes back.

Offline miles

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 11, 2011, 12:30:45 pm »
To heal UTI you must go on a pure fruit diet cleanse, and also as close to ZC as you can no carbs. Best to supplement the diet too with ACV, but don't use any supplements as they reduce your body's own ability to produce that substance. If you're in a weakened state you must use plenty of flushes and as much fat as you can eat to detox yourself, but detoxes are very draining on the body so you don't want to do them unless you're healthy. Also it's probable you're not getting enough mg so you must grind some powder into your water but you must also supplement with all other minerals or you will cause an imbalance. You've also got to get in the sunlight as much as possible to produce vitamin D but you're best to wear lots of clothes as the sun will damage your folic acid. For healing it's important to get lots of rest so the body can rebuild, but exercise is essential for health and well-being. It's best to fast to detox your body but make sure you're eating plenty of food every day to give your body the nutrition it needs to rebuild itself. Eat as much as you want as long as it's raw paleo but not too much or you'll gain fat, overburden your digestive system and your parasites will grow. Remember your digestive system heals better if you don't eat any food, but if you have a weak digestive system you need plenty of animal foods to rebuild it. You definitely want to eat honey with your meat to improve digestion, but don't mix protein and carbs as they require different digestive environments. Also raw milk is the best food for rebuilding your body, but it's also very damaging to your body so it's best not to use it much. And wheat is allergenic so avoid it as much as possible, unless you're having a bath then dip in.
5-10% off your first purchase at http://www.iherb.com/ with dicount code: KIS978

Offline kurite

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 11, 2011, 12:38:27 pm »
To heal UTI you must go on a pure fruit diet cleanse, and also as close to ZC as you can no carbs. Best to supplement the diet too with ACV, but don't use any supplements as they reduce your body's own ability to produce that substance. If you're in a weakened state you must use plenty of flushes and as much fat as you can eat to detox yourself, but detoxes are very draining on the body so you don't want to do them unless you're healthy. Also it's probable you're not getting enough mg so you must grind some powder into your water but you must also supplement with all other minerals or you will cause an imbalance. You've also got to get in the sunlight as much as possible to produce vitamin D but you're best to wear lots of clothes as the sun will damage your folic acid. For healing it's important to get lots of rest so the body can rebuild, but exercise is essential for health and well-being. It's best to fast to detox your body but make sure you're eating plenty of food every day to give your body the nutrition it needs to rebuild itself. Eat as much as you want as long as it's raw paleo but not too much or you'll gain fat, overburden your digestive system and your parasites will grow. Remember your digestive system heals better if you don't eat any food, but if you have a weak digestive system you need plenty of animal foods to rebuild it. You definitely want to eat honey with your meat to improve digestion, but don't mix protein and carbs as they require different digestive environments. Also raw milk is the best food for rebuilding your body, but it's also very damaging to your body so it's best not to use it much. And wheat is allergenic so avoid it as much as possible, unless you're having a bath then dip in.
Lol wtf was that?

Offline Wolf

• Chief
  • Grawr.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 11, 2011, 06:07:58 pm »
Lol wtf was that?

lol i can't even, im too tired right now to respond to that wall of text.

and I don't think I could eat 1500+ calories all in one sitting, especially if im trying to eat them in proper digestive order with leaving time inbetween each meal of different types of food to prevent digestive issues..

plus it's pretty much gone by now, might not even been a UTI but possibly a small injury in the urethra or something, I'm not even sure.  I just get slight pain when I urinate, and not even during the whole urination, but only at the end of it when im getting the last of it out.  I did have the UTI symptoms of frequent need to use the bathroom and painful burning when I urinated, and possibly blood in the urine(although it was very difficult to tell because it was also that time of the month so I had no idea how to tell where the blood was coming from), but only for one day, otherwise its been a normal need and only slight pain, and even no blood now.

Offline Iguana

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Eating tuna fish
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: February 11, 2011, 06:12:49 pm »
Peppers I consider as fruits, since they have seeds, even peas might be considered fruit ("Peapods are botanically a fruit,[2] since they contain seeds developed from the ovary of a (pea) flower." from wikipedia, which also says a similar statement about bell peppers.), and tomatoes and tamarillo are fruit.. I'm not too keen on eating roots as far as taste, though I'm not quite as adverse to them as I would be a vegetable that was the leafy or stalk parts.  Also, the last time I ate dried fruit was probably the last time I ate any raisins, which was probably years ago since I can't even remember the last time I even saw any raisins.  Honey however, is delicious and I only eat it raw, and I don't see any harm in eating it as long as it's raw.. maybe not so great to eat during a UTI, but it's better than me eating the food at my job out of hunger instead.

Drinking the raw ACV seemed to have helped, though, my pain has been greatly reduced and it seems like it's almost gone.  Otherwise I've mostly just been eating fruit, such as blueberries and papaya and watermelon, and they don't seem to have made it worse.  I'm trying not to eat too much though, because I heard the body heals best when fasting.. it's just difficult for me to fast when I work at a pizza place and there's a bunch of good smelling pizza in front of me all day long and I haven't eaten anything, so I always try to eat right before I go to work, so I'm not overly tempted to snack on some pizza.

Sure, raw honey is better than pizzas ! Yes, I know that botanically tomatoes, peppers, tamarillos are fruits. But as a food I think it’s preferable to consider them as vegetables since they contain almost no sugars and digest well in combination with real (botanically speaking) vegetables.

Offline kurite

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 12, 2011, 05:31:37 am »
Sure, raw honey is better than pizzas ! Yes, I know that botanically tomatoes, peppers, tamarillos are fruits. But as a food I think it’s preferable to consider them as vegetables since they contain almost no sugars and digest well in combination with real (botanically speaking) vegetables.

Thats because they are night shades, in other words we hybridized poisonous plants into food, IMO not the best idea but some people love them anyway. I find it interesting that I have hated the taste of every single night shade I have ever tried raw, of course when I tried them I didn't know they were night shades.

Offline PaleoPhil

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 12, 2011, 06:12:38 am »
Hmmm, come to think of it, I'm not fond of the taste of any of the nightshades raw either and I found I did better when I cut them out. Interesting.
>"When some one eats an Epi paleo Rx template and follows the rules of circadian biology they get plenty of starches when they are available three out of the four seasons." -Jack Kruse, MD
>"I recommend 20 percent of calories from carbs, depending on the size of the person" -Ron Rosedale, MD (in other words, NOT zero carbs) http://preview.tinyurl.com/6ogtan
>Finding a diet you can tolerate is not the same as fixing what's wrong. -Tim Steele

Offline Iguana

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Eating tuna fish
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 12, 2011, 06:21:04 am »
Ah, nightshades again… see this previous post

Cordain:
In the wild world of the internet and elsewhere, urban legend has it that consumption of nightshade (tomato, potato, eggplant, bell peppers, hot peppers, and paprika) free diets may improve symptoms in some rheumatoid arthritis patients.
(…)
My recommendation for healthy people would be to avoid potatoes for all of the reasons I have previously listed (see last week’s newsletter for part 1 of this paper and the discussion of potatoes). However, because ripe red tomatoes have such low concentrations of ?-tomatine, and because they are rich sources of vitamins, minerals and other healthful nutrients, only people with an autoimmune disease or allergies should consider limiting their fresh ripe tomato intake.

EDIT : but of course if you currently don't like them, you don't have to eat them  ;)
« Last Edit: February 12, 2011, 06:53:54 am by Iguana »

Offline kurite

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 12, 2011, 07:56:28 am »

lol i can't even, im too tired right now to respond to that wall of text.

and I don't think I could eat 1500+ calories all in one sitting, especially if im trying to eat them in proper digestive order with leaving time inbetween each meal of different types of food to prevent digestive issues..

plus it's pretty much gone by now, might not even been a UTI but possibly a small injury in the urethra or something, I'm not even sure.  I just get slight pain when I urinate, and not even during the whole urination, but only at the end of it when im getting the last of it out.  I did have the UTI symptoms of frequent need to use the bathroom and painful burning when I urinated, and possibly blood in the urine(although it was very difficult to tell because it was also that time of the month so I had no idea how to tell where the blood was coming from), but only for one day, otherwise its been a normal need and only slight pain, and even no blood now.

Lol I guess I could be speaking for myself. After all im a 180lb male so its different. But I've gotten to the point that I could eat 2-3lbs of fatty meat in one sitting if I feel like it. My record for fruit was 8lbs of watermelon.

Offline PaleoPhil

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 12, 2011, 11:27:18 am »
Also, tomato sauces, even home-made, and sometimes even raw tomato juices, used to give me upset stomach. I think it was more likely due to the acidity than an autoimmune illness or allergy, because reducing the acidity of the sauce did help. I used to be skeptical of the possibility that nightshades might cause me any problems and I continued to eat them for some time. Then I found that I did better without the nightshades, whatever the reasons, and when I tried reintroducing them, I worsened again. Whether it was mostly due to autoimmune issues or allergies, I don't know. Some might write it off as coincidence, but I don't find that I need them anyway, whatever the reasons, and the tastes of most of them were only particularly pleasant to me when cooked anyway. For me they were at best second rate foods. YMMV

Offline Wolf

• Chief
  • Grawr.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 12, 2011, 01:38:25 pm »
Yeah, I heard about tomatoes and stuff being nightshades and that some avoid eating them, which is probably why I haven't added tomatoes to the plethora of fruits I've been eating lately.  I've never really tried eating tomatoes raw though, so I'm not even sure whether I like the taste of them or not, though I never really liked tomato sauces or anything, other than Ketchup, when I used to eat those things.

And yeah, I don't think I could eat 8 lbs of watermelon in one sitting even if I was starving.. but I think that's more because lately I've been used to eating small meals throughout the day whenever I feel hungry, rather than trying to eat few to one big meal through the whole day.  Though, I guess I've been trying to follow more of a wai diet with all the fruit I've been eating, while I'm trying to fight off my acne still.  Well I don't really get that much acne anymore, it's just that there are still sores leftover from acne, which are taking a long time to heal away, and I do still get small amounts of acne every once in a while, which, although FAR less frequent and numerous than before, still don't do anything to help my face to heal.   :'(

Offline kurite

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 13, 2011, 02:10:06 am »
Yeah, I heard about tomatoes and stuff being nightshades and that some avoid eating them, which is probably why I haven't added tomatoes to the plethora of fruits I've been eating lately.  I've never really tried eating tomatoes raw though, so I'm not even sure whether I like the taste of them or not, though I never really liked tomato sauces or anything, other than Ketchup, when I used to eat those things.

And yeah, I don't think I could eat 8 lbs of watermelon in one sitting even if I was starving.. but I think that's more because lately I've been used to eating small meals throughout the day whenever I feel hungry, rather than trying to eat few to one big meal through the whole day.  Though, I guess I've been trying to follow more of a wai diet with all the fruit I've been eating, while I'm trying to fight off my acne still.  Well I don't really get that much acne anymore, it's just that there are still sores leftover from acne, which are taking a long time to heal away, and I do still get small amounts of acne every once in a while, which, although FAR less frequent and numerous than before, still don't do anything to help my face to heal.   :'(

Where are you in the US? Sunbathing helps so much for acne and acne scars it amazing. Unfortunately I'm in Chicago and we have about 3-4ft of snow.

Offline PaleoPhil

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 13, 2011, 03:33:49 am »
... I've never really tried eating tomatoes raw though, so I'm not even sure whether I like the taste of them or not, though I never really liked tomato sauces or anything, other than Ketchup, when I used to eat those things.
When I was a youth I would force myself to eat raw tomato slices/chunks in salads and sandwiches despite not liking their taste because my mother and many other people and everything I'd heard said they were healthy. At that point I'd never heard of Paleo or Instincto. I would have been happy to forego tomatoes if I had known that they might not be the paragon of healthy food that most claimed they were.

Though, I guess I've been trying to follow more of a wai diet with all the fruit I've been eating, while I'm trying to fight off my acne still.  Well I don't really get that much acne anymore, it's just that there are still sores leftover from acne, which are taking a long time to heal away, and I do still get small amounts of acne every once in a while, which, although FAR less frequent and numerous than before, still don't do anything to help my face to heal.   :'( [/font]
For my case the Wai diet that recommends table sugar and lots of fruits as an acne treatment makes no sense because those things trigger acne, cystic acne, and sebaceous cysts in me. Could you maybe be another one that they have similar effects on?

Offline Wolf

• Chief
  • Grawr.
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 13, 2011, 04:41:08 am »
Where are you in the US? Sunbathing helps so much for acne and acne scars it amazing. Unfortunately I'm in Chicago and we have about 3-4ft of snow.

Luckily I'm in Southern California where we have plenty of sun all year round, unfortunately I for one, don't have anywhere to sunbathe nude which is what I would prefer, and for two, I don't have the time anymore.  Also for three, though I'm more medium skinned than light skinned, I haven't been much out in the sun for a long time so I've become very pale and easily burned.  However, I've been trying to get myself out in the sun more often whenever I can, because I know it will help clear up my skin.

When I was a youth I would force myself to eat raw tomato slices/chunks in salads and sandwiches despite not liking their taste because my mother and many other people and everything I'd heard said they were healthy. At that point I'd never heard of Paleo or Instincto. I would have been happy to forego tomatoes if I had known that they might not be the paragon of healthy food that most claimed they were.

For my case the Wai diet that recommends table sugar and lots of fruits as an acne treatment makes no sense because those things trigger acne, cystic acne, and sebaceous cysts in me. Could you maybe be another one that they have similar effects on?

There was a lot of things I hated eating when I was younger that I have found out now are actually bad for you even though everyone said it should be eaten, mostly like bread.. or like with combining food, i hated combining my food and tried to keep everything separate but people always criticized me for it.  Now I know I was right!!

And the wai diet doesn't recommend table sugar.  o.O;  just a lot of fruit and small amounts of animal protein from either raw egg yolks or neverfrozen fish, though I don't follow it to a T, I did switch to eating mostly fruit with eggs, sometimes eating raw grass-fed beef though, honey, and as much salt-free food as I can, and it's seemed to have greatly improved my acne situation.. because while I was eating 100% raw foods for about a month(I also never added and salts or seasonings to any of my foods), I was still breaking out with acne.. I even tried switching up my diet during that time by stopping the raw dairy, but I still broke out, stopping any plant foods whatsoever so no fruit or veggies of any kind, and still broke out, and all sorts of things but nothing ever seemed to work, I'd still get new zits almost every day.. although, it was a lot less than I usually got, and they were smaller and went away more quickly, I was still getting it.  Now though, I've switched to eating mostly fruit, even started eating cooked eggs with added cheese and butter, less meat, and I seem to be doing a lot better fighting my acne now.  I don't get zits anymore except every few days I might get one or two, which is probably more likely caused by the times I give in at work and munch on pizza.  Cooked animal foods don't even seem to cause me to break out, seeing how eating a 1lb cheeseburger without the bun hadn't seemed to make me break out nor did the cooked eggs with butter and cheese I was eating everyday for a little while, fruit doesn't make me break out at all, I don't know if salt really is the cause or not like wai says, but either way im trying to avoid salt as much as I can just because i don't think we really need that much salt.  Certainly I do break out more after eating salty foods, but since they are usually commercial and processed foods too, it could be any number of factors due to all the additives in processed foods.  I rarely get any zits now though, my problem now is more trying to get the leftover acne sores to heal away, and I'm afraid to change my diet too dramatically that will cause more zits to break out before the sores can heal, which will only make things worse. 

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk