Author Topic: German grass fed meat contaminated with Dioxin  (Read 5913 times)

Offline Löwenherz

• Chief
    • View Profile
German grass fed meat contaminated with Dioxin
« on: February 09, 2011, 05:08:47 am »
In several regions of Germany grass fed meat is contaminated with dioxin:

http://www.dradio.de/dlf/sendungen/umwelt/1365296/

A sad story...

Löwenherz

Offline Caveman

• Bear Hunter
  • Man of the cave
    • View Profile
Re: German grass fed meat contaminated with Dioxin
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2011, 05:41:41 am »
Uh oh..

I wonder if any of the neighboring European countries have any of these problems..

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2011, 05:45:37 am »
I posted about this issue a while back. It appears to be only a problem for those cattle given "feeds" which were chemically-adulterated with dioxins(ie only grainfed cattle, not grassfed cattle at all).
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline kurite

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2011, 06:03:03 am »
Its from herbicide sprays so it could be grass fed too.Maybe you should try to find an organic grass fed farmer.
"A government big enough to give you everything you want is a government big enough to take from you everything you have."

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2011, 06:15:32 am »
Its from herbicide sprays so it could be grass fed too.Maybe you should try to find an organic grass fed farmer.
  No, the chemicals are specifically mentioned as having been put in "feeds" given to cattle, and 100 percent grassfed cattle are not given such feeds.
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline kurite

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2011, 06:38:59 am »
I didn't read the article I just meant in general.
"A government big enough to give you everything you want is a government big enough to take from you everything you have."

Offline Löwenherz

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 10, 2011, 01:55:44 am »
I posted about this issue a while back. It appears to be only a problem for those cattle given "feeds" which were chemically-adulterated with dioxins(ie only grainfed cattle, not grassfed cattle at all).

Unfortunately it has nothing to do with the recent dioxin scandal in Germany, as soemone who hasn't read the article could assume. And it has nothing to do with feeds.

Meat from 100% GRASS FED cattle is strongly contaminated in some regions due to industrial pollution of air, water and grasslands.

Löwenherz

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #7 on: February 10, 2011, 02:05:37 am »
Even the recent dioxin in feed scandal in Germany wasn't all that bad - that is, the amounts were not harmful per se, they just were over a government-imposed "safe" limit. As for pollution in general, I don't think that general pollution is that big a problem, except in places like Mexico City etc. Plus, RVAFers have better detox mechanisms as they are not constantly having to deal with heat-created toxins in cooked foods, so should be able to deal with minor amounts of pollutants.
" Ron Paul.

Offline Iguana

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Eating tuna fish
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 10, 2011, 02:36:05 am »
And anyway dioxin is not at all destroyed by cooking.
Cause and effect are distant in time and space in complex systems, while at the same time there’s a tendency to look for causes near the events sought to be explained. Time delays in feedback in systems result in the condition where the long-run response of a system to an action is often different from its short-run response. — Ronald J. Ziegler

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk