18 (43.9%)
I am a male and have not been circumcised
14 (34.1%)
Female circumcised
0 (0%)
Female uncircumcised/Other
9 (22%)

Total Members Voted: 39

Author Topic: Are you circumcised?  (Read 22401 times)

Offline Dorothy

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
Re: Are you circumcised?
« Reply #25 on: June 28, 2012, 08:24:42 am »
Oops - of course China - excuse the brain spasm - typed the wrong country!  -[

They are the same in that they are used to control a population! They change the appearance and function of the human body. Just because it's the function in sex doesn't mean it isn't as detrimental to some of those who it is done to. If a man chooses to do it when he becomes an adult and is completely informed regarding how it is going to affect him it's another thing entirely. Piercing parts of the body that are vital to function for babies and young children would also be mutilation. A made up example would be if a culture had the practice of piercing their babies' tongues so their ability to eat and taste all the flavors is affected.

I think most men in the US don't even consciously realize that they were mutilated AS BABIES by their own parents which effects their entire lifelong sex enjoyment and the enjoyment of their partners and is done to keep them and their women in line sexually, behaviorally and psychologically.

All the stuff about health reasons to do it are totally bullshit.

Offline Dorothy

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 28, 2012, 08:26:10 am »
"Experienced" ladies I've talked to say circumsised  taste and smell better and cleaner... it's the culture in my country.

Yesterday my 11 year old was asking about circumsision and I said NO.

I said it was a bullshit harmful tradition that had to stop.

For him I had all the excuse with his current healing eczema.  I said what if you were cut and your penis didn't heal?

And for the Filipinas who culturally prefer circumsised?  He asked.

I said in his generation the people will be informed that circumsision is bullshit.

The too sensitive head part is true for some men.  My driver says he ejaculates in only 4 pumps.  That is a possible side effect I cannot yet explain to my boy.  I don't have that problem.  But it's a good concrete example I can explain to him.

Good for you standing up for your son when he is yet too young to understand it all for himself!

Offline Adora

• Chief
  • to thine own self be true ... Shakespeare
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 28, 2012, 08:55:45 am »
"Experienced" ladies I've talked to say circumsised  taste and smell better and cleaner... it's the culture in my country.

It's cheap to think that way. It takes the sacred out of the sex. Imagine a world where lovers felt blessed to meet each other intimately. Where our sex organs were met with innocence and curiosity. Instead it's judgement and preconceived ideals here, there, mostly everywhere.  Anyway, isn't sex carnal, and hot, and even stinky :P? Really, who's selling this?

I think its the culture in this country too.  -[ Most people still do it here, and seem to be pleased about it. I've um seen it all as a nurse, not as a partner, so I can't speak for taste, but it is really just a health and hygiene thing. If a person is clean and healthy they look and smell and likely taste pleasant. If not, no.  Dirty, sick men are incredibly disgusting, whether they're altered or original.

I think male and female circumcision is vile, cruel, evil. I have nothing good to say about it. I've seen it performed, I hate it. I have to clench down on myself with all of my will and repeat that I have to keep quiet. I get so upset. I can't let it go. I still see those helpless baby boys madly sucking on sugar water as the butcher slices through foreskin, leaving their penis mutilated. Everybody's always so pleased. While I choke back vomit and tears.  It makes me wish I could burn the whole place down. --- please excuse the emotional outburst. It's therapeutic letting it out.

know thyself and all of the mysteries of the gods and the universe will be revealed.
Oracle at Delphi

Then began I to thrive, and wisdom to get,
I grew and well I was;
Each word led me on to another word,
Each deed to another deed.
Odin, who chose to be weak and hang form the tree of the world (the universe), to capture the Runes (wisdom), so he (omnipotent) grew...
Each true word and deed leads to my manifestation of the true me.

Offline Dorothy

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 28, 2012, 09:01:45 am »
Just the thought of it makes me feel the same way Adora and I haven't seen it done. It seems to me the perfect symbol - the ultimate expression - of the horrors that we do to one another in the name of culture. I don't think I could have been able to hold it together like you were able to. 

Offline Adora

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 28, 2012, 09:07:13 am »
And another thing -  I remember my girl friends a few years back getting their clitorises pierced. They wanted to give more pleasure to their men. I thought, and still think    ~ Since when is the man ever not pleasured, and what about the scar tissue on your precious little clit :o, which part of that little powerhouse of pleasure are you willing to loose feeling in?  There choice was midline.  I barely understand myself, but the rest of the world is just nuts.

Dorothy, I'm not proud to have "held together" :'(
know thyself and all of the mysteries of the gods and the universe will be revealed.
Oracle at Delphi

I grew and well I was;
Odin, who chose to be weak and hang form the tree of the world (the universe), to capture the Runes (wisdom), so he (omnipotent) grew...

Offline Dorothy

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: June 28, 2012, 09:14:18 am »
You had to hold it together to keep your job and feed yourself and your daughter. You losing it wouldn't have changed what was happening. I'm amazed at how numb and brainwashed people are -- they would have not understood at all what your problem was and just got you fired with no good coming from it. Maybe sharing your experience during it and how horrible it was might make a difference though to someone who is on the fence here or somewhere else. The graphic nature of your description should be enough to make any mother refuse to have that done to their baby.

Offline Adora

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 28, 2012, 09:44:36 am »
Dorothy thanks for what you said. I know your right, in my head, but....
Mother's don't watch. They say I can't see that, and spin out of the door, for a coffee.
Oracle at Delphi

I grew and well I was;

Offline Dorothy

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 28, 2012, 10:10:55 am »
Dorothy thanks for what you said. I know your right, in my head, but....
Mother's don't watch. They say I can't see that, and spin out of the door, for a coffee.

Jeez - If you can't "see" it - maybe it's a clue that you shouldn't be letting someone else do it to your baby??? duh.

CitrusHigh

« Reply #33 on: June 28, 2012, 11:25:36 am »
The world is truly mad in some instances, but that is a manifestation of how backwards we are because of operating from improper premises. But the pendulum will swing back the other direction and it will all be an unpleasant memory, just like slavery and other unsavory, cruel and barbaric customs.  I saw a crunchy mama at the co-op with a bumper sticker on her car that read something like "Circumcision is mutilation" and I gave her some praise in the parking lot to show my appreciation that she thought it was important enough to raise awareness about the problem.

I will have a baby sibling born c section on friday and I have to make my objections known to my dad and stepmom in case the baby is a boy. Last time I didn't feel it was my place, because I was younger and less sure of myself, but this time I'm going to at least make them aware of it. I'll also be sending them an email with photos of the process. I saw a video of the procedure on youtube and it is infuriating. For the sake of the energy at the birth site I'll have to detach a bit and just let it go whatever happens. It won't help to bring unhappy energy to the situation. Can't believe that a society calling itself 'civilized' and 'modern' can even permit the butchery.

Offline Adora

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 29, 2012, 01:49:20 am »
Hi Thoth
    I agree it is best to keep the birth place positive. Can you discuss it today? C section is pretty bad too.  I have absolute confidence in your ability to make an excellent case not to circumcise their baby. They may still, but if anybody could persuade, you could. You've mentioned that the dynamics are challenging, but why wait, center yourself and let it fly. I sent love.
Oracle at Delphi

I grew and well I was;

Offline gc

• Boar Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 30, 2012, 03:18:11 am »
I asked my dad why it was done. He said the doctor insisted, and that it was cleaner. In Detroit in the early 70's, nearly ALL boys were circumcised. I am not Jewish or Muslim, never have been, never will be. I was very angry because that should have been MY choice, and no one else's.

If there was no reason for foreskin, it would not have developed. Cutting it off is stupid. If I have any sons they will be 100% whole when they leave the hospital (or birthing yurt, or kiddie pool, or bathtub, or whatever).

Cesarean births at least have a valid reason for being as breech births can kill but circumcision is freaktarded.

That might be a personal opinion, but it pissed me off at age 15 when I realized that not everyone had a scar.
insert signature here

Offline Adora

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 30, 2012, 11:43:23 am »
Thoth what happened with the baby?
Oracle at Delphi

I grew and well I was;

Offline Suiren

• Elder
  • (r)evolutionary mom
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: June 30, 2012, 10:34:24 pm »
Cesarean births at least have a valid reason for being as breech births can kill but circumcision is freaktarded.

Cesarean births should be an option only for emergencies. But nowadays they are pushed on many parents. I agree they can save lifes though. My sons heartbeat dropped down to 50 during my nearly 43 week check up, I never went into labor, he had to come out right this second.

My son is not circumcised. I found this video http://youtu.be/UAGNnqyNidY
and it broke my heart. I don't even need to know any scientific facts about pros and cons. I only need to know that nature intended men to have a foreskin and that I could never see my baby getting hurt like that.
I hate it when pro circs try to argue with benefits.
Nyd byþ nearu on breostan; weorþeþ hi þeah oft niþa bearnum
to helpe and to hæle gehwæþre, gif hi his hlystaþ æror.

CitrusHigh

« Reply #38 on: June 30, 2012, 11:43:29 pm »
Hi Suiren, Mom's like you are my heroes!

I love your new avatar pic, what a gorgeous family you have!

Offline Ferocious

• Bear Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: July 01, 2012, 06:19:13 am »

Thanks!

Offline Dorothy

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: July 01, 2012, 06:59:54 am »
Suiren AND Ferocious are heros! 

Offline Suiren

• Elder
  • (r)evolutionary mom
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: July 01, 2012, 07:22:00 am »

Thank you! And thank you Dorothy too. We just try to parent gentle and natural. I'm not a fan of a lot of standard parenting advice.

Offline Adora

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: July 01, 2012, 09:29:51 am »
I like the new pic too. What is your signature???
Oracle at Delphi

I grew and well I was;

Offline Suiren

• Elder
  • (r)evolutionary mom
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: July 01, 2012, 07:33:25 pm »
I like the new pic too. What is your signature???

That is the anglo saxon rune poem - 11. I like the German translation better btw., it seems more accurate.

Offline Adora

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: July 01, 2012, 10:32:48 pm »
Hi Suiren
     I will look up the German translation. I love runes.  Have you ever used them?
Oracle at Delphi

I grew and well I was;

Offline Suiren

• Elder
  • (r)evolutionary mom
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: July 02, 2012, 01:59:36 pm »
I have written and read runes, but not rune magick if you are referring to that. :)

Offline Adora

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: July 04, 2012, 12:45:53 am »
I draw runes from a bag and read there meanings to have their council. What do you mean? Is what I'm doing called rune magic?
Oracle at Delphi

I grew and well I was;

Offline gc

• Boar Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: July 04, 2012, 03:38:36 am »
Cesarean births should be an option only for emergencies. But nowadays they are pushed on many parents. I agree they can save lifes though. My sons heartbeat dropped down to 50 during my nearly 43 week check up, I never went into labor, he had to come out right this second.

My son is not circumcised. I found this video http://youtu.be/UAGNnqyNidY
and it broke my heart. I don't even need to know any scientific facts about pros and cons. I only need to know that nature intended men to have a foreskin and that I could never see my baby getting hurt like that.
I hate it when pro circs try to argue with benefits.

Me too, thx for the support.

And I agree with Thoth, you got a fierce lookin' crew there!
insert signature here

Offline Suiren

• Elder
  • (r)evolutionary mom
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: July 05, 2012, 10:46:06 pm »
I draw runes from a bag and read there meanings to have their council. What do you mean? Is what I'm doing called rune magic?

Ahh! Now I understand. Yes I think that would be considered rune magick.  I knew someone who did this.
I don't personally, just know what letters they stand for and translate them.

gc
Thank you! :)

Offline raw-al

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
Cheers
Al

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk