Author Topic: Fruitarian that followed all the rules and still failed  (Read 9687 times)

Offline kurite

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
Fruitarian that followed all the rules and still failed
« on: February 25, 2011, 01:21:39 pm »
http://letthemeatmeat.com/post/3484206816/interview-with-an-ex-vegan-erim-bilgin
Anyone know how to get in contact with him? I want to try to tell him about raw paleo but can't seem to find an email address.
"A government big enough to give you everything you want is a government big enough to take from you everything you have."

Offline KD

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
Re: Fruitarian that followed all the rules and still failed
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2011, 01:47:44 pm »

I found this kid pretty remarkable and witty. Some of the stuff waxing philosophy showed his age a bit but pretty entertaining to read. Incredibly informative look into that world.

So far I received two death threats but they didn’t sound very direct. One was something like “You should be killed like the animals you kill” (this is what they mean by Karma I guess)

hehe

Offline RawZi

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Need I say more?
    • View Profile
    • my twitter
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2011, 03:19:03 pm »
    Free Lea says you can reach him on vegsource:
http://www.30bananasaday.com/forum/topics/appleman-drama?commentId=2684079%3AComment%3A948353
Appleman didn't do the lifestyle correctly and as a result fell off the wagon (like MANY people do) and is looking to justify it. I hope he finds a way to make it work for him like many others have.

Anyone interested in the situation with Appleman can email him on Vegsource, hopefully he will get a straight truthful answer.
"Genuine truth angers people in general because they don't know what to do with the energy generated by a glimpse of reality." Greg W. Goodwin

Offline kurite

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2011, 03:45:53 pm »
Thanks a lot RawZi, how did you possibly manage to find that?
"A government big enough to give you everything you want is a government big enough to take from you everything you have."

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
  • Geek Healer Truth Seeker Pro-Natal Pro-Life
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2011, 06:50:38 pm »
That was an awesome interview.
Thanks for sharing.
Linux Geek, Web Developer, Email Provider, Businessman, Engineer, REAL Free Healer, Pro-Life, Pro-Family, Truther, Ripple-XRP Fan

I'm the network administrator.
My business: Website Dev & Hosting and Email Server Provider,
My blogs: Cure Manual, My Health Blog, Eczema Cure & Psoriasis Cure

Offline actionhero

• Bear Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2011, 10:31:07 pm »
It's just a matter of time before all 811ers show up here.
A P E X   P R E D A T O R

Offline Brother

• Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 25, 2011, 10:51:16 pm »
That is one very intelligent young man. His ability to deduct is most impressive and often reserved for people 2-3 times his age.  I'll admit to some envy.

Offline Caveman

• Bear Hunter
  • Man of the cave
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 25, 2011, 11:00:51 pm »
Awesome! I like his enthusiasm. I definitely share some because of the difference I've noticed with animal foods, especially compared to eating vegan.

He should do whatever works for him. It would be cool to have him around here, though, and I am curious as to what he thinks about RAF.

Offline Sitting Coyote

• Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 25, 2011, 11:16:28 pm »
Wonderful interview, thanks for sharing this. 

There is a raw potluck in my area, and last summer I emailed its organizer and asked to be added to the group's email list.  I couldn't make the next couple (scheduled once per month), but was able to attend one in late July.  I figured it was a raw vegan group even though they didn't explicitly advertise themselves as such, so I brought a vegan raw dish (fruit salad) with a mind to mingle and see what the group was like.

It was a fascinating experience.  There were about 30 people there, all in very poor health except the "leader" who was about 20 and had only been a raw vegan for about a year.  I didn't blurt out that I was a raw omnivore, but during discussions with a few people I did let it slip that I ate animal foods and while chatting with an older gentleman (who looked 30 years older than he actually was, it turned out) I let it slip that, in fact, raw animal fat was the single most important part of my diet and that I got 80-90 percent of my calories from raw animal foods.  He was at once distraught and shocked, as when we first sat down together he complimented me on my exquisite skin complexion and the "Buddhistic" presence I carried.  He attributed it to the raw vegan diet (that I didn't follow), of course.

By the end of the four hour potluck everyone in the room knew that I wasn't vegan.  While they would certainly have attacked me if they had the anonymity of the internet in their favor, no one said anything hostile to me in person.  One young woman kept looking at me as if she was just begging me to ask for her number, although she was so emaciated that I didn't find her remotely attractive.  After that potluck the "leader" removed my name from his email list, and no longer responded to my requests to be put back on.

Just as well.  Once I finish my dissertation and have a little more time, I'm toying with the idea of starting a RVAF potluck in my area.  I think there would be interest, as there are a lot of foodies around here.

Offline magnetic

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 25, 2011, 11:28:17 pm »
http://letthemeatmeat.com/post/3484206816/interview-with-an-ex-vegan-erim-bilgin
Anyone know how to get in contact with him? I want to try to tell him about raw paleo but can't seem to find an email address.

Great interview, I enjoyed reading it.   Thanks for posting.  I failed when eating vegan for 7 years.  The tofurkey did me in.

Ryan

Offline magnetic

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 25, 2011, 11:54:57 pm »
Wonderful interview, thanks for sharing this. 

There is a raw potluck in my area, and last summer I emailed its organizer and asked to be added to the group's email list.  I couldn't make the next couple (scheduled once per month), but was able to attend one in late July.  I figured it was a raw vegan group even though they didn't explicitly advertise themselves as such, so I brought a vegan raw dish (fruit salad) with a mind to mingle and see what the group was like.

It was a fascinating experience.  There were about 30 people there, all in very poor health except the "leader" who was about 20 and had only been a raw vegan for about a year.  I didn't blurt out that I was a raw omnivore, but during discussions with a few people I did let it slip that I ate animal foods and while chatting with an older gentleman (who looked 30 years older than he actually was, it turned out) I let it slip that, in fact, raw animal fat was the single most important part of my diet and that I got 80-90 percent of my calories from raw animal foods.  He was at once distraught and shocked, as when we first sat down together he complimented me on my exquisite skin complexion and the "Buddhistic" presence I carried.  He attributed it to the raw vegan diet (that I didn't follow), of course.

By the end of the four hour potluck everyone in the room knew that I wasn't vegan.  While they would certainly have attacked me if they had the anonymity of the internet in their favor, no one said anything hostile to me in person.  One young woman kept looking at me as if she was just begging me to ask for her number, although she was so emaciated that I didn't find her remotely attractive.  After that potluck the "leader" removed my name from his email list, and no longer responded to my requests to be put back on.

Just as well.  Once I finish my dissertation and have a little more time, I'm toying with the idea of starting a RVAF potluck in my area.  I think there would be interest, as there are a lot of foodies around here.

I am inspired!

Is there a place to look for local RVAF potlucks online??

Ryan

Offline CHK91

• Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 26, 2011, 12:55:19 am »

What made you want to go to one of those potlucks knowing that people were going to be privately hostile?
All I want is the truth... Just gimme some truth.
"I wanna be the minority."

Offline Sitting Coyote

• Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 26, 2011, 12:56:52 am »
I'd look around health food stores in the area.  If you can't find one, just start one.  I'm sure there are other people in your area who are interested in alternative diets too, just waiting for someone else to start a potluck.

Offline CHK91

• Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 26, 2011, 12:59:04 am »
I'd look around health food stores in the area.

I would think that most health food stores tend toward vegetarianism/veganism. That has been my experience at least.
All I want is the truth... Just gimme some truth.
"I wanna be the minority."

Offline Sitting Coyote

• Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 26, 2011, 01:00:08 am »
What made you want to go to one of those potlucks knowing that people were going to be privately hostile?

To meet other people interested in the raw lifestyle in my area.  And to push their comfort zone a little...  

Offline miles

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: February 26, 2011, 03:04:05 am »
Wonderful
here.

AWESOME! Haha I love doing stuff like that. Nice one! Loved the story.

I used to enjoy going to BJJ/MMA/etc clubs once every now and again(when I was a Judo player) and throwing everyone around the place, similar thing.
___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

From the original link:

"You're wrong about the hard-on about Denise Minger since I was a raw vegan when I first read her, and raw vegans can't get hard-ons."
-Erim Bilgin.

K.O.
___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Just read the interview it was great.

You can easily contact him by commenting on the interview. He is reading and replying.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2011, 05:10:20 am by miles »
5-10% off your first purchase at http://www.iherb.com/ with dicount code: KIS978

Offline magnetic

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 26, 2011, 06:00:54 am »
I'd look around health food stores in the area.  If you can't find one, just start one.  I'm sure there are other people in your area who are interested in alternative diets too, just waiting for someone else to start a potluck.

Sounds like a good place to look.  Health food stores used to be more vegetarian-leaning but I think that is changing with the rising popularity of paleo diets and WAP diets/raw milk.  The nutrition dogma of the last generation is falling apart.

Ryan

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #17 on: February 26, 2011, 06:07:01 am »
My main health-food store is still raw vegan-/cooked-vegan-oriented with a few smoked meats/fish, but they now provide frozen raw goat's milk in large quantities as well.
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline magnetic

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 26, 2011, 06:10:10 am »
My main health-food store is still raw vegan-/cooked-vegan-oriented with a few smoked meats/fish, but they now provide frozen raw goat's milk in large quantities as well.

It really only takes a handful of dedicated customers to motivate businesses to stocking new products.  If my local store stocked high quality raw animal foods I would shop there every day, I would be happy to pay extra for the convenience and selection.  Unfortunately the selection is terrible, as is the diet of most of the shoppers.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk