Author Topic: Don't Drink Too Much Water!  (Read 11736 times)

Offline magnetic

• Chief
    • View Profile
Don't Drink Too Much Water!
« on: March 09, 2011, 08:29:10 pm »
I had these headaches recently for many days.  I also noticed soreness in my legs (but not from exercise, I wasn't exercising).  After some thought I cut back on my water consumption drastically, only drinking when thirsty.  I was afraid to do so because in the past, dehydration would trigger migraine headaches (when I was eating a SAD).  But cutting back on water got rid of the headaches and the soreness is much diminished, I also have a bit more energy at the end of the day!  I think I may have been suffering from Hyponatremia.

From: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sodium_deficiency#Causes

Diet. A low-sodium, high-water diet can disturb the proper balance between sodium and fluids in the blood. Excessive intake of diuretics, including beer, can have the same effect.

And: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sodium_deficiency#Symptoms

Symptoms of hyponatremia include nausea and vomiting, headache, confusion, lethargy, fatigue, appetite loss, restlessness and irritability, muscle weakness, spasms, or cramps, seizures, and decreased consciousness or coma.

So the lesson here is to not worry about water, just drink it when you are thirsty!

Offline jessica

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
Re: Don't Drink Too Much Water!
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2011, 11:47:04 pm »
make sure you understand the importance of potassium, magnesium and calcium...sodium is much more present in our food supply as potassium, cal and mag have been deplete in much of our soil (thus our food supply) over the years....these elements are needed for the proper functioning of the mitochondria(our own bacteria in each cell!) that produce energy for your cells, organics, systems and body...as well as other functions throughout the body...

http://www.arltma.com/FatigueDoc.htm

Offline achillezzz

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2011, 12:19:27 am »
make sure you understand the importance of potassium, magnesium and calcium...sodium is much more present in our food supply as potassium, cal and mag have been deplete in much of our soil (thus our food supply) over the years....these elements are needed for the proper functioning of the mitochondria(our own bacteria in each cell!) that produce energy for your cells, organics, systems and body...as well as other functions throughout the body...

WORD!!!
But the biggest worry is the magnesium...
What raw meats contain the most magnesium I really want to know that thanks.

Offline miles

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2011, 03:24:19 am »
WORD!!!
But the biggest worry is the magnesium...
What raw meats contain the most magnesium I really want to know that thanks.

Raw meats from magnesium-rich pastures I guess.
5-10% off your first purchase at http://www.iherb.com/ with dicount code: KIS978

Offline FoxWoman

• Trapper
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2011, 03:56:01 am »
I absolutely agree with magnetic. Eat only when hungry, drink only when thirsty.

Offline achillezzz

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2011, 04:41:40 am »
Raw meats from magnesium-rich pastures I guess.

Yeah haha But some meat just naturally has higher concentration of particular minerals and vitamins like chiken vs beef who got more zinc :D

Offline magnetic

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 10, 2011, 07:42:33 am »

That page isn't displaying properly on my browser.  I am using Firefox.

Offline lars24flem

• Forager
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 23, 2011, 05:49:02 pm »
This sounds something different...Never heard that drinking water so much can also harm..
Get the best stuff for swimming at swim store

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
  • Geek Healer Truth Seeker Pro-Natal Pro-Life
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
« Reply #8 on: March 23, 2011, 06:05:25 pm »
This sounds something different...Never heard that drinking water so much can also harm..

Too much plain water can drown you and cause all sorts of bad stuff.
Linux Geek, Web Developer, Email Provider, Businessman, Engineer, REAL Free Healer, Pro-Life, Pro-Family, Truther, Ripple-XRP Fan

I'm the network administrator.
My business: Website Dev & Hosting and Email Server Provider,
My blogs: Cure Manual, My Health Blog, Eczema Cure & Psoriasis Cure

Offline Iguana

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Eating tuna fish
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 23, 2011, 08:44:03 pm »
Too much plain water can drown you and cause all sorts of bad stuff.

Sure, water is an extremely dangerous fluid, akin to DHMO. Some people drank too much water and their body exploded like a bomb.  ;D Beware!
Cause and effect are distant in time and space in complex systems, while at the same time there’s a tendency to look for causes near the events sought to be explained. Time delays in feedback in systems result in the condition where the long-run response of a system to an action is often different from its short-run response. — Ronald J. Ziegler

Offline Löwenherz

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 23, 2011, 10:59:44 pm »
Sure, water is an extremely dangerous fluid, akin to DHMO. Some people drank too much water and their body exploded like a bomb.  ;D Beware!

Oh, we should ban all water selling due to possible TERRORISM!

Offline Iguana

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Eating tuna fish
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 28, 2011, 07:24:25 pm »
We don’t care about what “medical experts” say. Sometimes 3 liters of water are enough in a day, sometimes it’s ways too much and sometimes it’s not enough. Why the hell is such a simple fact so hard to grab? Why so many thoughtless posts on this forum?
Cause and effect are distant in time and space in complex systems, while at the same time there’s a tendency to look for causes near the events sought to be explained. Time delays in feedback in systems result in the condition where the long-run response of a system to an action is often different from its short-run response. — Ronald J. Ziegler

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #12 on: March 28, 2011, 09:43:10 pm »
We don’t care about what “medical experts” say. Sometimes 3 liters of water are enough in a day, sometimes it’s ways too much and sometimes it’s not enough. Why the hell is such a simple fact so hard to grab? Why so many thoughtless posts on this forum?
  The guy you were attacking is a worthless spammer, as could be seen by looking at the links shown below his posts. Post and spammer removed, now.
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline laterade

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 29, 2011, 09:02:49 am »
 I have not had any plain water in two weeks. Feel great.

Sure, water is an extremely dangerous fluid, akin to DHMO. Some people drank too much water and their body exploded like a bomb.  ;D Beware!
;D

Offline miles

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 29, 2011, 03:25:13 pm »
I have not had any plain water in two weeks. Feel great.
 ;D

What have you been consuming?
5-10% off your first purchase at http://www.iherb.com/ with dicount code: KIS978

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
  • Geek Healer Truth Seeker Pro-Natal Pro-Life
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
« Reply #15 on: March 29, 2011, 05:31:05 pm »
I had these headaches recently for many days.  I also noticed soreness in my legs (but not from exercise, I wasn't exercising).  After some thought I cut back on my water consumption drastically, only drinking when thirsty.  I was afraid to do so because in the past, dehydration would trigger migraine headaches (when I was eating a SAD).  But cutting back on water got rid of the headaches and the soreness is much diminished, I also have a bit more energy at the end of the day!  I think I may have been suffering from Hyponatremia.

From: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sodium_deficiency#Causes

Diet. A low-sodium, high-water diet can disturb the proper balance between sodium and fluids in the blood. Excessive intake of diuretics, including beer, can have the same effect.

And: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sodium_deficiency#Symptoms

Symptoms of hyponatremia include nausea and vomiting, headache, confusion, lethargy, fatigue, appetite loss, restlessness and irritability, muscle weakness, spasms, or cramps, seizures, and decreased consciousness or coma.

So the lesson here is to not worry about water, just drink it when you are thirsty!

This happened to a woman I was coaching to get well from various ailments.
I told her to substitute coconuts and watermelons as the structure of the water in those are superior.
Plain water mostly sucks.
If I have to drink plain water I put ice cubes in it.  And drink only a little.
It's not in the quantity of the water, it's in the structure and form.
Linux Geek, Web Developer, Email Provider, Businessman, Engineer, REAL Free Healer, Pro-Life, Pro-Family, Truther, Ripple-XRP Fan

I'm the network administrator.
My business: Website Dev & Hosting and Email Server Provider,
My blogs: Cure Manual, My Health Blog, Eczema Cure & Psoriasis Cure

Offline achillezzz

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 30, 2011, 04:08:48 am »
It's not in the quantity of the water, it's in the structure and form.

Quality over Quantity!

After a hard workout on sand hills I like to drink cold water with ice cubes and some lemon in it it really returns me back the energy.
I cant imagine warm water doing the same.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2011, 10:30:54 pm by TylerDurden »

Offline laterade

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 30, 2011, 05:18:03 am »
What have you been consuming?
As far as liquids go, I consume a bit of milk each day. About a quart.
I also soak ginger lemon turmeric and honey in spring water, drinking less than a pint each day.
Sour spicy and delicious :D

The cooked mashed potato/rutabaga soup I make also has plenty of water.
All animal products I eat raw, so they would be about 70-85% water.
Plenty for me and I live in the desert.
We will see if this continues into the summer.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk