Author Topic: Please help!  (Read 6356 times)

Offline T 800

• Forager
    • View Profile
Please help!
« on: March 15, 2011, 01:56:39 am »
Hi brand new to this site and in need of some help...

For years now I have broken out in rashes in various parts of my body (small of back, under my chest, trunk of my body) which seem to appear-itch like mad, heal up and repeat. The dermatologist seemed to think it was some form of eczema but could give me no more help other than a steroid cream which seems to slightly suppress the rash/hives/etc. but doesn't deal with the cause. It's really getting me down now as it seems to becoming more regular and more vicious and despite the fact that I appear to be pouring energy into a solution I don't seem to be getting anywhere.

Anyway...I body build and used to follow the Anabolic diet (basically low carb, high fat through the week) with a high carb Saturday in order to replenish glycogen. When I followed this diet the outbreaks seemed to subside or at least be way more under control than they are now. Amusingly uptil now I have been following a "balanced and healthful" diet (according to the medical profession) and the outbreaks have been worse than ever (dairy was included, however still no refined carbs and about 100g a day).

SO what I've been toying with Raw Paleo Zero Carb-the thought being that raw eating seems to speed up bodily healing and low carb in the past seemed to help somewhat in keeping my skin in better working order. In terms of a diet template I am currently going for:

Shake
5-6 raw eggs
coconut oil
olive oil

Shake
5-6 raw eggs
coconut oil
olive oil

500g+ of raw rump steak
olive oil
pepper
a pinch of salt

Just had this today and was fine with it, yesterday had the same with the inclusion of raw honey, which I decided to remove just in case.

I'm fairly new to all this but happy to learn and would like advice from anyone who has suffered similar problems or thinks there is a better eating or meal option.

Thanks in advance T 800. :)

Offline achillezzz

• Chief
    • View Profile
Re: Please help!
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2011, 02:36:55 am »
If the rump steak is from grassfed cow then your diet seems perfect to me.

The only thing I would change is the shakes I would add some raw honey and/or fruits , raw cream,butter.
and the meat I would eat huge ground mix with organs fat and lean cuts about 2kg.

If I understand correctly you feel a little bit sick so make sure you get grassfed beef because some RAFers claim that grainfed didn't do much for them.

Offline T 800

• Forager
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2011, 03:22:25 am »
Im pretty sure that the beef I eat will be grain feed- but will check this weekend when I see my butcher.

I would love to include honey in my shakes and did so two days ago but I thought it might be better to exclude it as it could have been contributing to my outbreaks? The same goes for the dairy- I would love to include butter etc. But thought it would be more sensible to exclude it at the moment while trying to get my skin under control.

Have I got this wrong?

Thanks T 800

Offline riy freeman

• Buffalo Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2011, 03:52:19 am »
As far as your symptoms go, I had the same reaction a while back and had to go to the ER and they couldn't do much about it.

As far as cause, for me, it seemed to be ghee i was consuming at the time. I strongly suspect that your olive oil is doing more harm than good.  It could be heat pressed/and or partially rancid and thus similar to ghee.

coconut oil gives me very bad migraines.

Offline achillezzz

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2011, 04:53:36 am »
Im pretty sure that the beef I eat will be grain feed- but will check this weekend when I see my butcher.

I would love to include honey in my shakes and did so two days ago but I thought it might be better to exclude it as it could have been contributing to my outbreaks? The same goes for the dairy- I would love to include butter etc. But thought it would be more sensible to exclude it at the moment while trying to get my skin under control.

Have I got this wrong?

Thanks T 800

Well I eat grainfed beef my self but only because I have no other choice here where I am
But in the UK you can find grassfed beef so you might devote few short weeks to find that top quality beef
to be 100 percent happy you are getting all the benefits.

as for the shakes I would include raw carbs and fats because I am pretty active and need those calories if you active too its fine try it
if you feel good continue if not try elimnation diet until you find what suits you.

Follow your instincts they already brought you here.

Offline kurite

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2011, 05:27:37 am »
Cut out oils. They will slow healing and may cause some symptoms. Also no reason to go low car for sure. Try some fruit in the morning and then eat a large raw meat meal at night.
"A government big enough to give you everything you want is a government big enough to take from you everything you have."

Offline T 800

• Forager
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 15, 2011, 01:49:12 pm »
Thanks for all your replies- but now I'm confused ???

I was using the oils to up my calories, as even on 3000 kcals Im dropping weight and I'm already fairly lean (about 9%) and I actually want to gain some weight now. If I cut out the oils how should I replace the fats? Up the egg yolks, up the fatty meat content? I can get udos oil ( I know it's an oil :) but possibly better quality?)-at the moment I don't have access to any of the fats I've read about innother posts- suet etc

Can anyone write a diet that would be easy to access but at the same time bare in mind possible intolerances?

Thanks for all your help, really appreciated!

Ps- I've noticed on the whole that my skin is slowly clearing up (but this always happens) but in some areas seems to be getting worse. I've only been on the diet two days but could this be a sign that it's not working or that I am 'detoxing'?

T 800

Offline T 800

• Forager
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 15, 2011, 02:20:43 pm »
Sorry, I know I'm turning this into a one man thread but just been reading about the importance of honey and really undecided as to whether to include some or not. I have got some raw honey which I love and makes everything so much nicer but how important is it to cut it out on an elimination diet?

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
  • Geek Healer Truth Seeker Pro-Natal Pro-Life
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
« Reply #8 on: March 15, 2011, 11:43:02 pm »
What's in the "shake"?
Linux Geek, Web Developer, Email Provider, Businessman, Engineer, REAL Free Healer, Pro-Life, Pro-Family, Truther, Ripple-XRP Fan

I'm the network administrator.
My business: Website Dev & Hosting and Email Server Provider,
My blogs: Cure Manual, My Health Blog, Eczema Cure & Psoriasis Cure

Offline jessica

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 16, 2011, 12:23:20 am »
please consider not being so extreme in your approach...perhaps doing something like raw lean meat with greens and low-carb veggies in the am...fattier meat and greens and low-carb veggies for lunch and more meat and starchier veggies(warm the veggies) for dinner(they help you fall asleep and dont raise your blood glucose in the morning...dairy and eggs can be highly inflamatory to skin condition...if you are using any oil they should be fish!

Offline T 800

• Forager
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 16, 2011, 01:22:42 am »
The shake is 5-6 raw eggs with olive oil and coconut oil- tastes disgusting, much nicer with raw honey.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk