Author Topic: What do raw paleo children prefer?  (Read 27345 times)

Offline kurite

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
What do raw paleo children prefer?
« on: March 16, 2011, 06:20:04 am »
If you stuck a nice fatty piece of meat in front of a child raised raw paleo and some tasty fruit what would your child rather eat?
"A government big enough to give you everything you want is a government big enough to take from you everything you have."

Offline PaleoPhil

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Mad scientist (not into blind Paleo re-enactment)
    • View Profile
Re: What do raw paleo children prefer?
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2011, 08:35:13 am »
I have a nephew who was raised on Paleo from a rather early age, and he would prefer fatty meat, especially pemmican. He likes animal fat much more than most kids. He gets excited over pemmican like it were candy--even more so than Del Fuego's kids, because he only gets pemmican when I bring it. His older brother was started on Paleo later and he would probably prefer a fruit, if it's a fruit he likes. He thinks pemmican and fatty meat are pretty good and he nearly always cleans his plate (they both do), but gets much more excited over fruit popsicles, which they both go crazy for. Their grandfather unfortunately spoils them on popsicles in the summer when they visit him (I think mainly because it gives him an excuse to buy them for himself--he's always been an ice cream and sherbet addict). They like fruit popsicles and dried fruit better than fresh fruit, because fruit popsicles and dried fruit are sweeter.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2011, 08:41:31 am by PaleoPhil »
>"When some one eats an Epi paleo Rx template and follows the rules of circadian biology they get plenty of starches when they are available three out of the four seasons." -Jack Kruse, MD
>"I recommend 20 percent of calories from carbs, depending on the size of the person" -Ron Rosedale, MD (in other words, NOT zero carbs) http://preview.tinyurl.com/6ogtan
>Finding a diet you can tolerate is not the same as fixing what's wrong. -Tim Steele
Beware of problems from chronic Very Low Carb

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
  • Geek Healer Truth Seeker Pro-Natal Pro-Life
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2011, 08:40:02 am »
depends on how hungry the child is.

depends on the fruit.

depends on the meat.
Linux Geek, Web Developer, Email Provider, Businessman, Engineer, REAL Free Healer, Pro-Life, Pro-Family, Truther, Ripple-XRP Fan

I'm the network administrator.
My business: Website Dev & Hosting and Email Server Provider,
My blogs: Cure Manual, My Health Blog, Eczema Cure & Psoriasis Cure

Offline kurite

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2011, 10:00:57 am »
@Phil Thanks for sharing your experiences. Makes me wonder how much taste depends on introduction of foods in early childhood.

@GS What if the child were offered his favorite fruit and favorite meat/cut of meat?
"A government big enough to give you everything you want is a government big enough to take from you everything you have."

Offline Löwenherz

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2011, 03:15:28 pm »
If you stuck a nice fatty piece of meat in front of a child raised raw paleo and some tasty fruit what would your child rather eat?

The children I have seen at château Montramé in France all gorged on super-sweet tropical fruits AND raw animal foods. The point is that most of them showed dental decay and their mothers were more or less puzzled.

Today I think that instincto is just an attempt to verify your own sugar addiction with pseudo scientific methods. As far as I can see high amounts of sweet fruit always lead to health problems no matter how much we crave sugar or not.

Löwenherz

Offline Susan

• Buffalo Hunter
    • View Profile
    • rohkostwiki.de
« Reply #5 on: March 16, 2011, 05:50:40 pm »
The children I have seen at château Montramé in France all gorged on super-sweet tropical fruits AND raw animal foods. The point is that most of them showed dental decay and their mothers were more or less puzzled.

I never visited Montramé but I met some members of the group at a meeting in France. I was a littkle bit shoked about the bad physical condition of some people, not talking about the mental. I saw Instincto children gorging tropical fruits like Durian Mornthong, wondering why their parents offer them such bad stuff. Didn't they notice the bad influence of cultivated products to physical and mental conditions?

I wonder if it's possible to raise healthy raw children when the parents still suffer from different health-problems and don't have regained their own true instincts.

Offline wodgina

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
  • Opportunistic Carnivore
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 16, 2011, 05:59:02 pm »
Suprises me that instinto's look so unhealthy, Alphaguris mentioned the same thing.

I wonder what we would all look like if we were in a room together.
“Integrity has no need of rules.”

Albert Camus

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
« Reply #7 on: March 16, 2011, 05:59:55 pm »
@GS What if the child were offered his favorite fruit and favorite meat/cut of meat?

They would probably eat BOTH.
My son would eat the oysters and then eat the mango.
Linux Geek, Web Developer, Email Provider, Businessman, Engineer, REAL Free Healer, Pro-Life, Pro-Family, Truther, Ripple-XRP Fan

Offline PaleoPhil

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 16, 2011, 08:33:38 pm »
I never visited Montramé but I met some members of the group at a meeting in France. I was a littkle bit shoked about the bad physical condition of some people, not talking about the mental. I saw Instincto children gorging tropical fruits like Durian Mornthong, wondering why their parents offer them such bad stuff. ...
Interesting, why is durian mornthong bad, the raw vegans and Instinctos seem to think that it's super healthy?
>"When some one eats an Epi paleo Rx template and follows the rules of circadian biology they get plenty of starches when they are available three out of the four seasons." -Jack Kruse, MD
>"I recommend 20 percent of calories from carbs, depending on the size of the person" -Ron Rosedale, MD (in other words, NOT zero carbs) http://preview.tinyurl.com/6ogtan
>Finding a diet you can tolerate is not the same as fixing what's wrong. -Tim Steele

Offline kurite

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 17, 2011, 04:32:55 am »
What? Instinctos don't look healthy? Whats up with that? Are they under eating or something?

Offline Löwenherz

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 17, 2011, 05:02:30 am »
They would probably eat BOTH.
My son would eat the oysters and then eat the mango.

Do your children eat a lot of sweet fruit?
Do they show any tooth decay?

Löwenherz

Offline Löwenherz

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 17, 2011, 05:04:02 am »
Interesting, why is durian mornthong bad, the raw vegans and Instinctos seem to think that it's super healthy?

Because it's an overbred sugarbomb?

Löwenherz

Offline Susan

• Buffalo Hunter
    • View Profile
    • rohkostwiki.de
« Reply #12 on: March 17, 2011, 06:08:14 am »
What? Instinctos don't look healthy? Whats up with that? Are they under eating or something?

There are many reasons, why somebody eating raw doesn't look healthy, especially when he is older. (Young people often look healthy even ift they were cooking):
1. tooth-fillings (a point which many raw-eating people doesn't want to hear)
2. bad combinations (especially protein/sugar combinations)
3. poor variety or quality of food-stuff
4. the preference of cultivated tropical fruits (like Löwenherz menioned: Durian Morn Thong is an overbred sugarbomb)
5. negligence of wild herbs (maybe we need only small amounts of them, but we need them)

And sometimes the only reason is that it takes a long time to recover from decades of cooking. And not only from decades of the individual lifetime but from centuries-long of our ancestors.

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
« Reply #13 on: March 17, 2011, 07:42:24 am »
Do your children eat a lot of sweet fruit?
Do they show any tooth decay?

Löwenherz

My children are not on raw paleo.
They are on somewhat cooked paleo plus rice.
They have tooth decay of course.
This week my wife and I pushed for paleo diet, striking off rice.

They do raw paleo at times... when they are sick and desperate I get them to do it my way.

Offline PaleoPhil

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 17, 2011, 08:13:36 am »
Ah, I see that Iguana said that one should eat wild varieties of durian: "Cempedaks, jackfruits and wild varieties of durian are very ancient fruits, very nutritious and fulfilling." http://www.rawpaleoforum.com/instinctoanopsology/explain-instincto-diet-fully-2/msg38478/#msg38478

Offline Löwenherz

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: March 18, 2011, 12:08:59 am »
There are many reasons, why somebody eating raw doesn't look healthy, especially when he is older.

5. negligence of wild herbs (maybe we need only small amounts of them, but we need them)

Hi Susan,

I really don't think that tooth fillings are good for our health, particularly if they are made of amalgam. But in german raw food circles tooth fillings are often used as an explanation for EVERY problem, especially by protein deficient raw vegans. Which types of fillings do you mean? Amalgam, gold, ceramics, cement, plastics? Could you show us some studies about non-amalgam fillings and concrete health problems? I think that ceramics are harmless, for example.

Why do you think that we need wild herbs? Which herbs do you eat and recommend? If I add herbs to my meat based diet I can't see any difference beside constipation tendencies and photo toxic effects in some cases.

Konz never convinced me in any way. BTW: Is he still living?

Löwenherz
« Last Edit: March 18, 2011, 12:16:32 am by Löwenherz »

Offline Löwenherz

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 18, 2011, 12:11:31 am »
My children are not on raw paleo.

Oh, why not?
Social reasons?

Löwenherz

Offline Iguana

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Eating tuna fish
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 18, 2011, 12:59:43 am »
There are many reasons, why somebody eating raw doesn't look healthy, especially when he is older. (Young people often look healthy even ift they were cooking):

I hear it but it’s only one of several possible nuisances other than food able to causes of health troubles. I tend to agree with Löwenherz on that point.
2. bad combinations (especially protein/sugar combinations)
3. poor variety or quality of food-stuff
4. the preference of cultivated tropical fruits (like Löwenherz menioned: Durian Morn Thong is an overbred sugarbomb)

And sometimes the only reason is that it takes a long time to recover from decades of cooking. And not only from decades of the individual lifetime but from centuries-long of our ancestors.

Were you at the Montbarrey gathering 2008 organized by Instincto.net ? I was there also and I wonder whether we ate at the same table together with my friends Alphagruis and Carnivore (Fred, “the butcher”) and talked.

The fact that this gathering was organized by Instinto.net dosen’t mean that the people present were all instincto dieters. Some pretend to eat instinco but almost never eat meat. Several eat  a mixed cooked - raw diet, some eat cooked food at home, some are raw vegans. Some had experimented to eat only once every other day and even once every 3 days for several months…! Some were extremely ill before to start to eat raw and could have been dead if they had not switched to raw nutrition.

To judge we should know the whole history of the person. Furthermore looking healthy is not a good criterion. Many SWD dieters I know looked very healthy until they suddenly died of cancer or fell gravely ill.  

The kids and young adults I know who have eaten instinco ever since birth are all very well  build and healthy; I never heard of teeth problems with them.  

Cheers
François
Cause and effect are distant in time and space in complex systems, while at the same time there’s a tendency to look for causes near the events sought to be explained. Time delays in feedback in systems result in the condition where the long-run response of a system to an action is often different from its short-run response. — Ronald J. Ziegler

Offline Susan

• Buffalo Hunter
    • View Profile
    • rohkostwiki.de
« Reply #18 on: March 18, 2011, 04:19:23 am »
I hear it but it’s only one of several possible nuisances other than food able to causes of health troubles. I tend to agree with Löwenherz on that point.

It's true that toothfillings are only one point other than food causing health troubles. But it is a very important one and unfortunately I know some young people who stopped living instinctiv raw blaming the raw nutrition when health problems didn't vanish or new one occured.

Were you at the Montbarrey gathering 2008 organized by Instincto.net ? I was there also and I wonder whether we ate at the same table together with my friends Alphagruis and Carnivore (Fred, “the butcher”) and talked.

Yes, of course, I was there. What a nice surprise. :) The most beautiful remembrance of this meeting was a meal together with some french guys eating the frist time of my life brain. After that meal I felt into heaven. :) All the worse was the return to earth. It was my first instincto-meeting and I was there with my longtime partner and husband to convince him that instinctive nutrition is the nutrition of the human future. After that meeting he started cooking again and we seperated.  -d

Finaly that meeting convinced me that I have to remove all my crowns and toothfillings as soon as possible and I did it.

The fact that this gathering was organized by Instinto.net dosen’t mean that the people present were all instincto dieters. Some pretend to eat instinco but almost never eat meat. Several eat  a mixed cooked - raw diet, some eat cooked food at home, some are raw vegans. Some had experimented to eat only once every other day and even once every 3 days for several months…! Some were extremely ill before to start to eat raw and could have been dead if they had not switched to raw nutrition.

It's always the same story: raw meetings attract a lot of people who only pretend to be raw but when you really live instinctive raw you will identify them. Have you made the same experience?

To judge we should know the whole history of the person. Furthermore looking healthy is not a good criterion. Many SWD dieters I know looked very healthy until they suddenly died of cancer or fell gravely ill.

Nobody want to judge and when I say somebody don't look healthy to me I don't see only the "normal" criterions of the modern world.

Offline PaleoPhil

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 18, 2011, 04:33:26 am »
... It was my first instincto-meeting and I was there with my longtime partner and husband to convince him that instinctive nutrition is the nutrition of the human future. After that meeting he started cooking again and we seperated.
Did you separate only because of the differences regarding cooking?

Finaly that meeting convinced me that I have to remove all my crowns and toothfillings as soon as possible and I did it. ...
Did you notice any differences afterwards?

Offline Iguana

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Eating tuna fish
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 18, 2011, 05:23:23 am »
Yes, of course, I was there. What a nice surprise. :) The most beautiful remembrance of this meeting was a meal together with some french guys eating the first time of my life brain.

Yes! Those French guys were Gérard - prof of physics (“Alphagruis” here), Fred - computer engineer (“Carnivore” here) and myself. I should have asked you long ago and I don’t know why I didn’t… You were the most beautiful one there , I was always looking at you in awe, something Gerard didn’t fail to notice  8) and he was really amused about it!  

It was my first instincto-meeting and I was there with my longtime partner and husband to convince him that instinctive nutrition is the nutrition of the human future. After that meeting he started cooking again and we separated.  -d

Sorry to hear that.

Finaly that meeting convinced me that I have to remove all my crowns and toothfillings as soon as possible and I did it.

Oh, I would never have done that. :o Some German people influenced you?

:-*
Francois
Cause and effect are distant in time and space in complex systems, while at the same time there’s a tendency to look for causes near the events sought to be explained. Time delays in feedback in systems result in the condition where the long-run response of a system to an action is often different from its short-run response. — Ronald J. Ziegler

Offline Susan

• Buffalo Hunter
    • View Profile
    • rohkostwiki.de
« Reply #21 on: March 18, 2011, 05:58:14 am »
Did you separate only because of the differences regarding cooking?

No, but the different way of eating accelerated the separation process. Eating raw changes many things. Sometimes it seems to me like a process of mental awakening.

Did you notice any differences afterwards?

Yes, I was physical very weak for a long time. I lost weight. I slept a lot. I wasn't able to do sports. But my feeling was good. One year after removing crowns and fillings tooth decay continued and I recognized that still two synthetic fillings in my incisors remained. I removed them too. The tooth decay stopped. Now I recognize that my physical and mental force increases step by step. Time will show what happens else.

Offline GCB

• Buffalo Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 18, 2011, 06:51:02 am »
I really don’t understand from where all this nonsense on instincto children comes from. If you want an example of a child born instincto from a mother and a father who already had 10 years of instincto behind, who has never eaten cooked and still practice instinctive nutrition, here are some pictures of my youngest son taken when he was 25.

I emphasize that he has never done any particular sport or workout and that his muscles spontaneously formed, as we can see in those pictures. Another clarification: no cavities. His food: 100 % paleo organic products grown without chemicals and without heat processing, either direct or indirect (nothing hot dried, no heated compost, etc.)

In one of the pictures he’s with my first son who has eaten 100% instincto ever since after being 3 years old.

I hope this will stop the stupid rumors circulating on this forum and encourage those who had supposedly seen too lean instinctos children to question what  kind of instincto they practiced.

PS: The small bumps on his right arm are drops of water, not a sign of denutrition  ;)
« Last Edit: March 18, 2011, 08:10:45 am by GCB »

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
« Reply #23 on: March 18, 2011, 07:06:16 am »
Awesome and inspiring GCB!
Makes me want to find myself an instincto woman and have instincto children too.
I've got to make the switch to instincto myself...

Offline Susan

• Buffalo Hunter
    • View Profile
    • rohkostwiki.de
« Reply #24 on: March 18, 2011, 07:07:34 am »

Yes! Those French guys were Gérard - prof of physics (“Alphagruis” here), Fred - computer engineer (“Carnivore” here) and myself. I should have asked you long ago and I don’t know why I didn’t… You were the most beautiful one there , I was always looking at you in awe, something Gerard didn’t fail to notice  8) and he was really amused about it!

Thanks for all the energy you sent to me. I noticed it very well.

Sorry to hear that.

I don't feel sorry. I enjoy my freedom.

Oh, I would never have done that. :o Some German people influenced you?

Of course not. I have done this twenty years before when I started my raw experiment. But I started raw vegan and so tooth decay continued. I filled my teeth again to stop the decay but without succes. And I always recognized the bad influence of the foreign materials for my spirit.

« Last Edit: March 18, 2011, 08:04:37 am by Susan »

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk