Author Topic: Instinctive raw eating in practice  (Read 47063 times)

Offline Susan

• Buffalo Hunter
    • View Profile
    • rohkostwiki.de
Instinctive raw eating in practice
« on: March 23, 2011, 05:03:14 pm »
We talked a lot about the theory of instinctive raw eating. But what about the praxis?
I think some ideas for the practice can be helpful for people who are interested in the subject. So I want to invite all instictive raw eaters to give an insight in their daily menus. :)

My menus of the last days have looked this way:
Sunday (20.03.2011) I started drinking water with red loam. Before midday I went outside into my garden to "pasture" some wild herbs like dandelion, wild garlic, lamb's lettuce or daisies. I didn't select this herbs by smell (till now there are only a few herbs which I can select by smell though my smell becomes better every year of instinctive raw eating) but by sight: I taste every herb which attract my attention and if it tastes good I continue eating till the instinctive stop. The quanty was about 50g. Two hours later the smell of a Mango Nam dok mai raised into my nose. For dinner I had 100g of a honey comb.

Monday (21.03.2011) I started with tamarind in the morning and before midday I went out to pick up some herbs. Later on I ate 100g of young spinach leaves. In the afternoon I drunk water with red loam (it tastes so good at the moment :) ) and later on I finished the day with lamb liver and fatty meat.

On tuesday (22.03.2011) I drunk about one liter of water inclusive a little bit of seawater. For lunch I had four chicken eggs and in the evening abou 200g fatty lamb meat.

Offline Susan

• Buffalo Hunter
    • View Profile
    • rohkostwiki.de
Re: Instinctive raw eating in practice
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2011, 05:10:38 am »
I see, there is nobody else living intinctive raw.  :D

So I will add two days more:

Friday (25.03.2011) I drunk about 300ml water early in the morning, on midday I ate a Mamey Apple, in the afternoon I drunk about one liter water with red loam and for dinner I ate 100 g lamb liver and about 300g fatty meat.

Saturday (26.03.2011) I ate about 100g wild herbs and a Kiwano for lunch and for dinner three young coconuts.

Offline Techydude

• Shaman
  • The barefoot raw paleo nudist intactivist naturale
    • View Profile
    • Genital integrity through regenerative medicine
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2011, 07:45:42 am »
Wow someone's instincts are in tuned  :D. I wish I had a great garden like ya to pick fresh from! The thing I love about instincto is variety, you never really get bored, just move on.

Offline Iguana

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Eating tuna fish
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2011, 03:47:56 pm »
I see, there is nobody else living intinctive raw.  :D

No, there’s me, at least !

Yesterday morning I went to the farmer’s market, bought 1 kg of scallops, 4 kg of overripe kiwis (extremely cheap!) and on my way back stopped at a supermarket and bought some organic bananas from the Dominican Republic and organic tomatoes. When I came back home, it was about 11.30 AM and I ate all the scallops. I usually have my first meal between 11 AM and 1 PM; sometimes I eat a bit of cassia fistula earlier in the morning. So about one hour after eating the scallops, I ate some kiwis.

Normally I feel hungry again at the end of the afternoon. This time I went to my hen’s house, collected 4 eggs and ate them. A bit latter I had tomatoes and a round cabbage, then kiwis again, then bananas, then a few dates.

Today I only drank spring water yet (it’s 9.45 here).

BTW, what is red loam ?
« Last Edit: March 27, 2011, 03:54:11 pm by Iguana »
Cause and effect are distant in time and space in complex systems, while at the same time there’s a tendency to look for causes near the events sought to be explained. Time delays in feedback in systems result in the condition where the long-run response of a system to an action is often different from its short-run response. — Ronald J. Ziegler

Offline Susan

• Buffalo Hunter
    • View Profile
    • rohkostwiki.de
« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2011, 04:19:51 pm »
No, there’s me, at least !

So let's do a "pas de deux"!  :D

BTW, what is red loam ?

I thought I translated the German term "Rote Tonerde" well. :) Orkos is selling loam with different compounds, red, green, brown or white coloured. Which one I prefer changes from time to time and sometimes I don't use any at all.

Offline Susan

• Buffalo Hunter
    • View Profile
    • rohkostwiki.de
« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2011, 08:47:28 pm »
Another three days:

Sunday (27.03.2011): Mamey Apple in the morning, later on spinach and a lot of wild herbs (about 100g), some small bananas (peel inclusive) and some dates. Late in the evening three young coconuts.

Monday (28.03.2011): Some dates in the morning, wild herbs und leaves. At the moment I like wild garlic very much and the young leaves of hawthorn:

Wild garlic

Hawthorn

For dinner I had about 250g of pistachios.

Tuesday (29.03.2011): A lot of water in the morning, for lunch three young coconuts. For dinner more herbs and young leaves and about 250g of a honey-comb.

Offline Hanna

• Shaman
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 10, 2011, 06:02:21 pm »

My menus of the last days have looked this way:
Sunday (20.03.2011) I started drinking water with red loam. Before midday I went outside into my garden to "pasture" some wild herbs like dandelion, wild garlic, lamb's lettuce or daisies. I didn't select this herbs by smell (till now there are only a few herbs which I can select by smell though my smell becomes better every year of instinctive raw eating) but by sight: I taste every herb which attract my attention and if it tastes good I continue eating till the instinctive stop. The quanty was about 50g. Two hours later the smell of a Mango Nam dok mai raised into my nose. For dinner I had 100g of a honey comb.

Monday (21.03.2011) I started with tamarind in the morning and before midday I went out to pick up some herbs. Later on I ate 100g of young spinach leaves. In the afternoon I drunk water with red loam (it tastes so good at the moment :) ) and later on I finished the day with lamb liver and fatty meat.

On tuesday (22.03.2011) I drunk about one liter of water inclusive a little bit of seawater. For lunch I had four chicken eggs and in the evening abou 200g fatty lamb meat.

Hi Susan,

Do you eat enough calories ??? How many calories do you eat a day on average? I´d guess I eat not less than 1500 kcal (height 171 cm, weight currently 56 kg).

Typical foods for me these days are brain (brains of goat kids and I also got brain of lamb yesterday), nuts (mainly walnuts), bone marrow (lamb and calf), avocado, salmon, self-made coconut cream, banana, sometimes melon, sometimes papaya, sometimes dates, sometimes sapodillas, sometimes shellfish... If I eat a food rich in protein or fat, I eat nothing else during the meal except perhaps greens and/or vegetable. For example, I often combine avocado with vegetable (fennel, celery, cucumber, chicory, broccoli, peas...) and I combine greens such as wild garlic with all kinds of food.

Offline jessica

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 10, 2011, 09:22:04 pm »
susan does that hawthorn have a different name? to me it looks like celery, flat parsley or lovage....

Offline Susan

• Buffalo Hunter
    • View Profile
    • rohkostwiki.de
« Reply #8 on: April 11, 2011, 11:38:36 am »
Do you eat enough calories ??? How many calories do you eat a day on average? I´d guess I eat not less than 1500 kcal (height 171 cm, weight currently 56 kg).

I'm living instinctive raw and I don't care about calories, fats, proteins or carbohydrates. My body height is 1,79m, my weight 61,5kg, my body fat percentage is about 20 and my blood analysis is within normal limits. I do a lot of sports and  I'm able to exert a rather satisfying job.
So everything seems to be o.k. :)

At the beginning of instinctive raw eating I lost weight (I reached 48kg) allthough I was eating more than today. The weight increased during the next three years to 56/57kg but never more. The last year I removed my synthetic teeth fillings in the incisors (which remained a long time unseen by me) and my weight increased continuously. Coincidence?  ??? 

susan does that hawthorn have a different name? to me it looks like celery, flat parsley or lovage....

Hawthorn is also known as thornapple: Hawthorn/Thornapple

« Last Edit: April 11, 2011, 02:10:06 pm by TylerDurden »

Offline Susan

• Buffalo Hunter
    • View Profile
    • rohkostwiki.de
« Reply #9 on: April 13, 2011, 02:40:45 pm »
Three more days:
Sunday (10.04.2012) I rose up at 7:00 a.m. and like nearly every morning I started the day with drinking some water with loam. At nine o'clock I went running (about 10km). After that I ate different wild herbs: lungwort Pulmonaria officinalis, stinging nettles and others. For lunch I ate about 100g sapodillas and about 300g sapote amarillo:

Late in the afternoon I had again different wild herbs and for dinner I ate 500g safus:

Monday (11.04.2012) I started again with water and different wild herbs, for example goutweed Aegopodium podagraria:

Later on I ate 500g of a Papaya, in the early afternoon six chicken eggs and for dinner I had 100g of lamb liver and 150g of lamb meat.

Tuesday (12.04.2012) I drunk a lot in the morning (about 1 liter). For lunch I had some slices of kassia and later on 400g of a honey comb. In the afternoon I went to a fitness centre doing some weight training. For dinner I was craving for meat again: I ate 150g og lamb liver and 200g of lamb meat.

Offline Susan

• Buffalo Hunter
    • View Profile
    • rohkostwiki.de
« Reply #10 on: April 18, 2011, 03:00:43 am »
Today (Sunday, 17.04.2011) was a day full of physical activities: early in the morning I went running (12km) with a friend of mine. After drinking a lot of water I ate about 1kg wonderful creamy and fatty Safus.

Later on I went together with my daughter and her girl-friend to a climbing park and we spent 2 1/2 hours climbing and balancing amidst big trees. We were still full of energy so we decided to walk round a little lake and to use a pedalo boat. We had a lot of fun together.

Back at home I was smelling my food and cocoa beans attracted me most. So I ate about 100g of fresh beans.

I'm really happy, satisfied and pleasantly tired and after taking a warm bath the only thing that I need will be a warm bed. :)

Offline Hanna

• Shaman
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 14, 2011, 05:23:07 am »
Today I ate...
- walnuts (perhaps 100g) in the morning
- sapodillas (don´t remember how many) and 2 bananas
- water of 1 coconut, fennel (evening)
- a little bit dulse seaweed (I love it!)
- liver of goat kid (between 100g and 150g)

The goat liver tasted like heaven for me! I will try to get more of it tomorrow.

Other foods that currently taste like heaven for me are asian greens (such as mizuna, tatsoi, pak choi), salmon, coconut cream...

Offline Iguana

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Eating tuna fish
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 14, 2011, 06:12:12 am »
For my lunch today :
- jackfruit
- jackfruit
- jackfruit  :)
- a few wild strawberries straight from my yard
Dinner :
- 3 of my own ducks eggs (white first, then yolk : I like both)
- a lot of green peas
- strawberries from a neighbor's garden
- a big mango
Cause and effect are distant in time and space in complex systems, while at the same time there’s a tendency to look for causes near the events sought to be explained. Time delays in feedback in systems result in the condition where the long-run response of a system to an action is often different from its short-run response. — Ronald J. Ziegler

CitrusHigh

« Reply #13 on: May 14, 2011, 06:15:26 am »
Oh man, my kinda guy Iguana! I just bought some jack fruit yesterday for the first time in ages! But it is the variety with orange flesh which I had never had before yesterday, it is delicious. Do you get the yellow or orange variety? I'm not sure I could tell a difference but I want to say the orange had a tangy-er taste. The yellow I've had is more flowery and subtle, but I think I like them both equally for their respective qualities.

I'm eating some raw pastured eggs with yolks that are so orange they are almost red.

I'm also eating beef heart, and it is fantastic!

Offline Hanna

• Shaman
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 18, 2011, 02:45:12 pm »
Yesterday:

- 200g walnuts
- 2 bananas
- white radish, fennel, dried seaweed (sea spaghetti)
- coconut cream (meat of less than 1 young coconut)
- about 250 g salmon

Not much sugar, but I ate a number of dates two days ago.

Offline Hanna

• Shaman
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: May 24, 2011, 02:31:36 pm »
Yesterday:

- marrow of lamb bones (morning)
- fennel, broccoli stems, white radish, leaves of white radish
- 200 g almonds (pureed)
- 2 avocados

I would prefer to eat much more lamb bone marrow, so I will try to get more lamb bones.

Offline Susan

• Buffalo Hunter
    • View Profile
    • rohkostwiki.de
« Reply #16 on: June 20, 2011, 05:21:52 pm »
Meanwhile it's summertime in germany. I have a lot of different berries in my garden and I enjoy them nearly every day together with wild herbs, growing und flourishing in summertime.
My yesterday (19.06.2012) menu:
-for breakfast a lot of wood strawberries:

and about 150g of raspberries:

-for lunch duckweed:

and a wild avocado from spain
-for dinner lamb, chest (with a lot of fat) and leg. I ate also the ends of the gristly rips. Here a pic of a piece of chest:

Offline HIT_it_RAW

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 20, 2011, 06:57:46 pm »
You must have such a great garden. Awesome looking straw- and raspberries! Very jealous indeed! I get 2-3 strawberries a day from my roof-terras. I grew up in a large garden and now only have a small roof terras so you can imagine how i feel. Still I filled it with herbs and berries. My little patch of green in a jungle of stone and steel. Cant wait to get out of the city!

Nice looking piece of lamb!
“A man should be able to build a house, butcher a hog, tan the hide,
preserve the meat, deliver a baby, nurture the sick and reassure the dying, fight a war … specialization is for insects.”

Offline Susan

• Buffalo Hunter
    • View Profile
    • rohkostwiki.de
« Reply #18 on: September 02, 2011, 04:27:46 am »
I regret that in this forum the interest in discussions and publications about instinctive raw eating is very small. So I decided to support another project: the publishing of raw menus in a diary about instinctive nutrition:
Tagebuch instinktive Rohkost
This diary is written in my maternal language, German. Of course, publishing in German feels really natural for me. :)

So I want to say goodbye to all girls and boys of the rawpaleoforum. Thanks for all of you who read and answered my posts. I wish you all the best. :)
« Last Edit: September 02, 2011, 05:26:50 am by Susan »

Offline Iguana

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Eating tuna fish
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 02, 2011, 05:35:39 am »
I regret that in this forum the interest in discussions and publications about instinctive raw eating is very small.

I also deeply regret it. But if you leave, it will be even smaller...

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #20 on: September 02, 2011, 02:23:16 pm »
I will include a link to the above menu page.
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline Inger

• Chief
  • 38 yo Norwegian RVAF s.-06, 90% carniv.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 02, 2011, 02:30:38 pm »
Sorry you leave Susan.

What I find sad about "die Instinctive Tagebuch" is there are so little infos. Only what you eat day out and day in. No infos how the persons health is doing, no pictures of the same.. no blood works.. nothing. So what does that give me? Almost nothing. It also suggest a WOE that is possible only with living in a place where Orkos deliver. I live in Finland, they deliver stuff here too but it is very limited what I can buy because of the longer transport. So it does not help me at all. I can live from the wilderness here but it is.. in the winter.. almost only meat. And the winter is long.
I feel sadness about how certain instictos are so stubborn they do not want to see their health problems.. nope it is only the poisons which are coming out.. endless. Endless numbers of poisons. They are obsessed with what they eat and the cleaning of the poisons they think have in their body.

This is not to criticise the Instincto-therapy per se, I find it fabulous. I really do. It is just.. the truth.. it is about all the fruits that are cultivated.. about food availability.. winter.. a lot of things that are forgotten to face. It is hard to get it right with Instincto as it is preached in the net etc. You easily hurt your health. You have to really know what you are doing. I have visited the autor of the German Journal you are talking about. It was not as I thought it should be, sadly. It is all I can say.
Life is so.. broad. There are so many things.. Life, is not a narrow path.

I really hope Iguana does not leave though, as he has so much great knowledge to share. I have never felt he is stubborn.. must be doing something right... ;) :-*

Inger
« Last Edit: September 08, 2011, 03:18:07 pm by TylerDurden »

Offline micelte

• Egg Thief
  • Natural Eater
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 02, 2011, 02:47:09 pm »
Iguana should write books to share his impressive knowledge. I really do hope he will or is considering it :)

Offline Iguana

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Eating tuna fish
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 02, 2011, 03:00:02 pm »
Thank you guys, but the most important thing I know is that my knowledge is nil in view of the immense complexity of the Universe and living phenomenon.

I started to write a book about 10 years ago, but never finished it. It’s in French, a kind of science fiction novel in which a few humans from Earth have migrated to a very similar but virgin planet in another solar system. They eat raw what they find in nature and what they like.

Susan, we’ll be missing you, I hope you reconsider your decision.  

Offline micelte

• Egg Thief
  • Natural Eater
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 02, 2011, 03:10:54 pm »
Maybe you are right, Iguana. Maybe writing a book is doomed to failure as each person must find his/her own path in the universe indeed, and that the only rule really is "to follow one's instinct" which I like to write as "to live as naturally as possible" (as unfortunately human life on earth at the moment is only a set of compromises).

I guess it's always cool to be inspired by others, but people tend to fail because of it, when they start identifying their own life with their guru's/mentor's life...

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk