Author Topic: Red Meat May Spell Early Death  (Read 8858 times)

Offline PaleoPhil

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Mad scientist (not into blind Paleo re-enactment)
    • View Profile
Red Meat May Spell Early Death
« on: April 01, 2011, 07:34:15 pm »
Red Meat May Spell Early Death

"A federal study revealed that middle-aged Americans who ate red meat at least once a day were 30 percent more likely to die during the 10 years researchers followed them. What do you think?"
>"When some one eats an Epi paleo Rx template and follows the rules of circadian biology they get plenty of starches when they are available three out of the four seasons." -Jack Kruse, MD
>"I recommend 20 percent of calories from carbs, depending on the size of the person" -Ron Rosedale, MD (in other words, NOT zero carbs) http://preview.tinyurl.com/6ogtan
>Finding a diet you can tolerate is not the same as fixing what's wrong. -Tim Steele
Beware of problems from chronic Very Low Carb

Offline kurite

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
Re: Red Meat May Spell Early Death
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2011, 07:59:42 pm »
Lol maybe if it said what they died of...
"A government big enough to give you everything you want is a government big enough to take from you everything you have."

Offline CHK91

• Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2011, 09:19:18 pm »
If people eat less meat because of studies, more for us. :D

Less demand = lower prices = happy us
All I want is the truth... Just gimme some truth.
"I wanna be the minority."

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2011, 10:00:13 pm »
Those studies focus on the consumption of COOKED GRAINFED meats. If they focused on raw, grassfed/wild meats, they would show longer lifespans.
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline michaelwh

• Bear Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2011, 02:15:11 am »
To those of you who think this is serious, take a look at some other news stories by this fine media outlet:

http://www.theonion.com/articles/bush-finds-error-in-fermilab-calculations,1463/

http://www.theonion.com/articles/nasa-completes-52year-mission-to-find-kill-god,19263/

And also take a look at your calendar.

Offline CHK91

• Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2011, 02:46:59 am »
Oh wow. I never actually clicked on the link. XD

It's a satire site.
All I want is the truth... Just gimme some truth.
"I wanna be the minority."

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #6 on: April 02, 2011, 02:47:07 am »
They may be april fool's jokes but they are hardly funny in view of the fact that there are plenty of people who have claimed much the same things in a wholly serious manner on dates other than april fool's day.
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline PaleoPhil

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 02, 2011, 05:51:04 am »
Oh wow. I never actually clicked on the link. XD
Hee, hee, in Ireland it's called blarney. I guessed that most people wouldn't bother to click on the link. I thought Miles' beating me to it with a pre-April Fools meat-related story might have ruined it for me, but I figured it might still work. I took advantage of the tendency on the Internet for folks to "shoot from the hip" and not investigate. ;)
« Last Edit: April 02, 2011, 06:05:42 am by TylerDurden »
>"When some one eats an Epi paleo Rx template and follows the rules of circadian biology they get plenty of starches when they are available three out of the four seasons." -Jack Kruse, MD
>"I recommend 20 percent of calories from carbs, depending on the size of the person" -Ron Rosedale, MD (in other words, NOT zero carbs) http://preview.tinyurl.com/6ogtan
>Finding a diet you can tolerate is not the same as fixing what's wrong. -Tim Steele

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #8 on: April 02, 2011, 06:06:54 am »
Like I said, the fact that the same exact subject has been discussed already in a serious manner, means that the joke falls flat.
" Ron Paul.

Offline PaleoPhil

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 02, 2011, 06:18:52 am »
Aw, lighten up Tyler, or should I say, Mr. Grumps? ;)

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #10 on: April 02, 2011, 05:09:25 pm »
Aw, lighten up Tyler, or should I say, Mr. Grumps? ;)
Originality in humour would be better, that's all.
" Ron Paul.

Offline michaelwh

• Bear Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 02, 2011, 08:25:46 pm »
Here is another amusing April fools joke on Stephan's whole health source:

http://wholehealthsource.blogspot.com/2011/04/new-direction.html

Offline PaleoPhil

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 02, 2011, 11:00:08 pm »
Originality in humour would be better, that's all.
And yet despite it's being unoriginal you were fooled a second time within less than 24 hours. LOL  It served its purpose well. -d

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #13 on: April 03, 2011, 12:31:49 am »
And yet despite it's being unoriginal you were fooled a second time within less than 24 hours. LOL  It served its purpose well. -d
  Actually, I have read much the same sort of nonsense from reading extremist raw vegan sites over  the years, so it was hardly original and, like I said, to be funny, it has to be a bit more creative than such lame offerings.
" Ron Paul.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk