Author Topic: RAW MEAT DOCUMENTARY CASTING  (Read 88694 times)

Offline PaleoPhil

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Mad scientist (not into blind Paleo re-enactment)
    • View Profile
Re: RAW MEAT DOCUMENTARY CASTING
« Reply #25 on: April 15, 2011, 09:33:07 am »
Sorry Sarah, I tried. Heaven help him and you. I'll PM you Sabertooth.
>"When some one eats an Epi paleo Rx template and follows the rules of circadian biology they get plenty of starches when they are available three out of the four seasons." -Jack Kruse, MD
>"I recommend 20 percent of calories from carbs, depending on the size of the person" -Ron Rosedale, MD (in other words, NOT zero carbs) http://preview.tinyurl.com/6ogtan
>Finding a diet you can tolerate is not the same as fixing what's wrong. -Tim Steele
Beware of problems from chronic Very Low Carb

Offline sabertooth

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 15, 2011, 09:55:46 am »
Ok now I think you are being a bit harsh , personal insults are not welcome here

But since you started it , I will call you out on being a eugenicist TOOL. I know what you represent and will debate you openly on any particular issue you may have, but I ask you to please not stoop to childish name calling.

I have been called white trash since I was a child and I will die white trash. My wife and I detest many of the views you have posted here,Neone,but I am respectful your rights to crap on my way of life as you see fit.

By the honor of my ancestors who lived and died on this lonely planet without a soul to remember them I rebuke anyone with such uncompassionate thinking as the pp.

I have a story to tell and always joked about sending it to Nobody Cares Publications. And if the world make a fool of me so what, I say I would rather be fool than a coward who is to yellow bellied to face himself in the eyes of others.

The universe is hostile and eventually swallows us all whole.

Vicariously, live I while the whole world dies.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2011, 03:32:32 pm by TylerDurden »
A man who makes a beast of himself, forgets the pain of being a man.

Offline Neone

• Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 15, 2011, 10:06:34 am »
no sabertooth. I am probably more poor, and more of a bum than you are. I am not judging you. I am telling you how the world see's you, and how the world will react to somebody of your social status, or whatever you want to call it.  It sucks, its not fair, but its reality.

WHY would somebody want to listen to you? 
My mom watches that stuff.. WHY would she want to listen to what you have to say, and take you serious? what have you done that would make a stranger respect the words that you have to say?

Its fun to imagine and fantasize, but when you're making decisions like this you have to make them from a mind that's grounded in reality.

You dont think its strange that after three pages.. YOU are the only person who thinks that this is a good idea?
That's not paleo.

Offline sabertooth

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 15, 2011, 01:02:06 pm »
Believe me when I say I wasnt put here on this planet to live in bondage to other peoples good Ideas.
Dare to be stupid. That being said, I don't think its a good Idea and I am still very conflicted myself on what to do.

The world does not see me for what I am, for the world has no eyes to give vision, I wish more people would Quit trying to think for the world and begin to think for themselves.

At least my mother , grandmother and favorite Aunt all think I should do it so , and come hell or high water I know they will help me no matter what.

Its sad that no one seems to get what I am attempting to express at heart. Perhaps once you hear my voice you may be able to know me better. My views don't have to be believed for me to feel free to speak out. There are some really controversial things I say that I know not everyone will agree with and I don't expect to reach everybody.

There was this Idea I got from a book by Aldous Huxley called Jacobs hand. In it Jacob is a simple farm boy with a gift to heal the sick, but only those who truly wanted to heal could receive his gift, many in this world are sick and claim they wish to get well, while at the same time they cling to their sickness. Those people can never be helped and it so disappointed Jacob that he quit healing people and retired to the farm where he was more comfortable in the company of his animals, than with people. Hopefully I will one day give up trying to save the human race and retire to my homestead and leave the world of man to rot

The lexicon has been dumbed down and it seems we are being programed to fall in line with societal norms. I cant talk anywhere freely about these Ideas in public without being misunderstood and pigeonholed, by the silent conspiracy of silence into some stereotype.

Where are the folk heroes of today, would Johnny Appleseed be aloud to live as he had done in this day in age. I grew up around the stomping grounds of frontiersmen such as Dannel Boone, and Larry flint. Sadly no one seems to admire true grit anymore, we have become distracted by the fantasy of the idiot box and no longer teach our children to revere noble people within the community.

I am sorry for rambling so much I am just a bit uneasy, there are so many other more important things going wrong in my life , along with the documentary Drama, I am also flat busted poor, I need to move into a better place, I need insurance and tags, I have to remember to pay the electric bill, good quality meat is becoming hard to find.

Can you really blame me for wanting to get a paid vacation to do a documentary and perhaps be able to stand up for my way of life and encourage others to do the same?

Offline KD

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 15, 2011, 01:13:31 pm »
If the world doesn't see it..whoever is casting the show and reading this is probably learning some interesting things.

---

Particularly with the family stuff it sounds to have more potential risks than benefits. Also, wasn't this topic deleted/banned first time around? Anyway... Sounds neigh good but i'll try to hold some optimism if it goes through. I don't think there is much of chance of much positive information coming out, but I guess if you come across as 'well' the contradictions of information could I guess speak for themselves. It could be at the very least 'an experience' but there is certainly the very real possibility it would yield negative consequences.

So its POSSIBLE you could have a good time, make some cash, and get at least some people to start googling shit... but weighed against the other stuff I would consider not applying.

...I do have an 'in' at Nobody Cares Publications if interested.

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #30 on: April 15, 2011, 03:49:16 pm »
Sabertooth, if your mind's made up, you should at least hear from the Primal Dieters who did the Wifeswap episode some years ago, so you have some real idea of what to expect. I'll PM you the wife's e-mail-address. Just say it came from me, I'm sure she wouldn't mind, besides I got her e-mail address from the livefood yahoo group.
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline Brother

• Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 15, 2011, 08:53:20 pm »
Sabertooth it is obvious that you are ready for combat, but do you come prepared. Do you know your enemy?

Like a lamb to the slaughter you say, but perhaps I am a wolf in sheep's clothing.

These people are professional liars and manipulators. That is to say, they do nothing but these things all day long. This is a fight you cannot really come prepared for because the power is with them entirely. They can (and most certainly will) edit everything you say to make it fit whatever emotions they want to invoke with their audience. Disgust, Hatred, Sympathy, these are theirs to do with as they please no matter what you say or how well you say it. Cut/Paste

I fail to understand why you so willingly march right into your own slaughter.

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #32 on: April 15, 2011, 09:30:13 pm »
An obvious demand re future interviews would be to insist that all interviews are done "live". This will frighten off most, but the honest ones will be fine with this as long as the interviewee is used to such things.
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline Löwenherz

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 15, 2011, 10:26:15 pm »
Is there anyone who is optimistic about there being a chance that this show could be a good thing? Please help me I need some help convincing my wife that everything will be alright.

Hi Sabertooth,

let them pay enough money and enjoy the spectacle!

Who cares about honesty in a TV-SHOW??

Just have fun!

The media will be full of bullshit and nonsense until end of universe. It's all about entertainment, nothing else. People here should relax. Take it with a smile. The fact that you are thinking about your first television appearance simply shows that you like this idea. And your participation could create more opportunities in the future.

Hope to see you soon on TV!   ;)

Löwenherz
« Last Edit: April 15, 2011, 11:04:07 pm by TylerDurden »

Offline sabertooth

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 16, 2011, 04:09:53 pm »
Thank you Löwenherz

I just have bought a web cam and have to set it up for a video interview with one of the executives by Monday. I feel good and am still optimistic that the truth will shine through whatever they try to do with me on the show. I would love to have a chance to show off my charm. would enjoy some of the things I . Everyone please forgive me if I somehow give raw meat eating a worse reputation than it already has. There has to be an audience who would enjoy some of the things I have to say, regardless of if they are laughing with me or at me.

My intention is not to give raw meat eating a bad reputation, I am young and full of passion about the power of this diet to help others. I am also working myself ragged to afford this lifestyle and humble home of mine, so whatever money the show would provide is desperately needed. I am not trying to be some Paleo Deva, all I want is a little bit of money so I could put a down payment on 40 acres and a mule.  

Even if things don't work out or I cant get the right terms of agreement, then I am still free to change my mind, and even if the show gets canned and never sees the light of day , I will still have my web cam, and perhaps could start posting "how to be raw" instructional videos and one day even help out with our own documentary where the forum elders would have total creative control.  

Now all there is to do is wait for the Monday interview to see what will happen from there, wish me luck.

« Last Edit: April 16, 2011, 07:23:09 pm by sabertooth »

Offline Brother

• Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: April 16, 2011, 06:15:08 pm »
The best of luck to you Sabertooth. I will tune in.

Offline SkinnyDevil

• Chief
  • "...embrace your fear..."
    • View Profile
    • Skinny Devil Music Lab
« Reply #36 on: April 16, 2011, 08:49:51 pm »
Sabertooth,

You'll be fine - it'll work out great, I'm sure. I know we only met for a moment, but you're photogenic, relaxed, have a calm enthusiasm....the camera will love you and you'll do a fantastic job.
-
--
David M. McLean
Skinny Devil Music Lab
http://www.skinnydevil.com

Offline raw-al

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: April 16, 2011, 09:21:42 pm »
Sabertooth,
If ya can't beat em join em.  ;D

Good luck! Just the fact that someone is invited means there is recognition that people eat raw foods and you are brave enough to stand the heat, so no need to get out of the kitchen.

It's better going in knowing that you have friends. Maybe we're just being cautious because we don't want anyone else to experience what we did and while noble, possibly borders on cowardice.  -[

Maybe then we can come out of the closet.  ;D Changing society's point of view does not occur because of one interview. It s the culmination of many years of people like yourself brave enough to stand up.
Cheers
Al

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
  • Geek Healer Truth Seeker Pro-Natal Pro-Life
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
« Reply #38 on: April 17, 2011, 12:36:08 am »
Sabertooth,

Hopefully this first TV appearance will be the key for you to make further appearances.  Who knows, you could be on Oprah, then sell DVDs and books! 

Go take the shot!
Linux Geek, Web Developer, Email Provider, Businessman, Engineer, REAL Free Healer, Pro-Life, Pro-Family, Truther, Ripple-XRP Fan

I'm the network administrator.
My business: Website Dev & Hosting and Email Server Provider,
My blogs: Cure Manual, My Health Blog, Eczema Cure & Psoriasis Cure

Offline laterade

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: April 17, 2011, 02:02:05 am »
Keep it simple, stick to the facts(medical opinions are not facts), and don't try to spice it up a bunch.

"When you go without food for 5 hours the body goes into an anorexic state"
Rough quote from memory. Perfect example of parroting gone wrong.

Offline PaleoPhil

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: April 17, 2011, 02:48:55 am »
Sabertooth, if I had known that you were determined to do the show and were just looking for words of support, I would have gladly offered them. But instead you asked whether we thought you should do the show, to which I offered my honest opinion, as did others and I found their advice to be generally quite wise. I don't see any posts here that were meant to be insults or uncompassionate--on the contrary, just people trying to help you. We're all in this same RPD Viking ship together and we have all embarked on a radical path that strays from Mother Culture's demands. So all of us have displayed some true grit by daring to buck the system and we can all be proud of that.

It might also help to explain things if I reveal that I don't own a television and don't have a high general opinion of TV shows or movies or the people that create them. There are good shows, but some of them seem to exploit poor or naive folk for financial gain and do other unsavory things.

I also offered in my PM to you what I thought might be a useful tip if you do the show, and Tyler made the same suggestion--you can watch the raw meat wifeswap reality show episode, the Gary Taubes episode on Dr. Oz, and Aajonus on the Doctors show and maybe his Ripley's appearance again to get an idea of what happens on these shows. Taubes also blogged about what they [the Dr. Oz show staff] did to him. A wise warrior is well prepared for battle.

S: "There are some really controversial things I say that I know not everyone will agree with and I don't expect to reach everybody."

I would get the advice of Lex or some other wise counselor on what if any controversial things you plan on trying to say on the show.

S: "all I want is a little bit of money so I could put a down payment on 40 acres and a mule"

Is it possibly that you're raising your expectations up a bit high so early on? Is what they're going to pay you really enough to pay for a down payment on "40 acres and a mule" while you also pay for the other bills you mentioned?

SD: "you're photogenic, relaxed, have a calm enthusiasm....the camera will love you and you'll do a fantastic job"

Skinny Devil's words are encouraging. Pictures speak more volumes than words. If you look good, calm and happy on the show, Sabertooth, it might overcome the negative things they'll likely say and try to portray.

I wish you good luck, Sabertooth, whatever you end up doing.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2011, 05:42:48 am by PaleoPhil »
>"When some one eats an Epi paleo Rx template and follows the rules of circadian biology they get plenty of starches when they are available three out of the four seasons." -Jack Kruse, MD
>"I recommend 20 percent of calories from carbs, depending on the size of the person" -Ron Rosedale, MD (in other words, NOT zero carbs) http://preview.tinyurl.com/6ogtan
>Finding a diet you can tolerate is not the same as fixing what's wrong. -Tim Steele

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #41 on: April 17, 2011, 04:51:54 am »
Paleophil, could you please provide a link to that blog where Taubes mentioned having his views distorted by the media? Thanks.
" Ron Paul.

Offline PaleoPhil

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: April 17, 2011, 05:26:25 am »
Sure. He was referring specifically to his experience on the Dr. Oz show and how it was staged, produced and edited. It's partly covered in a blog post that is still the topmost post on his blog as of now:

http://www.garytaubes.com/2011/03/dose-of-intervention-land-of-dr-oz/

Here's an excerpt that gives some insight on how TV show makers set things up to make the host look good and the people they disagree with look not-as-good and how TV show makers prefer to set up stark, simplified contrasts because they make for more entertaining television:

The Dr. Oz Show is one part health advice and discussion and quite a few parts entertainment, as Oz’s producers kept telling me in the days before we taped the episode.  To make for what they consider good television they played me up as the second coming of Atkins  – a persona that my wife likes to refer to as “meat boy”  — while Oz got to play the role of the harvest king, extolling the healing virtues of fruits, vegetables and whole grains.  This made it more difficult than I would have liked to get across the important messages from my books, but television is television and I certainly knew what they had in store for me.

My message and the message of Why We Get Fat was not that we should all be eating nothing but animal products – and certainly not the unappetizing meat and eggs that Oz’s crew prepared as props....

Shared similarities like the fact that both Gary Taubes and Dr. Oz eat salmon, berries and almonds were ignored to make for better television.

Gary goes into more detail about what was done on the Dr. Oz show in this interview on Jimmy Moore's LLVLC Show: http://livinlavidalowcarb.com/blog/the-llvlc-show-episode-456-gary-taubes-rebuts-dr-oz-ben-hewitt-says-real-food-saved-a-vermont-town/10242
« Last Edit: April 17, 2011, 05:40:05 am by PaleoPhil »

Offline sabertooth

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: April 17, 2011, 02:58:37 pm »
Thanks for the encouraging words, that's all I really needed, my original request for advice was more of a call for advice on what to do, and how to handle myself on the show, and not a question of if I should or should not apply to the casting call.

Everyone has been helpful and I understand fully the reasons people advised against doing it.

I got kind of peeved at the one response that suggested I was white trash and no one would want to hear what I have to say or read my book. Besides that , This thread has been very constructive.

I don't own a TV either and am generally opposed to most of the programing being broadcast today.

As for controversial statements, I was referring to my general stance of being outspoken. For the purpose of a show in which I may only have a Ten minute segment to explain myself, I will have to use it wisely to express the core principles of the paleo Diet instead of maniacally crusading against the atrocities of the world .I am versatile and would love to be able to stick it to the man on national television, but I am also humble and grateful to who ever would give me a chance to tell my story, so would be more than willing to hold my tongue and stick to a positive message of my own healing experience I will even play along with the programs angle of how my diet causes strife within my social life as long as I can maintain a relatively dignified persona.

The forty acres and a mule pipe dream is just me being a bit factitious. I am often a bit esoteric and/or convoluted in the creative language department and try to make statements with hidden meanings or even perhaps conflicting meanings, as an attempt to express an Idea without having to go through pages of mellow drama and stale logic to get a simple point across. Its a style that May need some fine tuning, to avoid misunderstandings in the future.

During reconstruction some of the freed slaves in the southeast were promised forty acres and a mule, only to have the order repealed. Life is disappointing and It often seems that nothing is fair. If only I could get a few thousand to put down on a place then I could pay off the rest through hard work, but in reality I will probably just have to spend what ever money I get from the show on my wife and children so will be forced to continue to rent a small home from the local land lords.

I have a lot of respect for Gary Taubes and his general message. Perhaps having the luxury of being able to access radio interviews has enhanced my perspective so that I never had to rely on TV as my sole source of info, and so have a much broader perspective in general than the average television viewer.

My message no matter how its edited could possibly reach the right people who have a little initiative and are able to do follow up research. As for those poor fools who rely on TV alone for information, without the ability cross reference what they hear, they are lost and may be beyond help. I need to focus my message in a way that is geared toward people who would have their interest sparked enough to be motivated to do further research. Its the best that could be hoped for when using such a limiting media as Television.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lMUGUZ3EEEo

BTW what happened to AVs rotten meat clip on You tube it seems to have disappeared, Is there some type of censorship going on here? Possible Conspiracy against the raw diet?
« Last Edit: April 17, 2011, 03:31:38 pm by TylerDurden »

Offline laterade

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: April 18, 2011, 12:39:39 am »
BTW what happened to AVs rotten meat clip on You tube it seems to have disappeared, Is there some type of censorship going on here? Possible Conspiracy against the raw diet?
Could be.. but the video is not gone.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xxvszzgYRjU

Offline Neone

• Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: April 18, 2011, 01:19:53 am »
I dont know where to put this and i cant embed it but its a dumb interview anyway but

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WMIgCqwn_20&feature=related

Haha, did I just hear Doctor Oz. say that if he could eat anything in the world, it would be grass fed wild meat?

interesting.
That's not paleo.

Offline PaleoPhil

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: April 18, 2011, 04:29:30 am »
I got kind of peeved at the one response that suggested I was white trash
I took that as a warning about how the show might seek to portray you and how many people who don't understand raw meat eating might reflexively stereotype you, rather than as an intended insult. It was done to the Wifeswap family by the reality show and many of the viewers seemed to view them that way (and some even called authorities to report the family), so it's not unheard of, and, indeed, Neone already confirmed that that was basically what he meant:

no sabertooth. I am probably more poor, and more of a bum than you are. I am not judging you. I am telling you how the world see's you, and how the world will react to somebody of your social status, or whatever you want to call it.  It sucks, its not fair, but its reality. ....

Plus, Neone may have done it in a harsh way, but it is true that there is not a big audience for raw meat diets, whether we like that or not. Just look at the small number of hits on raw-meat-eating videos like the Ripley's video and the negativity of some of the comments and you'll see that to be the case.

If only I could get a few thousand to put down on a place then I could pay off the rest through hard work
You might not be so eager to acquire such debt if you read The Black Swan by Nassim Taleb and the writings of Warren Buffett, who has almost always paid for everything with cash, going back to when he was a little boy. I try to avoid debt as much as possible myself and acquiring a mortgage was not something I did eagerly. I only did so because the market and the deal and the location and nature of the property and my job and life circumstances seemed to make it the right decision for me.

That radio show clip is an interesting contrast with the TV show. Taubes mentioned that Oz was more in agreement with him and more positive on Oz's radio show, whereas TV is often about visually-stimulating things like contrasts and conflict and there is less time for intelligent discussion.

Neone, multiple people have reported that embedding doesn't work well in this forum and I just use the URL of Youtube videos because embedding is not necessary here.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2011, 04:42:35 am by TylerDurden »

CitrusHigh

« Reply #47 on: April 18, 2011, 06:27:06 am »
Wait, in regards to this ripley's aajonus video. Did aajonus get on to raw meat from inuit or when coyotes brought him a rabbit in the desert and he was trying to commit suicide by eating it haha???   :o  ???

Seriously though, anyone have the straight and skinny on Aaj? I've never read his first book, but I own the second, so I don't know his background except for a few second hand comments I've noticed over the years. Thanks!
« Last Edit: April 18, 2011, 06:44:28 am by TylerDurden »

CitrusHigh

« Reply #48 on: April 18, 2011, 09:13:41 am »
haha Ty do you actually edit things out of posts or do you just do it to screw with people?  :P  ;D

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #49 on: April 18, 2011, 09:17:50 am »
haha Ty do you actually edit things out of posts or do you just do it to screw with people?  :P  ;D

I mentioned some months ago that I would quietly correct anybody's spelling-errors.  I was a spelling-whiz at school and it just creates an awful impression if people don't edit their own posts afterwards for correct spelling/grammar.
" Ron Paul.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk