Author Topic: RAW MEAT DOCUMENTARY CASTING  (Read 88783 times)

Offline Neone

• Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: RAW MEAT DOCUMENTARY CASTING
« Reply #100 on: May 03, 2011, 07:01:30 am »
Is it common for raw meat eaters to keep their diet a secret?
That's not paleo.

CitrusHigh

« Reply #101 on: May 03, 2011, 07:07:16 am »
I have kept it pretty hush hush until recently, now I'm finding all kinds of opportunities to share my experiences. And if you do it passively, without trying to proselytize someone, they get real curious and even if they think it's strange, they get to wondering. And I can't tell you how many times they will say, oh yeah, I eat a little bit of raw meat here or there when I'm cooking, I'm like what? You don't make any sense! haha, seriously though, with the right attitude, intention and delivery, people are surprisingly receptive.

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #102 on: May 03, 2011, 07:08:32 am »
I still would say that instincto is more or less dead. The book of GCB is not available any more and the instincto movement lost most of the followers as far as I can see. The instincto forum is dead too, someone told me.
  Dead wrong:-

http://www.reocities.com/HotSprings/7627/ggindex.html
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline laterade

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: May 03, 2011, 07:36:16 am »

I did, until people began noticing changes in my appearance and attitude.
Now I am quite open about it, speaking and sharing often.

If it truly bothers someone, they are most likely not someone I want to be around.
I get a lot of shocked faces, but I have opened a lot of people up. That makes it worth it.

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
  • Geek Healer Truth Seeker Pro-Natal Pro-Life
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
« Reply #104 on: May 03, 2011, 07:43:39 am »
I still would say that instincto is more or less dead. The book of GCB is not available any more and the instincto movement lost most of the followers as far as I can see. The instincto forum is dead too, someone told me.

Instincto lives!
We have an instincto section in this forum.
GCB's book is available for free in the instincto forum.
And several of us, including myself are gravitating towards instincto in some ways.
Linux Geek, Web Developer, Email Provider, Businessman, Engineer, REAL Free Healer, Pro-Life, Pro-Family, Truther, Ripple-XRP Fan

I'm the network administrator.
My business: Website Dev & Hosting and Email Server Provider,
My blogs: Cure Manual, My Health Blog, Eczema Cure & Psoriasis Cure

Offline PaleoPhil

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Mad scientist (not into blind Paleo re-enactment)
    • View Profile
« Reply #105 on: May 03, 2011, 07:54:37 am »
Is Neone your full, real name?
>"When some one eats an Epi paleo Rx template and follows the rules of circadian biology they get plenty of starches when they are available three out of the four seasons." -Jack Kruse, MD
>"I recommend 20 percent of calories from carbs, depending on the size of the person" -Ron Rosedale, MD (in other words, NOT zero carbs) http://preview.tinyurl.com/6ogtan
>Finding a diet you can tolerate is not the same as fixing what's wrong. -Tim Steele
Beware of problems from chronic Very Low Carb

Offline Neone

• Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: May 04, 2011, 06:54:15 am »
Paleophil.. on the internet, you too can be anyone! haha

But no, my wife and I have never kept what we do a 'secret'.
I told my family straight up from day one what we were doing, (one) because its interesting, and (two) (and probably the real reason) was so that if we started to die horribly, at least somebody knew what we were doing. Since we 'look great' and stuff they know its obviously not detrimental (except for parasites, which we have had a few times) But after the initial excitement of the diet, i have learned to not talk food with other people (unless they obviously want to).  
When you suggest that somebodys current diet is not the 'best', then you're pretty much saying they are !WRONG! and thats when it all goes downhill.
I always make sure to say 'hey, this is just whats working for me, its not the ONLY diet, since people are obviously thriving on all kinds of diets, if yours is working for you then it sounds like you're doing pretty good."  Whereas before id try give them the 'facts' about why they are !WRONG!, nobody wants to listen to that person.

First day at our new job, my wife and I whip out our 'pirate lunchboxes' (just raw meat and some spice and codliver oil) and have lunch with everybody. After the few usual questions we're back to doing what we were before. Its no big deal to them, i guess because its no big deal to us, we're just having lunch.

Everyone i get my meat from knows as well, since everyone always ask(ed) 'how do you cook it?' and I just say 'I dont'.  And they're not about to argue with their best customer.. haha.

I think one of my butchers said a few weeks ago that they were skeptical at first, but almost 3 years later we're still going strong and she said 'yeah i dont think its weird anymore, i guess i just got used to it', since im always in there telling them the meat inspector is a bitch because she wont let me have the brains, and how to leave the adrenal glands in the fat for me when they take it out.. haha.

Another reason we're just up front is because people always offer you food/drinks, and when you just always shoot them down with no explanation they might think you're being a dick. Instead they say 'Id offer you a sangwitch, but you would probably prefer some like... raw sausage or something! haha!'.

I dont know, mabye we just have a good attitude.. like if you're insecure about your diet people can tell? i dont know.

*edit*
Or mabye its just because my wife and I did this together, whereas most people seem to be doing it solo and their partner still eats whatever. So when you have two people doing it it helps make you more sure, and secure in/of what you're doing?

« Last Edit: May 04, 2011, 07:00:44 am by Neone »
That's not paleo.

Offline PaleoPhil

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: May 04, 2011, 10:08:59 am »
Paleophil.. on the internet, you too can be anyone! haha

But no, my wife and I have never kept what we do a 'secret'.
I told my family straight up from day one what we were doing, (one) because its interesting, and (two) (and probably the real reason) was so that if we started to die horribly, at least somebody knew what we were doing. Since we 'look great' and stuff they know its obviously not detrimental (except for parasites, which we have had a few times) But after the initial excitement of the diet, i have learned to not talk food with other people (unless they obviously want to).
Yeah, I think that applies to most people--telling certain select people but not others. Sabertooth is going well beyond most of us by revealing what he's doing on TV.

When you suggest that somebodys current diet is not the 'best', then you're pretty much saying they are !WRONG! and thats when it all goes downhill.
Yup, many people think you're attacking them when you say anything bad about their food or their cooking/baking. They seem to see modern foods as part of their culture and their very being.

I frankly don't care what others think about what I eat. My girlfriend is horrified that I reveal it when asked. She thinks what I eat is crazy and she thinks that letting others know who ask is also crazy. I just laugh when she frets over it. I'm not interested in proselytizing others either. If someone asks for info/help, then I help them, otherwise I generally leave them alone, so food doesn't often come up.
>"When some one eats an Epi paleo Rx template and follows the rules of circadian biology they get plenty of starches when they are available three out of the four seasons." -Jack Kruse, MD
>"I recommend 20 percent of calories from carbs, depending on the size of the person" -Ron Rosedale, MD (in other words, NOT zero carbs) http://preview.tinyurl.com/6ogtan
>Finding a diet you can tolerate is not the same as fixing what's wrong. -Tim Steele

Offline raw-al

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: May 04, 2011, 07:58:32 pm »
PP,

Diet can be a pita to talk about.

I was a vege for many years. Once I went to a dinner being hosted by a contractor doing work on our plane. It was a steak house and I ordered no steak. They felt really bad that they assumed I wanted steak and were embarrassed and one of their employees got rude with me because I had ordered some soup that had a small amount of chicken in it. It was the only soup on the menu. This guy got really upset like he wanted to start a fight. Go figure.

Anywho I just wanted to have a peaceful meal and this idiot wanted me to justify my diet and maybe my existence ;D .

In a couple of weeks I will be going to a worksite to build a strawbale house. Food is provided, so now I have to decide if I bring my own (major undertaking) or just roll over and eat cooked. Most people think raw means salad.

Yeah I know I can just put my stake in the ground, say fuckit I'm gonna stay true to my standards but sometimes the PITA factor steps up to the plate. Problems problems problems  ;D ;D ;D
Cheers
Al

Offline sabertooth

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: May 06, 2011, 10:53:08 am »
Its all over, except the editing now.
Holy cow , what an experience this has been.
I gave them one hell of a show, what they do with it is up to them.

Filming took two days.

I did three interviews with the director

One very deep conversation with a medical doctor while going over my test results(which were perfectly normal) Everything was well within normal limits, except my Good cholesterol which was 145. They claim its "high" but from our more enlightened perspective higher LDL is an indicator of good health. Its the best lab results I have ever had. The parasite screening only showed that I had Blasocystitis hominis which is a common single celled bug that is prevalent even in totally healthy people.

A segment in my meat shack, where I had a meat locker, deep freeze and cabinet with high meat. I prepared and ate a meal for them, and talked about my goals of raising my own food.

They had a shopping segment with me and my brother. We meandered through the store while carrying on a conversation, the whole thing was a little odd. There were some quaint moments and I hope it all gets presented well in the pilot.

We had a dinner at my grandmothers which was about as normal of a family gathering that I could recall.

They had me do a session with an accredited therapist and it was a very rich experience to be able to openly discuss this diet and intelligently with a good conversationalist. With time perhaps I could gain credibility and with practice I could develop the rhetorical skills needed to take my Ideas to the forefront.

Then we had a family session with the therapist, which was surprisingly a positive experience and it seemed to go well.

Its almost too much to take in as it was happening and I was on cloud nine much of the time, being juiced up on some over ripe cow heart. I did do high meat openly on camera and for repeated takes, while washing it down with raw eggs. I also showed off some maggot meat.

I am still too busy to get all the results posted but I will be working on at least posting my lab work as soon as there is time to find a scanner.
« Last Edit: May 06, 2011, 02:21:23 pm by TylerDurden »
A man who makes a beast of himself, forgets the pain of being a man.

CitrusHigh

« Reply #110 on: May 06, 2011, 11:02:13 am »
I'm so glad to hear it went well Saber!  8) Can't wait to see it!

Offline CHK91

• Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: May 06, 2011, 11:03:56 am »
Bravo! Looks like everything went better than expected. I look forward to it. :D
All I want is the truth... Just gimme some truth.
"I wanna be the minority."

Offline PaleoPhil

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: May 06, 2011, 11:05:33 am »
Congrats! Maggot meat, eh? Well, I guess that might generate ratings. ;D

Offline raw-al

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: May 06, 2011, 07:12:07 pm »
"accredited Therapist"

Which variety, or method or whatever. Do you mean a nutbar determiner? LOL
Cheers
Al

Offline sabertooth

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: May 06, 2011, 09:09:48 pm »
The director made the distinction of "accreditation" in regards to the TV ready therapist. In all actuality the therapy session went well and although I conceded that there may be some ego eccentricity's other than my seeking wellness at all cost, that drove me to discover such an extreme way of life. For the most part it seemed I was able to express the heart of the paleo mans spirit that I feel becoming awakened within my renewed being and how embracing this paleo lifestyle is helping me in very real and noticeable ways.

Offline SkinnyDevil

• Chief
  • "...embrace your fear..."
    • View Profile
    • Skinny Devil Music Lab
« Reply #115 on: May 06, 2011, 09:13:45 pm »
Good on ya, Sabertooth!

Hey - were you shopping at the Co-op?
-
--
David M. McLean
Skinny Devil Music Lab
http://www.skinnydevil.com

Offline sabertooth

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: May 06, 2011, 09:18:34 pm »
Yes it was the Co-op, the director set it up with the management and we went through the store and did a very good segment at the meat counter, where I got some marrow bones and lamb organs all from local grass fed sources.

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #117 on: May 06, 2011, 09:33:09 pm »
Therapists can be really devious. On the surface, they can seem fine, on the other hand they can get people to create fake, artificial memories of things which never happened and the like. I wouldn't be at all surprised if he suggests, in the documentary, that you are a potential serial killer due to your raw-meat-interests etc.
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline raw-al

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: May 06, 2011, 09:36:03 pm »
Funnily enough therapists don't make any money off of "normal" people.
Cheers
Al

Offline sabertooth

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: May 07, 2011, 01:51:08 am »
This therapist is a veteran of the TV talking head circuit who has appeared on shows like Nancy Grace. She covers a wide variety of subjects including the Michel Jackson trials. She is accredited; well as much as anyone can be.

The question of violence and psychopathic killing never came up, and I promise you that my demeanor is totally non violent and my disposition is of a man of learning and tranquility, to the point that it would be absurd to suggest that I may be a serial killer.

Of course Ted Bundy was a nice and charming man at first glance, so you can never be totally sure >D

I think I made a good impression and she referred to me as an intellectual and even suggested off camera some things to read that I may find interesting. Of course who knows what she told the camera for her final interview.

I would be curious about her candid prognosis regarding my maniacal meat eating fervor, or my all consuming quest to maintain the ultimate peak of genetic expression through attaining optimal balance of the mind body and spirit.(ego maniac?, or neanderthal sweetheart?) A lot of the complexity of my mind may have been cultivated out of a need to circumnavigate such labeling. Of course I am sure there is a pathology behind much of it, but so what, as long as its focused in constructive endeavors then such quirkiness could be an asset, especially when trying to build up an original character such as this Sabertooth persona.

The discussion was fairly complex and at times intense . I hope the exchange will be revealing to those with the vision to understand it righteously. Regardless of what the consensus view, of the issue of my normality (or lack there of), the network could be able to cut me into something that's value is beyond entertainment.

With my feet in the air and my head on the ground
the show goes forward
« Last Edit: May 07, 2011, 07:46:55 am by sabertooth »

Offline sabertooth

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #120 on: November 18, 2011, 12:02:09 pm »
New update on the show.

I received a call from the network earlier today, I was informed that the documentary that they  shot pilots for has been picked up by Animal Planet. Its going to be part of a series of shows about animalistic behavior in people.

They still want to do a show based on my diet. I still am not 100% sure about the final angle they will go with... so now what do I do?

I am curious about how it all will go.

I wonder how much to divulge, especially in regards to the forum here. I could bring some mainstream attention to the forum .

If all goes well, I could use the show as an opening to a youtube channel dedicated to educating people about the raw paleo lifestyle . Maybe even  LINK to a raw paleo manifesto.

Any way, I am excited and still optimistic in general. If anyone has some words of encouragement as well good advise in regards to the show and how one could best represent the paleo diet from an animalistic angle they may want to go with, then feel free to chime in.

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
  • Geek Healer Truth Seeker Pro-Natal Pro-Life
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
« Reply #121 on: November 18, 2011, 12:52:25 pm »
Divulge all.
Divulge this forum.
Linux Geek, Web Developer, Email Provider, Businessman, Engineer, REAL Free Healer, Pro-Life, Pro-Family, Truther, Ripple-XRP Fan

I'm the network administrator.
My business: Website Dev & Hosting and Email Server Provider,
My blogs: Cure Manual, My Health Blog, Eczema Cure & Psoriasis Cure

Offline eveheart

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: November 18, 2011, 12:57:30 pm »
Its going to be part of a series of shows about animalistic behavior in people....

I read your post and started wondering about the words animalistic and animalism. To me, these words have limiting and negative connotations; they imply that our behavior is indifferent to or lacks any but an animal's instincts.

My own raw-paleo-ness is quirky, too, but not in an animalistic way. Instead of being indifferent to my humanness, I am expressing awareness of what it means to be human with simplicity. In contrast, the animal instinct nowadays is the Standard American Diet, and the animalistic human is like a bear at a campground, rummaging through the over-processed, taste-tantalizing waste that masquerades as food.
« Last Edit: November 18, 2011, 05:17:29 pm by TylerDurden »
"I intend to live forever; so far, so good." -Steven Wright, comedian

Offline Inger

• Chief
  • 38 yo Norwegian RVAF s.-06, 90% carniv.
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: November 18, 2011, 07:03:24 pm »
I totally feel the same Dorothy.

How much I appreciate Nature, and love it from all my heart, I truly feel like a part of it - but I also feel so Human.
It is mystic. -X
I love animals, but I do not feel like I am one, even if I feel we do have so much in common.
Maybe.. are we 1/2 Animal 1/2 God or something? -\

Inger
« Last Edit: November 18, 2011, 07:42:50 pm by TylerDurden »

Offline sabertooth

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: November 18, 2011, 09:57:56 pm »
We are animals that possess the capability of being self aware. This self awareness gives one the illusion of being separate from nature and can complicate ones wellness. I am not exaggerating any of my claims in regards to how this diet has helped me hone my instinctive drives and has lead me to a greater sense of connectedness with nature . A man who makes a beast of himself forgets the pain of being a man. By embracing and living this new religion based on living in harmony with the animal within, along with adopting a diet that nourishes my animal body so that is in tune with its natural design, I believe that I have discovered something of value that would be a great benefit to those in need.

This whole raw paleo experience has given me a new perspective on what life is and what it is to be human. The trouble that is facing me now is , how should I articulate these thoughts in an entertaining way that wouldn't be completely over the top loony in the eyes of the average viewer.

There is this greater perspective forming in my mind of life being a great journey and that all organisms are at the frontier of a universal evolution . The DNA molecule works in magical ways and as long as we honor our beings with the optimal nutrition, and are connected to a more naturalistic lifestyle then I believe the spirit that lies within the molecule of life will carry us on to newer and more evolved forms.

This is a message of hope for all who feel that their being has been damaged or that humanity will somehow degenerate in mass. Its not easy from many like myself to have hope for humanity , in the wake of this  evolutionary atrophy caused by the over reliance of technology, coupled with the environmental and dietetic insanity of our age. But if one works at an individual level to purify ones own body and restore it to the balance of our evolutionary nature then I believe that health of the mind , body, and , spirit, can be restored. One can then begin to enjoy and appreciate both the humanistic and animalistic sides of life in accordance to their own individual spirit.

My main testimony should be focused around the theme of wellness , All my rhetoric and philosophy should be tailored to support the idea that one may achieve and maintain an optimal being with a personally tailored raw paleo diet. Hopefully the message will show through whatever constraints the show may place on it.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk