Author Topic: beef back fat or suet were to buy?  (Read 8118 times)

Offline ruffiny89

• Egg Thief
    • View Profile
beef back fat or suet were to buy?
« on: April 19, 2011, 01:18:44 am »
Were can I buy grass fed suet or beef  back fat online I am having trouble finding a place I can buy a lot  slanders have a limit  thanks

Offline PaleoPhil

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Mad scientist (not into blind Paleo re-enactment)
    • View Profile
Re: beef back fat or suet were to buy?
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2011, 06:48:07 pm »
Do you mean bison back fat? I searched the Northstar and Slankers sites. I didn't find any back fat at Northstar. I found this at Slankers: "bison Buffalo Fat (4# Packs)" http://www.texasgrassfedbeef.com/grass_fed_bison.htm

Does anyone know if this is the back fat or contains it?
>"When some one eats an Epi paleo Rx template and follows the rules of circadian biology they get plenty of starches when they are available three out of the four seasons." -Jack Kruse, MD
>"I recommend 20 percent of calories from carbs, depending on the size of the person" -Ron Rosedale, MD (in other words, NOT zero carbs) http://preview.tinyurl.com/6ogtan
>Finding a diet you can tolerate is not the same as fixing what's wrong. -Tim Steele
Beware of problems from chronic Very Low Carb

Offline CHK91

• Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2011, 09:29:25 pm »
Do you mean bison back fat? I searched the Northstar and Slankers sites. I didn't find any back fat at Northstar. I found this at Slankers: "bison Buffalo Fat (4# Packs)" http://www.texasgrassfedbeef.com/grass_fed_bison.htm

Does anyone know if this is the back fat or contains it?

Yes, it generally is the back fat. Sometimes you will get other non suet trimmings too.
All I want is the truth... Just gimme some truth.
"I wanna be the minority."

Offline Brad462

• Shaman
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2011, 10:52:32 am »
You can try to find a farm in you area through eatwild.com.
I'm actually a really nice guy, once you get to blow me.

— Anthony Jeselnik

Offline Max

• Bear Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2011, 08:39:13 am »
I ordered from slankers, and am currently eating some of their back fat.  It is pretty good.  I don't think I ate enough fat the last couple weeks, so I am really enjoying it and it gave me a great energy boost.

I know the slankers website says limit 2 packs of back fat or whatever, but call them up they might let you have more.  Just tell them how many pounds of back fat you want and see if they will give it to you.
"The strong white teeth sank into the raw and dripping flesh in apparent relish of the meal, but Clayton could not bring himself to share the uncooked meat with his strange host; instead he watched him, and presently there dawned upon him the conviction that this was Tarzan of the Apes....." - Edgar Rice Burroughs, 'Tarzan of the Apes'

Offline political atheist

• Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 25, 2014, 10:45:10 pm »
suet(organ fat) or back fat is more nutrient dense?
Pumping out units, I mean kids, aka bringing innocent beings into this ‘heavenly’ dimension of misery, suffering, struggling, pain and DEATH, WITHOUT THEIR PERMISSION/CONSENT, is NOT the solution/remedy/cure for your personal problems/issues such as: boredom, poverty, selfishness, loneliness, low IQ, **megalomania, shallowness, emptiness, vanity, hero complex syndrome, narcissism, virtue signalling syndrome. Please stop being a sadist, masochist and find a more useful/constructive hobby. 😉

Offline Projectile Vomit

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 26, 2014, 12:16:22 am »
Hard to say. I'd guess suet would be more nutrient dense, but haven't seen much data on this. Good question!

Offline sabertooth

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 26, 2014, 07:31:50 am »
I prefer suet, especially from sheep. Cow suet seems more waxy and less melt in your mouth good than the sheep suet I get. I also pull off the stomach and intestinal lining fat that most butchers throw out and which I believe is even better than kidney suet or back fat.

I can only eat so much back fat before losing my taste for it , but I always make sure to eat every ounce of suet on the sheep I butcher.
A man who makes a beast of himself, forgets the pain of being a man.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk