Author Topic: Larry's Journal  (Read 16145 times)

Offline Löwenherz

• Chief
    • View Profile
Re: Larry's Journal
« Reply #25 on: May 03, 2011, 04:44:34 am »
For what it's worth, even grass fed animals eat some grain.  Wild grasses and herbs go to seed at different times of the year, and when cows (or deer, or bison, etc.) graze they eat the whole thing, leaves, stems and seeds.  When we make a grass-fed versus grain-fed distinction, we're plotting a point in a gray area between these two extremes.  Unless you buy factory farmed meat, which might be entirely grain fed.

Even if NOT adressing factory farmed meats, the amounts of grains you are talking about are completely incomparable.

Löwenherz

Offline MoonStalkeR

• Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 04, 2011, 08:27:33 am »
Larry, since you ate predominantly sirloin and skirt, I have one question - did you chew the meat or wolf it down?

Offline larrymagee

• Egg Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 04, 2011, 11:16:41 am »
MoonStalker - I chewed it.

Offline Haai

• Shaman
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 04, 2011, 06:17:54 pm »
1 whole raw egg every half hour no upper limit.

Are the eggs you eat just organic from the supermarket or are they pastured? I havn't eaten eggs in a long time and I'm thinking of introducing them into my diet again, but I'm pretty sure all the eggs from the supermarket, even the organic and/or free-range ones, are from hens that have been eating pretty much nothing but grain.
"In the modern, prevailing view of the cosmos, we sit here as tiny, unimportant specks of protoplasm, flukes of nature, and stare out into an almost limitless void. Vast, nameless tracts of emptiness dominate the scene. Talk about feeling small.
But we do not look out at the universe; it is, instead, within us, as a rich 3-D visual experience whose location is the mind" - R. Lanza, Beyond Biocentrism.

Offline HIT_it_RAW

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 04, 2011, 07:09:22 pm »
Are the eggs you eat just organic from the supermarket or are they pastured? I havn't eaten eggs in a long time and I'm thinking of introducing them into my diet again, but I'm pretty sure all the eggs from the supermarket, even the organic and/or free-range ones, are from hens that have been eating pretty much nothing but grain.
I eat the organic eggs from Albert Hein. Feel good to me. They probably eat grains but chickens eat some grains in their natural diet so I'm not to worried about it. Off course it would be better to eat eggs from wild birds or free roaming chicken. We could go hunt some wild swan-eggs if you dare.
“A man should be able to build a house, butcher a hog, tan the hide,
preserve the meat, deliver a baby, nurture the sick and reassure the dying, fight a war … specialization is for insects.”

Offline Haai

• Shaman
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: May 04, 2011, 07:29:11 pm »
Wild swan eggs sound nice! I bet swan meat is delicious too.
"In the modern, prevailing view of the cosmos, we sit here as tiny, unimportant specks of protoplasm, flukes of nature, and stare out into an almost limitless void. Vast, nameless tracts of emptiness dominate the scene. Talk about feeling small.
But we do not look out at the universe; it is, instead, within us, as a rich 3-D visual experience whose location is the mind" - R. Lanza, Beyond Biocentrism.

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #31 on: May 04, 2011, 07:39:20 pm »
Wild swan eggs sound nice! I bet swan meat is delicious too.
  In the UK, swans are protected by the Crown, I'm afraid.
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline HIT_it_RAW

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 04, 2011, 07:40:52 pm »
I had swanmeat ones cooked wash delish.... bring out the bow and arrow. Seriously though patrolling a few river beds may suply some rather nice duck eggs. I saw some wild kieviet-eggs at ah around easter at €3 for 6 tiny eggs. Thought them to be a bit expensive back than regret that somewhat now..
preserve the meat, deliver a baby, nurture the sick and reassure the dying, fight a war … specialization is for insects.”

Offline HIT_it_RAW

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 04, 2011, 07:41:44 pm »
luckily our royalties don't protect them....
« Last Edit: May 04, 2011, 07:42:30 pm by TylerDurden »

Offline Haai

• Shaman
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 04, 2011, 07:51:48 pm »
There's a hell of a lot of wild geese in NL too

Offline HIT_it_RAW

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 04, 2011, 07:55:35 pm »
There's a hell of a lot of wild geese in NL too
That's right! maybe we should go hunt some eggs someday? Goose lay their eggs in nl between march and june. Ducks feb-aug.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2011, 10:30:24 pm by TylerDurden »

Offline Haai

• Shaman
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 04, 2011, 08:47:54 pm »
That's right! maybe we should go hunt some eggs someday? Goose lay there eggs in nl between march and june. Ducks feb-aug.

Sounds like a good plan!

Offline Löwenherz

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: May 05, 2011, 02:11:33 am »
Sounds like a good plan!

Hehe.

I'm pretty sure that there are enough people in NL who don't like yours ideas...

Löwenherz

Offline HIT_it_RAW

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: May 05, 2011, 02:17:54 am »
yup me too  ;D  -d

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk