Author Topic: Honey for longevity...  (Read 13169 times)

Offline laterade

• Chief
    • View Profile
Honey for longevity...
« on: May 12, 2011, 05:11:47 am »
There are some bold claims in this article.
What do you all think?

http://www.honey-health.com/honey-13.shtml
Thomas Carn, according to the parish register of the church of St. Leonard, Shoreditch, died on January 28, 1588, aged 207 years. He was born under the reign of Richard II (1381 A.D.) and lived through the reigns of twelve kings and queens of England.

Thomas Parr, a native of Shropshire, died on the 16th day of November, 1635, at the age of 152. There is a story about Parr that he was asked by his sovereign Charles I. what he had done in his long life that other people could not accomplish. He answered that the Church had ordered him, when he was 102, to do penance. Thomas Parr at that age fell in love with Catherine Milton and had a child by her. Later, at the age of 12o, he married a widow. Shortly before his death Parr was invited to London by the Earl of Arundel, where he was introduced to his monarch and royally feasted. The rich food he indulged in, did not agree with him and he died soon after-ward. An autopsy was performed which revealed a congestion (plethora) of his viscera, otherwise the doctor who made the postmortem found his internal organs in perfect condition and believed that Parr could have lived for many more years if it had not been for his visit to London. Parr's maxim was, to keep one's head cool by temperance and the feet warm by exercise; to go to bed early and to rise early; and if one were inclined to become fat, he should keep his eyes open and his mouth shut. Parr's grandfather, a native of Bedfordshire, died in his 100th year. At the age of 85, he had a complete set of new teeth and his snowy hair became darker (Philosophical Transactions, Vol. XXIII). It was recorded of Parr that he was very fond of metheglin (honey wine).

Henry Jenkins, a native of Yorkshire, lived to the age of 169 years and died on the 8th day of December, 1670, as a result of a chill. It is said about Fisherman Jenkins that shortly be-fore his death he was still swimming like a fish. He left one son 102 and another 100 years old.

Catherine, the Countess of Desmond, died in Ireland in 1612 and saw her 148th year. She renewed her teeth thrice during her life, according to Lord Bacon.

Thomas Damme died in 1648 at the age of 154.

James Bowels, aged 152, lived in Killingworth and died on the 15th day of August, 1656.

Mr. Eccleston, a native of Ireland, lived to the age of 143, died in the year 1691.

Peter Torton died in 1724 at the age of 185.

John Ronsey, Esq., of the island of Distrey, Scotland, died in 1738, aged 137. He had a son one hundred years old, who inherited his estate.

Margaret Patten, a Scotch woman, died in 1739 at the age of 137. Colonel Thomas Winsloe, a native of Ireland, aged 146, died on the 22nd day of August, 1766.

Francis Consist, a native of Yorkshire, aged 150, died January, 1768.

William Ellis, of Liverpool, died on the 16th day of August, 178o, at the age of 130.

Kentigern, the Bishop of Glasgow, called also St. Monagh, lived to the age of 185, which is certified on his monument, erected in 1781.

Margaret Foster, aged 136, and her daughter, aged 104, natives of Cumberland, were both alive in the year 1771.

John Mount, a native of Scotland, who saw his 136th year, died on the 27th day of February, 1776.

William Evans, of Carnarvon, aged 145, still existed in 1782. Dumiter Radaloy, aged 140, who lived in Harmenstead, died on the 16th day of January, 1782.

Sir Owen of Scotland died at the age of 124; he left a natural son, born to him when he was 98. Sir Owen lived on milk, honey, vegetables, water and wine, and during the last year of his life he walked 74 miles in 6 days.

Peter Garden, a Scotchman, died at the age of 131. He was a tall and lean person and kept the appearance of the freshness of youth until his very end.

John Taylor, a Scotch miner, lived to 132; always smoked and kept his teeth sound until his death.

James Sands, an Englishman of the sixteenth century, died when 140; his wife, at the age of 120.

Lawrence Hutland, of the Orkney Islands, reached the age of 170.

Almost all these people came from a low station of life, except the Countess of Desmond. Their diets were, without exception, moderate, and in some instances, abstemious. Sir William Temple (the author of Health and Long Life), who also reached an old age, remarked, with respect to moderation in alcoholic drinks, "The first glass I drink for myself; the second for my friends; the third for good humor; and the fourth for my enemies." Sir William thought that "health and long life are usually the blessings of the poor." With regard to the influence of sex functions on longevity, it is remarkable that most men who reached an extreme age were "much" married and at a very late period of their lives. De Longueville, who lived to the age of 110, had ten wives and married again when 99. He had a son when he was roi years old. Great corporeal strength, acquired by labor or athletics, does not favor longevity. Few people with great physical prowess arrive at a great age.

Offline Josh

• Chief
    • View Profile
Re: Honey for longevity...
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2011, 05:25:52 am »
Noones ever lived to those ages.

Offline CHK91

• Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2011, 05:31:34 am »

No way.
All I want is the truth... Just gimme some truth.
"I wanna be the minority."

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
  • Geek Healer Truth Seeker Pro-Natal Pro-Life
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2011, 06:31:17 am »

Yes they do.

There are always exceptional people.

Just as there are exceptional athletes who are able to do what we normal people cannot do.

---------

I recently made 2 road trips to the northern provinces and have a cache of different of raw honeys and enjoying them for raising metabolism.  Honey seems better carbs for me, no sugar spikes and crashes felt... unlike if I eat bananas...
« Last Edit: May 12, 2011, 06:54:16 am by goodsamaritan »
Linux Geek, Web Developer, Email Provider, Businessman, Engineer, REAL Free Healer, Pro-Life, Pro-Family, Truther, Ripple-XRP Fan

I'm the network administrator.
My business: Website Dev & Hosting and Email Server Provider,
My blogs: Cure Manual, My Health Blog, Eczema Cure & Psoriasis Cure

Offline laterade

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2011, 07:04:50 am »
So sayeth the people of Guinness, BOWR.
No real reason to believe them, perhaps it's true.

I recently made 2 road trips to the northern provinces and have a cache of different of raw honeys and enjoying them for raising metabolism.  Honey seems better carbs for me, no sugar spikes and crashes felt... unlike if I eat bananas...
I feel the same way. Honey mead has been even better for the past week and a half.

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
« Reply #5 on: May 12, 2011, 08:25:46 am »
Linux Geek, Web Developer, Email Provider, Businessman, Engineer, REAL Free Healer, Pro-Life, Pro-Family, Truther, Ripple-XRP Fan

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
« Reply #6 on: May 12, 2011, 04:18:45 pm »
What do you all think?

http://www.honey-health.com/honey-13.shtml

I thank you, thank you, thank you for this article.
Longevity is one of my life goals.
Lately I've been expecting 120 years old, but the more I get into raw paleo diet, I'm thinking 150.
My kids should reach beyond 150.

Although I will need the inputs of the long time instinctos here.

Offline HIT_it_RAW

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 12, 2011, 08:50:27 pm »
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/worldnews/article-1164503/Is-woman-really-old-LIGHT-BULB-Oldest-person-world-set-celebrate-130th-birthday.html

http://www.thedominican.net/articles/pampo.htm

There are many claims of people getting (close) to 130 that seem valid. So it seems 130 is possible. But these are still people on regular cooked diets so maybe on rpd we could go beyond 130. When I turned 20 I said: I will be a teenager again in fact an hundred-and-teenager. I think RPD give me the best shot. Probably instincto would be the best way to go but for now I can't hear my instincts speaking to my bacause of the screeming voices of addiction.
“A man should be able to build a house, butcher a hog, tan the hide,
preserve the meat, deliver a baby, nurture the sick and reassure the dying, fight a war … specialization is for insects.”

Offline HIT_it_RAW

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 12, 2011, 09:27:21 pm »
Hendrikje van Andel-Schipper is the oldest living person in the netherlands. She is currently the 2nd oldest living (verified) person.

I found this:
Hendrikje van Andel-Schipper had stated that the secret to her longevity was a serving of herring every day and drinking orange juice.

Herring is in the nl almost exclusively eaten raw (with raw onion). One af the very few classic raw paleo dishes in our culture.
“A man should be able to build a house, butcher a hog, tan the hide,
preserve the meat, deliver a baby, nurture the sick and reassure the dying, fight a war … specialization is for insects.”

Offline raw-al

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 13, 2011, 01:04:47 am »
I recently wrote about honey in my blog

http://www.myhealthblog.org/2011/05/11/raw-wild-honey-in-ifugao-rare-and-expensive/

Thanks GS,
Very interesting.
I have no problem believing that. It makes sense that if the bees choose their own hive location without human intervention it would be a superior honey. They would also be using wild plants for foraging, which would also be bonus as you would be getting a wide array of plants that were grown in their natural habitat.

Plants which grow spontaneously in nature do so because the spot is well suited for their immune systems and so are of superior quality than those which are grown in places convenient for humans. Superior in the sense that they are normal for species, not modified for our purposes.

Ayurvedic herbalists will pick their herbs in that way. The superior herbalists get them in the forest etc. Not the big companies like Himalaya, which are farms from what I can gather. (no pun intended)
Cheers
Al

Offline laterade

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 13, 2011, 02:02:08 am »
I thank you, thank you, thank you for this article.
Longevity is one of my life goals.
Lately I've been expecting 120 years old, but the more I get into raw paleo diet, I'm thinking 150.
My kids should reach beyond 150.

Although I will need the inputs of the long time instinctos here.
It is my pleasure, I would love living to 150 with all of my teeth also. Seems like such an attractive challenge, yet so simple in practice. Maybe the honeywine is right for you also, good way to extract so much more from food. Very relaxing for me, and I feel like it helps digest my meat even more efficiently.

Offline Löwenherz

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 14, 2011, 08:38:28 pm »
What do you all think?

I love such articles!

For me the coconut is the best rejuvenating superfood. Coconuts should make 900 years possible.  :)

Löwenherz

Offline PaleoPhil

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Mad scientist (not into blind Paleo re-enactment)
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 15, 2011, 06:57:41 am »
Aye, I'm 450 years old already. Half way there!
>"When some one eats an Epi paleo Rx template and follows the rules of circadian biology they get plenty of starches when they are available three out of the four seasons." -Jack Kruse, MD
>"I recommend 20 percent of calories from carbs, depending on the size of the person" -Ron Rosedale, MD (in other words, NOT zero carbs) http://preview.tinyurl.com/6ogtan
>Finding a diet you can tolerate is not the same as fixing what's wrong. -Tim Steele
Beware of problems from chronic Very Low Carb

Offline Techydude

• Shaman
  • The barefoot raw paleo nudist intactivist naturale
    • View Profile
    • Genital integrity through regenerative medicine
« Reply #13 on: May 15, 2011, 08:45:37 am »
I recently wrote about honey in my blog

http://www.myhealthblog.org/2011/05/11/raw-wild-honey-in-ifugao-rare-and-expensive/

Love your article GS. I have some questions:
1) Is it possible to get raw wild honey in the united states?
2) Could you harvest raw wild honey yourself from like a forest or area or something like during the rain and maybe with some smoke like i've seen in Papau New Guinea?
3) Can you buy it, or even if fresh online or somewhere?

Offline laterade

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 15, 2011, 11:54:45 am »
Techydude... you should be able to find wildflower in most areas, which is cultivated bees brought to wild flowers. For wild bees and wild flowers you will probably have to go hunting.

Offline Löwenherz

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: May 15, 2011, 04:28:39 pm »
Aye, I'm 450 years old already. Half way there!

Oh, very good! How did you solve the problems with passport controls etc.?

I myself use new id cards and passports every 40-50 years. And it's a pity that all the girls pass away so quickly, isn't it?

Löwenherz

Offline Iguana

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Eating tuna fish
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 15, 2011, 07:46:29 pm »
LOL !  ;D

At the age of 85, he had a complete set of new teeth and his snowy hair became darker (Philosophical Transactions, Vol. XXIII). It was recorded of Parr that he was very fond of metheglin (honey wine).

Catherine, the Countess of Desmond, died in Ireland in 1612 and saw her 148th year. She renewed her teeth thrice during her life, according to Lord Bacon.

From the whole article:
A peasant of Bengal, named Numas de Cugna, is alleged to have reached the age of 370 years. He died in 1566. Cugna grew four new sets of teeth and the color of his hair frequently changed from gray to black and the reverse. Roger Bacon refers to Papalius, of German origin, a prisoner of the Saracens, who lived to 500 years

Yeah, no wonder about it: my car also gets a complete set of new tires every few years.  ;D
Cause and effect are distant in time and space in complex systems, while at the same time there’s a tendency to look for causes near the events sought to be explained. Time delays in feedback in systems result in the condition where the long-run response of a system to an action is often different from its short-run response. — Ronald J. Ziegler

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
« Reply #17 on: May 15, 2011, 07:56:56 pm »
For me the coconut is the best rejuvenating superfood. Coconuts should make 900 years possible.  :)

Coconut is such a common food for me.  That thought never crossed my mind.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2011, 08:02:44 pm by TylerDurden »

Offline Techydude

• Shaman
  • The barefoot raw paleo nudist intactivist naturale
    • View Profile
    • Genital integrity through regenerative medicine
« Reply #18 on: May 15, 2011, 08:51:18 pm »
Techydude... you should be able to find wildflower in most areas, which is cultivated bees brought to wild flowers. For wild bees and wild flowers you will probably have to go hunting.

You mean wildflower honey sold in stores, or go find bees around wildflower and try to collect the honey myself o_o. But i'd be up for a fun wild bee hunting trip, wherever they are...

Offline PaleoPhil

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Mad scientist (not into blind Paleo re-enactment)
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 15, 2011, 10:08:29 pm »
Oh, very good! How did you solve the problems with passport controls etc.?

I myself use new id cards and passports every 40-50 years.
Same here.

And it's a pity that all the girls pass away so quickly, isn't it?
Yes and most of them can't handle my stamina and vigor. I stick to girls under 30 with strong backs who don't break easily.

30 coconuts a day keeps me going. I call it 30CAD. ;)
>"When some one eats an Epi paleo Rx template and follows the rules of circadian biology they get plenty of starches when they are available three out of the four seasons." -Jack Kruse, MD
>"I recommend 20 percent of calories from carbs, depending on the size of the person" -Ron Rosedale, MD (in other words, NOT zero carbs) http://preview.tinyurl.com/6ogtan
>Finding a diet you can tolerate is not the same as fixing what's wrong. -Tim Steele
Beware of problems from chronic Very Low Carb

Offline laterade

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 15, 2011, 11:12:26 pm »
You mean wildflower honey sold in stores, or go find bees around wildflower and try to collect the honey myself o_o. But i'd be up for a fun wild bee hunting trip, wherever they are...
Both options are possible!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk