Author Topic: Salt, Do you eat it? How much?  (Read 10286 times)

Offline Max

• Bear Hunter
    • View Profile
Salt, Do you eat it? How much?
« on: May 31, 2011, 07:45:58 am »
I was wondering who eats salt and who doesn't, and how much you each eat?  Also is there anyone who hasn't eaten salt for years and had no bad effects?
"The strong white teeth sank into the raw and dripping flesh in apparent relish of the meal, but Clayton could not bring himself to share the uncooked meat with his strange host; instead he watched him, and presently there dawned upon him the conviction that this was Tarzan of the Apes....." - Edgar Rice Burroughs, 'Tarzan of the Apes'

Offline raw

• Mammoth Hunter
  • country chickens and lambs and wild bugs
    • View Profile
Re: Salt, Do you eat it? How much?
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2011, 11:09:14 am »
I was salt addict before my RPD . My mom's side entire family eat a lot of salt . They always die early,heart problem, their hair turn gray earlier, "Hot Temper"...and it goes on and on. My self, I never see the advantage of eating salt. Don't mind to drink fresh young coconut water which is already salty or celery juice. The best thing is raw red meat and fresh blood  already has salt in it. Why you bother to supplement with that stupid salt? How many people in this forum eats every organ after killing a grass-fed cow?

It took me a day to completely stop eating salt. My hair stops graying now and I feel 100% better. NO, I DON'T EAT SALT -v
« Last Edit: May 31, 2011, 01:55:23 pm by TylerDurden »
bugs or country chickens

Offline Max

• Bear Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2011, 12:55:44 pm »
Interesting.  Do you think one can get all the minerals and whatever other 'essential stuff' that salt has from raw grassfed beef and organs? (no blood)
"The strong white teeth sank into the raw and dripping flesh in apparent relish of the meal, but Clayton could not bring himself to share the uncooked meat with his strange host; instead he watched him, and presently there dawned upon him the conviction that this was Tarzan of the Apes....." - Edgar Rice Burroughs, 'Tarzan of the Apes'

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2011, 01:56:16 pm »
I got a nasty reaction to salt after consuming it very early in the diet. I have only used it a few times during my 5th year or so in the diet, not since. Foul stuff, and totally unnecessary.
« Last Edit: June 01, 2011, 03:49:19 pm by TylerDurden »
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline Max

• Bear Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2011, 02:51:58 pm »
Thank for the response Tyler.

I was wondering as well what some zero carbers on this forum think of salt?

Offline raw-al

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 13, 2011, 01:54:53 am »
Salt is bad news to me. I get the bad reactions others have mentioned. I don't think I have eaten it intentionally more than a few times in my life.

Meat contains it naturally.

Some people may require it in their diet. You know who you are. If not then give it up for a month and see what happens.
Cheers
Al

Offline djr_81

• Hakuna Matata
  • Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
« Reply #6 on: June 14, 2011, 03:49:31 am »
I dash a bit of sea salt on my meat. I do seem to do better with a bit in my diet (it must be a scant 1/4 teaspoon on the heaviest days). I'm RZC.
https://www.facebook.com/djr1981
As you simplify your life, the laws of the universe will be simpler; solitude will not be solitude, poverty will not be poverty, nor weakness weakness.
-Henry David Thoreau

Offline Iguana

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Eating tuna fish
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 14, 2011, 03:26:56 pm »
When eating seaweed, oysters and shellfish we get enough salt (and iodine). We can also drink a bit of seawater sometimes.
Cause and effect are distant in time and space in complex systems, while at the same time there’s a tendency to look for causes near the events sought to be explained. Time delays in feedback in systems result in the condition where the long-run response of a system to an action is often different from its short-run response. — Ronald J. Ziegler

Offline klowcarb

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 22, 2011, 10:28:00 pm »
Love sea salt.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk