Author Topic: Wine!  (Read 2997 times)

CitrusHigh

Wine!
« on: June 28, 2011, 09:35:43 am »
For those of you who enjoy the wonderful array of flavors from wine, please discuss all things wine here! Anything goes.

I just picked up Stellar Vineyard's Pinotage which is from Trawal, South Africa! I'm going to wait until my girlfriend gets back from her trip to try it, but it was recommended by one of my raw milk customers, and is organic, fair trade and has no added sulphites.

Has anyone tried it? Or has anyone experience with good pinotages? Recommendations for pairing?

Thanks!

Offline Haai

• Shaman
    • View Profile
Re: Wine!
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2011, 02:36:43 pm »
I've tried the stellar no sulphite added cabernet sauvignon and their merlot. I personally prefer the cabernet sauvignon out of the two.

What's the consensus on sulphites by the way? I've been trying to avoid wines that have added sulphites, but it aint easy to find wines with no added sulphites, especially ones at a reasonable price. I know sulphites naturally occur in wines at low levels, so do you think it's a problem to ingest a bit extra?

The reason i'm interested in wine is because I like it ofcourse, but I've been checking out the "Blue Zones" recently and one of these zones is Sardinie where they happen to drink a lot of wine.
"In the modern, prevailing view of the cosmos, we sit here as tiny, unimportant specks of protoplasm, flukes of nature, and stare out into an almost limitless void. Vast, nameless tracts of emptiness dominate the scene. Talk about feeling small.
But we do not look out at the universe; it is, instead, within us, as a rich 3-D visual experience whose location is the mind" - R. Lanza, Beyond Biocentrism.

Offline raw-al

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2011, 10:22:12 pm »
Is wine all pasteurized nowadays?
Cheers
Al

Offline Haai

• Shaman
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2011, 02:43:56 am »
Not in Europe. Not sure about the rest of the world.
"In the modern, prevailing view of the cosmos, we sit here as tiny, unimportant specks of protoplasm, flukes of nature, and stare out into an almost limitless void. Vast, nameless tracts of emptiness dominate the scene. Talk about feeling small.
But we do not look out at the universe; it is, instead, within us, as a rich 3-D visual experience whose location is the mind" - R. Lanza, Beyond Biocentrism.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk