Author Topic: Clay  (Read 31306 times)

Offline raw-al

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
Clay
« on: July 12, 2011, 12:33:58 am »
I periodically hear people discuss eating clay for health reasons.

What's the story on it?
Cheers
Al

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
Re: Clay
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2011, 12:39:18 am »
It's a known detoxifier, often used by wild animals to nullify the effects of ingested poisons.

I used it but it only initiated a sudden detox the first time. After that, it seemed to be ineffective, but then I only ate edible clay after 2 or 3 years on this diet. I'm sure I would have speeded up my healing if I'd tried the clay right at the start of the diet.
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline Haai

• Shaman
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2011, 01:28:55 am »
Is any particular clay recommended?
"In the modern, prevailing view of the cosmos, we sit here as tiny, unimportant specks of protoplasm, flukes of nature, and stare out into an almost limitless void. Vast, nameless tracts of emptiness dominate the scene. Talk about feeling small.
But we do not look out at the universe; it is, instead, within us, as a rich 3-D visual experience whose location is the mind" - R. Lanza, Beyond Biocentrism.

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2011, 01:55:11 am »
Is any particular clay recommended?
Edible french green clay is usually most recommended, with bentonite/azomite usually recommended against, as I recall.
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline Wolf

• Chief
  • Grawr.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2011, 09:56:50 am »
I've been curious about this too.. Where do you find edible clay?  would it be in my regular organics store?  Or do I have to search at some special store?  Or can you only get it online or something?

and can you eat it for other health problems, other than poison?  and which sort of health problems?  or is it just a plain detox?
Hi, I'm 32, around 5'4" and ~124lb, no real significant health problems other than hyperventilating when running/exercising (that my doc said was because of the smog/asthma), fatigue, and really bad acne.
I'd preferably be a carnivore/very low carb, but I have had a very hard time finding grass-fed or even organic fats, organs, and marrow. I consume raw dairy, but I do not eat much vegetables.. however, I do love fruit.
I live with my dad, so I also have to sneak any raw meat eating.

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
  • Geek Healer Truth Seeker Pro-Natal Pro-Life
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2011, 10:01:03 am »
Please post links to something sold on amazon or ebay or health food store of this edible clay.
Linux Geek, Web Developer, Email Provider, Businessman, Engineer, REAL Free Healer, Pro-Life, Pro-Family, Truther, Ripple-XRP Fan

I'm the network administrator.
My business: Website Dev & Hosting and Email Server Provider,
My blogs: Cure Manual, My Health Blog, Eczema Cure & Psoriasis Cure

Offline Techydude

• Shaman
  • The barefoot raw paleo nudist intactivist naturale
    • View Profile
    • Genital integrity through regenerative medicine
« Reply #6 on: July 12, 2011, 10:18:39 am »
Edible french green clay is usually most recommended, with bentonite/azomite usually recommended against, as I recall.

What's wrong with bentonite/azomite clays? Curious. The green clays happen to be bentonite vvvv

Green clays edible clay purchase site everyone: http://www.greenclays.com/
http://www.greenclays.com/clay-supplements.php

Offline RawZi

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Need I say more?
    • View Profile
    • my twitter
« Reply #7 on: July 12, 2011, 10:29:09 am »
Please post links to something sold on amazon ... edible clay.

Terramin is supposed to be calcium and raw rather than sodium and heated.  This one is probably good http://www.amazon.com/Ion-Charged-Terramin-Supplement-2-Pounds/dp/B003FCYVOG
"Genuine truth angers people in general because they don't know what to do with the energy generated by a glimpse of reality." Greg W. Goodwin

Offline Techydude

• Shaman
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 12, 2011, 01:34:14 pm »
   Terramin is supposed to be calcium and raw rather than sodium and heated.  This one is probably good http://www.amazon.com/Ion-Charged-Terramin-Supplement-2-Pounds/dp/B003FCYVOG

Do they have it in the form of the clay itself instead of a pill like bentonite?

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #9 on: July 12, 2011, 02:38:39 pm »
What's wrong with bentonite/azomite clays? Curious. The green clays happen to be bentonite vvvv

Green clays edible clay purchase site everyone: http://www.greenclays.com/
http://www.greenclays.com/clay-supplements.php
I'm only quoting AV's stuff vaguely from memory. Maybe the bentonite was fine, I just recall that edible french green clay was always recommended over others.
" Ron Paul.

Offline Techydude

• Shaman
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 12, 2011, 02:54:09 pm »
French Green Clay: Found it in its whole form to buy on this site: http://www.frenchclayforall.com/contact.html

Their guarantee: "100 % NATURAL
GUARANTEED
SUN DRIED
PRESERVATIVE FREE
NON-IONIZED
NOT TESTED
ON ANIMALS

CLAY IS NOT JUST ANOTHER REMEDY.

IT IS A "MODE DE VIE" TO AVOID REMEDIES.

WATCH ANIMALS!

THEY EAT IT, ROLL IN IT
 TO PROTECT AND HEAL THEMSELVES..."

Question: Is Sun Dried okay since that does constitute a form of heating...

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #11 on: July 12, 2011, 04:36:27 pm »
Sun-dried is still raw.
" Ron Paul.

Offline Haai

• Shaman
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 12, 2011, 06:19:26 pm »
Eating clay/soil/earth is apparently known as geophagy and is widespread in primates and many other animals and is quite common in humans, especially in tropical regions.

http://medicalxpress.com/news/2011-06-animals-humans-clay-toxins.html

http://www.euprim-net.eu/network/courses/downloads/presentations/course6/7_heymann.pdf
"In the modern, prevailing view of the cosmos, we sit here as tiny, unimportant specks of protoplasm, flukes of nature, and stare out into an almost limitless void. Vast, nameless tracts of emptiness dominate the scene. Talk about feeling small.
But we do not look out at the universe; it is, instead, within us, as a rich 3-D visual experience whose location is the mind" - R. Lanza, Beyond Biocentrism.

Offline Techydude

• Shaman
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 12, 2011, 06:53:03 pm »
Can anyone post their online sources of edible clay(not pill form) to buy online?

Offline RawZi

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Need I say more?
    • View Profile
    • my twitter
« Reply #14 on: July 12, 2011, 07:45:34 pm »
Do they have it in the form of the clay itself instead of a pill like bentonite?

I tried bentonite once, about twenty years ago or more.  Actually over 22 years ago is when I tried it.  If I remember, it was a liquid.

If you click the link, I believe it likes to a container of powder to buy.  There are other links from there to tablets.

If I'm not incorrect, when someone says bentonite, they mean the sodium based cooked bentonite.  When it's written as terramin, it's the calcium based raw bentonite.  I hope that helps.
"Genuine truth angers people in general because they don't know what to do with the energy generated by a glimpse of reality." Greg W. Goodwin

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
  • Geek Healer Truth Seeker Pro-Natal Pro-Life
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
« Reply #15 on: July 12, 2011, 07:48:16 pm »
If we have been raw paleo dieters for quite some time, when would we need to consume clay?  And how much?  Your guidelines to consuming clay?
Linux Geek, Web Developer, Email Provider, Businessman, Engineer, REAL Free Healer, Pro-Life, Pro-Family, Truther, Ripple-XRP Fan

I'm the network administrator.
My business: Website Dev & Hosting and Email Server Provider,
My blogs: Cure Manual, My Health Blog, Eczema Cure & Psoriasis Cure

Offline cliff

• Bear Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 12, 2011, 07:53:29 pm »
I've been wanting to try this ever since I heard daniel vitalis talking about it.  I read on one site that clay makes a very good substitute for toothpaste and that it cures gum disease.  I think daniel vitalis brushes his teeth with the clay and then swallows it.

Offline Techydude

• Shaman
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 12, 2011, 08:50:32 pm »
    I tried bentonite once, about twenty years ago or more.  Actually over 22 years ago is when I tried it.  If I remember, it was a liquid.

If you click the link, I believe it likes to a container of powder to buy.  There are other links from there to tablets.

If I'm not incorrect, when someone says bentonite, they mean the sodium based cooked bentonite.  When it's written as terramin, it's the calcium based raw bentonite.  I hope that helps.

Thanks for clearing that up I was confused lol.

This link you posted? : http://www.amazon.com/Ion-Charged-Terramin-Supplement-2-Pounds/dp/B003FCYVOG

I only see the pill bottle thingy

Offline RawZi

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Need I say more?
    • View Profile
    • my twitter
« Reply #18 on: July 13, 2011, 12:03:12 am »
Thanks for clearing that up I was confused lol.

This link you posted? : http://www.amazon.com/Ion-Charged-Terramin-Supplement-2-Pounds/dp/B003FCYVOG

I only see the pill bottle thingy

Click the "zoom+" to enlarge the picture.  It reads "powder"  and it doesn't read "pill"  or "tablet".

If you want pills or tablets then click this link http://www.amazon.com/Terramin-Montmorillonite-Clay-Tablets-120/dp/B001DYYLC0/ref=sr_1_1?s=hpc&ie=UTF8&qid=1310486394&sr=1-1 instead.

Offline Techydude

• Shaman
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 13, 2011, 01:11:15 am »
Oh thanks again derf I must be tired. Assumed it was a pill.

Will add this to my bookmarks of clays to buy  :)

Offline Wolf

• Chief
  • Grawr.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 13, 2011, 01:54:47 am »
That frenchclayforall looks a lot better than the stuff on amazon.. so expensive, though.  I wonder if it would help clear up my acne, though.
Hi, I'm 32, around 5'4" and ~124lb, no real significant health problems other than hyperventilating when running/exercising (that my doc said was because of the smog/asthma), fatigue, and really bad acne.
I'd preferably be a carnivore/very low carb, but I have had a very hard time finding grass-fed or even organic fats, organs, and marrow. I consume raw dairy, but I do not eat much vegetables.. however, I do love fruit.
I live with my dad, so I also have to sneak any raw meat eating.

Offline RawZi

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Need I say more?
    • View Profile
    • my twitter
« Reply #21 on: July 14, 2011, 11:51:01 am »
That frenchclayforall looks a lot better than the stuff on amazon.. so expensive, though.  I wonder if it would help clear up my acne, though.

All my life up till I was in my thirties the only soap I could use on my skin without making skin problems was french clay.  Also, the first clay I brushed my teeth with was french clay.  It was good. I had bad acne too, and this soap was helpful and good for my complexion.  

I haven't used the amazon brand, but I have used a few terramins, and they work very well.

Offline raw-al

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 14, 2011, 08:18:06 pm »
Sooooo can I go collect some clay and eat it ?

I know where there is some clay. Matter of fact it's everywhere. Is there any difference?
Cheers
Al

Offline KD

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 14, 2011, 11:08:00 pm »
Sooooo can I go collect some clay and eat it ?

I know where there is some clay. Matter of fact it's everywhere. Is there any difference?

Well in theory you can collect water just about everywhere. Same idea more or less. Most of the clays like expensive salts are from 'special' places with various properties and ideally away from the higher concentrations of environmental pollution.  

I use the terramin powder for teeth. Never throught about swallowing that mixture...

Offline RawZi

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Need I say more?
    • View Profile
    • my twitter
« Reply #24 on: July 15, 2011, 07:58:51 pm »
I use the terramin powder for teeth. Never throught about swallowing that mixture...

I hydrate the terramin powder with mineral water or raw milk and drink it.  I think if you mix it with honey and eat it, it may do you harm.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk