Author Topic: How do you infect yourself with hookworms for free?  (Read 3637 times)

Offline Techydude

• Shaman
  • The barefoot raw paleo nudist intactivist naturale
    • View Profile
    • Genital integrity through regenerative medicine
How do you infect yourself with hookworms for free?
« on: August 10, 2011, 05:26:24 am »
I do not want to be told to look for an alternative, told don't do this, this is risky, etc.

On helminthic worm therapy(expensive [$1,000+]and as i've read the different parasites last from a few weeks/months-years/a long time)

The hookworms topic prior to this didn't shed much light.

How can one infect themselves with hookworms, specifically in the US without seeking the help of a helminthic therapy program. Ie infecting yourself walking barefoot, consuming animal intestine, etc. What are ways one can infect themselves for free with hookwork?

Furthermore, are there a list of locations in the US of areas high in hookworm infestation?

Offline PaleoPhil

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Mad scientist (not into blind Paleo re-enactment)
    • View Profile
Re: How do you infect yourself with hookworms for free?
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2011, 06:38:55 am »
Hookworm used to spread in the Southern US via people walking barefoot around latrines. Then scientists learned that if the latrines were dug deeper to a certain depth it would irradicate the hookworms. Hookworms have been scarce to nonexistent in the US ever since. Jaspar Lawrence, the first person to sell hookworms, as I understand it, traveled to Africa to get hookworms, which I think was reported at this forum, but that ain't free, of course. I suppose you could try asking a pig farmer to save some if one of his pigs gets any.

If they were super easy to get for free, people wouldn't spend $1000+ for them.
>"When some one eats an Epi paleo Rx template and follows the rules of circadian biology they get plenty of starches when they are available three out of the four seasons." -Jack Kruse, MD
>"I recommend 20 percent of calories from carbs, depending on the size of the person" -Ron Rosedale, MD (in other words, NOT zero carbs) http://preview.tinyurl.com/6ogtan
>Finding a diet you can tolerate is not the same as fixing what's wrong. -Tim Steele
Beware of problems from chronic Very Low Carb

Offline Josh

• Chief
    • View Profile

Offline magnetic

• Chief
    • View Profile
Re: How do you infect yourself with hookworms for free?
« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2011, 08:37:58 pm »
I do not want to be told to look for an alternative, told don't do this, this is risky, etc.

On helminthic worm therapy(expensive [$1,000+]and as i've read the different parasites last from a few weeks/months-years/a long time)

The hookworms topic prior to this didn't shed much light.

How can one infect themselves with hookworms, specifically in the US without seeking the help of a helminthic therapy program. Ie infecting yourself walking barefoot, consuming animal intestine, etc. What are ways one can infect themselves for free with hookwork?

Furthermore, are there a list of locations in the US of areas high in hookworm infestation?

Build a "latrine" in your backyard, get a bunch of people to use it, and walk around in the muck.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk