Author Topic: Ron Paul for President of the USA  (Read 228321 times)

Offline sabertooth

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
Re: Ron Paul for President of the USA
« Reply #100 on: September 03, 2011, 01:06:44 pm »
Then who's his Roscoe P. Coltrane?

ROFL

http://capitalistbanner.com/2010/10/25/fox-news-reports-on-jack-conway-drug-scandal/

Jack Conway, Attorney General.

The man who is suppose to investigate the corruption perpetrated by our own Governor Beshear is too busy trying to run for senate, as well as too involved in his own criminal activities to do his job.

Its a fact that our governor is more interested in lining the pockets of his political backers than he is in doing his job. Whats more incredible is that the local media is completely covering up the fact that he is doing a terrible job and the coverage he gets is almost entirely positive with no mention of the big money backers who run him.

(coincidentally Jack Conway was the establishments candidate aginst Rand Paul in the senate election)

« Last Edit: September 03, 2011, 01:13:44 pm by sabertooth »
A man who makes a beast of himself, forgets the pain of being a man.

Offline sabertooth

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: September 03, 2011, 01:58:01 pm »
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TzPFZukWYrc
Gatewood Galbraith author of "The last free man in America"

Ron Paul supporter

He was my Parents divorce lawyer, I went to school with his kids.

He is a real contender for Governor and an advocate for the average person.
« Last Edit: September 03, 2011, 02:19:00 pm by sabertooth »
A man who makes a beast of himself, forgets the pain of being a man.

Offline SkinnyDevil

• Chief
  • "...embrace your fear..."
    • View Profile
    • Skinny Devil Music Lab
« Reply #102 on: September 07, 2011, 09:34:52 pm »
I voted for Gatewood last time he ran!

Gatewood for Gov...Ron Paul for prez!

Oh yeah!
-
--
David M. McLean
Skinny Devil Music Lab
http://www.skinnydevil.com

Offline SkinnyDevil

• Chief
    • View Profile
    • Skinny Devil Music Lab
« Reply #103 on: September 08, 2011, 10:18:11 pm »
I saw the last 40 minutes or so of the republican debate last night. Interesting.....

I like Huntsman, too, but was wondering where Gary Johnson was. Still gotta back Ron Paul all the way, though. Would like to see a Paul/Huntsman or Paul/Johnson ticket....
-
--
David M. McLean
Skinny Devil Music Lab

Offline Raw Kyle

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: September 09, 2011, 10:03:55 am »
Huntsman? Seriously? I mean if you like everyone else Huntsman is ok, but I don't see him as even the closest to Paul of the bunch.

Offline SkinnyDevil

• Chief
    • View Profile
    • Skinny Devil Music Lab
« Reply #105 on: September 09, 2011, 11:06:51 pm »
I don't know where Hunstman stands on all the issues, but he was VERY successful as a governor (like Johnson, he took his state out of debt in record time, helped create jobs, cut taxes by record amounts, etc.), is extremely fiscally conservative, wants to bring the troops home, is socially moderate (more important, doesn't believe in mandating his personal positions by force of law), understands that border fences & "boots on the ground" is not ta viable solution to any problem, and has extensive experience both in the private sector and public sector (this guy worked under Reagan and has been a US ambassador).

Ron Paul is by far the better choice and Gary Johnson is good second. But coming up behind (though distant) is Huntsman, who is FAR ahead of the rest of the pack, in my view.
-
--
David M. McLean
Skinny Devil Music Lab

Offline PaleoPhil

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Mad scientist (not into blind Paleo re-enactment)
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: September 10, 2011, 05:30:29 am »
Huntsman? Seriously? I mean if you like everyone else Huntsman is ok, but I don't see him as even the closest to Paul of the bunch.
Huh? Isn't Huntsman libertarian-leaning (after all, he received a 'B' grade from the libertarian CATO institute http://libertarian-neocon.blogspot.com/2011/06/does-huntsman-have-shot-to-win-gop.html), like most Mormons have been reported to be (http://deadseriously.net/2009/02/18/are-mormons-really-libertarians/, except for the chamelion Mitt Romney, who will take whatever position will win him the most votes)?
>"When some one eats an Epi paleo Rx template and follows the rules of circadian biology they get plenty of starches when they are available three out of the four seasons." -Jack Kruse, MD
>"I recommend 20 percent of calories from carbs, depending on the size of the person" -Ron Rosedale, MD (in other words, NOT zero carbs) http://preview.tinyurl.com/6ogtan
>Finding a diet you can tolerate is not the same as fixing what's wrong. -Tim Steele
Beware of problems from chronic Very Low Carb

Offline Raw Kyle

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: September 10, 2011, 09:07:02 am »
Hmm, sorry for the ignorance. I was going on his debate performance where he specializes like the other candidates (other than Ron Paul) of not saying anything. Not anything out of the mainstream at least, mostly just talking points and other blah blah, I don't trust people like that.

Offline SkinnyDevil

• Chief
    • View Profile
    • Skinny Devil Music Lab
« Reply #108 on: September 10, 2011, 08:45:42 pm »
Yeah, I prefer Ron Paul - no doubt.
-
--
David M. McLean
Skinny Devil Music Lab

Offline PaleoPhil

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: September 10, 2011, 08:48:32 pm »
Hmm, sorry for the ignorance. I was going on his debate performance where he specializes like the other candidates (other than Ron Paul) of not saying anything. Not anything out of the mainstream at least, mostly just talking points and other blah blah, I don't trust people like that.
I see, same here. That's one reason Romney turns me off, as he seems to be more of a chamelion than any politician I can recall. I was living in Massachusetts when Romney ran as a liberal against Ted Kennedy and claimed he would do more for gay rights than Ted. Then when Romney announced he was running for president he claimed to be the real conservative. I was astonished by the shameless audacity of his flip flops. Ron Paul has been the opposite--a man who sticks to principles and follows through on his promises--and that's one of the things that appeals to me about Ron.

The risk for Ron is going to far in the other extreme toward irrational dogmatism. So far Ron seems to have done relatively OK on that score, though no doubt his critics would disagree.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2011, 08:57:58 pm by PaleoPhil »
>"When some one eats an Epi paleo Rx template and follows the rules of circadian biology they get plenty of starches when they are available three out of the four seasons." -Jack Kruse, MD
>"I recommend 20 percent of calories from carbs, depending on the size of the person" -Ron Rosedale, MD (in other words, NOT zero carbs) http://preview.tinyurl.com/6ogtan
>Finding a diet you can tolerate is not the same as fixing what's wrong. -Tim Steele

Offline SkinnyDevil

• Chief
    • View Profile
    • Skinny Devil Music Lab
« Reply #110 on: September 11, 2011, 11:31:37 pm »
The risk for Ron is going to far in the other extreme toward irrational dogmatism. So far Ron seems to have done relatively OK on that score, though no doubt his critics would disagree.

I'm not sure one could accuse a libertarian of "irrational dogmatism". Libertarianism is a political philosophy. Nothing irrational about it, and while it has it's tenants, dogma is non-existent precisely because it can be interpreted in various ways (see libertarian arguments over abortion, for example, or intellectual property).

By contrast, "democrat" and "republican" are political parties and have no inherent political philosophies attached. They change from era to era....sometimes with the wind. It is assumed that republicans are war-hawks, socially & fiscally conservative, no fun to be around, just as it is assumed that democrats are peace-loving, socially & fiscally liberal, progressive & happy. But we all know that isn't really true.

Bush spent more money & grew the federal gov FAR more than Clinton...who, in turn, ramped up the war on drugs, established "don't ask, don't tell", and bombed the shit out of Kosovo in the same unilateral fashion as Bush entered Iraq. Lincoln, who ended slavery, was a republican. Vietnam, it has been noted, was a democrat war (with Nixon, a republican, pulling us out). It is a republican congress who allow our current democrat prez to spend us into oblivion...and then raise the debt ceiling so that it doesn't look so bad.

"They" can accuse Ron Paul of anything they like. But in the end, it is simply irrational to believe that spending FAR more than you have is acceptable policy; that printing more money is a way to maintain a stable currency & a stable economic environment; that meddling in the internal affairs of other countries is a good way to spread the idea of freedom & increase national security; that fences and armed guards are a rational way to address the actual issues of why people come to the US thru illegal channels; that we should spend trillions abroad "nation building" while the US falls apart physically (infrastructure), economically (the market and the monetary system), and culturally (for example, we've locked up generations of mostly young men in a senseless war on drugs - a war that costs more annually to fight than the industry annually generates); and more.
-
--
David M. McLean
Skinny Devil Music Lab

Offline PaleoPhil

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: September 12, 2011, 12:06:30 am »
I'm not sure one could accuse a libertarian of "irrational dogmatism".
People of any ideology are at risk of irrational dogmatism. No ideological group is perfect.

By contrast, "democrat" and "republican" are political parties and have no inherent political philosophies attached. They change from era to era....sometimes with the wind.
Yes and that is the opposite of dogmatism.

Offline raw-al

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: September 12, 2011, 12:14:12 am »
I'm not sure one could accuse a libertarian of "irrational dogmatism". Libertarianism is a political philosophy. Nothing irrational about it, and while it has it's tenants, dogma is non-existent precisely because it can be interpreted in various ways (see libertarian arguments over abortion, for example, or intellectual property).

By contrast, "democrat" and "republican" are political parties and have no inherent political philosophies attached. They change from era to era....sometimes with the wind. It is assumed that republicans are war-hawks, socially & fiscally conservative, no fun to be around, just as it is assumed that democrats are peace-loving, socially & fiscally liberal, progressive & happy. But we all know that isn't really true.

Bush spent more money & grew the federal gov FAR more than Clinton...who, in turn, ramped up the war on drugs, established "don't ask, don't tell", and bombed the shit out of Kosovo in the same unilateral fashion as Bush entered Iraq. Lincoln, who ended slavery, was a republican. Vietnam, it has been noted, was a democrat war (with Nixon, a republican, pulling us out). It is a republican congress who allow our current democrat prez to spend us into oblivion...and then raise the debt ceiling so that it doesn't look so bad.

"They" can accuse Ron Paul of anything they like. But in the end, it is simply irrational to believe that spending FAR more than you have is acceptable policy; that printing more money is a way to maintain a stable currency & a stable economic environment; that meddling in the internal affairs of other countries is a good way to spread the idea of freedom & increase national security; that fences and armed guards are a rational way to address the actual issues of why people come to the US thru illegal channels; that we should spend trillions abroad "nation building" while the US falls apart physically (infrastructure), economically (the market and the monetary system), and culturally (for example, we've locked up generations of mostly young men in a senseless war on drugs - a war that costs more annually to fight than the industry annually generates); and more.
Excellent SD, thanks. Same is true in your northern neighbour, re: Liberal and Conservative parties.

Initially in the US there was a big debate on whether to have parties at all. Don't recall the players names or positions but a lot of people were vehemently opposed to it.
Cheers
Al

Offline SkinnyDevil

• Chief
    • View Profile
    • Skinny Devil Music Lab
« Reply #113 on: September 12, 2011, 09:17:12 pm »
People of any ideology are at risk of irrational dogmatism. No ideological group is perfect.
....Yes and that is the opposite of dogmatism.

I didn't mean to imply that libertarianism is immune to dogmatism. Just pointing out that because certain issue sare hotly contended within it's fences, so to speak, that dogmatic is a long way off.

-
--
David M. McLean
Skinny Devil Music Lab

Offline SkinnyDevil

• Chief
    • View Profile
    • Skinny Devil Music Lab
« Reply #114 on: September 12, 2011, 09:22:29 pm »
Excellent SD, thanks. Same is true in your northern neighbour, re: Liberal and Conservative parties.

Initially in the US there was a big debate on whether to have parties at all. Don't recall the players names or positions but a lot of people were vehemently opposed to it.

I suspect people (& the media) like parties because it makes it easy to pigeon-hole and simply not think much about where an individual stands. But that is just me being cynical.

When I'm not (being cynical), I tend to think parties are a good way to get a quick idea of where someone stands. Unfortunately, this doesn't work so well for parties like "democrat' and "republican" anymore. And since no politician seems to feel a need to be truthful, we can't even rely on more philosophical descriptions like "conservative" and "liberal" and "progressive" and whatnot.

Speaking of....since Canadian politicians have taken terms like "liberal" and "conservative", do the parties match ideologies?
-
--
David M. McLean
Skinny Devil Music Lab

Offline raw-al

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: September 12, 2011, 10:44:57 pm »
I suspect people (& the media) like parties because it makes it easy to pigeon-hole and simply not think much about where an individual stands. But that is just me being cynical.

When I'm not (being cynical), I tend to think parties are a good way to get a quick idea of where someone stands. Unfortunately, this doesn't work so well for parties like "democrat' and "republican" anymore. And since no politician seems to feel a need to be truthful, we can't even rely on more philosophical descriptions like "conservative" and "liberal" and "progressive" and whatnot.

Speaking of....since Canadian politicians have taken terms like "liberal" and "conservative", do the parties match ideologies?
There is not a lot of ideological difference between Republicans and Conservatives (name of the Canadian party) and Democrats and Liberals.

We also have the NDP (New Democratic Party) which are the ultra-left wingers.There have been various parties over the years which have risen and fallen, usually regionally based.
Cheers
Al

Offline PaleoPhil

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: September 13, 2011, 06:24:14 am »
I didn't mean to imply that libertarianism is immune to dogmatism. Just pointing out that because certain issue sare hotly contended within it's fences, so to speak, that dogmatic is a long way off.
Sure, I just said that it's a risk, not a reality. Any group based on ideology is at risk for counterproductive dogmatism. It's actually refreshing when a political group stands on principles rather than sways with the polls, the way that many Democrats and Republicans tend to, but I also recognize that there is a potential for problems when ideology is the driver. I don't get the sense that Ron has fallen prey to that, but it's a risk to be aware of.

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
  • Geek Healer Truth Seeker Pro-Natal Pro-Life
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
« Reply #117 on: September 13, 2011, 07:38:13 am »
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VlYG6vh2T-M

Uploaded by TheRevolutionPAC on Sep 11, 2011

Want this ad to air in major primary states? Make it possible with a contribution at http://RevolutionPAC.com/donate

SuperPACs have NO contribution limits. Individuals, businesses, and organizations may donate any amount (must be US citizens, US-bases businesses & orgs).
Linux Geek, Web Developer, Email Provider, Businessman, Engineer, REAL Free Healer, Pro-Life, Pro-Family, Truther, Ripple-XRP Fan

I'm the network administrator.
My business: Website Dev & Hosting and Email Server Provider,
My blogs: Cure Manual, My Health Blog, Eczema Cure & Psoriasis Cure

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
Re: Ron Paul for President of the USA - BEST VIDEO EVER!
« Reply #118 on: September 13, 2011, 11:52:58 pm »
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ohKz9OeiI0g

http://youtu.be/ohKz9OeiI0g

Please view and share this with as many NON Ron Paul fans you can find. Not trying to preach to the choir... but to educate and inform those who don't know his (and the other candidates') history. Thanks-

Music: "The Only Moment We Were Alone" by Explosions in the Sky

Video: Special Thanks to Veterans for Ron Paul, and "For Liberty" - a film by Chris Rye and Corey Kealiher

Other clips courtesy of:

The Daily Show with Jon Stewart
The Young Turks
Fox News
CNN
CSPAN
CSPAN-2
MSNBC
PBS NEWSHOUR
ABC News

--------------

Find out about the delegate process in your state...Ron Paul needs delegates delegates delegates...no delegates, no Ron Paul!!!...find out who Ron's delegates are, or consider becoming one...but you might want to go under the radar,,,,if you become a delegate, don't tell the party leaders you support Ron!!!!? Start/Join a meetup and get organized in your district!!
« Last Edit: September 14, 2011, 12:05:37 am by goodsamaritan »
Linux Geek, Web Developer, Email Provider, Businessman, Engineer, REAL Free Healer, Pro-Life, Pro-Family, Truther, Ripple-XRP Fan

Offline raw-al

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: September 14, 2011, 11:32:49 pm »
Just starting to read the book "The Creature From Jekyll Island" which is the story of the crooks who started the Federal Reserve system. Guess who is the first name on the reviews on the back cover.....

Ron Paul - "A superb analysis. Be prepared for one heck of a journey through time and mind."

It's a fairly large tome but interestingly there is a suggestion at the start of the book to read the preview at the beginning of each chapter and a summary at the end of each chapter. Although they will not cover the details or documentation, they will cover the major points and will provide an overview of the complete story. So you don't get lost in the details. People can only read so much before they get lost or discouraged and by following their suggestion you can do it.

This author also wrote some interesting stuff on how Andrew Carnegie also engineered the current medical system. Amazing story.
Cheers
Al

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
Re: Ron Paul for President of the USA: WINS California Straw Poll
« Reply #121 on: September 18, 2011, 10:57:47 am »
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nm6D9VenmmE

Congressman Ron Paul Wins California Straw Poll

http://www.cagop.org/index.cfm/press_release_1500.htm#.TnVXuWEDn3I.twitter

Posted: Saturday, September 17, 2011

LOS ANGELES – Minutes ago in front of the California Republican Party convention delegation at the JW Marriott at L.A. Live, CRP Chairman Tom Del Beccaro announced Congressman Ron Paul as the winner of the 2011 California Straw Poll.

A full breakdown of the results is copied below. A total of 833 ballots were cast during the 2011 Straw Poll which included a write-in opportunity for the first time.  

The 2011 California Straw Poll was held on Saturday, September 17th between 9:00AM – 5:00PM, where CRP members, associate members, and registered guests were allowed to choose their favorite from among the 11 official Republican presidential candidates.

2011 Straw Poll Full Results (Votes, %)

Congressman Ron Paul (374, 44.9%)

Governor Rick Perry (244, 29.3%)

Mitt Romney (74, 8.8%)

Congresswoman Michele Bachmann (64, 7.7%)

Jon Huntsman (17, 2.0%)

Herman Cain (15, 1.8%)

Newt Gingrich (14, 1.7%)

Thad McCotter (7, 0.8%)

Rick Santorum (7, 0.8%)

Gary Johnson (2, 0.2%)

Fred Karger (1, 0.1%)

Write-ins (15, 1.8%)

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
Re: Ron Paul for President of the USA - National Press Club
« Reply #122 on: October 07, 2011, 07:42:12 am »
Ron Paul for President of the USA - National Press Club

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KF02OxXhrvQ

(4 parts)

Offline RogueFarmer

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: October 07, 2011, 07:59:27 am »
I can't stomach politics but if Ron Paul is GOP candidate I will actually go out and vote.

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
« Reply #124 on: October 07, 2011, 08:11:53 am »
Ron Paul is the embodiment of the fairy tale ideal USA benevolent super power told to us Filipinos (your old colony and still economic colony).

Maybe Ron Paul will bring in an era of WORLD PEACE.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk