Author Topic: Ron Paul for President of the USA  (Read 228296 times)

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
Re: Ron Paul for President of the USA
« Reply #350 on: December 28, 2011, 05:39:36 am »
The former aide who made those idiotic charges clearly has no credibility whatsoever. Admittedly, it's common for ex-aides to lie about their time spent with a politician after they've been fired for lack of ethics or whatever. Or perhaps he was just paid by neocons to say that b*ll.

In the case of Ron Paul and gays, the accusation that he felt uncomfortable around gays simply does not ring true. The incredibly stupid, desperately unfunny comedian, Sacha Baron Cohen, tried to ridicule Ron Paul, while disguised as the gay Austrian "Bruno" character, and made a move on Ron Paul while in a room that Ron Paul did not know was being filmed as well (as seen on youtube(
Ron Paul & Sasha Baron Cohen (Bruno)

). Despite Baron-Cohen  dropping his trousers, Ron Paul just left the room and saying "this is ended" etc. There was no punching or insults.

The accusation re Hitler does not seem to be Ron Paul's view. It is simply parroted by retarded NeoCons in the hope that, if it's stated often enough, idiots among the public will believe it. Ron Paul has stated, again and again, that he is NOT an isolationist, merely a non-interventionist - 2 quite different things.

As regards Afghanistan, it has been mentioned, again and again that, judging from the lessons of history, it is EXTREMELY stupid, indeed psychotic,  for countries to invade Afghanistan, as they always lose in the end due to the fractured, tribal  state of the country. The only exception to that rule was the Mongols - for them to keep order, however, they basically  had to  massacre whole tribes for the slightest crimes, something the US cannot afford to do  for fear of offending public opinion. So Ron Paul was right to be hesitant. I suppose he was told that the mindless public hysteria due to 9/11 would make people react irrationally against him if he voted against the war in Afghanistan, so he kowtowed. Well, no one's perfect...

« Last Edit: December 28, 2011, 08:03:07 am by TylerDurden »
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #351 on: December 28, 2011, 05:45:35 am »
The Russians must now be laughing their heads off at the US's incredible stupidity in launching a war against Afghanistan. I mean, the US went to all that trouble to humiltate the Soviet Union in Afghanistan in the 1980s and now.....
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline PaleoPhil

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Mad scientist (not into blind Paleo re-enactment)
    • View Profile
« Reply #352 on: December 28, 2011, 05:56:25 am »
The Russians must now be laughing their heads off at the US's incredible stupidity in launching a war against Afghanistan. I mean, the US went to all that trouble to humiltate the Soviet Union in Afghanistan in the 1980s and now.....
Yes, I don't see that accusation hurting Ron. The call for abolishing Israel is a more serious allegation, but I would be surprised if RP actually made that statement in public or writing, so it will likely come down to the staffer's word vs. Ron's unless someone else comes out of the woodwork to support it, as happened with Cain.
>"When some one eats an Epi paleo Rx template and follows the rules of circadian biology they get plenty of starches when they are available three out of the four seasons." -Jack Kruse, MD
>"I recommend 20 percent of calories from carbs, depending on the size of the person" -Ron Rosedale, MD (in other words, NOT zero carbs) http://preview.tinyurl.com/6ogtan
>Finding a diet you can tolerate is not the same as fixing what's wrong. -Tim Steele
Beware of problems from chronic Very Low Carb

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #353 on: December 28, 2011, 06:01:37 am »
"Hitler caused WW II, not the American People" - Ron Paul

The above video points out the stupidity of accusing Ron Paul of isolationism and stating that he would have appeased Hitler.

It has often been pointed out that when people use the reductio ad hitlerum(such as, here, accusing Ron Paul of being an appeaser to Hitler if he'd been born earlier) that it is a sign that they have already lost the argument and are just trying nasty tricks to discredit their opponents.
" Ron Paul.

Offline PaleoPhil

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #354 on: December 28, 2011, 06:11:46 am »
...and are just trying nasty tricks to discredit their opponents.
Of course, and Ron Paul is just the latest in line to be subject to these attacks. If he weathers the storm then that could bode well for his campaign, because it would stand in contrast to the crumbling of the other campaigns under scrutiny.
>"When some one eats an Epi paleo Rx template and follows the rules of circadian biology they get plenty of starches when they are available three out of the four seasons." -Jack Kruse, MD
>"I recommend 20 percent of calories from carbs, depending on the size of the person" -Ron Rosedale, MD (in other words, NOT zero carbs) http://preview.tinyurl.com/6ogtan
>Finding a diet you can tolerate is not the same as fixing what's wrong. -Tim Steele

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #355 on: December 28, 2011, 08:02:35 am »
I do hope most people aren't fooled by all these ridiculous accusations. I mean, even the Herman Cain and the Wikileaks guy were obviously being smeared. After all, if there had been any real substance to these allegations, they would have been aired many years ago.
" Ron Paul.

Offline PaleoPhil

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #356 on: December 28, 2011, 08:09:21 am »
Yes, it does raise questions. If what Paul said or did was so terrible, why did the accuser wait until Paul rose in the polls before saying anything? Or did he report it before but it was just largely ignored until now? I wish the journalists would ask the accuser these questions.

One accuser is pretty easy to deny if there is little or no hard evidence to support the accuser on his more controversial accusations. What seemed to sink Cain's boat was that there were multiple accusers with similar stories.

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #357 on: December 28, 2011, 08:23:48 am »
The precise timing of those anti-Cain accusations makes it far, far more likely that they were attempts at smears.

All I can say is that I hope against hope that Mitt Romney is lying like a trooper, as always, and that, as soon as he becomes President, will betray everyone and act just like Ron Paul would have done  re libertarianism etc.. That would be cool.
" Ron Paul.

Offline PaleoPhil

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #358 on: December 28, 2011, 08:32:51 am »
The precise timing of those anti-Cain accusations makes it far, far more likely that they were attempts at smears.
The timing was indeed suspicious, what I meant was there eventually were too many accusers and Cain pulled out of the race. So far there is only one accuser (that I know of) of Paul re: the abolish Israel bit.

All I can say is that I hope against hope that Mitt Romney is lying like a trooper, as always, and that, as soon as he becomes President, will betray everyone and act just like Ron Paul would have done  re libertarianism etc.. That would be cool.
He tends to go with the flow and change his views depending on what will be popular with each constituency, so that is also my hope if he is elected, but it is probably far fetched, as libertarianism is currently still seen as radical among the wider populace of the USA, but it does seem like the nation is gradually becoming more libertarian as the Internet becomes more pervasive, so maybe there's a slight chance this election might trigger a tipping point and push Romney towards libertarianism, but no chance he would espouse Paul's full platform.

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #359 on: December 28, 2011, 08:42:23 am »
The number of accusers means nothing. Any truly well-planned smear campaign will involve several accusers so as to remove all doubt.

Hmm, I find one can develop a 6th sense re these things. For example, Ron Paul simply does not act, in everyday life, in the various ways that people accuse him of. Strauss-Kahn, however, is the exact opposite....
" Ron Paul.

Offline PaleoPhil

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #360 on: December 28, 2011, 09:16:25 am »
The number of accusers means nothing.
It meant Cain's withdrawal and other politicians resigning before him. Maybe Paul won't pull out in such a case, who knows.

Any truly well-planned smear campaign will involve several accusers so as to remove all doubt.
That would be optimal, yes, assuming the campaign isn't uncovered of course.

Hmm, I find one can develop a 6th sense re these things. For example, Ron Paul simply does not act, in everyday life, in the various ways that people accuse him of.
Yes, I find it implausible that RP would have been so rash as to say such a thing or so extremely anti-Israel as to support it.

Offline ys

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #361 on: December 28, 2011, 12:03:17 pm »
I meant among the people actually running for president. Do you even intend to vote? Can you recommend anyone I may actually be able to vote for?

I don't like any of the running candidates.  I won't vote in the primary because in my state I have to be a registered Republican.  I have no plans of joining Republican party.  I will vote in the general election.

I'm not too concerned if Obama gets re-elected as long as either House or Senate stay Republican with enough Tea Party members.  I'd rather give Obama another 4 very hard years and wait for a better Republican candidate then see president Gingrich/Romney/Paul fail miserably and get kicked out after one term and here comes another Obama with democratic Congress.

President Gingrich/Romney would flip-flop all over the place and piss a lot of people off.

President Paul being a hard ass will veto everything that Congress will through his way and nothing will get done.

« Last Edit: December 28, 2011, 12:09:07 pm by ys »

Offline PaleoPhil

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #362 on: December 28, 2011, 12:29:47 pm »
I will vote in the general election.
So if it's Romney, Paul or Gingrich vs. Obama, who are you leaning towards voting for?

Offline sabertooth

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #363 on: December 28, 2011, 12:52:54 pm »
If nothing gets past a Ron Paul veto then perhaps it would give this country enough time between bailouts to get its head on straight and begin to force congress to draft real solutions that benefit all.

I agree somewhat with Ys that there isn't a good alternative candidate out there. I support Ron Paul above the others, though he isn't my ideal chief. My main gripe is that he seems to allow himself to be marginalized by clinging to a position in the republican party.

If he could stand on an independent platform and go out in a blaze of glory on the campaign trail he may not win, but he could beneficently confront the fallacies of the two party system and force the establishment into some concessions in order to prevent his victory..

Regardless of how things unfold, I am hedging my bet with my Great great granddaddy's investment advice. Save your confederate money, for the south will rise again.

A man who makes a beast of himself, forgets the pain of being a man.

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
  • Geek Healer Truth Seeker Pro-Natal Pro-Life
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
« Reply #364 on: December 28, 2011, 10:42:31 pm »
I'm Australian and even I can see the vote fraud that is being prepared against Ron Paul. Perhaps we need to send observers to make sure US elections are undertaken fairly. Ron Paul deserves to win.

- Anthony Coralluzzo · Melbourne, Victoria, Australia

Iowa GOP moving vote-count to 'undisclosed location'

http://www.politico.com/blogs/burns-haberman/2011/12/iowa-gop-moving-votecount-to-undisclosed-location-108812.html
Linux Geek, Web Developer, Email Provider, Businessman, Engineer, REAL Free Healer, Pro-Life, Pro-Family, Truther, Ripple-XRP Fan

I'm the network administrator.
My business: Website Dev & Hosting and Email Server Provider,
My blogs: Cure Manual, My Health Blog, Eczema Cure & Psoriasis Cure

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
  • Geek Healer Truth Seeker Pro-Natal Pro-Life
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
Re: CFR declares "Time to Attack Iran" - Vote Ron Paul for PEACE
« Reply #365 on: December 28, 2011, 11:37:51 pm »
WWIII Countdown: CFR declares "Time to Attack Iran" - SCG News 12-27-11

WWIII Countdown: CFR declares "Time to Attack Iran" - SCG News 12-27-11

Time to Attack Iran
Why a Strike Is the Least Bad Option

Author:    
Matthew Kroenig

January/February 2012
Foreign Affairs

Opponents of military action against Iran assume a U.S. military strike would be far more dangerous than simply letting Tehran build a bomb. Not so, argues this former Pentagon defense planner. With a carefully designed strike, Washington could mitigate the costs—or at least bring them down to a bearable level—and spare the region and the world from an unacceptable threat.

http://www.cfr.org/iran/time-attack-iran/p26875
Linux Geek, Web Developer, Email Provider, Businessman, Engineer, REAL Free Healer, Pro-Life, Pro-Family, Truther, Ripple-XRP Fan

I'm the network administrator.
My business: Website Dev & Hosting and Email Server Provider,
My blogs: Cure Manual, My Health Blog, Eczema Cure & Psoriasis Cure

Offline SkinnyDevil

• Chief
  • "...embrace your fear..."
    • View Profile
    • Skinny Devil Music Lab
« Reply #366 on: December 29, 2011, 02:28:02 am »

I agree somewhat with Ys that there isn't a good alternative candidate out there.

Gary Johnson rocks. He's left the GOP and will be running as a libertarian.

He is in many ways a better candidate than Paul (among the most successful governors in US history, built a one-man handyman biz into a multi-million dollar company from scratch, climbed Everest, no personal baggage...), although I dislike his favor of Fair Tax and no corporate tax (I'd largely reverse that - zero personal income tax and flat 10% corporate tax).

If Paul doesn't get the nomination AND chooses not to run indie, an endorsement for Johnson could radically change the landscape.

That said, I'd prefer to see  President Paul....even if it is just one term.
-
--
David M. McLean
Skinny Devil Music Lab
http://www.skinnydevil.com

Offline ys

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #367 on: December 29, 2011, 05:06:50 am »
My suspicion is that Paul can't stand Republicans in general.  There been so many times where he voted against party line.  Or that time when he was the only one voting against Civil Rights 40th anniversary (I'm with him on this one).  That's why he is going to have a hard time getting Republican nomination.

I think he would be much happier to run as Libertarian but the odds are much worse there.  In addition it would split conservatives badly and give Obama easy re-election.

So if it's Romney, Paul or Gingrich vs. Obama, who are you leaning towards voting for?
I'll probably vote with very sour face for the Republican candidate whoever that might be.  But I wont' be crying tears if Obama gets re-election as long as Republicans keep control of the Congress.

Offline PaleoPhil

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #368 on: December 29, 2011, 07:28:33 am »
Cool, so I'll have an experienced libertarian to vote for in the general election even if Ron Paul loses the nomination.

My suspicion is that Paul can't stand Republicans in general.
That's a smear that the Neocon blog Redstate.com and other Neocons have tried to spread. Ron Paul only dislikes so-called Republicans who favor heavy gov't intervention in either the economy or the private lives of citizens or the affairs of foreign nations. He certainly doesn't hate the Republicans who have selected him in the polls and those who plan to vote for him.
« Last Edit: December 29, 2011, 08:06:34 am by PaleoPhil »

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #369 on: December 29, 2011, 09:34:40 am »
Ron Paul has repeatedly and correctly pointed out that, actually, he is far more of a real Republican than the pseudo-Republican NeoCons or the religious right. His views are more in line with the old republican ideology in terms of not starting foreign wars, austrian libertarian economics etc.
" Ron Paul.

Offline ys

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #370 on: December 29, 2011, 11:28:21 am »
That's a smear that the Neocon blog Redstate.com and other Neocons have tried to spread.
Not sure what smear you are talking about, did not read redstate.  I only used my own observation.
Which blogs are not Neocons?

Ron Paul only dislikes so-called Republicans who favor heavy gov't intervention in either the economy or the private lives of citizens or the affairs of foreign nations.
ummmmm, according to his vote record he dislikes most of the Republicans in the House.  He usually votes with Democrats but for a different reason.

And Obama is singing.  If Paul runs as independent Obama will dance as well.

Offline sabertooth

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #371 on: December 29, 2011, 05:14:23 pm »

There is such little differences in the policy of Obama and the top tier republican candidates that we need a third choice. Even if that candidate sways the election towards Obama, so what would Gingrich be any better.

This election is not looking much better than Obama, Mccain.

The masquerade is rigged and Ron Paul is being pushed aside by the power elite of the republican party, regardless of his popularity. Then there is an attitude of futility that seems to allow it all to happen without much protest.

Don't blame me, I voted for Kodos

I wish I could find the clip where the alien impostor candidates are unmasked, but the people are still forced to vote between Kang and Kodos, because its a "two party system".
« Last Edit: December 29, 2011, 05:48:27 pm by TylerDurden »
A man who makes a beast of himself, forgets the pain of being a man.

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #372 on: December 29, 2011, 06:07:33 pm »
I've just read an aggressive comment from the US Navy:- "The free flow of goods and services through the Strait of Hormuz is vital to regional and global prosperity," said a spokeswoman for the US Navy's Bahrain-based Fifth Fleet. "Anyone who threatens to disrupt freedom of navigation in an international strait is clearly outside the community of nations; any disruption will not be tolerated."

Such hypocrisy and pure evil in that statement. Like Ron Paul said, it is shameful that the US, which is supposed to be in favour of free trade, happily hands out sanctions to Cuba, Iran or anyone else who doesn't kowtow to the US. Now that Iran has threatened to disrupt oil-supplies in response to further disgraceful US sanctions, the US is hypocritically denouncing Iran despite the US being the aggressor.
" Ron Paul.

Offline raw-al

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #373 on: December 29, 2011, 10:29:15 pm »
John was in the fertilized egg business. He had several hundred young layers (hens), called 'pullets,' and ten roosters to fertilize the eggs. He kept records, and any rooster not performing went into the soup pot and was replaced. This took a lot of time, so he bought some tiny bells and attached them to his roosters.

Each bell had a different tone, so he could tell from a distance, which rooster was performing. Now, he could sit on the porch and fill out an efficiency report by just listening to the bells.

John's favorite rooster, old Butch, was a very fine specimen, but this morning he noticed old Butch's bell hadn't rung at all!

When he went to investigate, he saw the other roosters were busy chasing pullets, bells-a-ringing, but the pullets, hearing the roosters coming, would run for cover. To John's amazement, old Butch had his bell in his beak, so it couldn't ring. He'd sneak up on a pullet, do his job and walk on to the next one.

John was so proud of old Butch, he entered him in the Saint Lawrence County Fair and he became an overnight sensation among the judges.

The result was the judges not only awarded old Butch the "No Bell Piece Prize," but they also awarded him the "Pulletsurprise" as well. Clearly old Butch was a politician in the making. Who else but a politician could figure out how to win two of the most coveted awards on our planet by being the best at sneaking up on the unsuspecting populace and screwing them when they weren't paying attention.

Vote carefully in the next election, the bells are not always audible.
Cheers
Al

Offline ys

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #374 on: December 29, 2011, 11:32:47 pm »
Such hypocrisy and pure evil in that statement.

haha, is that your soft spot?  lighten up, these are official statements meant for general public who don't even know where Iran is.

it's international waters, common, it'll be fun watching the standoff.  these kinds of things been happening for thousands of years and world has not changed much in this regard.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk