Author Topic: Ron Paul for President of the USA  (Read 228896 times)

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
Re: Ron Paul for President of the USA
« Reply #375 on: December 30, 2011, 12:26:41 am »
haha, is that your soft spot?  lighten up, these are official statements meant for general public who don't even know where Iran is.

it's international waters, common, it'll be fun watching the standoff.  these kinds of things been happening for thousands of years and world has not changed much in this regard.
  Irrelevant.  The US has no right to deny free trade to other nations. When it starts whining about other nations retaliating in the same sort of way, then it's just laughable. Perhaps the rest of the world should apply mass sanctions on the US to teach it a lesson. After all, unlike Iran, the US already possesses vast numbers of nuclear weapons, and, unlike Iran, is the only country so far which was psychotic enough to actually use its nuclear weapons against another nation.
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
  • Geek Healer Truth Seeker Pro-Natal Pro-Life
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
« Reply #376 on: December 30, 2011, 12:32:11 am »
Sorenson stuns Michele Bachmann with switch to Ron Paul's camp
Members of her campaign were visibly distraught with news of his sudden support for the Texas congressman.

http://www.desmoinesregister.com/article/20111229/NEWS/312290071/?odyssey=nav|head
Linux Geek, Web Developer, Email Provider, Businessman, Engineer, REAL Free Healer, Pro-Life, Pro-Family, Truther, Ripple-XRP Fan

I'm the network administrator.
My business: Website Dev & Hosting and Email Server Provider,
My blogs: Cure Manual, My Health Blog, Eczema Cure & Psoriasis Cure

Offline SkinnyDevil

• Chief
  • "...embrace your fear..."
    • View Profile
    • Skinny Devil Music Lab
« Reply #377 on: December 30, 2011, 02:42:23 am »
From early December during the Gingrich surge in the polls....Gary Johnson thread....between YS and me:

me: Here's a prediction for Iowa (first primary): Romney wins with Ron Paul in 2nd. Gingrich will implode due to his record and his personal baggage.

ys: Let's see how good your predictions are in about 4 weeks.  Correction - Iowa holds a caucus not a primary.

me: Ahhh...you are correct!

A caucus differs from a primary in process.

In that case, Paul might actually win Iowa, or be a VERY close (rather than sub-20%) 2nd.

====

Told y'all Gingrich was imploding. The most recent (as I write this) 2 polls both have Romney in 1st, Paul behind by 2-3 points in 2nd, Santorum in a distant 3rd, and Gingrich falling to 4th.

I should add that I can't stand Santorum.

Anyway....I still think Romney will place 1st, unless the weather is VERY harsh, in which case Paul will win.

The big issue now is: How will it stack up in NH and beyond?

If Paul handles the newsletter issue well (meaning much better than he's handled it thusfar), he can actually win the nomination. If not, Romney will win.
-
--
David M. McLean
Skinny Devil Music Lab
http://www.skinnydevil.com

Offline ys

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #378 on: December 30, 2011, 04:20:51 am »
Irrelevant.  The US has no right to deny free trade to other nations.

What are you talking about?? US is not denying anyone of free trade.  Zimbabwe can trade with Iran all they want and other as well.

If you are talking about sanctions then you don't understand what they are.

Most sanctions are unilateral between US and Iran only.  They don't apply to other countries.  Other countries can adopt similar sanctions if they wish.

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #379 on: December 30, 2011, 04:23:51 am »
I must admit that the Ron Paul ads seem much better, propaganda-wise than they were before, judging from youtube:-

The Compassion of Dr. Ron Paul

Ron Paul 2012 "The High Tide" HD

2008 wasn't so hot:-

Drunk ad 2008

Changes - Ron Paul Ad (2008)
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline ys

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #380 on: December 30, 2011, 04:26:30 am »
Code: [Select]
From early December during the Gingrich surge in the polls....Gary Johnson thread....between YS and me:
Good memory SD.
Let's watch what happens.

Huntsman officially gave the finger to Iowans: They Pick Corn in Iowa, Presidents in New Hampshire.

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #381 on: December 30, 2011, 04:35:23 am »
What are you talking about?? US is not denying anyone of free trade.  Zimbabwe can trade with Iran all they want and other as well.

Most sanctions are unilateral between US and Iran only.  They don't apply to other countries.  Other countries can adopt similar sanctions if they wish.

I am perfectly well aware what sanctions are. Since the US represents a very large portion of world trade, it is indeed restricting free trade.  And the US has been putting enormous pressure on other governments to kowtow and also apply sanctions on Iran. Since most foreign country or foreign companies do not  want to jeopardise their business interests in the US, they are mostly forced to go along with the US and stop all business  with Iran as well. Only China and similiar countries can get away with carrying on trading with Iran.
" Ron Paul.

Offline Raw Kyle

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #382 on: December 30, 2011, 05:46:33 am »

Why should the United States federal government be able to deny a United States citizen from conducting trade with Iran via the threat of violence?

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #383 on: December 30, 2011, 07:18:52 am »
Looks like Ron Paul will win Iowa:-

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/us-election/8983495/US-elections-2012-Ron-Paul-gaining-support-of-Iowan-Democrats-and-independents.html

Apparently, since democrats and independents are allowed to vote in Iowa for the republican contest, this will be a shoo-in for Ron Paul.
" Ron Paul.

Offline PaleoPhil

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Mad scientist (not into blind Paleo re-enactment)
    • View Profile
« Reply #384 on: December 30, 2011, 07:59:15 am »
Skinnydevil, your words are warm and welcome on a cold evening, and your predictions are so far on target. Your posts are like poetry. You have the gift. If you won't run for political office, which I can't blame you at all about, I think you'd make a good political strategist or ad maker for a relatively honest party like the Libertarians. But how to partake in politics without becoming corrupted by it? That's the question.

NH is Romney's back yard, so he has the advantage there. If Ron Paul beats Romney in NH, that should finish Romney, but if Romney wins in both Iowa and NH, then Ron will probably be relegated to obscurity by the media and it will be Romney vs. Perry, Santorum, and Gingrich, with Perry probably getting some rejuvenation in the later Southern primaries, and then it would probably come down to Perry vs. Romney in the Midwest and Western states.

Regardless of who wins, the Libertarian phenomenon will roll on, for better or worse, thanks to the inherently libertarian Internet. The dingbat Republican establishment haven't figured that out yet and for some insane reason attack libertarians instead of joining forces with them to defeat Obama. Instead of fighting the inevitable, they should be jumping on the bandwagon (which I predict the chameleon Romney will gladly do if he sees that the polls suggest it and he senses that the tide has turned inexorably to libertarianism). Internet polls are still not representative of the public at large, however, but they increasingly will be as more and more people go online and are absorbed into the cyber-mind.

I must admit that the Ron Paul ads seem much better, propaganda-wise than they were before, judging from youtube:-

The Compassion of Dr. Ron Paul
Quite right, Englishman, that first ad is one of the best I've ever seen. Unfortunately, the Neocons and the media they bought have smartened up and started to attack Ron Paul on the honesty angle. If they can show that Ron DID write the nasty stuff he has disowned, then poor Ron is probably cooked. A generally honest man who is proclaimed as honest is held to much higher standards than the usual political scum.

The hypocritical Neocons will try to nail Ron to a politically correct cross. I care less about the crotchety things Ron has written than the fact that he will do his utmost to stop the tide of red ink, the vain and suicidal attempts at hegemonic empire building, the growing fragility of our nation, and the crumbling of our core values.
« Last Edit: December 30, 2011, 01:59:48 pm by TylerDurden »
>"When some one eats an Epi paleo Rx template and follows the rules of circadian biology they get plenty of starches when they are available three out of the four seasons." -Jack Kruse, MD
>"I recommend 20 percent of calories from carbs, depending on the size of the person" -Ron Rosedale, MD (in other words, NOT zero carbs) http://preview.tinyurl.com/6ogtan
>Finding a diet you can tolerate is not the same as fixing what's wrong. -Tim Steele
Beware of problems from chronic Very Low Carb

Offline ys

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #385 on: December 30, 2011, 10:31:40 am »
Why should the United States federal government be able to deny a United States citizen from conducting trade with Iran via the threat of violence?

You made my day!  :) :)
Poor Bobby Fischer, he was asking the same kind of question.  Please watch Bobby Fischer Against the World, very interesting.

I cannot answer your question.  But you can ask your Senator or Congressman who likely voted for it.  Let us know what they say.
« Last Edit: December 30, 2011, 02:00:38 pm by TylerDurden »

Offline ys

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #386 on: December 30, 2011, 10:40:08 am »
Since most foreign country or foreign companies do not  want to jeopardise their business interests in the US, they are mostly forced to go along with the US and stop all business  with Iran as well.

Darn it, why can't I have my cake and eat it too?

Offline ys

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #387 on: December 30, 2011, 10:48:13 am »
hypocritical Neocons

Phil,
Who are not hypocritical Neocons?  Do the have blogs?  I'd like to read them.

If they can show that Ron DID write the nasty stuff he has disowned, then poor Ron is probably cooked.

Paul: I did write parts of the newsletters, but not the bad parts.
Details are here http://hotair.com/archives/2011/12/29/paul-i-did-write-parts-of-the-newsletters-but-not-the-bad-parts/

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
  • Geek Healer Truth Seeker Pro-Natal Pro-Life
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
Re: Ron Paul for President of the USA - Watch the Vote!!! Prevent Fraud!
« Reply #388 on: December 30, 2011, 10:53:49 am »
www.WatchTheVote2012.com -- Urgent! Iowa Caucus, Jan 3, 2012! This video is the only one that tells honest citizens how to STOP the rigging of the Iowa Caucus 2012. This video includes Ron Paul speaking about the necessity of Watching the Vote. The Iowa STATE GOP has a long history of rigging the Iowa Caucus. The LOCAL Iowans do everything honest and in the open at each local Caucus, and then call in their results honestly. THEN -- the Iowa Caucus is rigged at the STATE LEVEL by the Iowa STATE GOP. Google "A House without Doors" for how the Iowa GOP, the Big TV Networks, and Voter News Service (now renamed National Election Pool) stole 13% of Pat Buchanan's vote in Dubuque County in the 1996 Iowa Presidential Caucus. Dole benefited in 96. This year they will try to rig the Iowa Caucus against Ron Paul and Michele Bachmann -- and for Romney and Gingrich -- if they can get away with it. We MUST STOP THEM AND ENSURE AN HONEST COUNT. THIS VIDEO IS THE ONLY ONE THAT TELLS YOU HOW! Go to www.facebook.com/groups/WatchTheVote2012 and sign up to help! and also www.WatchTheVote2012.com

Pt.1 PROOF Rigged Election - Watch the Vote 2012 - Iowa Caucus

and

Pt.2 PROOF Rigged Election - Watch the Vote 2012 - Iowa Caucus -FOR RON PAUL!
Linux Geek, Web Developer, Email Provider, Businessman, Engineer, REAL Free Healer, Pro-Life, Pro-Family, Truther, Ripple-XRP Fan

I'm the network administrator.
My business: Website Dev & Hosting and Email Server Provider,
My blogs: Cure Manual, My Health Blog, Eczema Cure & Psoriasis Cure

Offline PaleoPhil

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #389 on: December 30, 2011, 01:40:29 pm »
Paul: I did write parts of the newsletters, but not the bad parts.
Details are here http://hotair.com/archives/2011/12/29/paul-i-did-write-parts-of-the-newsletters-but-not-the-bad-parts/
Ah well, the poor man is probably cooked, unless his momentum is strong enough to miraculously overcome this stuff from the Neocon machine. Curmudgeons with outdated personal views are not generally welcome in this country. Let's hope he does overcome it--for the good of our nation.

Look how the Neocon caller tried to set him up:
CALLER: But Dr. Paul, many of the newsletters are filled with conspiracies. You had one newsletter from start to finish with fear that the $50 bill, because it was going to be made pink....
There will be much more  of that sort of thing to come.

Wow, looks like all but Ron Paul and Mitt Romney are in deep doo in Virginia:
Judge sets timetable for Perry's bid to get on Va. ballot
http://www2.timesdispatch.com/news/virginia-politics/2011/dec/30/tdmain01-judge-sets-timetable-for-perrys-bid-to-ge-ar-1575975/
"The board already has determined that Texas Rep. Ron Paul's name will appear first on the primary ballot, followed by former Massachusetts Gov. Mitt Romney — the only two candidates that the state GOP certified for the ballot."
This primary has been a chaotic disgrace for establishment Republicans. Young libertarians were their only hope for salvaging something from the mess, but they've decided to shun them and ridicule them and their candidate, after failing to dismiss him. How sad and suicidal.
« Last Edit: December 30, 2011, 02:17:29 pm by PaleoPhil »
>"When some one eats an Epi paleo Rx template and follows the rules of circadian biology they get plenty of starches when they are available three out of the four seasons." -Jack Kruse, MD
>"I recommend 20 percent of calories from carbs, depending on the size of the person" -Ron Rosedale, MD (in other words, NOT zero carbs) http://preview.tinyurl.com/6ogtan
>Finding a diet you can tolerate is not the same as fixing what's wrong. -Tim Steele

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #390 on: December 30, 2011, 02:17:53 pm »
What I read elsewhere was that those newsletters were mainly grassroots efforts by his supporters who just used his name and sometimes some of his  articles, the rest was their work. Indeed, it was stated somewhere that electoral law forbids him from being too close re monitoring his own supporters, or something.

Re US/Iran:- In a way, much like Al-Quaeda, I'm grateful that the US seeks to continue wars/apply sanctions abroad as that helps to speed up the day when the US empire will inevitably fall.

Re "hypocritical NeoCons" comment by PP:- He was simply pointing out the obvious  for the "slower" people on this forum, that  all NeoCons are by definition hypocritical because they claim to espouse the causes of freedom/liberty et al, but routinely advocate wars and other nonsense which destroy freedom and liberty. 

" Ron Paul.

Offline ys

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #391 on: December 30, 2011, 11:01:00 pm »
Re US/Iran:- In a way, much like Al-Quaeda, I'm grateful that the US seeks to continue wars/apply sanctions abroad as that helps to speed up the day when the US empire will inevitably fall.

Dollar as the worlds preferred reserve currency will keep the empire afloat.  There is no clear alternative to the dollar so it make take a while.  Euro was suppose to break the monopoly but it backfired badly.

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #392 on: December 30, 2011, 11:02:57 pm »
I see that Ron Paul is also steadfastly against government grain-subsidies. This would mean far more farmers turning to feeding their animals on grass etc., if he got elected. I mean, he is on our side on all levels! I will send an e-mail to Aajonus to remind him to get all primal dieters to vote for Ron Paul.
" Ron Paul.

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #393 on: December 30, 2011, 11:04:46 pm »
Dollar as the worlds preferred reserve currency will keep the empire afloat.  There is no clear alternative to the dollar so it make take a while.  Euro was suppose to break the monopoly but it backfired badly.
Big deal, so in a decade at most, we'll have the yuan as the main world currency, instead. Dollars are a waste of time to invest in, as the US government makes them the easiest to forge, and because the US economy is on the verge of becoming subject to China.
" Ron Paul.

Offline ys

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #394 on: December 30, 2011, 11:32:38 pm »
Big deal, so in a decade at most, we'll have the yuan as the main world currency, instead.

Haha, remember your words in 10 years.  It is a huge Big deal, you have no idea.

Not going to happen because yuan is pegged to the dollar.  And China does not look like it will make yuan free float any time soon.

While China does hold huge American assets they can't easily manipulate it.  If they suddenly decide to unload US debt notes it would certainly be a huge blow to dollar but at the same time China will shoot itself in the foot.  So it is a bit more complicated than you think.

Offline ys

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #395 on: December 30, 2011, 11:35:04 pm »
Kelly Clarkson endorses Ron Paul

Kelly Clarkson endorses Ron Paul

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #396 on: December 30, 2011, 11:41:36 pm »
Hmm, the Chinese are slow and steady. Look at their Moon Landing attempts, to be finished by 2020, for example, while the castrated US looks on....

It might not take 10 years, but the US is already crippled and will not take much further to take it down, plus other areas like the EU do not have the power that China has, to replace it.
" Ron Paul.

Offline SkinnyDevil

• Chief
  • "...embrace your fear..."
    • View Profile
    • Skinny Devil Music Lab
« Reply #397 on: December 31, 2011, 12:01:24 am »
Regardless of who wins, the Libertarian phenomenon will roll on

This was the best part about Paul's 2008 run. He planted ideas and put issues on the table. They called him crazy.

4 years later, those crazy ideas have entered the mainstream (like auditing &/or ending the Fed) and he is no longer the only person on the stage calling for an end to the US war machine, the end of the income tax, the end of the war on drugs, repeal of the Patriot Act, and more.

Iowa is important, as already mentioned, because it is "open". As such, it better reflects the bent of the nation. NH is important also,  but Huntsman's remarks were out of line (and out of character).

Ron Paul, in one sense, has already won and will keep winning. But the victory will be slower if he doesn't get the nomination....and even if he does, he'd better choose his running mate carefully. It will be difficult to beat an Obama-Clinton ticket (that idea has been floating for quite some time) if the economy suddenly turns for the better.
-
--
David M. McLean
Skinny Devil Music Lab
http://www.skinnydevil.com

Offline Fermenter Zym

• Bear Hunter
  • microcosm monkey, navigating inner-space.
    • View Profile
« Reply #398 on: December 31, 2011, 03:00:12 am »
Now can someone tell me whether or not he is still sticking by his views against corporate personhood? That would also be a wonderful reversal of United States policy.

Offline PaleoPhil

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #399 on: December 31, 2011, 07:04:40 am »
It will be difficult to beat an Obama-Clinton ticket (that idea has been floating for quite some time) if the economy suddenly turns for the better.
Yeah, and the most recent economic numbers have been relatively positive. If that continues it will take some new catastrophe like perhaps dramatic escalation of bloody civil war in Iraq or Afghanistan or a miracle to defeat the incumbent. Unlike Rush Limbaugh, I of course don't wish for bad news, just speculating.

Ron Paul, in one sense, has already won and will keep winning. But the victory will be slower if he doesn't get the nomination....
Yeah, Ron Paul is the only Republican generating enthusiasm, particularly among the young. It will be a shame if it fizzles out this time, but there will also be future chances for libertarian-oriented candidates, as the overall enthusiasm for libertarianism seems to be growing. The first time I voted in a Libertarian primary, the young man at the polling station who gave me a Libertarian ballot to fill out got real excited when he saw it--it was the first Libertarian ballot he had seen. He shouted out something like, "Oh boy! A Libertarian!" which you're not actually supposed to do at the voting site, heheh. The actual voting was a bit of an anticlimax, though, as most offices had only one or zero Libertarians running, so there wasn't much choosing to do. However, at the time I figured I was making more of a statement by registering Libertarian than I would voting for Republocrats, and it sure made voting quick and easy as there was no line and not many boxes to check.  ;D
« Last Edit: December 31, 2011, 07:19:27 am by PaleoPhil »

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk