Author Topic: Ron Paul for President of the USA  (Read 228430 times)

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
Re: Ron Paul for President of the USA
« Reply #425 on: January 04, 2012, 05:20:37 pm »
Sorry guys, but given the results, my general estimation of the average IQ of the US population has just sunk to a dismal low. I mean, how can anyone but a village idiot still believe in the NeoCon notions of slaughtering people abroad any old where even if it doesn't actually serve their own national interests, and how can anyone but a village idiot  still believe in the absurdity of religion re Creationism etc.?

*Sorry, I'm just annoyed at all this as I expected more from the US voters. After all, I am also well aware that any nation that could elect Tony Blair to power can't be too bright, either, as a whole. Why can't we just go back to the Athenian or 17th-18th century English ideal of democracy where only a few in every population were allowed to vote? Perhaps one could force people to do a general knowledge test re the history of their nation and that of others, basic geography tests (that I passed aged 8!) etc. etc., and only allowing those who scored 85%-plus in the tests to vote or to stand as a political candidate. Plus, perhaps we could also have lie-detector tests to prevent odious but clever, corrupt slime like Tony Blair from getting voted in. Using all those methods,  we could prevent retards like Cain, Santorum, Romney, Gingrich, Giuliani and Bachman from embarassing themselves in public re spouting historically-false information etc. I mean,  have a look at those youtube videos of the other candidates humiliating themselves and you'll see what I mean.

Ah well, there was a good sign, though in the Daily Telegraph. I read one or two articles attacking Ron Paul and bewailing the "death" of NeoConservatism - they'd obviously been paid to write their articles by the US government.
« Last Edit: January 04, 2012, 07:26:36 pm by TylerDurden »
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
  • Geek Healer Truth Seeker Pro-Natal Pro-Life
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
« Reply #426 on: January 04, 2012, 06:10:43 pm »
Seems the old people there don't do internet.

Or the counting was rigged.

Linux Geek, Web Developer, Email Provider, Businessman, Engineer, REAL Free Healer, Pro-Life, Pro-Family, Truther, Ripple-XRP Fan

I'm the network administrator.
My business: Website Dev & Hosting and Email Server Provider,
My blogs: Cure Manual, My Health Blog, Eczema Cure & Psoriasis Cure

Offline SkinnyDevil

• Chief
  • "...embrace your fear..."
    • View Profile
    • Skinny Devil Music Lab
« Reply #427 on: January 04, 2012, 09:50:14 pm »
I called it wrong.

Santorum's timing for his peak was perfect. Gotta give credit where it's due (even if I can't stand the guy). Perfect enough he took my prediction of Romney & Paul and pushed Paul down a notch (& almost pushed Romney down a notch, too).

Was glad to see Gingrich's slide. Hoping it continues.

Wondering if Bachmann (especially after her ego-laden prediction) will have the good sense to bail, though it doesn't look likely....wondering how long Santorum can ride his wave (given he doesn't have much organization in NH & beyond), though assuming it will be carbon-copy of Huckabee 4 years ago....wondering why Perry suspended his campaign (thought he'd hang on to see if he could pass Gingrich and get up to a solid 4th place nationally, but looks like yet another Perry blunder that will open the door to a Bachmann or Gingrich recovery).

Of interest....Paul had 48% of the youth vote (30 & under he took 1st place with 2nd place holding under half that) but only a drip of the 65 & over crowd (5th place).

Things could get exciting in NH & SC....
-
--
David M. McLean
Skinny Devil Music Lab
http://www.skinnydevil.com

Offline raw-al

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #428 on: January 04, 2012, 09:54:42 pm »
That's very true, religion is pretty big issue down south.  I don't think Paul played religion card that much.

Just watched an interesting DVD set on "The Ten Days That Changed American history. I recommend it. There was a section on the Scopes trial, which was about the trial of the teacher that taught evolution in a high school. The whole thing was an orchestrated circus, quite amusing.

PaleoPhil,
I love it - Theocons :)
Cheers
Al

Offline raw-al

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #429 on: January 04, 2012, 09:58:37 pm »
Of interest....Paul had 48% of the youth vote (30 & under he took 1st place with 2nd place holding under half that) but only a drip of the 65 & over crowd (5th place).

Things could get exciting in NH & SC....
In that case, everyday Paul's support increases. (old folks cack)
Cheers
Al

Offline SkinnyDevil

• Chief
    • View Profile
    • Skinny Devil Music Lab
« Reply #430 on: January 04, 2012, 10:16:13 pm »
Addendum to my post above...looks like Bachmann will drop out after all. She's called a press conference for this morning and advance notice says she's going to announce her retirement from the campaign.

With only Romney, Santorum, Paul, Gingrich, & Huntsman left, this may be the opening Huntsman has been looking for. He's counting on NH (though Paul & Romney have a good ground game already set there).
« Last Edit: January 04, 2012, 11:01:33 pm by TylerDurden »
-
--
David M. McLean
Skinny Devil Music Lab

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #431 on: January 04, 2012, 11:01:16 pm »
What I thought was that the more candidates there were who supported the same views Ron Paul is dead-set against, the more split their votes would be between them, thus lowering each of their own individual numbers of votes and thereby allowing Ron Paul to have a greater chance of winning the nomination.

Admittedly, with Bachmann wisely standing down, those who voted for her may well vote for Ron Paul instead in future States, given that he is the "godfather" of the Tea Party movement, if not a NeoCon moron like Bachmann. Then again, so few voted for her in Iowa, that I doubt it....
« Last Edit: January 05, 2012, 02:23:30 am by TylerDurden »
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #432 on: January 05, 2012, 01:25:29 am »
Ron Paul has been proven right yet again. Because of the EU's retarded kowtowing to the US re imposing sanctions on Iran, the price of oil has gone up in response:-

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/debt-crisis-live/8991315/Debt-crisis-Live.html
" Ron Paul.

Offline sabertooth

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #433 on: January 05, 2012, 01:44:17 am »
If Paul had gotten Bachmans votes he would of won In Iowa.

Also if you put any one candidate up aginst Paul, Paul would most likely win.

Is it plausible that factions of the Gop, by supporting people like Bachmann and Santorum in the primary elections , when its obvious that they are not real contenders, are not engaged in some type of political primary Gerrymandering in order to keep Paul from winning the early primaries. Then after Paul is out of the way the Gop will turn on the the other alternative candidates who stole Ron Paul's votes, and then give total support for a Romney or Gingrich type establishment Toady.

It a bit of a conspiracy theory, but I don't put anything past the Gop's top ranking and their trickery.
A man who makes a beast of himself, forgets the pain of being a man.

Offline Projectile Vomit

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #434 on: January 05, 2012, 01:54:35 am »
It was deeply fulfilling to see a true radical like Ron Paul make such a solid showing at the GOP Iowa Caucus. This is fixing to be the most exciting election in decades, as far as I'm concerned.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2012, 02:24:24 am by TylerDurden »

Offline cherimoya_kid

• One who bans trolls
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #435 on: January 05, 2012, 03:02:11 am »
He'll have to convince the Southerners that he has "gotten religion" and is a true religious conservative and overcome the Mormon liability that has turned off many Southern Baptists.

Hell will freeze over before Southern Baptists will elect a Mormon.  Those people are taught on Mother's knee and in Sunday School that Mormons are part of a cult.  I know, I was raised Southern Baptist.

« Last Edit: January 05, 2012, 03:12:57 am by TylerDurden »

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #436 on: January 05, 2012, 03:17:45 am »
The following article has its flaws, but supports RP's ideas:-

http://stopwar.org.uk/index.php/united-kingdom/1023-this-sabre-rattling-against-iran-is-beyond-stupid

It points out some salient facts. Unfortunately, despite the Guardian writer being leftwing, he quotes from Rudyard Kipling's poem "The Gods of the Copybook Headings" which is actually a heavily rightwing-leaning poem. The writer is also ignorant of history in that he seems unaware that the US threatened(and used) nuclear weapons on Japan in WW2(the only country ever to have done so).
« Last Edit: January 05, 2012, 07:41:34 am by TylerDurden »
" Ron Paul.

Offline PaleoPhil

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Mad scientist (not into blind Paleo re-enactment)
    • View Profile
« Reply #437 on: January 05, 2012, 07:34:50 am »
PaleoPhil,
I love it - Theocons :)
;D Thanks, though I didn't coin it and Wordspy dates its use to as early as 1979 (http://www.wordspy.com/words/theocon.asp).

However, I believe I was the second person with a Google-recorded use of the term "theofascist" (by which I meant the real extremists like Al Quaida and those people I've encountered on the Internet who want to bring back stoning of gays, "voluntary slavery," replacing the Constitution with the Ten Commandments and so forth, justifying these goals in part with the Bible or Koran--and some of them immorally tried to co-opt the libertarian Free State movement, failing miserably, unsurprisingly) in an Internet forum or blog. I started using the term on the Internet in 2003 and I nerdily later wondered if anyone else had used it, so I Googled it and the only other Google hit on the term that popped up back in 2005 other than my libertarian forum posts was by a blogger who used it a bit earlier in 2003. I think I might have used it even earlier in a forum that unfortunately got deleted, so I can't prove it. Now Google produces 15,900 hits on the term, which I like to think I contributed to.  ;D
« Last Edit: January 05, 2012, 07:51:28 am by PaleoPhil »
>"When some one eats an Epi paleo Rx template and follows the rules of circadian biology they get plenty of starches when they are available three out of the four seasons." -Jack Kruse, MD
>"I recommend 20 percent of calories from carbs, depending on the size of the person" -Ron Rosedale, MD (in other words, NOT zero carbs) http://preview.tinyurl.com/6ogtan
>Finding a diet you can tolerate is not the same as fixing what's wrong. -Tim Steele
Beware of problems from chronic Very Low Carb

Offline PaleoPhil

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Mad scientist (not into blind Paleo re-enactment)
    • View Profile
« Reply #438 on: January 05, 2012, 07:48:43 am »
Hell will freeze over before Southern Baptists will elect a Mormon.  Those people are taught on Mother's knee and in Sunday School that Mormons are part of a cult.  I know, I was raised Southern Baptist.
Indeed, I've seen some Southern Baptists claim they will never vote for a Mormon and I have an orthodox Roman Catholic relative who claims, like Southern Baptists, that Mormons are cultists, not Christians (I'll stay out of that argument), but it will be interesting to see if their votes match their rhetoric. People tend to say one thing and do another in the secret ballot.

I do suspect that Romney will have a tougher time in the old South, though he should do reasonably well in Florida. Romney is helped by the fact that the theocons are still somewhat split between Santorum and Perry.

"this-sabre-rattling-against-iran-is-beyond-stupid"

Agreed. It's self-destructive. It will seem particularly stupid years from now when the US is good friends with Iran, just like the xenophobic "Jap-bashing" newsreels and nuking of Japanese civilians during WWII now are embarrassing to many Americans, now that we are good friends with Japan. War hysteria has a way of making reasonable people unreasonable. It's disgusting to see most of the Republican candidates try to ride a wave of war hysteria and xenophobia into office.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2012, 08:01:23 am by PaleoPhil »
>"When some one eats an Epi paleo Rx template and follows the rules of circadian biology they get plenty of starches when they are available three out of the four seasons." -Jack Kruse, MD
>"I recommend 20 percent of calories from carbs, depending on the size of the person" -Ron Rosedale, MD (in other words, NOT zero carbs) http://preview.tinyurl.com/6ogtan
>Finding a diet you can tolerate is not the same as fixing what's wrong. -Tim Steele
Beware of problems from chronic Very Low Carb

Offline SkinnyDevil

• Chief
    • View Profile
    • Skinny Devil Music Lab
« Reply #439 on: January 05, 2012, 11:11:22 pm »
Seems Perry is back in the running.

Not as stupid as I thought. That may well close the only opening Huntsman was likely to get, and he'll likely pick up Bachmann's vacated votes. If he can rally, he'll be in the running to split Santorum's votes when people realize how fiscally UN-consrevative he is. Could put him back in the running.

Paul's 3rd place was actually, numbers-wise, where they thought they'd be (according to several reporters who were "embedded" with the campaign). They thought the votes for Santorum, Bachmann, & Perry would be more evenly distributed, which would have had RP in 2nd right behind Romney.

As an aside, the Iowa caucus is non-binding, so no one actually won anything yet....meaning Santorum could fall hard.

Looks good for RP going into NH next week. It's possible Santorum could ride that wave, but he'll likely come under heavy fire before then. His religious extremism & big spending won;t fare well with those who just wan to beat Obama. Nor will his spending record fare well with the hard-right.

-
--
David M. McLean
Skinny Devil Music Lab

Offline SkinnyDevil

• Chief
    • View Profile
    • Skinny Devil Music Lab
« Reply #440 on: January 05, 2012, 11:20:07 pm »
One last thought....

Ron Paul will likely do better in states with open (rather than closed) primaries. Those states include South Caroline (the 3rd primary), Georgia, & Texas (2nd only to California for number of delegates).

If he capitalizes on the mobilizing the youth vote & slamming the open primaries, he may actually give Romney a real run for his money.

One critique: Given that conservatives & republican's primary concern with Paul is his foreign policy, I don't understand why he doesn't make a bigger deal out of the fact that he pulls in 60-70% of the money donated by active military personnel. He takes in more than all other republicans combined...and he pulls in far more than Obama.

If he doesn't push that stat harder, he may be shooting himself in the foot.
-
--
David M. McLean
Skinny Devil Music Lab

Offline magnetic

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #441 on: January 05, 2012, 11:39:08 pm »
If he doesn't push that stat harder, he may be shooting himself in the foot.

If you watch his latest interviews, he does mention it a few times. See:

http://www.dailypaul.com/199953/ron-paul-will-be-on-the-kudlaw-report-tonight-wed-01-04-12-at-7-pm-et

Offline ys

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #442 on: January 06, 2012, 12:49:46 pm »
Sorry guys, but given the results, my general estimation of the average IQ of the US population has just sunk to a dismal low. I mean, how can anyone but a village idiot still believe in the NeoCon notions of slaughtering people abroad any old where even if it doesn't actually serve their own national interests, and how can anyone but a village idiot  still believe in the absurdity of religion re Creationism etc.?

*Sorry, I'm just annoyed at all this as I expected more from the US voters.

Here is some perspective on possible President Paul

What he can't do:
He cannot eliminate aid to other countries (Israel and such)
He cannot shut down American bases overseas
He cannot pull the U.S. out of the United Nations and similar
He cannot end various treaties
He cannot eliminate CIA
These and many other of his policies require congressional approval and he probably won't get it.

What he can do:
He can order to stop using drones to kill Al-qaeda or any other terrorists in general
He can order troops to disengage all current involvements and go home.

Anything else I missed?

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
« Reply #443 on: January 06, 2012, 03:36:33 pm »
He will shut down / take over the current FEDeral Reserve Bank.  (the 3rd US central bank and PRIVATE bank)

He will then replace it with the 4th US Central Bank which in the hands of the US people.  Something like what Andrew Jackson did.

Linux Geek, Web Developer, Email Provider, Businessman, Engineer, REAL Free Healer, Pro-Life, Pro-Family, Truther, Ripple-XRP Fan

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #444 on: January 06, 2012, 04:34:32 pm »
The US President has far more executive power than before. Plus, if Ron Paul can bring the troops home(I think he said he would use them to patrol US borders to stop illegal immigration?) then there would be no one to man the US bases abroad, which would mean that they would be a vast, unnecessary expense to the point where Congressmen would have to vote for the removal of those bases or face a serious voter backlash.

As regards treaties, plenty of European countries, such as France and Germany, have blithely ignored numerous EU laws which they personally didn't like  which the British have stupidly adhered to as blindly as possible. So, President Paul, simply by ignoring treaties and laws imposed by foreign organisations, refusing to pay for their upkeep etc.(re US payments to NATO and the UN) can carry on as he wants.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2012, 05:50:30 pm by TylerDurden »
" Ron Paul.

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
« Reply #445 on: January 06, 2012, 05:42:48 pm »
http://www.RonPaul.com - Please like, share, subscribe & comment!

01/05/2012

Ron Paul is America's leading voice for limited, constitutional government, low taxes, free markets, sound money, and a pro-America foreign policy.

To spread the message, visit and promote the following websites:

http://www.RonPaul.com
http://Store.RonPaul.com
http://www.RonPaul2012.com
http://www.WhyRonPaul.com
http://www.RonPaulCountry.com
http://www.house.gov/paul
http://www.DailyPaul.com
http://www.RonPaulForums.com
http://www.RonPaulFlix.com

Phil Donahue on Ron Paul & Foreign Policy

America is a warrior nation.  Creates wars, wars and more wars.
Do Americans know that they are the evil empire as is described in the Star Wars movies?
How many wars do you want to experience in your life time?
Stop starting all these wars.
Stop bombing other nations.
Can we have peace for a change?

Please vote Ron Paul for peace!

Offline ys

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #446 on: January 07, 2012, 02:20:41 am »
The US President has far more executive power than before.

Not really.  Or is there something I don't know?

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #447 on: January 07, 2012, 03:00:40 am »
Not really.  Or is there something I don't know?
  It is mentioned frequently that, ever since Roosevelt expanded the office of President re extra powers, that the US President has become more powerful than in previous times. The only exception was the US Congress making it more difficult for the US President to start wars(obviously a failure) and a law to stop US presidents from manipulating one type of budget, enacted because Nixon abused this power.
" Ron Paul.

Offline ys

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #448 on: January 07, 2012, 05:03:14 am »

The only exception was the US Congress making it more difficult for the US President to start wars(obviously a failure)

Are you talking about Libyan involvement?  Yes, President does not need Congress approval to order bombing raids.  Only when ground troops get involved.  Full-scale war in other words.

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #449 on: January 07, 2012, 06:24:31 am »
Are you talking about Libyan involvement?  Yes, President does not need Congress approval to order bombing raids.  Only when ground troops get involved.  Full-scale war in other words.
  No, the Congress acted after the Vietnam War to prevent the President from going to war.

As I recall, Obama did use ground troops in Libya to hunt Gadhafi:-

http://www.greeleygazette.com/press/?p=9032

The whole point is, though, that the US President can easily manipulate Congress into giving him the authority after he has already declared war:-

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Declaration_of_war_by_the_United_States

FDR managed to trick the United States into WWII despite a strong isolationist movement there, so if he could do it, so can any other President.
« Last Edit: January 07, 2012, 07:35:39 am by TylerDurden »
" Ron Paul.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk