Author Topic: Ron Paul for President of the USA  (Read 228248 times)

Offline raw-al

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
Re: Ron Paul for President of the USA
« Reply #575 on: February 06, 2012, 04:44:47 am »
http://www.forbiddenknowledgetv.com/videos/conspiracy/gingrich-bohemian-grove-observers-live-fantasy-lives.html

I have no idea of the accuracy, a friend sent it to me and he is a die hard Republican.

The note with the link goes:

"Presented with the taped comments of former
Presidents Clinton and Nixon about nudism and
unusual behavior at the infamous redwoods retreat,
as well as the inflammatory allegations of a male
prostitute in The New York Post, presidential candidate
and former House Speaker Newt Gingrich dismissed
questions about the secretive Bohemian Club by
claiming that the observations were products of
those living "fantasy lives." "
Cheers
Al

Offline PaleoPhil

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Mad scientist (not into blind Paleo re-enactment)
    • View Profile
« Reply #576 on: February 06, 2012, 05:22:50 am »
I have no idea of the accuracy, a friend sent it to me and he is a die hard Republican.
If you have no idea of the accuracy, is it a good idea to post it?
« Last Edit: February 06, 2012, 05:42:33 am by PaleoPhil »
>"When some one eats an Epi paleo Rx template and follows the rules of circadian biology they get plenty of starches when they are available three out of the four seasons." -Jack Kruse, MD
>"I recommend 20 percent of calories from carbs, depending on the size of the person" -Ron Rosedale, MD (in other words, NOT zero carbs) http://preview.tinyurl.com/6ogtan
>Finding a diet you can tolerate is not the same as fixing what's wrong. -Tim Steele
Beware of problems from chronic Very Low Carb

Offline balancing-act

• Deer Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #577 on: February 06, 2012, 05:37:26 am »
The Bohemian Club is very real; it's a northern California spot where U.S. political elites go and engage in bizarre occult rituals. They certainly believe in this creepy stuff, whether we do or not. Maybe Newt hasn't gotten an invite yet.
Interested in deep political matters? www.rigorousintuition.ca

Offline PaleoPhil

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #578 on: February 06, 2012, 05:47:04 am »
Yes, the Bohemian Club is real, but does it make sense to accuse Gingrich of membership without first checking into the facts? I'm a Ron Paul supporter, but I'd rather not stoop to the sorts of innuendo tactics that have been used against Ron.
>"When some one eats an Epi paleo Rx template and follows the rules of circadian biology they get plenty of starches when they are available three out of the four seasons." -Jack Kruse, MD
>"I recommend 20 percent of calories from carbs, depending on the size of the person" -Ron Rosedale, MD (in other words, NOT zero carbs) http://preview.tinyurl.com/6ogtan
>Finding a diet you can tolerate is not the same as fixing what's wrong. -Tim Steele

Offline balancing-act

• Deer Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #579 on: February 06, 2012, 05:56:19 am »
Oh, no, I guess I missed the context. Gingrich is not a Bohemian Club attendee; he's just an idiot.

But re: Ron Paul- I agree wholeheartedly about ending U.S. imperialism and the Drug War. But massively slashing social services domestically would be totally devastating to poor people. Some of you don't seem to have an actual class consciousness. The secret truth of the western world is that the vast majority of wealth comes through inheritance. And when you're born poor it's very hard bordering impossible to get out of it. The "American dream" is a lie, and I think we all know it. It's not really funny to slash the hell out of social service programs. Nor is it cool to support environmentally destructive projects such as what the Keystone Pipeline would have been, and to threaten to abolish the EPA. These are all libertarian aims, as well as disempowering unions. It sounds nice to put 100% faith in "the market," but here in reality unchecked corporate power is actually *the problem,* not the solution. We should regulate corporations and banks and provide social services to poor and middle-income people and building up infrastructure; that's what government *should* be doing. What it shouldn't be doing is waging wars all over the world and a phony Drug War at home. We should tax huge corporations (GE paid no taxes this year) and the Mitt Romneys of the world.
I like Ron Paul to a degree, but someone like Dennis Kucinich is much on point overall.
Interested in deep political matters? www.rigorousintuition.ca

Offline raw-al

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #580 on: February 06, 2012, 09:39:32 am »
Stopping the rich from getting richer is not going to happen, ever, no matter who is running the shop.

Getting GE/Romney to pay taxes is never going to happen.

What is being suggested is making it so we don't pay taxes also. That way we have more money to spend as we choose, rather than shipping it off to people in endless government black holes to spend how they want.

Very little of that money actually makes it out into social programs. It just makes government agencies like Freddie and Fanny more powerful so they can screw up in a more spectacular way.
Cheers
Al

Offline cherimoya_kid

• One who bans trolls
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #581 on: February 06, 2012, 10:54:33 am »
Stopping the rich from getting richer is not going to happen, ever, no matter who is running the shop.

Getting GE/Romney to pay taxes is never going to happen.

Taxes on the rich in the US were much, much higher in the 40s, 50s, 60s, 70s, 80s and 90s.  Why couldn't it happen again?

Offline raw-al

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #582 on: February 06, 2012, 11:28:27 am »
Taxes on the rich in the US were much, much higher in the 40s, 50s, 60s, 70s, 80s and 90s.  Why couldn't it happen again?
Because they aren't dumb. That's how they got rich.
Cheers
Al

Offline raw-al

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #583 on: February 06, 2012, 12:25:01 pm »
Do you have certainty on the accuracy of all of your statements?
Cheers
Al

Offline PaleoPhil

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #584 on: February 06, 2012, 08:32:29 pm »
Quote from: PaleoPhil on Yesterday at 04:22:50 pm

Do you have certainty on the accuracy of all of your statements?
What does that have to do with my question? Do you have an answer to my yes or no question? If the situation were reversed and Ron Paul was the one being criticized with an Internet rumor by someone who said they have no idea of its accuracy, would you be so understanding? After all, isn't integrity a good thing and the greatest strength of Ron Paul that attracts many people to him?
« Last Edit: February 06, 2012, 08:39:28 pm by PaleoPhil »

Offline PaleoPhil

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #585 on: February 06, 2012, 10:21:29 pm »
"Here’s a worrisome marker for the former Massachusetts governor [Mitt Romney]: Fifty-two percent of those polled said the more they hear about Romney the less they like him." http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/politics/2012/02/romney-takes-nevada-but-obama-takes-the-lead-the-note/

Offline raw-al

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #586 on: February 06, 2012, 11:40:33 pm »
I loved that bit in the video where he says that Canada has the same problem as the US as regards illiterate foreigners coming in via the southern border to steal peoples' jobs.
LOL,
Of course it was all very tongue in cheek, because that stuff goes on both ways. Canadians and Americans get along pretty well. There was quite a bit of concern when they almost beat us in hockey a couple of years ago. That would have been a national disgrace!  : )
Cheers
Al

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #587 on: February 07, 2012, 02:13:14 am »
I just came across another Ron Paul interview with Piers Morgan, one of our dumbest exports from the UK:-

Ron Paul Interview On Piers Morgan Part Two 02/03/12

For once, PM, near the end of the interview, asks Ron Paul an intelligent question about abortion in the case of rape. Ron Paul did state that he would suggest preventing conception in that case, unlike Rick Santorum, though RP wasn't, unfortunately, seemingly in favour of abortion at a later stage. I mean, women who've been raped are often ashamed/disgusted so sometimes don't report it,  and they usually only find out about being pregnant some  weeks afterwards. One would think that RP would allow for that, but, hey, maybe he needs votes from the pro-life crowd.
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline PaleoPhil

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #588 on: February 07, 2012, 04:42:43 am »
I had to stop watching that video. It was disgusting. Piers Morgan employed the Sean Hannity brand of interview in which the interviewer gives his opinions, misrepresents the interviewees positions and ridicules them, repeats Neocon lies, and then interrupts and ignores the truths that the interviewee shares. Once again the lie about Ahmadinejad saying that Israel should be wiped out was repeated and when Ron Paul pointed out that that's a lie it didn't seem to phase Morgan in the slightest and Morgan then went on to suggest that pointing out the lie of the war-mongering Neocons is akin to defending Ahmadinejad. It's sickening to think that thousands of Americans may die because of this lie, and so soon after thousands of Americans died because of a lie about WMD in Iraq.

Offline raw-al

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #589 on: February 07, 2012, 06:52:46 am »
After his outbursts were over, PM settled into some better interviewing techniques as opposed to his giving of opinions in the first part.
Cheers
Al

Offline PaleoPhil

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #590 on: February 07, 2012, 07:41:21 am »
I watched the rest and it was disappointing. It seemed like Ron contradicted himself on abortion and was almost arguing against himself. Overall it seemed like a befuddling cop out. Uncharacteristic for Ron, though it's somewhat understandable as it's an incredibly difficult issue.

Offline SkinnyDevil

• Chief
  • "...embrace your fear..."
    • View Profile
    • Skinny Devil Music Lab
« Reply #591 on: February 08, 2012, 09:44:46 pm »
Santorum? A fucking 3 state sweep for Santorum? Are you kidding me?

I'm going to shoot myself in the face.
-
--
David M. McLean
Skinny Devil Music Lab
http://www.skinnydevil.com

Offline raw-al

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #592 on: February 09, 2012, 12:48:48 am »
What does that have to do with my question? Do you have an answer to my yes or no question? If the situation were reversed and Ron Paul was the one being criticized with an Internet rumor by someone who said they have no idea of its accuracy, would you be so understanding? After all, isn't integrity a good thing and the greatest strength of Ron Paul that attracts many people to him?
Looks like we are both even, I did not answer your presumably rhetorical question and you did likewise.

This whole thread contains lots of statements by the authors and their links that are simply opinions, observations,  conspiracy theories, wild unsubstantiated guesses. I think you could go so far as to say that all interactions between human beings are that.

I posted that because I thought that someone might know something about it and clarify what it meant or how it would pan out. Generally on this discussion some very literate and knowledgeable people hang out and clarify things.

Politicians including RP live and die on their past life regardless of whether it is fair or not. NG has had his private life dredged up and discussed on the thread previously.
Cheers
Al

Offline PaleoPhil

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #593 on: February 09, 2012, 09:32:10 am »
I posted that because I thought that someone might know something about it and clarify what it meant or how it would pan out. Generally on this discussion some very literate and knowledgeable people hang out and clarify things.
I appreciate your good intentions, and I don't mean to disparage them. I do wish to explain that I've generally found that it doesn't pay to get deeper into publicly discussing conspiracy theories, as it only tends to give them more attention and credence than they deserve and I'm usually not interested in the theory anyway, including in this case. As a moderator in this forum, albeit for the moribund carnivore section, my interest is in promoting the habit of asking questions and in trying to help this forum stay above the level of the usual Internet muck. I think we're capable of better.

If you're interested in investigating the "truthiness" ;) of the claim, one avenue is to check out the credibility of the source. Conspiracy theories like that one are typically spread by sources with low credibility that can generally be safely ignored to save precious time, though every now and then even eccentric people can be right, or at least, entertaining. If it seems like the source could potentially be right, then you look for evidence, confirmation, logic, reason, etc. supporting it and especially check out the opinions of those who disagree. If those who disagree lean more on opinions, wild speculation and personal attacks than the ones promoting the theory, then that could suggest that there's something to it. Look for the sources who stick mainly to facts, who ask questions, who challenge their own assumptions and who present solid evidence. Beware of sources that rely solely or mainly on opinions, wild speculations, innuendo or rumor.

Politicians including RP live and die on their past life regardless of whether it is fair or not.
Plenty of people have defended RP when he has been unfairly attacked and as I already mentioned, the single biggest factor that sets Ron apart from all the other candidates of both parties is integrity (which is also wrapped into commitment and consistency). I'm not going to completely abandon one of the values Ron Paul promotes just because other politicians have little use for it. Don't worry, I don't have the slightest naive notion that we will ever be rid of hypocrisy, I'm just not going to embrace it.

Good luck and remember to vote for Ron Paul.  :D

It does look like the Theocons may finally be settling on a candidate (Santorum), though perhaps too soon to tell for sure.
« Last Edit: February 09, 2012, 09:39:14 am by PaleoPhil »

Offline sabertooth

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #594 on: February 09, 2012, 09:38:02 am »

Politicians including RP live and die on their past life regardless of whether it is fair or not. NG has had his private life dredged up and discussed on the thread previously.

So I guess I can never be president, oh well.

Perhaps Barrack won the democratic primary over Hillary because of Hillarys past baggage. Hilary had Establishment rank over Mr. Soetoro, she was far more experienced. Its not fair, she would have read the same scripts as were written for Obama ,but  her past made her credibility questionable so the bilderbergers decided the time was right to unveil their creation. Obama was a manufactured political creature. Its hard to find any real dirt on him.

When he speaks of hope and change , there isn't the image of Bill fornicating recklessly, or Hilary having her lover executed at the whitehouse, to distract the hypnotized from the regularly scheduled propaganda. 

Obama was carefully cultivated by his handlers, and most of his transgressions have been disregarded by the media. We have very little to go on other than rumors about his true identity. Is he bi sexual, did he smoke crack, is his wife a political prop, what was he doing for that year in Pakistan etc.

A multitude of Conspiratorial delusions persist in my mind, Forgive me, I just can't help it.

Was John McCain just a ringer run against Obama in the same way that Dole was run against Clinton? Is the lack of a unified voice of opposition going to guarantee that Obama will get reelected despite his terrible record and possible treasonous activities?

« Last Edit: February 09, 2012, 11:58:10 am by TylerDurden »
A man who makes a beast of himself, forgets the pain of being a man.

Offline PaleoPhil

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #595 on: February 09, 2012, 09:45:36 am »
If only conspiracy candidates win and we want Ron Paul to win, does that mean we want him to be the conspiracy candidate?  :o ???

Offline raw-al

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #596 on: February 09, 2012, 12:29:09 pm »
Obama was carefully cultivated by his handlers, and most of his transgressions have been disregarded by the media. We have very little to go on other than rumors about his true identity. Is he bi sexual, did he smoke crack, is his wife a political prop, what was he doing for that year in Pakistan etc.

I don't follow day to day stuff about politicians, (newspapers) so I don't know why the furor over Obama, but he certainly did bare his soul in his books. There is no secrets whatsoever. He did inhale and he did have dark nights of the soul.

Basically he was refreshingly honest and after years of WMD, etc. he was a shoe-in.

He scraped around the bottom, but he admitted and explained it, so no digging for dirt there. That's why I think he won.
Cheers
Al

Offline raw-al

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #597 on: February 09, 2012, 12:30:50 pm »
Now once Obama got the crown, well that's another story...
Cheers
Al

Offline sabertooth

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #598 on: February 09, 2012, 09:04:17 pm »
Bearing ones soul is not the same as being honest when it comes to the political arena. He covers for the transgressions of the men who put him into power. Perhaps he has been somehow compartmentalized to such an extent he is unaware, but I highly doubt it.

I concur with the late Gatewood Galbraith who said, "They are all a bunch of pussies"(regarding most politicians in general). They haven't the courage to stand for true convictions. Certain things will not be covered by the politics of today, there is a CONSPIRACY OF SILENCE, regarding real issues that never get brought up.

What does Obama have to say about 911, or the accusations of treason by financial journalist like Max Keiser? (nothing of relevance) Obama chooses to ignore conspiracy talk completely. Then proceeds to wag the dog with trivial partisan political quibbles over minor differences of policy, all the while progressing a hidden agenda of more federal control, and business as usual.

So much for hope and change.

Anyone else agree that there is a conspiracy of silence, perpetrated by the top ranking political leaders, in concert with mainstream media?

Even Ron Paul plays it carefully when speaking about certain issues on the network TV programs.
« Last Edit: February 09, 2012, 09:21:02 pm by sabertooth »
A man who makes a beast of himself, forgets the pain of being a man.

Offline SkinnyDevil

• Chief
  • "...embrace your fear..."
    • View Profile
    • Skinny Devil Music Lab
« Reply #599 on: February 09, 2012, 10:21:53 pm »
Hmmmm.....RP as VP? Interesting thought.

GOP Strategist: Ron Paul Will Be on GOP Ticket

OK...maybe I won;t shoot myself in the face after all. But I'm still pissed off about Santorum.
-
--
David M. McLean
Skinny Devil Music Lab
http://www.skinnydevil.com

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk