Author Topic: Ron Paul for President of the USA  (Read 228416 times)

CitrusHigh

Re: Ron Paul for President of the USA
« Reply #750 on: May 01, 2012, 12:30:12 am »
As would I lol

Lol wtf? Actually me too, ughhhmerica! ROFL

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
  • Geek Healer Truth Seeker Pro-Natal Pro-Life
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
« Reply #751 on: May 01, 2012, 12:42:07 am »
BREAKING NEWS: Ron Paul Winning Nomination (Either Way)!

www.JoshTolley.com Ron Paul is destroying Mitt Romney's GOP and this will lead to either a) Ron Paul GOP Nomination b) Ron Paul Third Party Run c) Mitt Romney beaten by President Obama.
Linux Geek, Web Developer, Email Provider, Businessman, Engineer, REAL Free Healer, Pro-Life, Pro-Family, Truther, Ripple-XRP Fan

I'm the network administrator.
My business: Website Dev & Hosting and Email Server Provider,
My blogs: Cure Manual, My Health Blog, Eczema Cure & Psoriasis Cure

Offline raw-al

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #752 on: May 01, 2012, 01:21:43 am »
Quote Klowcarb - I would have the best orgasm if Ron Paul were elected.

As would I lol
Hey, maybe you two should get together.

It would be a shame to have it alone.
Cheers
Al

Offline LePatron7

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
Disclaimer: I was told I was misdiagnosed over 10 years ago, and I haven't taken any medication in over a decade.

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #754 on: May 01, 2012, 01:54:28 am »
Jerry Doyle, the actor who played Garibaldi in the SF TV series Babylon 5, and who is now a Libertarian-Conservative radio host, endorses Ron Paul:-

Ron Paul Endorsed by Nationally Syndicated Radio Talk Show Host Jerry Doyle
« Last Edit: May 01, 2012, 10:29:22 am by TylerDurden »
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline ys

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #755 on: May 01, 2012, 03:18:52 am »
That's a non sequitur. Just because people hail Ron Paul doesn't necessarily mean they aren't aware that he is not likely to win. I am well aware that he isn't likely to win. I'll base my votes on the principles and policies the candidates espouse rather than the betting odds or joining the bandwagon. The odds are stacked against Romney too and the incumbent, Obama, is the most likely overall victor unless the economy takes a major turn for the worse before the election, but that doesn't mean I should vote for him.

not sure what non sequitur is. i'm not asking you to vote for anybody.  you are free to vote for whoever you like.  if Paul is not on the ballot feel free to write him in.

this is not about Romney or Obama.  this is about Paul.  as a presidential candidate he does not matter.  just like Nader did not matter in the past elections (besides helping Bush in 2000).  Paul should have started as a mayor then moving to governor.  he would have a record to show for where he could have materialized libertarian ideas.  as congressman he is nothing but empty talk.  he is simply saying what you like to hear.  nothing more.

but if it makes all of you feel any better keep posting pro-Paul youtubes and links.  i won't bring up inconvenient reality anymore.  enjoy your fantasy.

Offline raw-al

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #756 on: May 01, 2012, 03:28:22 am »
but if it makes all of you feel any better keep posting pro-Paul youtubes and links.  i won't bring up inconvenient reality anymore.  enjoy your fantasy.
Is that a promise or a threat?  ;D

Tis a free country or at least somewhat and you are free to type and we are free to listen or dismiss. It's easier to listen if you say something clever. You have said many clever things and it behooves people to listen as you are the voice of the naysayer.

If there is no dull and determined effort,
There will be no brilliant achievement.
Hsun-Tzu
Cheers
Al

Offline raw-al

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #757 on: May 01, 2012, 03:31:13 am »
not sure what non sequitur is.

Wackipedia-

Non sequitur ( /n?n?s?kw?t?r/) is Latin for "it does not follow." It is most often used as a noun to describe illogical statements.
Non sequitur may refer to:
Non sequitur (literary device), an irrelevant, often humorous comment to a preceding topic or statement.
Non sequitur (logic), a logical fallacy where a stated conclusion is not supported by its premise.
Non Sequitur (comic strip), a comic strip by Wiley Miller
Non Sequitur (Star Trek: Voyager), an episode of Star Trek: Voyager
Sequitur may refer to:
Sequitur algorithm
Cheers
Al

Offline PaleoPhil

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Mad scientist (not into blind Paleo re-enactment)
    • View Profile
« Reply #758 on: May 01, 2012, 05:41:27 am »
Thanks Raw-Al, you saved me having to write the explanation.
>"When some one eats an Epi paleo Rx template and follows the rules of circadian biology they get plenty of starches when they are available three out of the four seasons." -Jack Kruse, MD
>"I recommend 20 percent of calories from carbs, depending on the size of the person" -Ron Rosedale, MD (in other words, NOT zero carbs) http://preview.tinyurl.com/6ogtan
>Finding a diet you can tolerate is not the same as fixing what's wrong. -Tim Steele
Beware of problems from chronic Very Low Carb

Offline raw-al

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #759 on: May 01, 2012, 07:28:57 am »
I had to look it up myself anyways. LOL

I really liked the one Tyler came out with earlier:

"You are such a cheerless, little Philistine!"

Hadn't heard it in a while. Have to remember that one.  ;D
Cheers
Al

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
« Reply #760 on: May 01, 2012, 10:11:45 am »
I'm a realist like YS, but I'm the hopeful type.

The Powers That Be do not always win.... they sometimes lose!

For example:

- Lincoln won the war by printing greenbacks

- Andrew Jackson ended the 1st US Central bank which was private just like this 3rd Central Bank

Who knows, maybe Ron Paul and the awake movement will succeed in 2012.

Anyone watch Thrive the movie?

(Official Movie) THRIVE: What On Earth Will It Take?

A Ron Paul win is a step in the right direction.
Ron Paul supporters are aware of the problem as described in Thrive the movie.

People in 2012 are waking UP!
It is as the Mayan Calendar had predicted.
We humans have reached a new political consciousness, a new monetary creation consciousness.
Linux Geek, Web Developer, Email Provider, Businessman, Engineer, REAL Free Healer, Pro-Life, Pro-Family, Truther, Ripple-XRP Fan

Offline gc

• Boar Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #761 on: May 03, 2012, 12:19:54 am »

- Lincoln won the war by printing greenbacks

I've heard that this is the real reason why he was assassinated. I'd believe it. There is a small but powerful minority hell-bent on keeping control over the currency out of public hands.

I have the movie saved but I haven't had enough time by myself to watch it yet.
insert signature here

Offline sabertooth

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #762 on: May 03, 2012, 07:26:50 pm »
Honest Abe was taken out for wanting to keep the green back, just as Kennedy was taken out for wanting to return to it.

The real story is that Booth was a hired assassin working for European bankers who would lose real big if America kept using green backs. There is evidence that Booth actually got away, and that there was a cover up by the Military who shot a prisoner and claimed it to be Booth.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2012, 08:17:12 pm by TylerDurden »
A man who makes a beast of himself, forgets the pain of being a man.

Offline PaleoPhil

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #763 on: May 04, 2012, 09:22:27 am »
Win or lose, Rep. Ron Paul has succeeded in changing the dialogue in America.
http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/ron-paul-biography-republican-2012-presidential-candidates/story?id=14563821#.T6MtKauXR0q
Forget the Nomination, Ron Paul Revolution Taking Over the Entire Republican Party
http://www.dailypaul.com/230321/forget-the-nomination-ron-paul-revolution-taking-over-the-entire-republican-party
(S)ome Republicans said [Ron Paul] has already succeeded in pushing the Republican Party so far to the right on fiscal and budgetary matters that it has paid tangible dividends at the legislative level.

"There are a lot of establishment Republicans who need to thank Ron Paul for injecting a certain amount of courage to do what people always said needed to be done but where they also said, 'How do we do that?'" Iowa state Rep. Erik Helland said.

Helland said that in 2011, the legislature "deappropriated" $500 million over three years from programs such as state-mandated pre-school, government employee benefits and other programs that usually cause an outcry. Helland, who is the majority whip, said that on the Monday after they announced the spending cuts, he got back to Des Moines and "braced" himself for news of outrage from other state representatives who had spent the weekend meeting with constituents.

"They came back and said, 'We talked to our voters, they want to cut more,'" Helland said. "It was paradigm shifting. The voters started actually saying, 'cut.'"

Helland said he gives credit to Paul, who has spent a lot of time in Iowa over the past several years, for changing the political culture.

"Paul staked out such an aggressive dialogue on cutting government that some of the steps we've taken in the legislature and at the federal level are possible because Ron Paul talked about it to the extent that it became politically palatable," Helland said.

"Ron Paul is the most successful presidential candidate in the last couple decades, even though he hasn't won the election," he continued. "He has shaped the dialogue."

Ron Paul Racks Up Delegates, Putting GOP Establishment On Edge
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/05/03/ron-paul-delegates_n_1473035.html
(Granted, not the best source)
>"When some one eats an Epi paleo Rx template and follows the rules of circadian biology they get plenty of starches when they are available three out of the four seasons." -Jack Kruse, MD
>"I recommend 20 percent of calories from carbs, depending on the size of the person" -Ron Rosedale, MD (in other words, NOT zero carbs) http://preview.tinyurl.com/6ogtan
>Finding a diet you can tolerate is not the same as fixing what's wrong. -Tim Steele

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
Re: Ron Paul QUALIFIED in TAMPA Convention
« Reply #764 on: May 04, 2012, 05:38:53 pm »
Seems the USA revolution / spring is chugging along.

Ron Paul has qualified for nomination in the Tampa convention.

Ron Paul Qualifies for the Convention in Tampa
« Last Edit: May 05, 2012, 06:07:06 am by goodsamaritan »

Offline raw-al

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #765 on: May 06, 2012, 07:09:05 am »
Got this in an email. Looks a little suspect but looks like a great idea. Canada could use this as a template also.

'Subject: Fw: Warren Buffet: "I could end the deficit in 5 minutes,"

Warren Buffet: "I could end the deficit in 5 minutes," he told CNBC.
Warren Buffett, in a recent interview with CNBC, offers one of the best quotes about the debt ceiling:

"I could end the deficit in 5 minutes," he told CNBC. "You just pass a law that says that anytime there is a deficit of more than 3% of GDP, all sitting members of Congress are ineligible for re-election.

The 26th amendment (granting the right to vote for 18 year-olds) took only 3 months & 8 days to be ratified! Why? Simple! The people demanded it. That was in 1971 - before computers, e-mail, cell phones, etc.

Of the 27 amendments to the Constitution, seven (7) took one (1) year or less to become the law of the land - all because of public pressure.

Warren Buffet is asking each addressee to forward this email to a minimum of twenty people on their address list; in turn ask each of those to do likewise.

In three days, most people in The United States of America will have the message. This is one idea that really should be passed around.

Congressional Reform Act of 2011--or 2012:

1. No Tenure / No Pension.

A Congressman/woman collects a salary while in office and receives no pay when they're out of office.

2. Congress (past, present & future) participates in Social Security.
All funds in the Congressional retirement fund move to the Social Security system immediately. All future funds flow into the Social Security system, and Congress participates with the American people. It may not be used for any other purpose.

3. Congress can purchase their own retirement plan, just as all Americans do.

4. Congress will no longer vote themselves a pay raise. Congressional pay will rise by the lower of CPI or 3%.

5. Congress loses their current health care system and participates in the same health care system as the American people.

6. Congress must equally abide by all laws they impose on the American people.

7. All contracts with past and present Congressmen/women are void effective 1/1/13. The American people did not make this contract with Congressmen/women.

Congress made all these contracts for themselves. Serving in Congress is an honor, not a career. The Founding Fathers envisioned citizen legislators, so ours should serve their term(s), then go home and back to work.

If each person contacts a minimum of twenty people then it will only take three days for most people (in the U.S.) to receive the message. Don't you think it's time?

THIS IS HOW YOU FIX CONGRESS!

If you agree, pass it on. If not, delete.
You are one of my 20+ - Please keep it going, and thanks'
Cheers
Al

Offline PaleoPhil

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #766 on: May 07, 2012, 10:30:55 am »
Europe in turmoil as France and Greece reject austerity
http://www.cbc.ca/news/world/story/2012/05/06/f-vp-murray-europe-austerity.html

The facade of global stability and prosperity appears to be crumbling. The great ponzi scheme revealed. God help us all.

"I think he's being very careful because he knows how important the Ron Paul voters are – they obviously represent a very different dynamic," Mike Dennehy, a former top aide to Republican John McCain's 2008 campaign, told the AP. "They are the most passionate and the most frustrated of any voters heading to the polls. And many of them are independents."

http://www.alaskadispatch.com/article/how-ron-paul-won-maine-and-nevada-and-why-mitt-romney-should-worry
Well, well, well. At long last Romney is starting to treat Ron Paul and his supporters with some respect, which they forced him to do with their commitment, and by not listening to the people who said we should abandon Ron. Once again Ron Paul has succeeded.

Offline cherimoya_kid

• One who bans trolls
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #767 on: May 07, 2012, 11:56:40 am »
Raw-al, I like it.  I think it's a hoax, but I like it. I think we should add quite a few more people to Congress, though, to avoid the possibility of bribes, etc..

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #768 on: May 07, 2012, 06:09:13 pm »
Err, I saw previous videos of past debates many months ago, and Mitt Romney always referred to Ron Paul in respectful ways, referring to RP as being an expert on the Constitution etc.. I also once saw a Ron Paul video interview in which Ron said that he and Mitt Romney were friends, even if they did not necessarily coincide in their views. Plus, there were accusations levelled in the media at both campaigns that they were not sufficiently targetting each other's candidate and only deriding the other candidates. So MR is not suddenly changing his tune.
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
« Reply #769 on: May 07, 2012, 06:28:49 pm »
Ron Paul got Majority of Nevada delegates: 22 out of 25.

http://www.lasvegassun.com/news/2012/may/06/ron-paul-supporters-capture-majority-nevadas-natio/

Looks like Ron Paul has a real shot.

The reason I'm interested in the republican nomination is that the only real opposition to the US establishment is Ron Paul. Mr. Romney = Mr. Obama are both the establishment candidates. Only Ron Paul stands for real change, real challenge of the status quo. It is only with Ron Paul where we will have a chance at the abolition of the FED, stop the US WAR economy from seeing war as an engine of growth and profit... see PEACE as an engine of profit instead.

Offline PaleoPhil

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #770 on: May 08, 2012, 08:12:46 am »
Err, I saw previous videos of past debates many months ago, and Mitt Romney always referred to Ron Paul in respectful ways, referring to RP as being an expert on the Constitution etc..
I was focused more on celebrating Ron Paul's success in promoting and gaining some influence for the Ron Paul Revolution, the libertarian orientation in general, and specific policy views like deficit reduction (partly in response to the claims in this thread that Ron Paul has failed), than on Romney. Besides, Ron and Rand Paul said that the hype from Santorum and the media over a Paul/Romney alliance conspiracy was overblown:
Ron Paul: Santorum an ‘addict of conspiracies,’ alliance with Romney pure fiction
Submitted by bobbyw24 on Thu, 03/01/2012
http://www.dailypaul.com/217533/ron-paul-santorum-an-addict-of-conspiracies-alliance-with-romney-pure-fiction

“VP” RAND PAUL AND THE IMAGINARY ROMNEY/PAUL CONNECTION
http://www.ronpaul2012.com/2012/02/24/vp-rand-paul-and-the-imaginary-romneypaul-connection/
... Over the past week or so, Texas Rep. Ron Paul has been widely accused of being in cahoots with fellow Republican presidential candidate Mitt Romney. But Paul and his campaign say that charge simply isn’t true.

After primary polls closed in Arizona and Michigan on Tuesday, Paul suggested on CNN that Rick Santorum was an “addict of conspiracies” for alleging an alliance. “Some people are much more into conspiracies than others,” Paul said.

“There is no such ‘alliance’,” campaign spokesman Gary Howard told The Daily Caller. “Dr. Paul has on numerous occasions pointed out Gov. Romney’s bad record as he has for each of the candidates.”
Re: respect I meant politically more than personal friendliness or politeness. Romney is a smart guy and I figured there was a good chance he would start to make more substantive overtures to libertarian oriented voters at some point, and it sounds like he may be on the verge of doing that. If so, it has taken longer than I expected. Even if he does it, given his past record of flip flopping that the Ron Paul campaign has pointed out, I'm wary of putting too much stock into Romney's promises.
Support Ron Paul: Mitt Romney's Flip Flops - Serial Hypocrisy

Now that Romney's nomination has been bascially assured for some time, I expect we'll soon see more along the lines of political overtures, but, like GS, I've been unimpressed so far. While I like the fact that Romney has been personally polite to Ron Paul, up to now Romney's rhetoric hasn't been especially impressive regarding political and policy matters. For example:
“One of the people running for president thinks it’s OK for Iran to have a nuclear weapon,” Romney told voters here at Elly’s Tea and Coffee Shop, where a line stretched to the door to see him. “I don’t, I don’t trust ayatollahs ... I don’t trust those who back Hamas and Hezbollah.”
http://www.boston.com/politicalintelligence/2011/12/mitt-romney-criticizes-ron-paul-stance-iran/yiRZHOVELYpmcCUHzpjGGL/index.html

“I totally disagree with Ron Paul’s position on Iran and a whole series of other issues. I don’t believe he will become our nominee. I’m working harder than anyone I know to make sure he’s not our nominee.” http://www.reddit.com/r/politics/comments/nx80q/mitt_romney_on_ron_paul_im_working_harder_than/

Since the theocons and other strong conservatives don't seem enthusiastic about Romney (as pointed out in the videos below), I think it's possible that he might try moving in a more libertarian direction on some issues, particularly those that Paleoconservatives also favor, to try to harness some of their enthusiasm and support.
Will Conservatives Rally Around Mitt Romney?
Just How Damaged Is Mitt Romney?
Ann Coulter: Romney Will Lose In 2012(She has since changed her tune, but she was clearly not enthusiastic about Romney.)
« Last Edit: May 08, 2012, 09:16:39 am by PaleoPhil »

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #771 on: May 08, 2012, 01:00:33 pm »
It is possible for a politician to lie, you know. Here's an excerpt from one of your links above:-"Paul’s straightforward denunciation of talk of an “alliance” with Romney might not put to rest the theorizing. On Monday ThinkProgress published an analysis of 20 debates and found that Paul hadn’t directly attacked Romney in any of them — despite attacking other rivals a total of 39 times."

Before you claim that RP never lies, I would like to point out that, on certain issues, such as gay marriage, RP has shown on video an obvious attempt to obfuscate his real position - in Conservative circles it is anathema to be openly in favour of gays, and RP is clearly pro-gay given his Libertarian beliefs, so he had to spout rubbish about letting the States decide things.
" Ron Paul.

Offline PaleoPhil

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #772 on: May 09, 2012, 05:17:39 am »
I wouldn't claim that any politician never lies. Are you claiming that Ron Paul lied in this case and do you think that his longtime views on states rights are rubbish?

At any rate, my point was to celebrate the successful impact that Ron Paul has already achieved, not to debate whether there's a conspiracy plan between him and Mitt Romney to work together. I'll actually be happy if Mitt moves in a more libertarian direction (of course, it likely still wouldn't nearly be as libertarian as RP's orientation,  and thus still might not garner RP's endorsement, but it would be interesting to see what discussions might produce). There is reportedly a general libertarian tendency among Utah Mormons, so it wouldn't be unthinkable, though of course not all Mormons share the same political views. I would love to see the Neocon and Theocon squirming and shrieking that a Romney embrace of Ron Paul and his followers would cause. IIRC, Sean Hannity even went so far as to say that Ron Paul was the only Republican candidate he would oppose. And I think such an alliance might frighten the Obama campaign, as it would add a wild card and the youthful enthusiasm, technology and fund-raising savvy, and boots on the ground of the libertarian movement to the Republican campaign. However, my guess is that Romney won't go too far in that direction, to avoid upsetting the Neocons, Theocons, and Fox News.

Ron Paul on states rights/governing in 2007:
Ron Paul is Pro Life and for States Rights
In 2011:
Ron Paul on States Rights and the Nullification of Unproductive Laws
« Last Edit: May 09, 2012, 05:31:24 am by PaleoPhil »

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #773 on: May 09, 2012, 05:38:09 am »
I think his real policy is to leave all power to the individual. He rightfully hates leaving power to the State.

* I'm, incidentally, currently reading the work of Max Stirner"The Ego and its Own". It's even more extreme than RP's ideas, and suggests that we should not bow down to any authority at all, and view ourselves as our own masters.*

One other thing, PP:- You correctly criticised me on 2 occasions for citing a quotation that was quite different from its original one. I recently saw some appalling quotations supposedly from Ayatollah Khomeini which I was going to put in my signature, but now I'm not sure if they weren't invented by an anti-Islamist faction. Do you know of any website which checks the veracity of quotations? I used to use thinkexist.com until I saw that several of the quotations supposedly made by Dan Quayle there were actually fraudulent ones invented by Democrats.
" Ron Paul.

Offline PaleoPhil

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #774 on: May 09, 2012, 05:50:24 am »
I think his real policy is to leave all power to the individual. He rightfully hates leaving power to the State.
He does rightfully seem to favor individual liberties over states rights to a reasonable extent, though it's a matter of controversy, but he also favors states rights over federal perogative absent clear Constitutional support:
States' rights simply means the individual states should retain authority over all matters not expressly delegated to the federal government in Article I of the Constitution. Most of the worst excesses of big government can be traced to a disregard for states' rights, which means a disregard for the Ninth and Tenth amendments. ~ Ron Paul, 2002
You're right to warn about the potential abuses of the states rights concept, as some use it to try to promote mini fiefdoms in the USA, and some supporters of such have even tried to hijack the libertarian movement.

One other thing, PP:- You correctly criticised me on 2 occasions for citing a quotation that was quite different from its original one. I recently saw some appalling quotations supposedly from Ayatollah Khomeini which I was going to put in my signature, but now I'm not sure if they weren't invented by an anti-Islamist faction. Do you know of any website which checks the veracity of quotations? I used to use thinkexist.com until I saw that several of the quotations supposedly made by Dan Quayle there were actually fraudulent ones invented by Democrats.
Well, I didn't mean them as criticisms so much as a heads up. Snopes.com and http://www.bartleby.com are decent resources for checking quotes and there are a few tips here: http://www.quoteland.com/articles/identify.asp. Plus, if I really want to check a quote out thoroughly, I check multiple sources and add terms like "source", "origin" or "urban legend" to the search, seeking out sources that actually do some research and mythbusting. I look with skepticism upon any quote where the original source isn't cited. It also helps to be aware that some of the most popular and oft repeated quotes are misattributed or misinterpreted or both. I also try to find the original source, if possible. For example, I look for an actual videotape of someone saying the words they were quoted as saying, and check the context, which often gives a completely different picture than what the popular media portrays.

Oh, and it sometimes also helps to check opposing sources. So if a Democrat source says something, it can pay off to check a Republican or Libertarian source, for example, as there's lots of spin by all political parties and movements. Most of them now even have the annoying habit of regurgitating sound bites fed to them by party operatives without having any idea of their veracity, as you're probably aware.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2012, 06:08:08 am by PaleoPhil »

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk