Author Topic: Magnesium Intake on RZC  (Read 11090 times)

Offline magnetic

• Chief
    • View Profile
Magnesium Intake on RZC
« on: August 17, 2011, 09:49:05 am »
I recently realized that my diet is very low in magnesium. Some organs, like heart and spleen, supply approximately 25mg of magnesium in a 4 oz. serving. I do not eat "high magnesium" meats every day, so my daily intake must have been low for awhile. The mineral water I started drinking contains about 13.7mg of magnesium per bottle, which means I am getting about 40mg a day from mineral water. Does anyone else worry about magnesium intake? Is there a good animal source for magnesium? Is there an explanation for why RZC requires less magnesium than other dieters?

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
Re: Magnesium Intake on RZC
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2011, 01:59:51 pm »
    * Halibut
    * Oysters
    * Rockfish
    * Scallop
    * Salmon
    * Tuna

Buccino , snails and abalone. Caviar is also cited as being high in magnesium, but never seems to be sold raw.

I don't think you need to worry re this issue at all unless you are also consuming lots of raw dairy as well. Too much calcium in the diet is a problem if magnesium-intake is low by comparison.
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline magnetic

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2011, 05:52:12 pm »
    * Halibut
    * Oysters
    * Rockfish
    * Scallop
    * Salmon
    * Tuna

Buccino , snails and abalone. Caviar is also cited as being high in magnesium, but never seems to be sold raw.

I don't think you need to worry re this issue at all unless you are also consuming lots of raw dairy as well. Too much calcium in the diet is a problem if magnesium-intake is low by comparison.

I do eat a few pounds of fish a month, and right now no dairy. The government recommended amounts must be much higher than is really necessary, just like the calcium recommendations. Thanks.

Offline klowcarb

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2011, 11:57:19 pm »
I consider myself raw VLC now, as I hate the term ZC.

I get about 50% of the supposed RDA of magnesium from food (per FITDAY), mostly from meats, organ meats, etc. I also supplement with magnesium. But not eating grains, I do not believe we need to hit RDAs in many things that grains deplete.

Offline magnetic

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2011, 10:52:38 am »
I consider myself raw VLC now, as I hate the term ZC.

Why do you hate the term ZC/Zero Carb??

Offline klowcarb

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 21, 2011, 09:24:31 am »
Why do you hate the term ZC/Zero Carb??

It is associated in my mind with the stupid Walmart muscle meat only diet of ZIOH>

Offline magnetic

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 21, 2011, 09:26:37 am »
It is associated in my mind with the stupid Walmart muscle meat only diet of ZIOH>

Oh, I am not familiar with that. So it is a diet of 100% muscle meat from Wal-Mart? Which means it is all grain-fed, correct? Sounds painful.

Offline klowcarb

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 21, 2011, 09:27:15 am »
google "zioh." PaleoPhil can tell you about my hatred for that site ;).

Offline magnetic

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 23, 2011, 08:36:58 pm »
google "zioh." PaleoPhil can tell you about my hatred for that site ;).

I didn't know ZC/Zero Carb was associated with another forum in people's minds. But I never visited ZiOH or the forum because I came to eating 100% animal foods through raw paleo and not a cooked food diet. I never ate a low-carb diet or Atkins diet, I went from SAD to paleo.

RZC is convenient shorthand, but I never use it in real life. I just tell people what I don't eat, and eventually they figure out what I eat. Actually, most are really confused and just can't understand what I eat, what I consider to be food on my diet. Not that it matters because I don't eat socially, it is not a social act for me anymore.

Offline Waldpfad

• Egg Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 14, 2011, 11:11:56 pm »
Dairy isn't ZC.  8oz of (raw) dairy milk has 11g of milk sugar (carbs).
Raw plant matter has Carbs. Zero Carbs is extremely difficult to obtain, even eggs have carbs.

Offline RawZi

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Need I say more?
    • View Profile
    • my twitter
« Reply #10 on: October 15, 2011, 03:23:06 am »
Zero Carbs is extremely difficult to obtain, even eggs have carbs.

One cup of raw whole fresh eggs contain 30.6 grams of protein, 29.2 mg magnesium, 24.2 grams of fat and 1.9 grams of carbohydrates.  Goat muscle has zero carbohydrates.  Why does it matter to eat only absolute zero carb?  Of course egg has other nutrients.  It makes a whole animal.  Animals have livers which have carbs.  Steak does not a whole animal make in my comprehension.  Does your metabolism run differently if your carb intake is 3.467153284671533 percent of the total grams of macro-nutrients or if your carbs are 1/44.76315789473684th in calories of total macro-nutrients as found in the in eggs over if your carb intake is zero percent?  If so, in what manor?
"Genuine truth angers people in general because they don't know what to do with the energy generated by a glimpse of reality." Greg W. Goodwin

Offline raw

• Mammoth Hunter
  • country chickens and lambs and wild bugs
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 15, 2011, 12:39:23 pm »
Magnesium is very important for mentally ill people , to calm them down and put them to sleep. Too much magnesium, can cause diarrhea. So calcium intake is necessary for high magnesium intake. Peole like Lex Rooker or my son who are solely depend on entire animals to eat, not just on muscle meat, they usually don't think about magnesium itself. "cause entire animal is a complete diet itself.
« Last Edit: October 15, 2011, 01:43:18 pm by TylerDurden »
bugs or country chickens

Offline RawZi

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Need I say more?
    • View Profile
    • my twitter
« Reply #12 on: October 15, 2011, 07:02:08 pm »
... Peole like Lex Rooker or my son who are solely depend on entire animals to eat, not just on muscle meat, they usually don't think about magnesium itself. ..

I find similar.  As a vegetarian I wound up lacking magnesium.  I also lost the ability to meditate.  Large doses of manesium helped, but didn't hold.  With raw animal foods in my diet I no longer exhibit the magnesium deficiency problems and meditate well and easily and my breathing is profoundly better.  I haven't taken magnesium either.  I hear that getting enough raw fat in the diet gets rid of magnesium def symptoms and certain B vitamin def symptoms.
"Genuine truth angers people in general because they don't know what to do with the energy generated by a glimpse of reality." Greg W. Goodwin

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk