Author Topic: How much raw milk does everyone drink?  (Read 37959 times)

Offline RawZi

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Need I say more?
    • View Profile
    • my twitter
Re: How much raw milk does everyone drink?
« Reply #25 on: October 25, 2011, 04:09:28 am »
And that is why fish and blubber does me so well and seems to help with the milk craving.

I was rereading a little we2l book last night, and av recommends fish instead of dairy for some people.
"Genuine truth angers people in general because they don't know what to do with the energy generated by a glimpse of reality." Greg W. Goodwin

Offline Dorothy

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 25, 2011, 05:17:26 am »
I noticed in AV's book that 3/4 of the recipes include dairy Zi. I wish he would make a similar recipe book without the dairy if he thinks fish is better for some people.

Offline Alive

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 18, 2012, 06:28:00 am »
I have just found a supply of organic raw milk 5 l per week at $3/l = $15 per week.
It tastes much better than supermarket milk and my son loves it. Right now I'm having homemade raw milk yogurt for breakfast - it tastes a mix of sour milk & yogurt.
They sell the milk as pet food and 'not for human consumption' - luckily I am an animal  ;D

Offline Dorothy

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 19, 2012, 12:25:49 am »
I should add an update here in case it is useful to someone.

I've had a fairly clean and successful diet for decades. My bones were always extremely strong - at least they felt that way to me. Never injuries without very rapid and sometimes extraordinary healing. Never did my bones give me an issue.

A few years ago I added dairy to my diet. It was one of the few changes. The grass-fed raw milk that I made into cheese, whey and butter never made me feel bad - only good - at least on a temporary basis. I would go off of it for weeks sometimes - but over the course of a few years it became a general part of my diet - not in excess - just a nice addition.

I not too long ago (in the scheme of things) realized that my bones had become a problem. In exercise my bones would be the first to give out. I was always able to get up and do lots of intense physical labor without any exercise in-between - but I got to the point where I was feeling pain upon exertion in my bones and would get injured.

Tyler posted an article about dairy and I realize that I might have done long-term damage to my mineral balance and hence to my bones even though when I ate dairy I felt good from it generally. So, I gave up dairy. My bones have been getting stronger and stronger from the time I gave it up.

Because my diet had been so clean and basically consistent for decades I was able to evaluate the dairy for me in a way that perhaps few can. It was a clean experiment. I've never had a dairy allergy and when I got into raw grass-fed dairy I thought it was God's gift and I REALLY miss it in terms of taste and variety to my diet - so it's not like I have anything against dairy - actually - I was such a big dairy fan there for those years and still think it has it's place. I just wanted to make sure that people here know what my experience was and that my opinions on dairy have changed.

I am very grateful to this forum for showing me that dairy for me had long-term effects on me that I was not aware of and that in fact, staying away from dairy was and is important for me.

Offline tests

• Bear Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 31, 2013, 10:52:34 pm »
And that is why fish and blubber does me so well and seems to help with the milk craving.

where do you purchase your blubber from?

Offline tests

• Bear Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: May 31, 2013, 10:54:07 pm »
all forms of dairy, raw etc give me acne. I don't know why that is.

Offline raw-al

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 31, 2013, 11:24:20 pm »
 varies from 1.5 cups a day to a bit less than a liter a day.
Cheers
Al

Offline LePatron7

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 01, 2013, 12:45:04 am »
varies from 1.5 cups a day to a bit less than a liter a day.

I thought dairy doesn't work for you.
Disclaimer: I was told I was misdiagnosed over 10 years ago, and I haven't taken any medication in over a decade.

Offline raw-al

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 01, 2013, 03:50:05 am »
I thought dairy doesn't work for you.
No, I am a long time user. Pasteurized was a problem.
Cheers
Al

Offline RogueFarmer

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 12, 2013, 05:29:15 am »
A gallon

Offline On a Quest, you want in?

• Egg Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 21, 2019, 08:13:05 pm »
Talking dairy before refrigeration, surley all dairy was either fermented or made into cheese. My grandad only drank fresh milk from the udder warm as a little treat before making cheese, never as I drink , they drank about a cup of water a day max and a cup of wine with dinner, pretty basic , live until 80-90 down in the south of Europe eating pasta a bit of pork , some eggs and lamb all cooked, they have strong heritage I assume.
Has any one tried making yoghurt/kefir with there own saliva? So mixing milk a tablespoon or 2 of fresh milk in your mouth and mixing it into the milk you want to ferment ?

Offline Iguana

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Eating tuna fish
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: October 21, 2019, 09:50:46 pm »
None. No dairy ever since January 1987 and... I 'm fine! Amazing, isn't it?
Cause and effect are distant in time and space in complex systems, while at the same time there’s a tendency to look for causes near the events sought to be explained. Time delays in feedback in systems result in the condition where the long-run response of a system to an action is often different from its short-run response. — Ronald J. Ziegler

Offline On a Quest, you want in?

• Egg Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: October 21, 2019, 11:35:24 pm »
None. No dairy ever since January 1987 and... I 'm fine! Amazing, isn't it?
Well going by that, I haven't drank milk for 27 years. Obvs had some cheese on my pasta and pizza but that's it and that's cultural not personal need.
Now I drink it and appreciate the lengths the "old" went to work with these animals, same with eggs and honey.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk