Author Topic: 7 weeks on an all Raw Milk Diet  (Read 55514 times)

Offline PaleoPhil

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Mad scientist (not into blind Paleo re-enactment)
    • View Profile
Re: 7 weeks on an all Raw Milk Diet
« Reply #50 on: October 25, 2011, 10:44:13 am »
Heh, heh, thanks. It's a good sort of macho Caveman challenge.  ;) Of course, it was rainy tonight, so I wimped out of going to the market for lemons.  -[ I was planning on passing on the vinegar, but I do have some, so if I survive the lemon juice I might try that too, though I suspect I should save that for a weekend, as I've never liked vinegar except in heavily spiced salad dressings (where the taste is basically overwhelmed by the spices).

Coincidentally, my naturopath had recommended consuming lemon juice as a digestive aid, akin to the HCL supplements frequently touted at this site. I know what you mean about not giving the GI system crutches, though. Consuming sea salt actually makes a bit more sense to me, as it is used by the body to make HCL, rather than a direct crutch replacement for lacking HCL.
« Last Edit: October 25, 2011, 10:50:49 am by PaleoPhil »
>"When some one eats an Epi paleo Rx template and follows the rules of circadian biology they get plenty of starches when they are available three out of the four seasons." -Jack Kruse, MD
>"I recommend 20 percent of calories from carbs, depending on the size of the person" -Ron Rosedale, MD (in other words, NOT zero carbs) http://preview.tinyurl.com/6ogtan
>Finding a diet you can tolerate is not the same as fixing what's wrong. -Tim Steele
Beware of problems from chronic Very Low Carb

Offline reyyzl

• Bear Hunter
  • Raw Chicken Schwarma
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: March 25, 2012, 06:25:11 am »
    Did you do it, Zeno?
"A genuine RPDer should always live by the coast." -TylerDurden Global Moderator Mammoth Hunter

Too often we get caught up trying to get to the end. What is most important however is to discover the beginning. We don’t solve problems or start to heal unless we can be willing, be kind, laugh a little and commit to seeking until we find. If we can, we’ll get started. I’ll meet you at the beginning!
“Reflections on My Travels…India” by Michael J Tamura ~ pg. 57

Offline Charlie4444

• Boar Hunter
    • View Profile
    • http://www.healthylevelup.com
« Reply #52 on: March 25, 2012, 06:42:31 am »
I'm also currently experimenting with raw milk, and generally conclude that it has negative effects for me, makes me foggy and depressed.  However, if I'm craving something rich and fatty and creamy for some reason, a glass of raw milk will be overall beneficial.  But, if I use it as a staple, like I look at raw meat, raw honey, avacados, veggie juice, etc, then I tend to be foggy and depressed.

From all my experiments in the past three years, I keep coming back to that we are best eating what we'd eat if we were primal beings.  That means no eggs, and no dairy!  Why do we eat these things!  It would be bizarre for a gorilla to eat dairy or eggs. 

Offline zeno

• Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: March 25, 2012, 11:31:37 am »
It would be bizarre for a gorilla to eat dairy or eggs. 

I hate to burst your bubble, but since when did gorillas juice vegetables?    ;)

Maybe gorillas wadge vegetables. I don't know and don't care. How about we focus on what works best for us as humans and individuals? ;D

Offline Charlie4444

• Boar Hunter
    • View Profile
    • http://www.healthylevelup.com
« Reply #54 on: March 25, 2012, 09:45:53 pm »
I hate to burst your bubble, but since when did gorillas juice vegetables?    ;)

Maybe gorillas wadge vegetables. I don't know and don't care. How about we focus on what works best for us as humans and individuals? ;D

I agree, whatever works is still most important.  Better to be happy than right.  Just from empirical evidence from people who are very ill, dairy and eggs always seem to not be healing.   

Offline reyyzl

• Bear Hunter
  • Raw Chicken Schwarma
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: April 24, 2012, 10:51:21 am »

I've seen people who could digest nothing else, subsist on raw pastured eggs.

Brady, are you drinking milk now?
"A genuine RPDer should always live by the coast." -TylerDurden Global Moderator Mammoth Hunter

Too often we get caught up trying to get to the end. What is most important however is to discover the beginning. We don’t solve problems or start to heal unless we can be willing, be kind, laugh a little and commit to seeking until we find. If we can, we’ll get started. I’ll meet you at the beginning!
“Reflections on My Travels…India” by Michael J Tamura ~ pg. 57

Offline Brady

• Buffalo Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Irishaman
« Reply #56 on: May 17, 2012, 07:18:01 pm »

I've seen people who could digest nothing else, subsist on raw pastured eggs.

Brady, are you drinking milk now?

Yeah I drink about 1.5 - 2 L per day.

I would not recommend an all egg diet to anyone, need some carbs and alkaline minerals.
The culture and civilization of the White man are essentially material; his measure of success is, "How much property have I acquired for myself?" The culture of the Red man is fundamentally spiritual; his measure of success is, "How much service have I rendered to my people?"

Ernest Thompson Seton

Offline rawlion

• Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: May 26, 2012, 03:41:52 pm »
Heres its three months milk and blood only.

http://news.nationalgeographic.com/news/2011/05/pictures/110511-best-pictures-sony-world-photography-awards/#/world-photography-contest-2011-sports_35452_600x450.jpg

heh heh, sexy.

Apparently six months on milk and blood is not nearly enough to lose all that fat...
« Last Edit: May 26, 2012, 08:24:17 pm by TylerDurden »
It’s time to Eat Like An Animal!

Offline cherimoya_kid

• One who bans trolls
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: May 26, 2012, 10:13:32 pm »
Apparently six months on milk and blood is not nearly enough to lose all that fat...

I think they were trying to gain weight, not lose it.

Offline Dorothy

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: May 27, 2012, 01:18:49 am »
How are you feeling on the all that milk now Brady?

Offline Brady

• Buffalo Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Irishaman
« Reply #60 on: May 28, 2012, 10:21:05 pm »
How are you feeling on the all that milk now Brady?

Hi Dorothy,

I incorporated solid food back into my diet at Xmas; it’s now mainly Raw Fish, Raw Butter, Raw Milk, Raw Honey, Raw Eggs Fruit, a little juicing (I would like to do more).  I have also played around with some cooked starches (sweet potato, parsnip), to aid sleep.  The Raw Milk did see a considerable improvement in sleep quality as did other lifestyle changes I made.  I am still working on these (as you know) and will post in due course with my success.

Raw milk is easily the most essential part of my diet, without it I'm anxious, acidic and dehydrated. 

I am actually gearing up for a second go at The All Milk Diet,  an excess of fruit, Raw Eggs (whole) and the cooked starches, although yummy and fun, have left my gut a little out of balance.  I'm not as sharp as I was coming of the AMD so I'm going to do it again, then limit my fruit and probably eliminate eggs and starches altogether.  I just takes quite a bit of organisation ensuring I have a large enough supply to keep me going and the equipment to skim it, plus I will really miss my Mackeral and Honey!

One other thing I’d like to mention is about High Meat.  Despite everything I had read on it and the reports from people (many on this forum) I never experienced any of the feelings of elation that it gives.  Nor did it help with constipation.  This despite eating copious amounts (read my early posts).  Well around 3 weeks ago I ate around 3 tbs of ground lamb ages around 9 months and within hours I was in bliss; I can only compare it to taking Cocaine (something I haven’t done in a very long time) except without the paranoia.  I enjoyed it so much I have 4 jars brewing in the shed, and the warm weather is really moving it along!
I now understand why I got no benefit.  I was so imbalanced biochemically that the bacteria rich meat had no effect.  My body was so acidic it was too busy trying to find homeostasis to notice any benefit.  That’s were the raw milk came in, the alkaline minerals and cream was just what my body needed to regain some balance.  I’m still a little acidic, that’s why I would like to Juice more, it’s just the process of it is tedious.
The culture and civilization of the White man are essentially material; his measure of success is, "How much property have I acquired for myself?" The culture of the Red man is fundamentally spiritual; his measure of success is, "How much service have I rendered to my people?"

Ernest Thompson Seton

Offline Dorothy

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: May 29, 2012, 09:45:15 am »
Do you test the ph of your saliva and/or urine Brady? What's your usual range these days. Does milk change that significantly? Why do you think that is - the calcium? That Barefoot doctor guy that sold all that coral calcium said that it was used to bring the ph down - interesting that raw milk brings ph levels down when I've read that it was supposed to be acid building. All that stuff is confusing.

But glad you are feeling better! Please keep us posted on the results of going back on your all milk diet please.

Offline Milk Man

• Forager
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: August 20, 2013, 05:37:29 pm »

I incorporated solid food back into my diet at Xmas; it’s now mainly Raw Fish, Raw Butter, Raw Milk, Raw Honey, Raw Eggs Fruit, a little juicing (I would like to do more).  I have also played around with some cooked starches (sweet potato, parsnip), to aid sleep.  The Raw Milk did see a considerable improvement in sleep quality as did other lifestyle changes I made.  I am still working on these (as you know) and will post in due course with my success.

Hello Brady

I've just started the raw milk diet. I sleep better and feel better already. It's been a week now.
However I have one problem.
My stool is a bright yellow and it floats.

Are you experiencing this as well?

MM

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk