Author Topic: Best natural source of astaxanthin  (Read 2668 times)

Offline Haai

• Shaman
    • View Profile
Best natural source of astaxanthin
« on: October 30, 2011, 09:47:08 pm »
Which food contains a higher concentration of astaxanthin? Krill or wild salmon? And Krill pacifica or superba?

If anyone can put a figure on it that would be great. I've tried googling it without success.

Wild salmon is already a major part of my diet, but I also know that krill is a good source of astaxanthin. After finding a source of whole krill (from fishfood shop lol) I'm interested to know whether this might be a better source of astax.
"In the modern, prevailing view of the cosmos, we sit here as tiny, unimportant specks of protoplasm, flukes of nature, and stare out into an almost limitless void. Vast, nameless tracts of emptiness dominate the scene. Talk about feeling small.
But we do not look out at the universe; it is, instead, within us, as a rich 3-D visual experience whose location is the mind" - R. Lanza, Beyond Biocentrism.

Offline jack

• Forager
    • View Profile
Re: Best natural source of astaxanthin
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2012, 08:06:30 pm »
Krill oil contains the antioxidant vitamins, A and E along with astaxanthin. These help fight free radical activity in the body. Krill doctor Professional is one of the best products in its class as it has 2x more Phospholipids & Omega-3 DHA and EPA, as compared to other Krill products available in market.

Offline stevesurv

• Boar Hunter
    • View Profile
Re: Best natural source of astaxanthin
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2012, 07:14:39 am »
Or you can buy a bottle of 60 gel caps of good quality astaxanthin on vitacost.com for like 10 bucks.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk