Author Topic: Leftovers??  (Read 5040 times)

Offline Aaaaaa

• Bear Hunter
    • View Profile
Leftovers??
« on: December 09, 2011, 08:30:12 am »
So...today is my first day eating raw.  So far I'm eating raw beef and marrow, eggs and some raw veggie juice.  I really overestimated the amount of raw meat I'd be able to eat.  So, now I have about anohter meal's worth of sliced up raw beef, with salt, pepper, ACV, egg yolk and curry powder. 
How can I store this?  Is it OK to store in the fridge and eat tomorrow?  I am very perplexed on how to store raw meats!
Thanks, and sorry for the silly question!

CitrusHigh

Re: Leftovers??
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2011, 08:44:21 am »
I don't really care for cold meat as much as I do room temp or preferably body temp, so I try to leave my meat out for a while if I can. Like if I'm going to have raw meat for breakfast, Ill leave it out over night so it's not icecold in the morning (especially during winter when I'm wanting to warm up in the morning, not cool down!)

However if you want it in the fridge you can either put it in their uncovered and it should dry out a bit which will seal it if it's thick cuts, or it will dry all the way through if it's very thin. Or you can cover it and it will stay moist. But remember, we're not concerned about microbes, you can store it anyway you like, you can leave it on the counter for a month and eat what's left after that, not an issue, it's just whatever you find preferably aesthetically (taste, texture, smell) To find that out, store it different way, one covered, one uncovered, one left out, eventually you'll figure out what is most appealing to you.

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
  • Geek Healer Truth Seeker Pro-Natal Pro-Life
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2011, 08:45:15 am »
yes, I leave my beef in the ref for a week and it's fine.

I like cold meat.  Got to liking it cold at my 2 year mark.
Linux Geek, Web Developer, Email Provider, Businessman, Engineer, REAL Free Healer, Pro-Life, Pro-Family, Truther, Ripple-XRP Fan

I'm the network administrator.
My business: Website Dev & Hosting and Email Server Provider,
My blogs: Cure Manual, My Health Blog, Eczema Cure & Psoriasis Cure

CitrusHigh

« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2011, 09:05:32 am »
And I like cold meat more during summer, and you live in a warm climate GS (me jealous!) but it is about 20F here and warm is nice!

Offline Aaaaaa

• Bear Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2011, 09:53:52 am »
Oh, thank you all so much!  You have very much put my mind at ease : )  I was kind of freaking out there that I was doing something wrong...I think I probably should have brought more food with me to work besides just raw meat and marrow and an egg...its been a bit hard for me to get down enough to sustain my energy, since this is just my first day and while the *thought* of raw meat and fat sounds appealing, it sure doesn't taste that way yet. :S
But it is so good to know I can let it warm up instead of eating it cold!  It is SUPER cold here, too, and I do prefer warm foods.
« Last Edit: December 09, 2011, 04:36:42 pm by TylerDurden »

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
  • Geek Healer Truth Seeker Pro-Natal Pro-Life
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
« Reply #5 on: December 09, 2011, 10:25:44 am »
You need to taste different suppliers of your meats.
You also need to taste different species and different cuts.
So you will find what tastes good for you.
And note that your tastes will change.
Some species, and some suppliers taste better than others.

Taste taste taste taste taste around.
Linux Geek, Web Developer, Email Provider, Businessman, Engineer, REAL Free Healer, Pro-Life, Pro-Family, Truther, Ripple-XRP Fan

I'm the network administrator.
My business: Website Dev & Hosting and Email Server Provider,
My blogs: Cure Manual, My Health Blog, Eczema Cure & Psoriasis Cure

Offline Aaaaaa

• Bear Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 09, 2011, 10:41:32 am »
That sounds like a good plan, GS : )
I am REALLY hoping I can find somewhere that sells fresh grass fed meat, and fresh seafood!  I have a feeling that would be a lot more palatable than previously frozen...:P

Offline Aaaaaa

• Bear Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 10, 2011, 08:01:16 am »
Ok--another leftover question.  So, today I might have some meat left over from my lunch at work.  I'm keeping it in the fridge when not eating from it.  It is a mixture of chopped raw beef steak, egg yolk, dried tarragon and dried parsely and salt.  I ate about half of it using a spoon.  Is it OK to save it, even though my saliva has come in contact with it, since I was eating directly out of the dish?  Or should I scoop part of it into another dish if I think I might not eat it all.
I am not worried about bacteria etc. on the meat, but what about ones from my mouth getting on the meat?

Offline cherimoya_kid

• One who bans trolls
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 10, 2011, 01:10:47 pm »
Ok--another leftover question.  So, today I might have some meat left over from my lunch at work.  I'm keeping it in the fridge when not eating from it.  It is a mixture of chopped raw beef steak, egg yolk, dried tarragon and dried parsely and salt.  I ate about half of it using a spoon.  Is it OK to save it, even though my saliva has come in contact with it, since I was eating directly out of the dish?  Or should I scoop part of it into another dish if I think I might not eat it all.
I am not worried about bacteria etc. on the meat, but what about ones from my mouth getting on the meat?

I eat from the same container for weeks on end, without washing it out, and keep fish/meat in it for several days at a time sometimes. I have no problems. I do refrigerate it.

Offline RawZi

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Need I say more?
    • View Profile
    • my twitter
« Reply #9 on: December 10, 2011, 04:33:54 pm »
    An av primal dieter told me av says to exhale breath into the jar of high meat  to start its fermentation. Also av told me to spit in milk to start it fermenting into kefir for myself, he told the whole group same in front of me. He said not to share our spit kefir, that every person should only drink their own, that it uses their microorganisms, so it will help that person.

I have made my kefir that way, and it was good. It was different from other kefirs though.
"Genuine truth angers people in general because they don't know what to do with the energy generated by a glimpse of reality." Greg W. Goodwin

Offline Aaaaaa

• Bear Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 10, 2011, 11:34:48 pm »
Thanks for putting my mind at ease : )  It is so much easier when you can just store and eat stuff out of the same container!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk