Author Topic: Germ theory information  (Read 29570 times)

Offline Adora

• Chief
  • to thine own self be true ... Shakespeare
    • View Profile
Re: Germ theory information
« Reply #25 on: January 20, 2012, 12:13:26 pm »
Dorthy
I check my BS 7-12x/day. I use my pump to try to limit highs and lows, but I always have them. My BS is 200- 350 for 1-4 hrs even after a raw veggie, meat, and fat meal, and they can be a little worse with fruit and dairy. I have cut my portion sizes down, and now I'm eating for 5 hrs/ day and fasting the other 19. I know that dairy (even fermented) and fruit raise my sugar even more, but I'm just not ready to let them go yet. They comfort me. I'm new to this and I've had bad rebounds with too low carb a diet, so I'm going slow. If been trying to take more insulin at a slow rate for those 4hrs., but I'm risking lows and they complicate things too.
Four years ago I fasted 9 days. I was very week and I struggled with severe insulin resistance for months after, and even on the 9th day I was still taking 4 units/day. I didn't cheat on the fast, but I started to get a feeling of impending doom and I knew I needed to eat that day.
     I am a brittle type 1 who has been dependend on insulin 13yrs. If I can come off. It will be because of many things coming together, at the right time. Then, I have to stay off and eat and live life. I was able to come off insulin 10yrs ago. I did great for 2 months. I was a raw vegan then, so when I tried again I did the same thing, but it didn't work.  I couldn't maintain on raw vegan. I had energy but the cravings were intense. So, on my last night with out external insulin I ate an amazing amount of beef, brownies, and ice cream.
     The difference now is that I know I can maintain it. I feel so deeply nourished and calm with RAVF that I trust my body. I've been trying to go in steps. I heal to a point and then nothing seems to be happening, then I figure out what the next step will be, is it exercise, meditation, food elimination, decreasing portion size, or carbs. Is it adding a food, or nutrient. My BS are almost always better midspring to early fall. I started this diet on a low biorhythm. Also, getting a bad cold and hurting my knee seemed to have set me back. I am learning from them and I am more determined today than yesterday. Much of my strength comes from the people here. I don't care if I get bad advice. I appreciate that people are helping think things over. I take full responsibility for my self and my choices. I've learned a lot from my bad choices.
know thyself and all of the mysteries of the gods and the universe will be revealed.
Oracle at Delphi

Then began I to thrive, and wisdom to get,
I grew and well I was;
Each word led me on to another word,
Each deed to another deed.
Odin, who chose to be weak and hang form the tree of the world (the universe), to capture the Runes (wisdom), so he (omnipotent) grew...
Each true word and deed leads to my manifestation of the true me.

Offline Adora

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 20, 2012, 12:54:30 pm »
I am long winded.
    I forgot that the amputations, disease, and death don't motivate me one bit. I thought for a long time that they should, but they depress me, and they should. I am motivated by hope, promise, love, joy. I want to live free. I am meant to. I am fighting for my freedom from disease and medicine, and institutions. ..."I'm a true nature's child and I was born to be wild."   - I used to think that meant "drugs, sex, rock and roll. --- Now, I think it means having deep meaningful relationships with myself, then nature, god, and loved ones. This requires a great effort b/c by the time I began to wake up I was dependant metally and physically on the false system of cages and plastic bait that I was born into. I think this is true of MS too. Being diseased is pervasive. It can get a hold of your mind.
     I am in charge of my mind and I choose to be loving and watchfull of my thoughts. I let my mind help me think up good things. If I have unloving thoughts that I can't gently talk my mind out of. I realize that my mind is suffering from something that needs immediate attention. I will not loose my mind for a second, although it is very healthy to be out of it. -- you get it right? I pay attention to what soothes my mind, and what I need when I am stuck. Some of the standbys are a bath, or a walk, eating animal fat, I also need salt, (I prefer to get it from sea veggies, and I keep wanting to suck on some shell fish, but they are never handy. Diabetics loose a lot of salt in urine.). If all else fails, I go to bed. If I wake up stuck I watch a good movie, still stuck I feel my stuckness, breathing into my fear, frustration, and stuckness, and  just sit with it, promising myself I will sit all day. Then, I begin to feel overwhelmed with something like I'll never get out of this, which morphs into sadness, fear, anger and then I just feel it in the form of tears or ranting, accompanied by kicking and shaking. Similar to a temper tantrum, that I just encourage my body to play out or discharge for my mind. Then, I'm much better  - for awhile.
That felt good.
know thyself and all of the mysteries of the gods and the universe will be revealed.
Oracle at Delphi

I grew and well I was;
Odin, who chose to be weak and hang form the tree of the world (the universe), to capture the Runes (wisdom), so he (omnipotent) grew...

Offline Dorothy

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 20, 2012, 01:06:47 pm »
I wrote this post before your second post above got sent Adora:

Ah - Adora - you are so ahead of the game. You have already come a long way indeed. Most people that I speak to with diabetes have not come anywhere near your clarity.

So you test your BSugars often enough and you already know that fruit and dairy make your blood sugars go up, but are working on it - struggling with the emotional and physical aspect of that knowledge. That is very good. That's half the battle right there. You do your best to keep your BS in the good range - but of course - have to deal with the swings to low side which also can be dangerous. It's a very delicate balance.... almost impossible when dealing with spikes..... the dips are bound to happen. At least you understand that what you are working towards is that stable range without the spikes and the inevitable dips that come with spikes. I'm glad that you are not trying to just go off your medications before arriving at a healthy stable baseline first. That's smart.

Fasting such a long period each day  I'm not sure is prudent - but you need to follow your own inner knowing. Long fasting periods are usually highly detrimental to diabetics as it puts added strain on organs already strained to keep blood sugars from going too low. The idea with healing is usually to take as much strain off the adrenals and pancreas and immune system as possible to allow them to heal. I personally would experiment with eating more frequently for more of the day and eating just before going to bed as well to see if that doesn't help energy levels. Diabetics that have fasted a long time often have trouble waking up and getting their energy going. The body goes into the lowest levels of stasis as it can and still survive. Frequent meals over a long period teach the body that it's ok to come out of stasis. If you eat more frequently and for more hours of the day it might be easier to avoid carbs. Diabetics often have to eat before they get hungry because when the blood sugars dip there develops an outrageous desire for carbs to force those levels back up to save the brain - panic sets in. With enough meals over enough hours of a day, panic can be avoided. The brain needs constant feeding. When the pancreas and adrenals are not working right, the only way to keep that feeding happening is by eating frequently. Then the brain doesn't send out a distress signal that carbs must be eaten at all costs immediately for survival. If constant fat, protein and slow-burning carbs are eaten frequently enough the brain as well as the adrenals and pancreas can learn to relax.

If you can give up everything that makes your blood sugars spike - then you will likely be on the home stretch. It's easier said than done - but I'm sure you will be able to do it when the time is right. When you do give up the foods that spike your blood sugars I bet that the stable nature of raw animal foods will make it sustainable for you. I can't wait to celebrate that day with you when it comes.

I've said all all I have out of a desire to be of assistance. I wish you only the very best. Please forgive me if I have been too forward. My good-will is quite sincere.

Offline Dorothy

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 20, 2012, 01:16:48 pm »
In response to your second post:
Positivity is a beautiful thing in general.
If your blood sugars are in range celebration, relaxation and everything motivating is only good.
If your blood sugars are in the 500's though... first put out the fire - and then take the bath.
Do whatever it takes to motivate you to give up the things that spike your blood sugars. Anything - everything - that works for you.

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
  • Geek Healer Truth Seeker Pro-Natal Pro-Life
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
« Reply #29 on: January 20, 2012, 02:10:48 pm »
Adora,

Did you get to try eating fresh raw bitter melon fruit?
With seeds and skin?

Linux Geek, Web Developer, Email Provider, Businessman, Engineer, REAL Free Healer, Pro-Life, Pro-Family, Truther, Ripple-XRP Fan

I'm the network administrator.
My business: Website Dev & Hosting and Email Server Provider,
My blogs: Cure Manual, My Health Blog, Eczema Cure & Psoriasis Cure

Offline Inger

• Chief
  • 38 yo Norwegian RVAF s.-06, 90% carniv.
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: January 20, 2012, 03:01:18 pm »

I forgot that the amputations, disease, and death don't motivate me one bit. I thought for a long time that they should, but they depress me, and they should. I am motivated by hope, promise, love, joy. I want to live free. I am meant to. I am fighting for my freedom from disease and medicine, and institutions. ..."I'm a true nature's child and I was born to be wild."   - I used to think that meant "drugs, sex, rock and roll. --- Now, I think it means having deep meaningful relationships with myself, then nature, god, and loved ones. This requires a great effort b/c by the time I began to wake up I was dependant metally and physically on the false system of cages and plastic bait that I was born into.

Adora, I guess we are sisters in our hearts.
I just want to give you a HUG.
For me it is huge help to have time. Much time. To come down, to find my inner peace. Silence. It is so healing to me.
Like, so I can feel the energy around me, the love.. it is just there! Because I know it is there, all around.
I just have to open up - to be peaceful to be able to feel it.  :)
I love to step around in the forest. Just be there. Enjoy the energy.

I think Dorothy really have some great knowledge there! I wish I could have something helpful to say.
I do not know.. but
I come around this the other day Adora, that colostrum might be helpful for diabetes.
I did some reserch because I started to drink colostrum myself a few weeks ago, to help regeneration as I started lifting.
I can get it frozen and raw in the shops here.
I have no negative symptoms from it as I usually have from dairy! It feels great to me so far!
It tastes quite nice too. Sometimes I eat it with wild blueberries. :) Here it is plain;

I usually drink about 1 cup / day.
Here you can read about it;

http://www.carttonic.com/files/file_download.php?fi_id=683

There are much more information out there if you want to search!
Maybe I can search for you if you like to read more about it?

Inger

Offline Inger

• Chief
  • 38 yo Norwegian RVAF s.-06, 90% carniv.
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 20, 2012, 03:28:42 pm »
Here is little bit more info..

Health-promoting effects of bovine colostrum in Type 2 diabetic patients can reduce blood glucose, cholesterol, triglyceride and ketones.

Bovine colostrum (BC) has been reported to enhance immune function, reduce fat accumulation and facilitate the movement of glucose to the muscle. However, very few attempts have been made to examine its anti-diabetic effects in diabetes patients. The aim of this study was to evaluate whether BC decreases blood glucose, as well as cholesterol, triglyceride (TG) and ketones levels, which can be elevated by obesity and stress in Type 2 diabetic patients. Sixteen patients (men=8, women=8) with Type 2 diabetes were randomized into the study. Each ingested 5 g of BC on an empty stomach every morning and night for 4 weeks. Blood glucose, ketones (beta-hydroxybutyric acid), total cholesterol and TGs were measured every week. In both the men and women, blood glucose levels at 2 and 8 h postprandial decreased continually during the experimental period. The rate of decrease in blood glucose at 8 h postprandial was not different between the men and women, but was higher in the women (14.25+/-2.66) than in the men (10.96+/-1.82%) at 2 h postprandial. Total cholesterol and TG levels decreased significantly in both the men and women after 4 weeks. Also, beta-hydroxybutyric acid level decreased with BC ingestion, but this was not significant. These results suggest that BC can decrease levels of blood glucose and ketones, as well as reduce cholesterol and TGs, all of which may cause complications in Type 2 diabetic patients.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/18602824

Colostrum is also said to be very healing for the gut. In Finland there is some scientific research on the subject.
Very promising. Hospitals are using it also to treat damaged guts. But it works only raw!
Pasteurized - no effect whatsoever.

Inger
« Last Edit: January 20, 2012, 05:32:19 pm by TylerDurden »

Offline Dorothy

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 20, 2012, 09:40:39 pm »
Something struck me when I woke up this morning. I think why the negative consequences of diabetes have such an importance  for me is because I lost so much to them. I've never had diabetes, but I spent many of my own years and precious life-force caring for someone who I loved so very dearly and who would not change their diet until it was too late to reverse most of the damage. As a daughter, even though my mother did not want to deal with her disease head on - I had to. She would not stop eating things that made her blood sugars go high... so I spent my life dealing with the consequences... the trauma.

Watching my mother made me willing to change my own diet early enough in my life to became strong and healthy enough to withstand the onslaught...... but still...... what a cost..... to me and my husband.

Diabetes is a very slow insidious disease that doesn't have the same kind of dramatic wake up calls as other diseases can for the sufferer. I ended up taking care of my mother for my adult life as she slowly deteriorated with her getting used to her deterioration and accepting it...... but I never did... because it was actually harder on me than her I think.

After her recent death at 85 years old (to me still recent at half a year ago as I'm still reeling from the change) I am coming to terms with getting my own life back from the grips of diabetes. It is startling, unbelievable to me how much space, time and energy I now have at my disposal..... how much I gave up ... because now ... finally...... at this late stage...... I can finally take my life back for myself. I am processing the grief of losing my mother still - but also the grief of my own lost life.

One more point I just gotta make and then I'll only talk more if you ask me directly to Adora: If my blood sugars go over 100 I feel the intense stress it causes to my body. Blood sugars into the 200's let alone the 300's take a bite out of the kidneys and nervous system function every time they are reached. Potassium and sodium levels get harder and harder to balance for the kidneys with the sodium being washed away and the potassium getting harder and harder get rid of the excess. It's the electrolyte imbalances and the kidney damage that is the core of where the damage takes hold. Without proper electrolyte balance nothing can function well.

I know that you don't want to think negatively. I understand that more deeply than you can know.... and yet..... to understand how to heal --- the disease process needs to be understood properly. You can eat things that are healthy, healing and balancing - but if you do not stop eating the things that you already know make your blood sugars go higher you will be fighting against the damage already done and being done. Getting energy back can't happen when your blood sugars are spiking. Your kidneys, pancreas and adrenals won't get the rest THEY need. The most positive thing you can possibly do from your body's perspective (which includes your brain/mind) is to stop those spikes and the only way to do that is to stop eating things that create those spikes.

I wish I could go back and talk to my Mom knowing what I know now 60 years ago. I did try to get her to change her diet early enough to avoid most of it though. I wonder if I could have been able to tell her the affects, what would happen to me, if she would have done it. Maybe that's why I'm trying so hard to tell you instead. I now know exactly what it takes to stop the disease early in its tracks. I know that it takes tremendous will power. If I knew what I know now and what happened later because of it all those years ago I would have moved in with my mother and gave her my will. I would have done anything I had to stop her from putting things into her that made her blood sugars spike. I would have done an intervention because there is no more powerful drug than carbs to a diabetic. Back then I thought to myself, well, if she wants to do that to herself, it's her life....... but in actuality it wasn't.... because I loved her, she was my family and I was totally committed to her... so it was my life too.

I don't regret any of it. I'm just still in mourning for us both.

But you aren't my Mom - I don't even know you. So please forgive me if I went on too much  and take from my long experience whatever is of value and drop anything that is not.

Blessings and light to you.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2012, 09:49:09 pm by Dorothy »

Offline Adora

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 22, 2012, 04:32:40 am »
I forgot the bitter melon, but I'll get it this weekend. I have tried it before, years ago. I don't remember it changing things, but I want to try again. Thanks for the suggestion.
Oracle at Delphi

I grew and well I was;

Offline Adora

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 22, 2012, 08:10:02 am »
Hi Inger - I would like to try BC. That was encouraging. Three cows at my CSA are going to calf any day now so it was a good time to learn this too. I don't know if they will save it for me, but I will ask. If not I will find it fresh/frozen from some where. Also, I like you too and I love to read your posts.

This is going to be long and nobody has to read it I was going to PM Dorthy, but some folks like a story, so every one is welcome to eat from this raw dark heart of my healing journey.

Hi Dorthy I REALLY APREICATE EVERYTHING YOU HAVE SHARED. Please don't stop. I find it all valuable. I know you're not my daughter and the story is different, but I do have a beautiful 15yr/o daughter. Before I became pregnant my grandfather died during an elective surgery to repair damage from a previous surgery on his mitral valve. He was 70 when they said he should have surgery. He was very functional, but they wanted to repair the defect before he had complications. He went like a lamb to the slaughter. He was such a smart, good man. He questioned and checked into everything in his life except his priest and his MD. My grandparents raised me and loosing him was like loosing my father. I was devastated and scared. I really didn't trust doctors and I had no insurance, so I didn't go to a doctor even when I was pregnant. I found a midwife and found I had diabetes. I was 7 months pregnant. I was in school to be a chiropractor and I was into alternative medicine then too. I ate a healthy whole foods diet while I was pregnant, no junk but, I ate "healthy cabs". I eliminated all carbs and was able to maintain normal BS. So, they decided to skip insulin. I was under a lot of stress though and Ivy was born 2 weeks later. She was 21/2 months premature and she was so, so sick. Every day she almost died from something, but 21/2 months later I took her home. She did very well at home and is strong now. I didn't watch what I ate at all while she was sick. They said diabetes would go away when I wasn't pregnant and I was consumed with my baby's sickness. I rechecked my BS around the time she came home and it was high, so I decide to eat healthy. I went to macrobiotic thinking it was great at the time. My BS were often not good. I tried many diets, prayer, chiropractic, energy medicine, crystals, supplements, I feel like I have done it all. Now I realise that my diet, no matter how perfect, is only a part. To reclaim my health I have to do EVERYTHING to be healthy  -- Sleep, exercise, meditate, play, love and be loved, and stay in deep peace through EVERYTHING.
     When Ivy was 2 I hit a wall I hadn't taken insulin, and I was sick. I couldn't tell whether I was awake or asleep. I would slap myself hard then cry because I still couldn't tell. I don't know exactly why it manifested that way, I ran a 24/7 race from the drinking fountain to the toilet. I peed my bed every night. I talked to god all of the time and I herd god's voice, It was beautiful, so full of love. It was honest and fun. The words were always few and simple, but the feelings evoked from the sound was packed with meaning and full of emotion. Sometimes it was female and sometimes male, but the presence of the other was always there, like if one parent was on the phone and the other was listening, you can feel the quiet one there. One day I was stuck in a hot concrete place and I looked around to find something pleasent to look at. I saw a sapling it had a beautiful blossom and I felt my love for this bit of nature that was allowed in that place. I thought the words, "how beautiful," and I heard, "yes, but you will not gaze on it long." I understood that she meant I would soon die, and is that what I wanted? There was no judgement, no fear, - love  and safety came to me like a river. I didn't know, it seemed like I had no choice, but I heard choice in her voice. I don't remember any more words but, she stayed, infinite patience waiting for my answer. I thought for days of what would become of my little daughter with out me. There were people who would take her, but only I was right for her. She had fought for her life and I would fight for mine. The choice was made. The close presence of god receded to wherever and life went on.
     I have been given many blessings and this was one. I believe I would not have herd god's voice the way I did if I weren't walking at the edge of death for months. I think the most logical explanation is that my electrolytes were so depleted from gallons of water that I hallucinated. The spiritual explanation is obvious, and I think it was both. I am glad I have diabetes, it is a blessing, I am who I am because of it. I wouldn't be the mother I am.  Ivy wouldn't be exactly the wonderful woman she is.  Holding diabetes has touched many. My love ones and I have suffered with it, but I have no regrets.
    I was 26yrs/o, my skin hung from my bones, my belly was swollen, and my kidney's hurt badly so, I decided to go to the ER. I had fought taking insulin b/c I believed it would be the death of me. I lived but, I was forever changed, as it dripped into my veins, a part of me died so that another could live. I have never given up believing that I am meant to be free, eventually, but I am also meant to have diabetes for now.
     RAVF have given me great hope that I still have a chance to completely come off of insulin. My body is dependant on insulin. I have only been eating from noon to 5pm and I am doing better since I've adjusted my insulin so that I take more around eating time and taper it off at night, taking the very least in the morning when I am active. To give an example of how dependent my body is. I went for a 2 hour walk today through the snow, up and down hills at a moderate pace. My BS just before walking was 163.  I took 0.3 units so, that I would have some insulin on board. Insulin pumps let you take a tenth of what is possible with syringes. When I returned from the walk my BS was 244. I think it is because my body tried to metabolise fat for energy, but I didn't have insulin in my body to get it into my cells, so it sat in my blood and waited for me to put my pump back on.  So, when you say to avoid foods that make my sugar go up. I think you don't understand how complicated it is. I ate nothing for 20hrs and had exercise and still had a BS of 244. I have had that happen when I eat 3 meals per day too. Honey was obvious, but I'm glad I tried. I feel good about the whole experience. What you said helped me. You validated my experience that honey isn't good for me, even though AV suggested it in a book that made lots of sense. You helped me to be comfortable with my experience which diverted from AV. I liked the way you did it to. Kind isn't always pretty. Please continue to share everything you want to. Sometimes even things that seem unrelated are the perfect thing.
     I do understand the negative consequence of not taking care of BS. Every work day I see, blindness, amputations, and dialysis diabetic patients. I do want to live and heal. I am a self centered person. It keeps me alive. I'm 40, I've been sick for 15 years and I could out run my husband and daughter. I'm so proud of that. I want them to do well, but have worked for every bit of strength and stamina I have.
    I am open minded and experimental. I have made a ton of mistakes, but I try to stay aware and to learn. I try to not go crazy or get depressed, when disease surrounds me and thrives within me. I have completely come off of insulin though fasting and I want to give the fast 5 plan a good go. So, far its not bad. I'm not burning many ketones, no unbearable cravings, and stable BS.
     I stopped eating fruit in the past and I spilled high levels of ketones, so I'm not ready to stop them again. I need a plan and maybe a back up plan. The one I'm working on now is to get my body used to fasting for 19 hrs/day, and decrease portion sizes a little, then eat some starchy carbs like carrots, cabage, khorabi, celery root and see how my body responds to them. Then, wean down to 1/2 a piece of fruit/day -Then every other day then just a few bites when I feel "low, or have a craving". If I get that far with stability. Then, I want to expand fasting not sure how. I want advice on that. But, I'm thinking it will be spring by then.

Oracle at Delphi

I grew and well I was;

Offline Aaaaaa

• Bear Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 22, 2012, 12:15:13 pm »
I am interested in trying colostrum as well, Inger!  I can use all the gut-healing foods I can get.  I'll have to ask the farm where I get my milk if they ever have it for sale.

Offline Wattlebird

• Bear Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: January 22, 2012, 01:08:25 pm »
Adora,
if you feel helpless, or unsure how to tackle your situation, or it seems so multi-faceted that one feels it is too big to make substanial change, a vision quest can solidify intent and initiate the major change in perception that is required to change the overall dynamic.
You mentioned previously your love of the woods, so a fairly manageable quest may be to stay out in the woods away from other human contact, man-made structures, etc, by yourself for a 24 hour period. (Obviously this is dependent on a location where physical safety is assured).
The moods of the wild - the progression of day into night, the sounds, the climatic variations, the animals and birds etc - are wonderful catalysts that both liberate fears and, carefully orchestrated and directed, facilitate trance states.
Within these trance/dream experiences come visions and intuitions that coalesce around the central idea, and the perception one has about an issue/situation gains clarity.
What seemed too big, or one felt too helpless to do much about, no longer does.
A marked change in perception is a change in the overall dynamic.
The way ahead becomes clear.
Please accept this comment with the spirit of sharing and feel free to make of it what you will.
Kind wishes, J

Offline raw

• Mammoth Hunter
  • country chickens and lambs and wild bugs
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: January 22, 2012, 01:26:26 pm »
To Dorothy, awesome advice... thanks a lot
bugs or country chickens

Offline Dorothy

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: January 23, 2012, 02:36:51 am »
Dearest Adora - I didn't see this long post before getting your pm and responding. In this context the entire meaning of your message to me changes.

You sure have been through quite a journey! What you said about being at peace and deciding to live made me feel hopeful. Thank you so very much for sharing in more detail your journey, your process, your history. I told my husband that when I read that there was a woman on the board that had such high blood sugar levels I felt a little like someone who saw someone stepping out into the street with a bus coming that they couldn't see from their perspective and like it was an autonomic reaction to reach out my hand and try to grab and pull.

It's reassuring that you know about the repercussions of the high levels already without my warnings. In a way I felt like I was being cautious in trying not to be too scary or negative if you didn't know. Since you've been around the repercussions - I now know that you know exactly what I mean. Some diabetics simply don't have a clue. I've helped a few. Their doctors just didn't explain it to them.......... at all. People need to have choice. If you know, if you are not in denial, then you are using your free will with which to make your decisions in full knowledge. That's pivotal. My Mom was a nurse and I have realized that I didn't know and she did - but she was in denial. From what you wrote here - it's obvious that this is not the case with you. You are working things through to the best of your ability within the context of what you know and what you have experienced with the clear goal in mind of wanting to live and that you already do have the goal of getting your blood sugars stable and then of wanting to come eventually off of the meds. I feel in my heart that you can do it!

I can fully appreciate what you are saying about a multi-faceted approach to healing. All disease has corresponding blockages on all levels of the person. The key is in finding which avenue will have the best access to change. Sometimes, clearing emotion, sometimes spiritual change, sometimes phsyical and sometimes all have to be addressed. I am slowly finding that if one can figure out diet properly along with appropriate physical movements, it might be slower going, but eventually the mind, emotions and spirit usually just have to catch up and clear what they are going to clear. The realizations will have to come, the changes in other energies will have to correspond. Change one aspect and the others have to come along.

Your plan to scale back your intake of fruit is very sound I would think. What was your experience when you had ketones in your urine though? As a type 1 diabetic I can't help but to wonder if a ketogenic diet wouldn't be the ideal for you..... but I don't know quite enough about that to advise anything on it. I do know that for many diabetics just using vegetables for their carbs seems to do the trick to give them enough to get stable blood sugars on without going into using primarily protein/fat for sugar. I do understand that using insulin is a high-wire act and outrageously complicated. Your body is a complex machine that very delicately monitors and controls sugar systems and electrolytes moment to moment. Doing it with an outside source of insulin - well - it's a miracle that anyone can do it at all and survive.

Here's the thing though...... it really does come down to a very slow and stable input of slow-burning material in the long run! It's not going to be necessarily easy to get to it ... but that is the big goal. If you eat anything that makes for a fast burn you have no idea when or how that stuff is going to go on fire and burn you up making your sugars go bonkers. It's so unpredictable - too excitable - too unpredictable. You want to get to the point where your body doesn't have to break down itself or it's stores, where it has things available all the time, but things are slow for it to break down and use. Think of it like a slow drip machine. If you are fasting - well then your body gets stable because it's constantly breaking down. But this is not a long-term solution. In a way, you are going into full forced ketogenisis when you fast. It only makes sense to me to figure out a way to get to that state using food and a constant supply of food - not going from fasting to food and then when you put in the food having to use insulin. Is this making sense? Stability is the goal. You can't gain long-term stability using fasting because ... well.... you need to eat eventually. Somehow, someway you need that slow burn while eating.

I know macrobiotics and whole grains is "supposed" to be good and can work for some when not so far out of whack - but - it's still LOTS of carbs and not enough good solid fats - slow-burning fats - for those whose adrenals and pancreas are very worn out. It's still too fast without enough nutrients and with not enough raw available nutrients for the re-building. You already are right on track with raw paleo foods.

Fasting, ketogenics and the idea of constant super slow burn are such powerful ideas to meditate on. None of these things are going to give you instant results. All of the things that can work long-term are going to happen over time - a move towards stability that your body will have to get used to.

Adora - let me say that I am blown away by the post you put up here and I thank you for it. Thank you for working so hard.

Being free of diabetes and all the diseases that came from it now for the first time in my adult life is a feeling of incredible space and potentiality. I know it wasn't mine directly so I can barely conceive of that feeling of freedom being larger - but it would have to be for you as a person with the disease. I wish for you that freedom and space. 

Well - this is such a long post - and now my husband and I have to go and get food. Now though - we go out and eat the same healthy foods together! What a joy. Such a gift.

Thank you Adora and thank you rawpaleoforum - all of you.

Offline Adora

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: January 23, 2012, 04:51:33 am »
Dorthy   - all that you said feels so good, especially that you believe in me. I am trying harder than ever. I feel like I am on the right track and I have a great support group here. I write long posts, mostly for me to say out loud what's in my heart, but to receive the support is giving me strength and determination. I am more motivated than ever before. I feel like the raw materials -- ha,ha are all here and I just have to listen to my body's response and let it pull me out of the pit of disease.
     I think your right about having just one of the elements securely in place the the rest will follow. They all need to be aware, listening, and willing. I think if I had to pick one aspect of self to be the guide of healing I would pick body. Body experiences, and experience is the unique gift of life on earth. Next, emotion because it let's us feel in our gut what is good and bad in the moment, then heart to find the most loving balance points. Spirit to inspire hope, and mind to figure out the details.
     The bad experience I had with going low carb was on SAD diet, the first time, then with cooked paleo, for just a short time, probably too strenuous an exercise regime, a caffeine addiction, and not enough sleep. I have changed all of those things. I had very strong ketosis symptoms, excessive thirst, lethergy, kusimals respirations, and what is describe as fruity breath (actually it is more like a trash bucket and amonia). I am on day 5 of the fast five program. I have decreased my protein intake to 8oz max/day, I eat all raw animal fat I want, and salad - which feels so good that I'm keeping it going. Today, I decided to continue on with 1-2 servings of home made raw cheese/day and to take not more than 1/2 serving of fruit/day. I am eating granny smith apples, grapefruit , and berries which aren't addictive for me, but help to decrease the ketosis symptoms. I am also getting as much fresh air, water, and sleep as possible. I'm going to get ketone strips so if I spill to many ketones I can eat a bit more fruit, with more insulin, which gets me out of ketosis, hopefully I wont get there, but I know better than to stay there. I can tell I'm in ketosis now but it is very mild.
     I've read on various sites that it takes about 4weeks for body to adjust to fat vs carbs and fasting, or meal skipping. So, I'm hoping to get that far without going from mild ketosis to ketoacidosis. There was a little study on type 1's going low carb and they had good results with a handfull of  people taking 60-90g/day. so that is what I'm using as a guide. I'm really excited to see what Feb. 22 brings.
Oracle at Delphi

I grew and well I was;

Offline Dorothy

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: January 23, 2012, 02:17:42 pm »
I'm not familiar with the fast five program. Is there a link you can send to me to for more info on that please? I'd like to respond more after reading up a little on what you are doing.
Thanks.

Offline Adora

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: January 26, 2012, 08:27:00 am »
Thank you for considering going through all that. The web site is www.fast-5.com. There is a free ebook. It's about 50 pages. I'm still not feeling ketoacidotic - that's good.
     I have a new problem. I think my insulin needle must have been dirty. I have an area of cellulitus, on my upper thigh. It is right where my insulin pump was. It is swollen and red and there is a small amt of pus that I have been able to expell so i know its infected. It seems to be getting smaller. I am using hot compresses and rubbing coconut oil on it. It seems to be getting better, but it has a way to go.  It was hurting at work and I didn't have another needle set up for my pump so I just kept moving it over and taping it down to my skin.
Oracle at Delphi

I grew and well I was;

Offline Dorothy

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: January 28, 2012, 06:02:50 am »
Hey Adora,

I can't download onto this computer so have to wait until I can access another. I won't forget though.

Offline raw-al

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: January 29, 2012, 03:26:02 am »
I've read celery is good for diabetes too.  Also, the white rind of watermelon is good as well.
Ayurveda calls Celery a blood cleanser.
Cheers
Al

Offline Dorothy

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: February 02, 2012, 04:48:30 am »
Licorice root and cinnamon bark are blood sugar stabilizers that work beautifully.

Offline Iguana

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Eating tuna fish
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: February 02, 2012, 05:34:19 am »
In my experience:
- there are times when the hygiene theory is spot on
- there are times when germ theory is spot on
Both above theories are seriously flawed. Applying  Occam's razor, they should be replaced by GCB’s theory since it explains well and quite simply all the observed facts that previous theories could not explain without complicated or extravagant  assumptions:
THEORETICAL BASIS
25. Experience seems to show that most illnesses considered as infectious satisfy the preceding criteria, provided that alimentation strictly respects the norms defined by Anopsotherapy. One must therefore call into question the classical conception of the virus and the bacterium, which may no longer be considered as necessarily pathogenic agents. A virus in fact introduces into the cell a fragment of DNA or RNA which, by microscopic observation, seems to intervene as a sort of complementary program which augments the genetic code and which permits the elimination of various classes of toxins not originally foreseen ; to speak more precisely, non-original molecules. The bacterium, likewise, seems to be used by the organism (which perfectly regulates its multiplication under Anopsotherapeutic conditions) so as to provide, through a "third party", enzymes that can decompose non-original molecules or their undesirable by-products beyond the capabilities of its own enzymes (ones adapted, a priori, to original molecules).

26. Therefore, instead of battling against microbes by the use of antibiotics, vaccines, asepsis, etc..., the role of medicine will be rather to see that the organism succeeds in regulating in a satisfactory way the detoxination processes with which they are associated - perhaps even to seek means of instigating such processes so as to reestablish th integrity of the terrain and prevent true illness. In the present state of affairs, the apparent therapeutic successes obtained in infectious illnesses may be the cause of the rising mortality due to cancer and cardiovascular diseases, through an endemic increase in the incidence of toxemia.

27. There are good reasons to reconsider especially the medical interpretation of three phenomena whose meaning cannot be seen apart from our postulate that foreign substances are present in the organism :
Catarrhs of the mucus membranes which permit the discharge of matter in the form of abnormally thick mucus ; the normal channels of secretion serving, under exceptional conditions, for excretion of undesirable substances.
Eruptions of all sorts, acting as safety valves to permit the passage of toxins that cannot be eliminated through other channels.
Inflammation, one of whose effects is to allow the white corpuscules to pass through the dilated capillary walls and perform their work of cleaning in the tissues.These processes must be respected, to the extent that they do not exceed the limit of the "tolerable", a criterion that seems always to be observed under Anopsotherapeutic conditions.

Sorry, I didn’t read all the previous posts, but I it looks like nobody ever mentioned GCB’s theory (please correct me if I’m wrong) and that’s a shame for a raw paleo forum…

Cheers
Francois
« Last Edit: February 02, 2012, 03:11:35 pm by Iguana »
Cause and effect are distant in time and space in complex systems, while at the same time there’s a tendency to look for causes near the events sought to be explained. Time delays in feedback in systems result in the condition where the long-run response of a system to an action is often different from its short-run response. — Ronald J. Ziegler

Offline Dorothy

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: February 02, 2012, 07:57:11 am »
Iguana, I haven't seen that by GCB but I have read the concepts in other contexts -- that of most of what we consider to be infections disease as the body's own way of purging oneself. Thanks much for posting it.

Offline Aaaaaa

• Bear Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: February 02, 2012, 11:23:37 am »
Thank you Iguana!!!
That does pretty much sum up how I've been coming to see "infectious" things like bacteria, viruses etc.  And that bit about how the more "successful" we become at "treating" infectious disease with antibiotics etc, the more degenerative diseases show up...HOW interesting!!!  And it makes a lot of sense. 
How he describes viruses is pretty much how they seem to be described in the book I'm reading right now, "Fear of the Invisible."  And I think also pretty close to how Aajonus describes them.
Its crazy how much sense this makes, but if I told one of my (medical) co-workers or something about it they would be like "are you nuts?!" haha!

Offline raw-al

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: February 03, 2012, 08:27:39 am »
, they should be replaced by GCB’s theory since it explains well and quite simply all the observed facts that previous theories could not explain without complicated or extravagant  assumptions:

Cheers
Francois

What is GCB's theory?
Cheers
Al

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
  • Geek Healer Truth Seeker Pro-Natal Pro-Life
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
« Reply #49 on: February 03, 2012, 09:03:54 am »
Both above theories are seriously flawed. Applying  Occam's razor, they should be replaced by GCB’s theory since it explains well and quite simply all the observed facts that previous theories could not explain without complicated or extravagant  assumptions:
Sorry, I didn’t read all the previous posts, but I it looks like nobody ever mentioned GCB’s theory (please correct me if I’m wrong) and that’s a shame for a raw paleo forum…

Cheers
Francois

Maybe GCB hasn't had enough experience with electro medicine first hand.  But I do.

Example #1

Beam Ray Machine hits the frequency of Pseudomonas and our 2 maids suffering almost deathly diarrhea (for 3 days) both get well at the same time in 30 minutes.  This is killing the pathogen on the spot.

Example #2

My daughter has been having nape (back of her neck) pain for 3 days.  We've tried chiropractors and other massage experts.  Don croft zapper stops her pain and crying in a 1 hour treatment: 7 mins on, 20 mins off, 7 mins on, 20 mins off, 7 mins on.  This is killing the pathogen on the spot.

In these 2 shining examples, there was a pathogen, a germ or a parasite that was causing the problem.  And killing them cured these people instantly.
Linux Geek, Web Developer, Email Provider, Businessman, Engineer, REAL Free Healer, Pro-Life, Pro-Family, Truther, Ripple-XRP Fan

I'm the network administrator.
My business: Website Dev & Hosting and Email Server Provider,
My blogs: Cure Manual, My Health Blog, Eczema Cure & Psoriasis Cure

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk