Author Topic: Making high meat out in the open VS in a jar?  (Read 2111 times)

Offline Aaaaaa

• Bear Hunter
    • View Profile
Making high meat out in the open VS in a jar?
« on: January 06, 2012, 11:43:48 am »
I remember reading somewhere that someone was ageing high meat just on a plate in the fridge, VS in a jar.  What do you guys think about doing it that way?  Will it take longer?  End up with a different kind of bacteria?  From what I hear, its the kind that grows with oxygen that you want, correct?

I just much prefer the drier aged meat to the slimy sort.  Now that I finally have some fresh bison, I think I'm going to make a little of both, and see how it goes.

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
Re: Making high meat out in the open VS in a jar?
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2012, 04:25:08 pm »
I found the drier, aged raw meat to have no effect on me. Only the slimy versions helped boost my mood/concentration etc.
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline Haai

• Shaman
    • View Profile
Re: Making high meat out in the open VS in a jar?
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2012, 06:22:55 pm »
Will it take longer?

The bacterial growth rate on the meat is mainly determined by temperature, whether it is in a jar or not. Perhaps if the meat is on a plate the constant and greater supply of oxygen will also increase bacterial growth rate compared to in a jar. If you want high meat quick take it out of the fridge. If you want it really quick put it somewhere warm at about 35C.
"In the modern, prevailing view of the cosmos, we sit here as tiny, unimportant specks of protoplasm, flukes of nature, and stare out into an almost limitless void. Vast, nameless tracts of emptiness dominate the scene. Talk about feeling small.
But we do not look out at the universe; it is, instead, within us, as a rich 3-D visual experience whose location is the mind" - R. Lanza, Beyond Biocentrism.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk