Author Topic: Asthma  (Read 7137 times)

Offline stoneforest

• Egg Thief
    • View Profile
Asthma
« on: January 11, 2012, 12:52:13 pm »
Hi guys, wondering if any of u have had  or heard of resolution of asthma or severe allergies on RPD. And was it omnivorous, low-carb, ZC?  Thanks

Offline Haai

• Shaman
    • View Profile
Re: Asthma
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2012, 02:51:17 am »
I've never had to use an inhaler whilst on this diet (almost 2 years now). I've always been omnivorous, mainly low carb, but not always low carb.
"In the modern, prevailing view of the cosmos, we sit here as tiny, unimportant specks of protoplasm, flukes of nature, and stare out into an almost limitless void. Vast, nameless tracts of emptiness dominate the scene. Talk about feeling small.
But we do not look out at the universe; it is, instead, within us, as a rich 3-D visual experience whose location is the mind" - R. Lanza, Beyond Biocentrism.

Offline Dorothy

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2012, 03:20:02 am »
Not raw paleo exactly - but one aspect of asthma is that it is one of the many symptoms of dehydration..... The lungs trying to hold onto more moisture because there is not enough.

My husband was able to get off his inhalers entirely after having asthma almost his whole life simply by hydrating using water and salt. Of course, high quality raw fat hydrates even better. I'm having difficulty getting him to eat enough raw fat - so he still has to drink lots of water.

If you wake up one morning with asthma (dehydrated from the long period of sleep with no moisture) - especially during winter heating... (many asthmatics wake up feeling wheezy) ... try drinking lots of water with sea salt and wait to see if it goes away within a half an hour to an hour (if you can - if your asthma is real bad you might not be able to wait it out). You might be surprised. My husband could stop an asthma attack when he first started hydrating instead of medicating just by drinking enough water when the symptoms first started.

Check out watercure2.com if you would like to learn more.

Again - greasing the wheels to hydrate with fat is the best long-term solution, but you'd be surprised what plain old water with enough electrolytes to make sure that the water goes into the cells rather than staying in the intracellular spaces can do to help during the early stages of transferring to a diet that does not dehydrate though. Watercure2.com will give you how much whole salt with trace minerals still intact you need to take to the water and how much water for your body weight.

Rawpaleo is a mineral and electrolyte rich diet that holds moisture in the body. That's one of the keys as to why it can help someone with asthma so nicely. As you go rawpaleo you won't have to drink so much water. As much as my husband has changed his diet towards raw paleo, I already notice that he doesn't drink as much water as he used to - yet still no asthma.

Offline stoneforest

• Egg Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2012, 09:35:06 am »
Highly appreciated guys

Offline turner cox

• Forager
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2012, 09:43:39 am »
I ran into the same issue, not a lot of clear Asthma information available. Each Asthmatic must find what triggers their symptoms. Some is allergy induced, whereas, some are adrenal function. However, since you're taking Singular, your asthma is allergy induced, same as mine. Through my own studies I found that Asthma is a immune disorder. Your body does not fight bacteria or infection very well. Other diseases are very similar such as Multiple Sclerosis.

Brief Asthma Background: Been taking Albuterol inhaler every 10 days for 25 years. I have had been hospitalized for weeks at a time on multiple occasions.

The paleo diet will clear your mind and help you seek the inner support to change from within. You are addicted to your inhaler. Everytime your chest gets tight you think of your inhaler. I have been there.

The supplements that helped me are:

Magnessium oxide: BRAND: Mag400rx - I dip two pills every 4-6 hrs. It calms the lungs and body.
Mullien: Will help you kill bacteria and fungis that sits in the bottom of our lungs.
Vitamin C and A: These will help your body cleanse itself of bacteria daily. min 10,000 milligrams per day.

For asthma attacks I use: Badger (Aromatic Chest Rub) I do breathing exercises with beard and chest coated. 3 to 4 mins. and Im great.

Foods: Onions, Garlic, pineapple, ect...

I recommend this book: Prescription for Nutritional Healing. This book has been around for 30 years and updated every so often.

More questions? Please direct to my new facebook community page. This 'Ole Paleo House | Facebook

Offline raw

• Mammoth Hunter
  • country chickens and lambs and wild bugs
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 04, 2012, 03:02:55 pm »
Also eating exotic animal's meat, even cooked one can cure the symptoms. People eat frogs or turtle or cockroaches for asthma. Sniffing midstream urine which one taken after 4/5 hrs of sleeping, can help it significantly without changing the lifestyle. It has always a way to do that, but raw paleo is the best.
bugs or country chickens

Offline Dorothy

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 04, 2012, 10:28:10 pm »
In terms of allergies Cherimoya Kid here suggested vitamin D for my husband and he got great results with his allergies. One thing though - real important to also take magnesium - learned that the hard way.

I made a thread on vitamin D here that you might want to check out.

Offline raw

• Mammoth Hunter
  • country chickens and lambs and wild bugs
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 06, 2012, 01:32:39 am »
Dear Dorothy, I'd like to know the percentage or how much vit D ur husband takes a day?My husband's co-worker (raw vegan from birth), used to take vit D 5,000iu per day and he got into trouble after seeing too much vit D storing in liver by urine test. I just wonder, why ur husband doesn't consider the natural sun light which doesn't have any side effects. Once u mentioned about magnesium intake. Do u give ur husband calcium side by side too? what type of magnesium and how much he takes?
PS. ur all photos are really cool!
bugs or country chickens

Offline Dorothy

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 06, 2012, 01:51:46 am »
Thanks Raw! So you like Buffy the Vampire Slayer this time?

Yeah - I'm trying to convince him to come out into the sun with me. He's at the computer working all day. Also, here in Texas going out into the sun this time of year is a little like stepping into an oven. I'm going to win though. He is going to take a break and get out there and sunbathe if I have to drag him kicking and screaming!  Besides, he's awful hot looking with a tan. ;)

He was taking 5000 IU and wanted to get his levels tested but never got to it - so we thought he might have gotten too much too. He's been taking his magnesium in 6 doses throughout the day because we're pretty sure we got him into a magnesium deficiency. We also cut out dairy. Calcium he gets lots of in his regular diet. Too much calcium can interfere with the mag. so gotta be careful about that. He takes a mix of a different kinds of magnesium - NOW brand with the word "citrate" on the front. He's been varying the amount between 3 - 8 capsules at 133 mg a piece. He's been working at building up to max with still feeling good. If he goes too much he doesn't feel good. They say to increase until diarrhea, but he never got to that level - his body tells him when it's too much.

The sun is of course so much better and I'm trying to research and feed him foods high in magnesium and feed my garden magnesium too. Food sources of course are better - but I think he has some kind of trouble absorbing  magnesium so for now mega-dosing with vitamins will have to be done until we get the primary imbalance healed up. I think the vitamin D just pushed it over the edge.

Offline cherimoya_kid

• One who bans trolls
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 06, 2012, 08:01:29 am »
- I'm trying to convince him to come out into the sun with me. He's at the computer working all day. Also, here in Texas going out into the sun this time of year is a little like stepping into an oven.

I use a personal mister like the one here

http://www.mistymate.com/personal-misters.html

I put ice water in it, and spray myself down regularly when I go on long walks in the hot midday sun.  It works great.  I wouldn't be able to tolerate the heat, otherwise. 

Offline Dorothy

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 06, 2012, 08:53:22 am »
Wow! Thanks Cheri. Definitely getting one to try.

Sometimes what I do is make an ice fruit smoothie and drink it until I start to shake and then go outside so that stepping out into the oven actually feels good - but Brian isn't much for frozen smoothies (he usually only wants fruit in the early morning) so that mister might be exactly what I need to make mid-day sun outings work for us.

Offline Dorothy

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 06, 2012, 08:55:56 am »
Stoneforest - I just read the link Al posted on hydrogen peroxide therapy and supposedly according to the article h202 therapy works for asthma and allergies. I'm going to try it out on myself as I don't have any issues first before maybe asking  Brian if he wants to try it.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk