Author Topic: Excited to be here :)  (Read 3840 times)

Offline superja

• Egg Thief
    • View Profile
Excited to be here :)
« on: February 08, 2012, 04:38:46 am »
I'm so excited to have found this forum!

I've been eating RAF on and off for a couple years now, and had no idea it was normal or other people did too... I've just enjoyed the taste. It always disappoints me when I'm eating with someone, and they have bought a beautiful steak, and then proceed to cook it to death.  >: It's nice to know that I'm not some freak... which is how I've always been treated when people found out. It's 'gross'... how can you say something is gross without trying it? If you won't taste my raw liver, shut up about it. :P

I've recently moved to an older neighborhood, and have been delighted to be able to walk to nutritious food and enjoy a unique mix of people and architecture- not like in the suburbs.
 I work freelance as an exotic dancer, which means my schedule is my own, and I am freed from the societal constraints of eating breakfast,  lunch at noon, a big dinner... sleeping eight hours in a row, etc.  I typically find myself sleeping for about 5 or 6 hours after work, getting up and walking to my local organic butcher, and picking out an awesome meat for breakfast. They select such fantastic animals, all the meat is gorgeous. It would be a travesty to cook it when it is so delicious in its raw form. I usually end up sleeping a few more hours in the afternoon and then eating something before work.

The other thing I love about my butcher is the variety- so many people I have lived with eat only beef, pork, chicken... (and lots eat only chicken, because beef is apparently evil red meat). They regularly carry bison, rabbit, elk, deer, lamb, mutton, turkey, duck, and even moose when it's in season.

I have been told many many times that eating raw meat will kill you. It's full of evil bacteria, parasites, etc. I can happily say I have only had food poisoning once in my life- from eating cooked food at a restaurant.

Looking forward to meeting fellow 'freaks'. :D

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
  • Geek Healer Truth Seeker Pro-Natal Pro-Life
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
Re: Excited to be here :)
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2012, 05:14:34 am »
Yay, you found us!

Please indicate in your profile your sex (male/female) and your country flag.
In which city do you live?

Linux Geek, Web Developer, Email Provider, Businessman, Engineer, REAL Free Healer, Pro-Life, Pro-Family, Truther, Ripple-XRP Fan

I'm the network administrator.
My business: Website Dev & Hosting and Email Server Provider,
My blogs: Cure Manual, My Health Blog, Eczema Cure & Psoriasis Cure

Offline superja

• Egg Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2012, 07:16:19 am »
Done and done. I live in Edmonton.

Offline Adora

• Chief
  • to thine own self be true ... Shakespeare
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2012, 09:32:32 am »
Raw animal foods and self proclaimed freak, I like you already. I love, love, love the part about if you won't try it shut up about it. Exotic dancer, you must meet all kinds, no wonder you seem tough and earthy. I'm new too, but welcome to the block.
know thyself and all of the mysteries of the gods and the universe will be revealed.
Oracle at Delphi

Then began I to thrive, and wisdom to get,
I grew and well I was;
Each word led me on to another word,
Each deed to another deed.
Odin, who chose to be weak and hang form the tree of the world (the universe), to capture the Runes (wisdom), so he (omnipotent) grew...
Each true word and deed leads to my manifestation of the true me.

Offline Ioanna

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2012, 10:49:24 am »
welcome! :)

CitrusHigh

« Reply #5 on: February 10, 2012, 08:17:45 pm »
Welcome! My aunt and uncle have a buffalo farm up towards high level. And I will probably end up moving to victoria, BC here eventually, beautiful area out that way!

So you just started eating raw meat because you like it better, no health issues or anything like that? That's pretty cool!

Offline superja

• Egg Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 11, 2012, 06:12:20 am »
@Citrus- yup... it tastes so much better. The health thing is something I've only discovered recently through researching stuff.

Offline Ferocious

• Bear Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 12, 2012, 02:45:32 am »
Raw animal foods and self proclaimed freak, I like you already. I love, love, love the part about if you won't try it shut up about it. Exotic dancer, you must meet all kinds, no wonder you seem tough and earthy. I'm new too, but welcome to the block.
were you on the Caveman Power forum as some point?

And superja, welcome!

Offline Löwenherz

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 12, 2012, 03:48:08 am »
Oh, HI Superja,

Welcome to the meat department.

Could you now please perform the welcome dance for us!?

O0 Löwenherz

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk