Author Topic: Dry Cracked Heels  (Read 21126 times)

Offline cherimoya_kid

• One who bans trolls
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
Re: Dry Cracked Heels
« Reply #25 on: February 29, 2012, 01:02:29 pm »
There are some miracle stories on the net with photos from psoriasis sufferers. Quite amazing, it normalised the skin development stages. Also it can be used for glaucoma (taken internally) and anxiety (if taken internally) and endurance athletes.

There's no money to be made from glycerine so it's fallen out of favour.

Fascinating. I might have to try that on my scalp. I get dandruff pretty badly.

Offline wodgina

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
  • Opportunistic Carnivore
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 29, 2012, 08:42:26 pm »
I'm in love with Glycerine at the moment. I tried it by accident.

I've actually felt more rational and calm after drinking it? I'm talking to people more and less judgemental. I understand everone struggles. I don't know if I'm imagining this but after reporting this on a another forum someone else mentioned a similar experience.

I was definitely deficient, as my heels cleared up in weeks. Glycerine or glycerol makes up 10% of animal fat. I think stressed people use glycerol faster for energy 'fight or flight'.
« Last Edit: February 29, 2012, 08:48:53 pm by wodgina »
“Integrity has no need of rules.”

Albert Camus

Offline raw-al

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 29, 2012, 10:27:42 pm »
What type are you using? Animal or plant glycerine? I have some plant glycerine.
Cheers
Al

Offline raw-al

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 29, 2012, 11:34:27 pm »
What dosage are you taking internally?
Cheers
Al

Offline wodgina

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 01, 2012, 01:25:50 pm »
Doesn't say on mine but I'm pretty sure it's a vegetable based.

3 tablespoons a day at the moment. It tastes like cane juice. I mix with water and ice cubes. Just read it can also be used internally for brain edema.

Albert Camus

Offline PaleoPhil

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Mad scientist (not into blind Paleo re-enactment)
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: March 01, 2012, 01:38:36 pm »
Glycerine tends to be made from heated and refined corn (http://www.crowniron.com/userImages/glycerin_refining.pdf, http://www.auri.org/agnews/AURI07-07.pdf). The human subcutaneous layer is largely composed of saturated and monounsaturated fats (raw, of course, unless you've been baking in the sun ;) ). Do you consume a lot of raw pasture-fed/wild animal fats or wild seafood fats?
« Last Edit: March 01, 2012, 08:10:53 pm by PaleoPhil »
>"When some one eats an Epi paleo Rx template and follows the rules of circadian biology they get plenty of starches when they are available three out of the four seasons." -Jack Kruse, MD
>"I recommend 20 percent of calories from carbs, depending on the size of the person" -Ron Rosedale, MD (in other words, NOT zero carbs) http://preview.tinyurl.com/6ogtan
>Finding a diet you can tolerate is not the same as fixing what's wrong. -Tim Steele
Beware of problems from chronic Very Low Carb

Offline wodgina

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 01, 2012, 03:14:35 pm »
I'm pretty sure it's an alcohol not a fat.

Albert Camus

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
  • Geek Healer Truth Seeker Pro-Natal Pro-Life
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
« Reply #32 on: March 01, 2012, 03:17:28 pm »

Maybe you lack carbs?
Is this why glycerine works for you when you drink it?
Linux Geek, Web Developer, Email Provider, Businessman, Engineer, REAL Free Healer, Pro-Life, Pro-Family, Truther, Ripple-XRP Fan

I'm the network administrator.
My business: Website Dev & Hosting and Email Server Provider,
My blogs: Cure Manual, My Health Blog, Eczema Cure & Psoriasis Cure

Offline wodgina

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 01, 2012, 03:20:24 pm »
I've had it over 25 years so definitely not. I was carb crazy. I also tried carbs and raw paleo.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2012, 05:01:13 pm by TylerDurden »

Albert Camus

Offline PaleoPhil

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 01, 2012, 08:12:46 pm »
Yes, sorry, I was confusing it with something else. My guess is that heated and refined sugar alcohol may not be that good, but if it's only used externally, there may not be enough absorbed to matter much. I'm also thinking that animal fats would be more similar to human skin and thus perhaps more beneficial.
>"When some one eats an Epi paleo Rx template and follows the rules of circadian biology they get plenty of starches when they are available three out of the four seasons." -Jack Kruse, MD
>"I recommend 20 percent of calories from carbs, depending on the size of the person" -Ron Rosedale, MD (in other words, NOT zero carbs) http://preview.tinyurl.com/6ogtan
>Finding a diet you can tolerate is not the same as fixing what's wrong. -Tim Steele

Offline aLptHW4k4y

• Shaman
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 01, 2012, 09:30:10 pm »
But do you drink a lot of water with it? From what I know that stuff is like powerful sponge.. until it gets metabolized in the liver I guess.

Offline PaleoPhil

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 02, 2012, 05:40:06 am »
Interesting, I haven't heard of that before and I don't notice any difference whether I drink water with it or not. I just notice that when I eat plenty of raw animal fat and not too much fruit or other carbs except raw fermented honey, my skin is better hydrated, less flakes, etc. It's not suprising, because fat of other mamals is similar to our own subcutaneous fat (and we are mammals too), and the microbiota in the RF honey may help kill off flake-causing fungus in me or something.

Offline aLptHW4k4y

• Shaman
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 02, 2012, 07:19:25 am »
PaleoPhil, sorry my post was ambiguous.. I was wondering about the glycerin (@wodgina).

Offline PaleoPhil

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: March 02, 2012, 08:26:10 am »
No prob.

If heated and refined glycerine sugar alcohols are superior to raw animal fats for all, then that would seem to be a major blow to raw Paleo. Somehow I'm skeptical of that.

Offline wodgina

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: March 02, 2012, 05:59:42 pm »
Let's see what happens I will try only internal use of Glycerine.

but who knows what nasties are used in the refining processes?

Having cracked heels really reduced my quality of life especially living in a hot place where people don't wear shoes. Let's see how I go.
« Last Edit: March 02, 2012, 06:04:00 pm by TylerDurden »

Albert Camus

Offline aLptHW4k4y

• Shaman
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: March 16, 2012, 05:29:19 pm »
Glycerin is a part of tryglicerides (1 molecule glycerol + 3 molecules of fatty acids), which are part of all fats. It's like 10% of fats (shorter-chain ones have a higher percentage, the longer chain fats have less), so with 100g of fats you already get 10g of glycerol..
In the liver it gets converted to glucose. Basically it's a sugar like glucose, fructose, etc.

Maybe you lack carbs?
Is this why glycerine works for you when you drink it?
« Last Edit: March 16, 2012, 05:59:18 pm by aLptHW4k4y »

Offline wodgina

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: March 16, 2012, 07:16:41 pm »
Glycerin is a part of tryglicerides (1 molecule glycerol + 3 molecules of fatty acids), which are part of all fats. It's like 10% of fats (shorter-chain ones have a higher percentage, the longer chain fats have less), so with 100g of fats you already get 10g of glycerol..
In the liver it gets converted to glucose. Basically it's a sugar like glucose, fructose, etc.

Weird how eating lots of fats never helped my heels that much.

Albert Camus

Offline aLptHW4k4y

• Shaman
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: March 16, 2012, 07:40:28 pm »
So actually eating glycerin has helped the cracked heels? Now that's weird. I thought putting glycerin on the skin is what helped, as it attracts moisture it keeps them from drying.

Offline wodgina

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: March 16, 2012, 08:26:03 pm »
Nah it's been applying glycerin to skin what has done it so far.

It's nothing to do with moisure but helping normal skin grow from the lower levels. That's what glycerin mediates.

Albert Camus

Offline PaleoPhil

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: March 17, 2012, 06:02:11 am »
The two foods that have helped my dry, flaky skin the most are raw suet and raw fermented honey. Paradoxical on the surface, but it does make some sense in retrospect. Suet contains saturated and monounsaturated animal fats, which form a large part of the subcutaneous layer of human beings, as well as our own kidney fat--which is not surprising, since we are also animals. Raw fermented honey contains beneficial microbiota that might theoretically kill off flake-causing candida and/or help me process carbs (such as in the honey they feed on).

Offline wodgina

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: April 02, 2012, 03:56:52 pm »
soft new pink skin has pretty much replaced the old skin thick skin that  I had on my feet for years.

I kept up with external use on my feet. I missed maybe a week near the start and I think you can't do that,  it sets you back a fair bit.

The skin on my face was getting better but I missed quite a few days and had to start again. Anyone thinking over trying this I would say apply at least once a day and let it soak in. It takes a few month  to fully heal. Works really well for calluses,cracked skin and psoriasis.

Albert Camus

Offline van

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: April 02, 2012, 10:50:15 pm »
Phil, where do you get your fermented honey from,  thanks

Offline PaleoPhil

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: April 03, 2012, 05:16:09 am »
Really Raw (a source recommend by both Aajonus and the WAPF and my favorite tasting honey and the only one so far that provides me with health benefits, for whatever reason, and I've tried many--including most of the ones that have been recommended in this forum).

Offline van

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: April 04, 2012, 10:49:34 am »
Great, thanks, I use their honey too.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk