Author Topic: 3 week into raw diet!!  (Read 10820 times)

Offline Chopstick33

• Scavenger
    • View Profile
3 week into raw diet!!
« on: February 23, 2012, 01:37:50 pm »
Hi, I am three week into raw diet and I'm still having a really hard time eating raw meat. What should I do? It's good that I'm am losing weight but I might get too thin. Lol. My diet right now include raw milk, fruits, fish, raw egg, honey, marrow fat, meat and fat. I'm just having a really hard time chugging down raw meat. Any advise to make it more taste? Will lemon juice devalue the meat? Please help guys!

Thanks
Jimmy

Offline cherimoya_kid

• One who bans trolls
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
Re: 3 week into raw diet!!
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2012, 02:26:10 pm »
Fish will accomplish the same thing as meat, so if you prefer fish, eat that instead.

Offline Chopstick33

• Scavenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2012, 03:13:44 pm »
I only had raw fish from a sushi place. Is it safe to eat any salt and fresh water fish? Will I need to freeZe it first? My father in law goes fishing a lot and always catch tons of fishes. Mostly bass and rock cod. Are those safe to eat raw?  I bet fresh fish will taste the best.

Offline HIT_it_RAW

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2012, 06:32:55 pm »
I only had raw fish from a sushi place. Is it safe to eat any salt and fresh water fish? Will I need to freeZe it first? My father in law goes fishing a lot and always catch tons of fishes. Mostly bass and rock cod. Are those safe to eat raw?  I bet fresh fish will taste the best.
If the places he caught them are clean they are safe to eat. freshwater predators my contain parasites. Opinions differ about those.
“A man should be able to build a house, butcher a hog, tan the hide,
preserve the meat, deliver a baby, nurture the sick and reassure the dying, fight a war … specialization is for insects.”

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
  • Geek Healer Truth Seeker Pro-Natal Pro-Life
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2012, 08:35:27 pm »
Ocean fish is safer than fresh water fish.

Try different species and different suppliers and different parts of your raw red meats.   And do not, do not grind them.  Ground raw red meat is just despicable for me.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2012, 08:50:23 pm by goodsamaritan »
Linux Geek, Web Developer, Email Provider, Businessman, Engineer, REAL Free Healer, Pro-Life, Pro-Family, Truther, Ripple-XRP Fan

I'm the network administrator.
My business: Website Dev & Hosting and Email Server Provider,
My blogs: Cure Manual, My Health Blog, Eczema Cure & Psoriasis Cure

Offline svrn

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2012, 03:27:38 am »
I suggest just keeping getting it in you and eventually you will start to like it. Thats what happened with me. Fish was always easier but it is more expensive where Im at.
-----------

Offline aLptHW4k4y

• Shaman
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 24, 2012, 05:28:50 am »
Give it some time. Start with little meat, and put some salt on it. I'm eating raw meat for a year already, and I find it tastes much better than cooked, especially the cooked version of organs like liver is just nasty.
And do not, do not grind them.  Ground raw red meat is just despicable for me.
Ground raw red meat is just fine for me.. does it taste bad for you or?
« Last Edit: February 24, 2012, 05:42:35 am by aLptHW4k4y »

Offline svrn

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 24, 2012, 12:38:54 pm »
i find ground red meat quite tasty. Iv always eaten it within a day of getting it so i dont know how it is after that.
-----------

Offline Chopstick33

• Scavenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 24, 2012, 01:43:43 pm »
Thanks alot for ya advise.. This is really helpful. I might want to try a different part of the beef meat. I got some top round to finish up. Which part is more tasty and tender? What if I soak it up with lime and lemon juice? Is it still consider raw?

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
  • Geek Healer Truth Seeker Pro-Natal Pro-Life
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
« Reply #9 on: February 24, 2012, 02:00:52 pm »
Ground beef tastes gross for me.
Great raw meat to me is just like eating "ham."
Soaking in lemon or live juice I tried and that made the meat suck too.
Linux Geek, Web Developer, Email Provider, Businessman, Engineer, REAL Free Healer, Pro-Life, Pro-Family, Truther, Ripple-XRP Fan

I'm the network administrator.
My business: Website Dev & Hosting and Email Server Provider,
My blogs: Cure Manual, My Health Blog, Eczema Cure & Psoriasis Cure

Offline svrn

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 24, 2012, 02:03:12 pm »
my favorite cut is ribeye. Filet mignon is supposed to be better but I haven't tried it since going raw due to price.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2012, 02:51:51 pm by TylerDurden »
-----------

Offline Chopstick33

• Scavenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 24, 2012, 03:16:54 pm »
Yes grass fed beef are really pricey!! Rib eye is about $20 per pound. I settle on a cheaper cut and now I'm having a hard time finishing it. Lol

Offline Darwinian Fitness

• Scavenger
    • View Profile
    • Darwinian Fitness
« Reply #12 on: February 29, 2012, 11:08:15 am »
When I first started, I would add some sea salt or Bragg's Organic Sprinkle.

This really helps with the taste until you begin to crave it.

Hi, my name is Chris.
I help people get slim, fit, and strong.
You can find my website Darwinian Fitness at http://DarwinianFitness.com

Offline Chopstick33

• Scavenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 29, 2012, 11:58:20 am »
Which cut of the cow is the most healthiest for us? I'm working on a beef shank. I got it because of the marrow. The meat are really tough! Not a good choice for me, a newbie. Is the back fat better or the soft Fat inside the beef? Lol, I have alot of question. Thanks ya

Offline svrn

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 29, 2012, 01:51:51 pm »
the tougher the meat the healthier according to amerind tribes who gave the soft meat to the elderly and believed that the strong youth needed the tough meat to remain so.
-----------

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #15 on: February 29, 2012, 02:42:04 pm »
I find raw marrow to be the best. Unfortunately, I can't get hold of raw marrow from the highest quality source, wild game. Otherwise, I don't bother as I view the cheapest cuts of meat to be as good as the most expensive cuts.
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline Darwinian Fitness

• Scavenger
    • View Profile
    • Darwinian Fitness
« Reply #16 on: February 29, 2012, 05:26:42 pm »
Which cut of the cow is the most healthiest for us? I'm working on a beef shank. I got it because of the marrow. The meat are really tough! Not a good choice for me, a newbie. Is the back fat better or the soft Fat inside the beef? Lol, I have alot of question. Thanks ya

When wild predators make a kill, they go for the innards first. The organs and the interior fat. Especially the liver. That is the most prized and is typically eaten first.

That is where you will find the most nutrition if that is what you are after.
Hi, my name is Chris.
I help people get slim, fit, and strong.
You can find my website Darwinian Fitness at http://DarwinianFitness.com

Offline superja

• Egg Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 01, 2012, 03:22:44 am »
my favorite cut is ribeye. Filet mignon is supposed to be better but I haven't tried it since going raw due to price.

Sup, rib eye buddy. This is by far my favorite cut.

A really good striploin can be awesome too though because the fat is usually nicely in a row on one side, so you can eat the meat and then save the fatty part for last. Delicious!

Both of those cuts are a pretty good place to start if you're having an aversion to raw red meat. You'll want to incorporate organ meats and interior fat later, but for now, easing into it on a normal looking steak is probably easiest.

Offline Adora

• Chief
  • to thine own self be true ... Shakespeare
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 01, 2012, 04:47:20 am »
     I think you should eat whatever raw meat taste good to you. With any type of sauce. You could try warming oil and barbecue sauce in a pan and putting thin slices of tender steak or hamburger in it just to warm it, try not to brown it at all. I used to eat horse-raddish and mustard, with mayo on all beef. Don't go for organs for a bit, just stick with what you really liked most and have it as raw as is good. That's what I did. I really like raw better now. Everybodies going to hate me for this but if all else fails try rolling chunks of raw beef up in sliced cheese(even cooked), salami, or lightly cooked bacon. Make eggs soft boiled let it grow on you. I revolt any time I try to force something unpleasant on myself, but if I find a way to enjoy a healthfull thing I want more. I hope it helps. Keep going out for sushi at least a few more times. I still love the way a professional can slice and prepare it so beautiful. Let yourself have it with ginger, soy sauce, whatever. Have it in rolls with rice if you need it that way. Just get as much raw animal food in you and awaken your primal palette
know thyself and all of the mysteries of the gods and the universe will be revealed.
Oracle at Delphi

Then began I to thrive, and wisdom to get,
I grew and well I was;
Each word led me on to another word,
Each deed to another deed.
Odin, who chose to be weak and hang form the tree of the world (the universe), to capture the Runes (wisdom), so he (omnipotent) grew...
Each true word and deed leads to my manifestation of the true me.

Offline Muhammad.Sunshine

• Trapper
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 01, 2012, 07:02:47 am »
A great technique is cutting up the meat into very small cubes. This disrupts the connective tissue network and makes the meat easy to chew, raw meat eating becomes a pleasure.

Mixing the meat with diced onion, tomato, and lettuce makes a delicious and easy to prepare meal, it also looks fancy and appetizing.

These two tips result in a fantastic eating experience every time and leave you yearning for more.
Always try to be positive, optimistic, kind, and fair.

Offline Isthmus

• Buffalo Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 02, 2012, 02:58:02 am »
I've been eating raw for six months or so now and I didn't find it enjoyable (on a taste/flavour level) at all initially. I stuck with it because it made me feel much better and is helping (I believe) with health problems I have been suffering with. After six months now there are lots of meat cuts that I actually enjoy, some I am still relatively neutral to not that fond of like liver, which still tastes a lot better to me than it did at the start.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk