Author Topic: Bill Gates, Monsanto, and Eugenics  (Read 27075 times)

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
  • Geek Healer Truth Seeker Pro-Natal Pro-Life
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
Re: Bill Gates, Monsanto, and Eugenics
« Reply #25 on: March 02, 2012, 08:56:00 am »
The more human population, the merrier. Let's convert ALL the plants and animals into human flesh--let's shoot for 100 trillion or more humans--the more the merrier--and then cannibalize each other when human flesh is all that's left to eat. Cool! And let's do the same to every planet we can get our hands on. I call it progress, don't you? [Insert humor-challenged ad hominem responses and straw men here.]

Star Trek and Star Wars Phil,  we will then progress enough to a level to meet aliens of similar or more advanced development.

It takes a lot of tender love and care to make and raise children.
Destruction as to what Bill Gates is promoting is easy.

Just see the steep decline in fertility rates that past 5 decades globally per country.

Depopulation is easy and quick.
Check out the graphs and figures first please.
Linux Geek, Web Developer, Email Provider, Businessman, Engineer, REAL Free Healer, Pro-Life, Pro-Family, Truther, Ripple-XRP Fan

I'm the network administrator.
My business: Website Dev & Hosting and Email Server Provider,
My blogs: Cure Manual, My Health Blog, Eczema Cure & Psoriasis Cure

Offline PaleoPhil

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Mad scientist (not into blind Paleo re-enactment)
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 02, 2012, 09:07:12 am »
Yup, let's shoot the population even higher. The more the better. Even the sky is not the limit. So Star Trek and Star Wars is progress and beyond even that is perhaps even better, some sort of hyper-progressive utopia, eh? Is there ever any end goal to it all, or just endless growth and expansion and wants and never achieving satisfaction?
« Last Edit: March 02, 2012, 09:14:17 am by PaleoPhil »
>"When some one eats an Epi paleo Rx template and follows the rules of circadian biology they get plenty of starches when they are available three out of the four seasons." -Jack Kruse, MD
>"I recommend 20 percent of calories from carbs, depending on the size of the person" -Ron Rosedale, MD (in other words, NOT zero carbs) http://preview.tinyurl.com/6ogtan
>Finding a diet you can tolerate is not the same as fixing what's wrong. -Tim Steele
Beware of problems from chronic Very Low Carb

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
« Reply #27 on: March 02, 2012, 09:45:29 am »
Yup, let's shoot the population even higher. The more the better.

In 2012, this will not happen even if you shout to the top of your lungs.
The depopulation masters have already succeeded.
Most people these days are so afraid of their own sexuality.
They are literally frightened to death to touch a bare penis to a bare vagina thinking they will get:
- aids
- some STD
- or worse... a baby!  Horrors!
(humans must be the most brainwashed of all animals now that many are afraid to reproduce)

So look, look at the population pyramid structures and graphs of declining fertility rates globally.

For most of the westernized contraceptive captured world, their bloodlines have zero future.

There are only a few who wake up to the reality of being human and they are persecuted and despised.

Sister Wives- Meet the Family Part 1

People like these will inherit the earth. 
Linux Geek, Web Developer, Email Provider, Businessman, Engineer, REAL Free Healer, Pro-Life, Pro-Family, Truther, Ripple-XRP Fan

Offline PaleoPhil

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 02, 2012, 09:52:43 am »
Don't worry, Muslims and others will probably make up for much of the deficit, and come to dominate the planet.
>"When some one eats an Epi paleo Rx template and follows the rules of circadian biology they get plenty of starches when they are available three out of the four seasons." -Jack Kruse, MD
>"I recommend 20 percent of calories from carbs, depending on the size of the person" -Ron Rosedale, MD (in other words, NOT zero carbs) http://preview.tinyurl.com/6ogtan
>Finding a diet you can tolerate is not the same as fixing what's wrong. -Tim Steele

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
« Reply #29 on: March 02, 2012, 10:10:59 am »
Don't worry, Muslims and others will probably make up for much of the deficit, and come to dominate the planet.

That's one of my theories too.

I named our 2nd son: Moses - Ishmael

If the Christians dominate, call him Moses.
If the Muslims dominate, call him Ishmael.
(in the meantime his nickname is MISH... my avatar)

Must survive, must survive, must survive... the depopulation masters' schemes.

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #30 on: March 02, 2012, 02:41:38 pm »
Personally, I find the notion that the future could resemble anything like Star Wars or Star Trek to be absolutely revolting. A future based on Blake's 7, Babylon 5, or even Lexx(!) or Farscape, would be far more preferable. At least those TV shows are more honest about human nature, and less 2-dimensional than the other two.
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline sabertooth

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 03, 2012, 09:54:01 am »
Bill Gates is a brilliant software designer and technological pirate, but he has no idea about eco science and his "global warming due to overpopulation" theory is out right stupid.

I have a more positive view of human mass reproduction. I believe that with a larger population there will be more possibilities for our species to work together and progress toward a future where technology will make it possible to produce clean energy and develop sustainable ways of food production.

Perhaps one day we will even have a star trek style replicator that could turn energy into food or whatever we could dream up and then there would be no limit to where humanity could go or what they could do.

Overpopulation is a perverse concept invented by the monarchs of the middle ages, who wished to keep the peasant classes numbers to a manageable level. Todays rulers have the same control freak issues, about how the human population must be kept under control.

Regardless of the theoretical sustainability of the human race at its current growth curve or what the ultimate fate of humanity is projected to be, I don't think preventing "overpopulation" is  the responsibility of people like Bill Gates to take on. Life will find its own way with or without humankind.

Being human myself and believing that our species is the ultimate expression of life on earth, I certainly hope we can survive this period of population increase without destroying the planets ecosystem or ourselves. But even if something catastrophic befalls us and there is a mass culling of the human population, then it may just be part of natures plan. If there are survivors , they will rise from the ashes to continue the process of evolving into higher beings just as our tiny mammalian ancestors had done during the time of the mass extinction 65 million years ago.

I am a skeptic that any ultimate good will come from the type of extreme interventionist measures people like Bill Gates is proposing,{ to cull the human race}. There are some really scary conspiracy's out there.

It seems that people like Bill Gates and the Monsanto overloads are wanting to play God with the processes of life and are working to high-jack humanity and severe its connection to the environment from which it came. They want to forgo the struggle for survival , that has made us who we are. You cant removing suffering and pain from life without seriously negative consequences. Its the struggle to survive and the life and death trials and errors of countless generations that is responsible for the evolution of human kind.

If given the power to do what they wished the eugenisist would cull of the majority of humans living today and then turn the remaining people of earth into serfs on a technological manner, and by doing so they will unwittingly disrupt the natural evolutionary process and cripple our capacity to evolve into higher beings.   

It's rumored that the Bill and Melinda Gates foundation is funding secret laboratories in China that are conducting human engineering, and God knows what other kind of mad science they are working on. So perhaps they are already planning ahead, and they believe that human kind can be redesigned in order to endure such an unnatural life.

« Last Edit: March 03, 2012, 10:02:15 am by sabertooth »
A man who makes a beast of himself, forgets the pain of being a man.

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #32 on: March 03, 2012, 10:09:29 am »
Bill Gates is doing the sensible thing. We need to reduce the overpopulation. It isn't just a question of numbers any more. We now have more and more people indulging in a profligate 1st world-style of living which can only lead to the destruction of the world's resources in time, as each human's ability to destroy his/her environment increases at a dramatic rate. I suspect that within a few centuries, if this goes on, our national parks will consist of just a half-dozen trees each, with all remaining animals in the world kept in zoos or  as pets.
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline sabertooth

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 03, 2012, 08:47:34 pm »
I guess its all about perspective.

I don't give a damn if there are any trees left when I am dead and gone.

I kind of like the Idea that I will have a million direct descendants, devouring the planets resources and enjoying life under the sun. People are too sentimental about the animals and the Forrest anyway. Life will persist one way or another, I care not for the outward appearance it takes. The life forms that we don't destroy will evolve to eventually take the place of the ones that have gone extinct, and a 100 million years from now whatever damage man has done would be completely erased by whatever new modes of life have risen up to cover our tracks

The type of people who are born in the future will be to busy with their I pads and whatnots too even bother visiting a nature reserves, or apreatiate the large game animals anyway.

Offline PaleoPhil

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 03, 2012, 09:54:04 pm »
I don't give a damn if there are any trees left when I am dead and gone.
That reminds me of a funny old guy I knew who said the same basically the same thing, and then said, "Fuck nature!" LOL  He was a real pot-stirrer.

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
« Reply #35 on: March 06, 2012, 08:29:51 am »
I wrote this blog post for my counterpart religious pro-lifers.
Atheists and Real Healers think Contraception Sucks

http://www.myhealthblog.org/2012/03/05/contraception-obama-2012-atheists-and-real-healers-think-contraception-sucks/

Offline personman

• Boar Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: April 10, 2012, 07:56:29 am »
Check out "INFOWARS.COM" for more about New World Order Eugenics and Bill Gates!

Offline Saris

• Scavenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: April 13, 2012, 12:00:38 am »
- Yes to real sex.
- No to contraception.  No to abortion.
- No to vaccinations.
- Yes to polygamy.
- Yes to early child bearing.
- Yes to natural organic foods, high fertility nutritious paleo foods.

I agree with the vaccination (it's mostly nonsense) and eating a proper diet.

But I cannot agree with early child bearing in an extremely complex society, nor can I agree with Polygamy.

And yes, "real sex" is wonderful, but Condoms are a very good thing if you don't want to pick up something nasty. :P

Offline Saris

• Scavenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: April 13, 2012, 12:14:15 am »
I wrote this blog post for my counterpart religious pro-lifers.
Atheists and Real Healers think Contraception Sucks

http://www.myhealthblog.org/2012/03/05/contraception-obama-2012-atheists-and-real-healers-think-contraception-sucks/

Do you not think that it's a little irresponsible to promote sexual intercourse without Condoms? Sure, I agree that Condoms "suck" in regards to the sensation vs skin-to-skin contact but I'd rather that then be infected by a sexual transmitted disease.

Also, my grand-parents also had large families but we must put that into context.

1. The economy was better in general.
2. The world population at the time was not even 2 billion.
3. Society was far less complex and you could get by with far less education and certification etc.
4. Spending per-child was far, far lower than today.

When it comes to contraception in general, after the baby boom, it's a good idea. We must face the facts, we do need a reduction in the global population and promoting contraception is a very soft, easy, way to do it.

Because when resources become scant, we're going to have more Wars.

The best way to peace is to have less children. In fact any country that claims to value peace and is not actively taking steps to reduce their population by education are liars.

Yes, we can eat like our ancestors did but, breed like them? That's out of the question.

Offline Saris

• Scavenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: April 13, 2012, 12:44:28 am »
In 2012, this will not happen even if you shout to the top of your lungs.
The depopulation masters have already succeeded.
Most people these days are so afraid of their own sexuality.
They are literally frightened to death to touch a bare penis to a bare vagina thinking they will get:
- aids
- some STD
- or worse... a baby!  Horrors!
(humans must be the most brainwashed of all animals now that many are afraid to reproduce)

So look, look at the population pyramid structures and graphs of declining fertility rates globally.

For most of the westernized contraceptive captured world, their bloodlines have zero future.

There are only a few who wake up to the reality of being human and they are persecuted and despised.

Sister Wives- Meet the Family Part 1

People like these will inherit the earth.

Humans all descend from the same Blood-line on their Mother's side since Mitochondrial  Eve. So, as long as one Woman in the world has a child your 'blood-line' has been passed on.

"People like these will inherit the earth. " --- If there is anything left to inherit.

If that man loves children so much, then why not adopt and have maybe 1 of his own?

Offline Saris

• Scavenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: April 13, 2012, 12:44:54 am »
Bill Gates is doing the sensible thing. We need to reduce the overpopulation. It isn't just a question of numbers any more. We now have more and more people indulging in a profligate 1st world-style of living which can only lead to the destruction of the world's resources in time, as each human's ability to destroy his/her environment increases at a dramatic rate. I suspect that within a few centuries, if this goes on, our national parks will consist of just a half-dozen trees each, with all remaining animals in the world kept in zoos or  as pets.

Very well said.

Offline Adora

• Chief
  • to thine own self be true ... Shakespeare
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: April 13, 2012, 06:06:48 am »
     I didn't have a child to save the world. I had her because I loved and wanted her. I didn't have sex or not out of fear. I fell in love. I believe that love would have been the driving force for my paleo ancestors too. I don't think they were prudish. But promiscusity may be more lack of free will and self esteem. So, assuming with physical health they also had integrity, they may have been capable of much deeper, loving connected relationships.
    Raising a child well is a huge commitment. I suspect women knew of herbs to prevent pregnancy and abort. I suspect this could even occur with mental/spiritual focus in times of need. I further suspect that primitive man was capible of mental telepathy and rapid physiological adaption. So, limiting reproductivity is not a stretch.
    I don't think it is really a numbers game where the winners have the most partners or offspring. If your talking about a person, couple, family, band, or world the winners are the ones who feel loved.
      I am well loved it came through commitment to my self. When I look around me near and far I see pleanty of procreation and hardly any love. That what we all need. That's what the world needs. Without it, we suffer, eat junk, hate, fight, kill and die.
Did Bill Mention that?
     Have sex and children, when it is the most loving thing your heart desires. That's my advise, I think it holds true from the beginning till the end.
know thyself and all of the mysteries of the gods and the universe will be revealed.
Oracle at Delphi

Then began I to thrive, and wisdom to get,
I grew and well I was;
Each word led me on to another word,
Each deed to another deed.
Odin, who chose to be weak and hang form the tree of the world (the universe), to capture the Runes (wisdom), so he (omnipotent) grew...
Each true word and deed leads to my manifestation of the true me.

Offline sabertooth

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: April 13, 2012, 06:36:42 am »

When it comes to contraception in general, after the baby boom, it's a good idea. We must face the facts, we do need a reduction in the global population and promoting contraception is a very soft, easy, way to do it.

Because when resources become scant, we're going to have more Wars.

The best way to peace is to have less children. In fact any country that claims to value peace and is not actively taking steps to reduce their population by education are liars.

Yes, we can eat like our ancestors did but, breed like them? That's out of the question.

This is pure hyberbol.

The numerical upper limit of a sustainabile human population is unknown. It is totally dependent on circumstances beyond anyone's ability to foretell.

Who is to say that devices will not be invented that could create unlimited clean energy. New methods of food production could easily keep growing populations well fed, if the technology was applied properly.

Where there is a will there is a way.

Who is bill Gates to decide what is and isn't sustainable?

Our human species is 7 billion strong and with the ability of technology to connect us to each other I am sure we can work on solutions to better use and manage the worlds resources that don't involve mass extermination through War, Sterilization, and soft kill eugeniside.

There have been malthusian types since the dark ages hyping the nonsensical idea of overpopulation. Their ideas are just as idiotic today as they were back then.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2012, 06:44:38 am by sabertooth »

Offline Saris

• Scavenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: April 13, 2012, 08:39:58 am »
This is pure hyberbol.

The numerical upper limit of a sustainabile human population is unknown. It is totally dependent on circumstances beyond anyone's ability to foretell.

Who is to say that devices will not be invented that could create unlimited clean energy. New methods of food production could easily keep growing populations well fed, if the technology was applied properly.

Where there is a will there is a way.

Who is bill Gates to decide what is and isn't sustainable?

Our human species is 7 billion strong and with the ability of technology to connect us to each other I am sure we can work on solutions to better use and manage the worlds resources that don't involve mass extermination through War, Sterilization, and soft kill eugeniside.

There have been malthusian types since the dark ages hyping the nonsensical idea of overpopulation. Their ideas are just as idiotic today as they were back then.

You are kidding right? We don't know the limit? Have you looked at the state of the planet lately? I know we live in a nice place with lots of food and clean water, but we're very lucky! Most of the people on this planet live terrible lives and a lot of them are already starving.  We make war to sustain this level of existence for ourselves; stealing as it were.

So, we're already beyond the optimum population level in my opinion. As for technology, it will probably come someday but that's no reason to increase the suffering now. For example, a lot of the diseases that we fear now will probably have a cure in the future or even tomorrow afternoon, but, that said.. I'm sure that you're not going to take up smoking, heavy drinking and sex with HIV-Positive persons, are you?  Of course you're not because that would be an extremely foolish risk.

Right, now who is Bill Gates to decide? Well to be honest no one. He has no background in any of this stuff, but, with his money and influence he has connections to experts who do have the background and knowledge. Heads of state included. I should think that they know a thing or two about the global realities we face.

Who said anything about Eugenics, Sterilization? Birth control is working well enough.

As for War, war is the inevitable consequence of overpopulation. There are only so many resources and War comes when those resources become scarce or more valuable. Sort of like Oil.

« Last Edit: April 13, 2012, 10:01:26 am by Saris »

Offline sabertooth

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: April 13, 2012, 12:53:03 pm »
I am not kidding, I hold firm to what I have said throughout this thread, and I will stand my ground.

Nothing you said shows any proof of your position.

Yes, there is a global inequity and colossal waste and destruction of resources. Subjects of the first world are stealing their quality of life from the pale and down trodden of third and second world. People are forced to live in terrible situations, but it doesn't have to be that way, and saying its a problem cause by overpopulation people is absurd.

The earths resources are far from being tapped out. Artificial scarcity and suppressed technology have made people fear full of the future and slaves of the energy cartels that lord over the of life. Truth be known if the technology wasn't being suppressed then there would ways of producing clean energy without the need for oil, as well as new methods of producing renewable food sources of high quality.

Overpopulation in urban impoverished communities is dreadful and its problems are real, but those problems are not the result of total global overpopulation.

There were similar problems in Dickensian London, which was in reality were caused by conditions of overcrowding, poor sanitation and malnutrition: it was not an issue of too many people. There are certain areas of the world that are overcrowded and the resources mismanaged. Places like mexico city where there are too many people in a confined area without the proper resources to care for them all. This by no way has anything to do with global overpopulation. 

Its about ones own vision, and perspective as I had said before. The view of the overpopulation theist is full of fear and disgust for the future of man. Much of their fears are unfounded and stem from a misunderstanding of the root causes of human suffering today. They have no faith in the power of the human spirit to overcome the problems created by such a large population increase on its own.

We are in the middle of the possible genesis of of a bright new age and yet there are those who like Malthus claim that the future of the world would be better off without us. I see things in a different light and would like to share it with all who are open to it.

Please consider an alternative view of new manifest destiny for humanity.  I am introducing a compromise that will appease both sides of the issue.

First of all overpopulation is not our problem, and those who carry its cross are misguided. Humanity has come into a phase of full bloom, our technology is being refined to higher and higher levels, while human brain power is beginning to be harnessed in ways that were never possible before. The more humans alive, free and able to participate in this information age the better our chances will be of devising practical solutions to the problems of population growth, as it happens.

Time is on our side. If enough people wake up and realize that even as things are right now, we could still grow the population to somewhere over 50 billion people over the next several generations, as long as technology is unleashed by the world controllers and the proper accommodations are made. Thats another 500 years or so time for humans to learn to cooperate on a global level, and develop technology to an ever higher apex. Just think of the freaking potential of 50 billion human minds that are free to think as they please and are linked together by high tech communications. Its unimaginable what could be accomplished by such a collaboration of brain power and technology if properly guided.

If only Bill Gates would play the role of the Good Shepard and engage in such positive endeavors?

Then perhaps by the year 600 After Ford as predicted by Aldous Huxley the technology may become available that would make it possible for people to live without the want or need to have children or raise families. The methods of providing surrogate activities will be advanced enough to satisfy all the human needs and the people will willingly give up their right to breed in order to live in the brave new world. Those who refuse to assimilate may even have the option of living on a savage reservation.

Eventually if humans can survive until we reach that level of advancement then perhaps a free society more in line with what Gene Roddenberry had envisioned will emerge. I just don't see that kind of positive future being envisioned by the population control crowd.

In conclusion. The problems are not so black and white, neither are the solutions, but if anything we must be liberated from narrow thinking of the Malthusians. Whatever the endgame is, I am not comforted by the prospects of people like Bill Gates and organizations Monsanto Controlling what goes into our bodies. No matter what their intentions are people who preach population reduction are not to be trusted. 

« Last Edit: April 13, 2012, 01:36:26 pm by sabertooth »

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
nd peop
« Reply #45 on: April 13, 2012, 03:40:36 pm »
Well, Sabertooth has only said one thing that I agree with, namely that  Aldous Huxley's Brave New World would be a lovely, futuristic society to be in. SB hasn't obviously read the book, though, as the society involved has eugenics and sterilisation featured heavily in it.

SB is also overly optimistic about the effects of technology. People are often negatively affected by modern technology - look at all those modern mines which have stripped entire countryside landscapes rendering them ugly as hell. Then there are all those examples of cyanide from gold mines being washed into rivers by accident, every so often(the Romania/Danube example was one of the worst, as I recall). There is a whole class of people in Japan, the "Hikikomori" http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hikikomori who have been negatively affected by changing technology/modern social systems.

Plus, advancing technology has led to more people surviving who would have either died out due to some form of natural selection or been less likely to reproduce , as in past centuries. Plus, intelligent people are having far fewer children, no doubt due to the advent of the welfare state favouring the less intelligent, among many other factors:-

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dysgenics

After the advent of modern medicine, the rate of genetically-inherited health-problems such as heart-defects or cystic fibrosis or haemophilia etc. has risen every single generation thereafter. It wouldn't surprise me if in a few thousand years, virtually all humans end up in societies much like that film "Idiocracy", as a result. Eventually, such a society would become more like EM Forster's novella "The Machine Stops" and such societies would in the end be wholly replaced by primitive HGs without access to technology.

Simply put, technology is only useful if it is properly applied.  Advancing technology makes it easier for people to improve their condition as well as to foul things up even more than before.

As for Gene Roddenberry's so-called "vision", I can't imagine a more horrifying dystopia. Never mind, that Star Trek creators had the mindless arrogance to assume that virtually all aliens would just look like humans but just with some pointy ears or odd-shaped bulges on their skulls, but they also had the notion, in almost all episodes, that humans were, as a whole,  somehow "morally" superior/more intelligent etc. than  most aliens, with the humans usually winning against the aliens in most episodes,  which is an unlikely scenario. Star Wreck also tried to peddle Roddenberry's Liberal views, and "naturally"  l)   assumed that all aliens would somehow benefit from having such views as well. Never mind the fact that a truly alien, non-human  society would likely neither understand nor even benefit from such a limited Terran viewpoint, let alone any other human political viewpoints.

Even worse, it's clear from Star Wreck's b*ll re "Eugenics Wars" in its fictional history etc.  that it is wholly anti-transhuman/anti-posthuman in its beliefs. Which is ridiculous, because one can safely assume that, in order to be able to have a genuine spacefaring culture, one would also need to improve human beings via genetic engineering/cyborganisation etc. so that they could fully compete in such a futuristic society.

I far prefer Blake's 7 which had poorer special effects than Star Wreck, but which was far more realistic about human society and human failings. Babylon 5 was also good in that it sometimes featured powerful and credible non-human aliens in its episodes, although he made the character of Sheridan into a holy Messiah-figure which was ridiculous, among other flaws. Of course, the twisted people at Star Wreck ripped off most of their ideas for DS9  from Babylon 5, and then promptly ruined the story of DS9 anyway, despite their crime. Straczynski should have sued them for billions.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2012, 06:08:27 pm by TylerDurden »
" Ron Paul.

Offline sabertooth

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: April 13, 2012, 07:46:52 pm »
I think the aliens in star trek were more like caricatures that embody the differences between types of human beings. The Vulcan, romulans, klingons, ect. embodied different attributes of humanity. They are representations of the more alien attributes of man, anthropomorphed into alien characters. To learn to live with beings of such diversity is a noble , but difficult task.

If the Malthusians get their way they will destroy all this diversity and the good bad and ugliness that it engenders, in order to create a perfect homo-genius society of borg. Which is a far more dystopic than what I optimistically envision.

Bill Gates of Borg "You will be assimilated". Good God, I hope not.

Huxley revised his vision and created a better world in his book Island, where people were capable of limiting the negative impacts of technology in order to create a well balanced and sustainable society.

Are you saying that technology is such an uncontrollable force that a world of 50 billion people may not be able to reign it in?

You may be right, but I still say if enough people share my dreams we can make it real.

CitrusHigh

« Reply #47 on: April 13, 2012, 08:47:09 pm »
Share the dreams of not giving a fuck about the forest? Fat chance bruva! You realize the trees can feel your energy right? They know how you feel about them(not anthropomorphically but through energy), and incidentally so does the rest of the universe, probably not pleasing to them. Your lack of empathy is going to inhibit that evolution and awareness you're so fond of.

Offline Projectile Vomit

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: April 13, 2012, 09:13:03 pm »
...if enough people share my dreams we can make it real.

If enough people share your delusions...er...dreams, we'll end up in an even faster downward spiral than we're already in. You should apply to be the CEO of an oil company Sabertooth, or go work at the World Bank and rape less developed countries for their resources. You'd fit right in.

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #49 on: April 13, 2012, 09:13:39 pm »
I'm saying that the vast majority of human beings are mindless retards who will help destroy the rest of us as well  if we don't control technology in a way that is useful to Mankind and the rest of the Earth's species.  Even worse, mobs/crowds of people usually are far less intelligent, on the whole, than many human individuals. That is why I prefer a technologically-advanced individualist-anarchist society where technology is so supreme, that individuals can grow their own food in hydroponic tanks or small fields(even perhaps raw wild game), where everyone has their own microfusion reactor for their own energy needs etc.,  and can control technology in whatever way they wish so that no one need be dependent on the State or companies etc.  and so that organisations wither away to nothing. Such a society would inevitably result in the eventual extinction of the more worthless elements of society since the latter would inevitably end up wasting their lives in virtual reality worlds or getting drugged on substances like Soma(of Brave New World fame) while the wiser ones would go in for genetically-engineering their offspring etc. and thus enhancing their own survival.

The aliens in Star Trek were extremely bad, one-dimensional caricatures of certain human societies. The Federation was supposed to represent the United States, the Klingons were supposed to represent the Russians, while the Romulans were supposed to represent the Chinese. Needless to say, none of those 3 were remotely accurate representations of those Earth cultures.  Star Wreck was, at most  times, painful to watch with me constantly wishing that the aliens in those episodes would put down those worthless, overly sanctimonious human Federationists. Indeed, I only watched that show in those days because there was no other SF series on TV easily watchable during my free time. As regards "diversity",  you again missed the point. The whole thesis of Star Cr*p, in most episodes, was that the aliens should accept  that the humans were right and that the aliens were wrong. No diversity of opinion, there at all. Indeed, it is implied, often, that the human-led Federation will always defeat the aliens in the end, due to some supposed mythical human superiority. Even in the case of non-human aliens in the Federation, these are routinely portrayed as being decadent/degenerate and highly flawed(such as the Vulcans who are routinely shown as being emotionally-handicapped). So there is no real diversity in Star Wreck, just a humanocentrist argument of no validity. A genuine "diversity" claim can be made, to a limited extent, as regards Babylon 5 and Lexx, among a very few other SF shows which (sometimes)dare to show aliens as being truly alien. What I would like to see is an SF TV show with a genuine, non-human-looking alien as a protagonist. I wonder if they will ever turn "Shakara" , the SF comic-book story/hero from 2000AD into a TV show? That would be cool. I always remember the first few pages of that amazing story which involved the wholesale destruction of Planet Earth, thus allowing a more original story to happen from then on,  which featured no human beings in it at all.
" Ron Paul.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk