Author Topic: Raw Vegan Annette Larkins at 70 looks like 30.  (Read 41080 times)

Offline Joy2012

• Shaman
    • View Profile
Re: Raw Vegan Annette Larkins at 70 looks like 30.
« Reply #25 on: March 10, 2012, 02:11:20 pm »
You would be astute to claim an older age; people will comment on how young and healthy you look for your age.  ;)

I have never met an astute woman then....Or you are so young that you do not understand women.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2012, 02:56:45 pm by Joy2012 »

Offline Muhammad.Sunshine

• Trapper
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 11, 2012, 05:00:57 am »
I have never met an astute woman then....Or you are so young that you do not understand women.
Joy, your accurate insight made me smile. On such superficial subjects I tend to be blunt and offer my female friends rational solutions, indeed what my friends are really seeking is emotional support.
Always try to be positive, optimistic, kind, and fair.

Offline spitfiredd1

• Egg Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 13, 2012, 03:11:38 am »
Dr Doug Graham is a raw vegan too and he's AGED a TON in the last year.  Maybe she doesn't consume as much fruit as Dr Graham does and eats a lot more vegetables and fats?
Other forums I frequent:
Give it to me Raw
30bananasadaysucks.com

Offline cherimoya_kid

• One who bans trolls
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 13, 2012, 03:40:22 am »
Dr Doug Graham is a raw vegan too and he's AGED a TON in the last year.  Maybe she doesn't consume as much fruit as Dr Graham does and eats a lot more vegetables and fats?

Maybe.  And maybe she's had a lot of botox, plus eating very healthily.  She may even have used a number of other healing methods as well, and probably lives a very low-stress lifestyle, and may have very good genetics, too.

I once knew a woman in her early 80s whose skin looked like she was still in her early 40s.  If she had dyed her hair dark again, she could have easily passed for 42 or 43.  She was most definitely not a raw foodist.  She had good genetics.

Offline Duke

• Buffalo Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 13, 2012, 09:50:10 am »
What do you think? (He also eats fish)

109 Year Old Eats Chocolate

Offline PaleoPhil

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Mad scientist (not into blind Paleo re-enactment)
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: March 13, 2012, 09:57:35 am »
Heh, heh, I like that guy. Always love to see videos of him. Thanks for posting it. I love how honey is one of his top foods. So contrarian to nearly every approach other than Aajonus' and a few others.
>"When some one eats an Epi paleo Rx template and follows the rules of circadian biology they get plenty of starches when they are available three out of the four seasons." -Jack Kruse, MD
>"I recommend 20 percent of calories from carbs, depending on the size of the person" -Ron Rosedale, MD (in other words, NOT zero carbs) http://preview.tinyurl.com/6ogtan
>Finding a diet you can tolerate is not the same as fixing what's wrong. -Tim Steele
Beware of problems from chronic Very Low Carb

Offline Louna

• Trapper
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 10, 2012, 08:50:19 pm »
Hi Tyler :)

just for saying that it is really possible to have no grey hair at around 70, my mother is one of these people, 65 and just a few (maybe 10 or less) that only her can see... She eat mostly whole food but not only, had eaten in restaurant (pizza and co) for 30 years at lunch, had made some excess, smoked for few years A LOT but she also had always been thin (never eating too much and exercise a Little bit), and cook simple when at home, but eating meat and fish no organic.

Somebody knows more about the diet of Annette Larkins ? I guess not too much fruits as it has been said here, and not that much in quantity...

Offline nichiphantom

• Forager
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 15, 2012, 11:49:08 am »
If I've learned one thing in my quest for optimal nutrition, it's that human beings are more complicated than anyone gives them credit for. There are just too many factors involved. We can't jump to conclusions and say, "oh she's lying about her age, or she had plastic surgery." Some raw vegans say the same shit about meat eaters. Durian Rider (who I'm sure some of you know about) is infamous for making unfair judgments about paleo folks, like, "you can only be that built if you're on steroids." Maybe it is largely genetics. It's not fair, but that's always something to consider. Maybe, also, this particular diet just synced with her particular body chemistry and it's needs. Full disclosure, I'm currently  a fruitarian because I'm trying to find out how best to deal with my health problems. Obviously, I think you guys and the Paleo diet are alright... or I wouldn't be here!

Offline RomanK

• Trapper
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 16, 2012, 01:38:35 am »
The problem with ANY style is: that guru proclaims the ONLY way to the paradise of youth and health. But it is all b...s. There are success stories and failures in any of them.
You choose yr own if it works for you great, if you do not have result or yr condition worsens - look for another. If you have means to control the process with some sort of tests even better.
All these famous guys have high interest in commerce, yr interest is yr health.

Offline Chris

• Warrior
  • Each journey starts with a step
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 18, 2012, 09:59:44 am »
It's genetics and a clean diet. I've heard of people smoking tobacco for their whole lives with no issues or problems. Some people are predestined to certain things in their environment, that others aren't. Some things you just can't explain. If you or I ate what she did all those years, I doubt we'd have similar results. Good for her. She found a program that fits her needs, and stuck with it.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2012, 10:24:17 am by Chris »

Offline DangerousDashie

• Forager
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 04, 2012, 03:23:34 am »
She grows fresh veggies in her garden. If she doesn't wash them then she has access to the bacteria on the outside that has vitamin b's. I've heard that this is one way to have a successful vegan diet. I think some people fare better on different amounts of meat. I'm still figuring out what works for me.
« Last Edit: September 04, 2012, 05:54:10 am by TylerDurden »

Offline zbr5

• Buffalo Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 08, 2012, 02:22:05 am »
It is said her sons are in their fifties so I do not think she can be lying about her age.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2012, 03:21:17 am by TylerDurden »

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #37 on: September 08, 2012, 03:21:47 am »
*above post edited for better spelling*
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline Suiren

• Elder
  • (r)evolutionary mom
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: September 08, 2012, 05:49:02 am »
it is really possible to have no grey hair at around 70, my mother is one of these people, 65 and just a few (maybe 10 or less) that only her can see...

My maternal grand father too, as well as my paternal grand mother. They both lived very different life styles though.
My grand father died early actually (cancer), but his hair never went gray aside from a few hairs. So he had green eyes and black hair until the end of his days, and that made him appear a bit younger. He did have wrinkles though, and he was a heavy smoker, hard worker and ate regular foods.
My grand mother did not have any visible grays until her late 60's or so. She was also still very slim and had a youthful appearance. Great skin overall, not a lot of wrinkles, mostly just some laugh lines. She ate lots of rice, fish (also raw), some veggies and meats..no fruits really. She never ate large portions but sure drank a ton of tea throughout the day...
That's all I remember. I honestly think some people just don't age the same.

Anette Larkins looks great. I find that Blacks age too, but different. Lighter skin tones seem to be more prone to wrinkles as far as I have seen, which might have to do with other factors though.

As far as the 109 year old goes...I will be shopping for some garlic, honey and cinnamon  :P
Nyd byþ nearu on breostan; weorþeþ hi þeah oft niþa bearnum
to helpe and to hæle gehwæþre, gif hi his hlystaþ æror.

Offline rawcurious

• Forager
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: June 13, 2013, 12:16:35 am »
This woman looks amazing.

And to everyone who is questioning her hair its a weave or a sewn wig. Its normal for african/black/afro haired women to wear a weave or get a wig  sewn in. Even Naomi Campbell doesn't use her real hair - post of it is usually weaved or extended.

Offline svrn

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: June 13, 2013, 12:45:16 am »
If I've learned one thing in my quest for optimal nutrition, it's that human beings are more complicated than anyone gives them credit for. There are just too many factors involved. We can't jump to conclusions and say, "oh she's lying about her age, or she had plastic surgery." Some raw vegans say the same shit about meat eaters. Durian Rider (who I'm sure some of you know about) is infamous for making unfair judgments about paleo folks, like, "you can only be that built if you're on steroids." Maybe it is largely genetics. It's not fair, but that's always something to consider. Maybe, also, this particular diet just synced with her particular body chemistry and it's needs. Full disclosure, I'm currently  a fruitarian because I'm trying to find out how best to deal with my health problems. Obviously, I think you guys and the Paleo diet are alright... or I wouldn't be here!

i would advise you not to torture yourself with an all fruit diet.
-----------

Offline PaleoPhil

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Mad scientist (not into blind Paleo re-enactment)
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: September 15, 2013, 06:14:21 am »
Annette Larkins On The Doctors Clip 2

Annette includes raw starchy foods in her raw diet:

"Some of the starchy vegetables that I eat include sprouted legumes such as garbanzo beans and lentils, and also raw-sweet potatoes or yams. Even nuts contain starch; so although I have excluded cooked and over processed foods, my diet does not lack the vitamins, minerals, protein, starch, fat, and water needed to assist in achieving optimal health.

I prepare a delicious onion bread that includes ground sunflower and flax seeds."
>"When some one eats an Epi paleo Rx template and follows the rules of circadian biology they get plenty of starches when they are available three out of the four seasons." -Jack Kruse, MD
>"I recommend 20 percent of calories from carbs, depending on the size of the person" -Ron Rosedale, MD (in other words, NOT zero carbs) http://preview.tinyurl.com/6ogtan
>Finding a diet you can tolerate is not the same as fixing what's wrong. -Tim Steele
Beware of problems from chronic Very Low Carb

Offline Dr. D

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: September 15, 2013, 08:29:27 am »
How do you prepare raw onion bread?
-Dustin

Trying to heal ADHD. Common symptoms: fatigue, impulsiveness, poor attention, no motivation.
Other side issues I'd like to get over: Acne, dandruff, tooth health (yellow, poor gums, gingivitis)

If ya ain't hungry enough to eat raw liver, ya ain't hungry enough.

We are all just doing the best we can, with what we know, at any given time.

Offline cherimoya_kid

• One who bans trolls
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: September 15, 2013, 10:29:36 am »
Did she get more respect that Aajonus did on that show?  Because she certainly doesn't deserve 1/10 as much as he did.

Offline jessica

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: September 15, 2013, 12:19:48 pm »
dr. d. probably with a dehydrator, grind up seeds and onion and spices and then spread it flat on a sheet and then dehydrate........

Offline jessica

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: September 15, 2013, 12:22:05 pm »
Oh, by the way, if I hadn't mentioned it before, SOME BLACK MEN AND WOMEN DONT AGE, like..........at all.  Regardless of their food choices, so if she is living a particularly healthful lifestyle besides her food choices that just goes to further enhance her good aging.  I hate to say it but some bodies can deal with any diet and be healthy as long as moderation and low stress are found more often then not in life.  She has probably always had a somewhat graceful and strong disposition, it goes a long way into keeping one youthful and healthy.   

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #46 on: September 15, 2013, 04:00:17 pm »
Oh, by the way, if I hadn't mentioned it before, SOME BLACK MEN AND WOMEN DONT AGE, like..........at all.  Regardless of their food choices, so if she is living a particularly healthful lifestyle besides her food choices that just goes to further enhance her good aging.  I hate to say it but some bodies can deal with any diet and be healthy as long as moderation and low stress are found more often then not in life.  She has probably always had a somewhat graceful and strong disposition, it goes a long way into keeping one youthful and healthy.   
This is utter nonsense as a comment. Black people age as much re appearance or anything else as much as other ethnic groups. There seems to be a similiar fairy-tale wherein some people claim that Oriental women don`t age(usually spouted by some male who fancies Orientals) but it is similiarly nonsense.
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline Aura

• Bear Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: September 15, 2013, 06:54:48 pm »

I think it is plausible to say some people (regardless of gender and race), given a good set of genes plus environmental factors, can cope better with aging.
I also observed that food choices are crucial especially during the first years of life.
Seems like if you can get those building blocks right, you could count on them later.

I personally know a bunch of white/black and asian friends of mine that look younger than they are.
And they all eat processed foods nowadays but have been raised on whole foods .

Offline Inger

• Chief
  • 38 yo Norwegian RVAF s.-06, 90% carniv.
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: September 15, 2013, 07:09:32 pm »
I am not so sure she have not had any "repair" done to be honest.  l)

I personally think it looks good when people get a few wrinkles here and there when they age. It gives more personality... more "life" to the whole package.

Offline Wai Kai Zen

• Buffalo Hunter
  • Raw Knowledge and Experience
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: September 15, 2013, 08:04:20 pm »
Maybe it has to do with the amount of toxicity we are born with..
See, if you have very low to none toxicity in your body while born.. then you can eat alot less clean of a diet than people who are born with high toxicity in their body.

Just a thought tho  :)
Reminder to myself:
Search for truth, not dogma.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk