Author Topic: Raw Vegan Annette Larkins at 70 looks like 30.  (Read 41078 times)

Offline cherimoya_kid

• One who bans trolls
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
Re: Raw Vegan Annette Larkins at 70 looks like 30.
« Reply #50 on: September 15, 2013, 09:26:14 pm »
This is utter nonsense as a comment. Black people age as much re appearance or anything else as much as other ethnic groups. There seems to be a similiar fairy-tale wherein some people claim that Oriental women don`t age(usually spouted by some male who fancies Orientals) but it is similiarly nonsense.

Sorry dude, you're wrong on this.

Africans do tend to wrinkle less.  There are exceptions to the rule, but they do wrinkle less, both in my personal experience and in anecdotal reports from people I know.  "Black don't crack", is the saying in the black community here in the US.

Black skin is definitely different at the cellular level.  Here's a link to an abstract about that:

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/1485761

As far as East Asians go, I would also say that their skin tends to show their age a little less as well, on average.  That's also anecdotally reported among people I know.  I admit I haven't bothered to look for a link on this one, though.

Offline PaleoPhil

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Mad scientist (not into blind Paleo re-enactment)
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: September 16, 2013, 12:35:09 am »
How do you prepare raw onion bread?
She addressed this in the comments.

Oh, by the way, if I hadn't mentioned it before, SOME BLACK MEN AND WOMEN DONT AGE, like..........at all.
Did you see her husband, who's apparently around the same age and is also black?

Of course, even if one accepts that everything is legit, one person is not proof of anything, appearance is not everything, etc., but if her results are indeed legit then they are so remarkable as to be interesting. I noticed that her approach differs in interesting ways from strict 811ers, such as including some raw starches and it seems like more raw fats and greens, and somewhat less fruit (such as just drinking a "shot" of home-grown, fresh-squeezed noni juice per day instead of a pitcher or so of juice).

I look at her example as a potential learning opportunity more than to see how I can dismiss it. After all, add some raw animal food to her diet and you've got raw Paleo.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2013, 12:44:44 am by PaleoPhil »
>"When some one eats an Epi paleo Rx template and follows the rules of circadian biology they get plenty of starches when they are available three out of the four seasons." -Jack Kruse, MD
>"I recommend 20 percent of calories from carbs, depending on the size of the person" -Ron Rosedale, MD (in other words, NOT zero carbs) http://preview.tinyurl.com/6ogtan
>Finding a diet you can tolerate is not the same as fixing what's wrong. -Tim Steele
Beware of problems from chronic Very Low Carb

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #52 on: September 16, 2013, 01:02:30 am »
Sorry dude, you're wrong on this.

Africans do tend to wrinkle less.  There are exceptions to the rule, but they do wrinkle less, both in my personal experience and in anecdotal reports from people I know.  "Black don't crack", is the saying in the black community here in the US.

Black skin is definitely different at the cellular level.  Here's a link to an abstract about that:

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/1485761

As far as East Asians go, I would also say that their skin tends to show their age a little less as well, on average.  That's also anecdotally reported among people I know.  I admit I haven't bothered to look for a link on this one, though.

All this is utter rubbish.  Here`s an article which points out that black skin is possibly more immune to the effects of sunlight(ie UV radiation) but is more prone to aging in many other respects:-

http://www.bbc.com/future/story/20120529-does-darker-skin-not-wrinkle

On an anecdotal level, I and many others have noticed that those middle-aged of Northern European extraction in Italy and elsewhere tend to look much younger on average than similiarly-aged Southern Europeans who have a heavy admixture of Arab or Negro DNA.   
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline jessica

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: September 16, 2013, 03:21:50 am »
I said "some", not all.  I have known a few older black men and women that would never be able to guess their age, their skin is so smooth and tight and un blemished it amazing, I think it is just genetics, and I think that's what this raw veg lady is lucky enough to have been graced with.

I have never met an older white person like this, and I can say that I have lived in a place where the population is 80-90 percent white, so the if it were something that wasn't tied to also being black, you would think I woulda met a few white folks who age so gracefully.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2013, 03:48:29 am by jessica »

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #54 on: September 16, 2013, 08:40:37 am »
I have met plenty of old white folks  who have aged very well, and way better than other ethnic groups I`ve seen. Obviously, though, there is no  solid scientific evidence currently showing that any ethnic group lives much longer than any other. Conversely, most data re blacks indicates that, on average, their lifespan is way shorter than whites etc.
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline PaleoPhil

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Mad scientist (not into blind Paleo re-enactment)
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: September 16, 2013, 09:32:39 am »
BeGeezus I started a shite storm with that post.  ;D
>"When some one eats an Epi paleo Rx template and follows the rules of circadian biology they get plenty of starches when they are available three out of the four seasons." -Jack Kruse, MD
>"I recommend 20 percent of calories from carbs, depending on the size of the person" -Ron Rosedale, MD (in other words, NOT zero carbs) http://preview.tinyurl.com/6ogtan
>Finding a diet you can tolerate is not the same as fixing what's wrong. -Tim Steele
Beware of problems from chronic Very Low Carb

Offline cherimoya_kid

• One who bans trolls
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: September 16, 2013, 10:19:33 am »
Tyler, I think part of the issue may be UV exposure.  You live so far north that there's just not much UV radiation, even during the summer.  However, most of the US is quite a bit farther south, and I would guess that paler, thinner northern European skin would show a lot more aging and damage from all this extra UV radiation, in comparison to African-type skin, which is MUCH more designed to handle it.

And, dude, you're not going to win this one. I don't even think you KNOW any black people. ROFL  On the other hand, my elementary school was about 45% black, students, faculty, AND staff.  I'm very familiar with black skin.  I have been around the black community pretty much my entire life.

Offline cherimoya_kid

• One who bans trolls
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: September 16, 2013, 10:21:20 am »
BeGeezus I started a shite storm with that post.  ;D

Yeah, you did. Combine all the extra sensitivity around racial issues these days with the know-it-all attitude of most of the more prolific members/mods here, and....you might as well have tossed a turd into a fan.  ROFL

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #58 on: September 16, 2013, 03:00:37 pm »

And, dude, you're not going to win this one. I don't even think you KNOW any black people. ROFL  On the other hand, my elementary school was about 45% black, students, faculty, AND staff.  I'm very familiar with black skin.  I have been around the black community pretty much my entire life.
You conveniently ignored my article which showed conclusively that those with black skin have better resistance to photo-aging but are far more prone to many other age-related skin-problems such as being more prone to age-spots,  dark patches and seborrheic keraatosis. Plus, search online and you`ll find many articles pointing out that the "black don`t crack" claim is just a myth. Plus, having lived in London, I could hardly avoid knowing black people, so all the above is ridiculous. Whatever the case, no one can convincingly claim that blacks are  prone to reduced aging when they have, on average, a far lower average lifespan than other ethnic groups:-

" Ron Paul.

Offline cherimoya_kid

• One who bans trolls
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: September 16, 2013, 10:59:15 pm »
Tyler, the point is that the aging that happens to African-type skin is harder to see from a distance. I have had to learn to use clues OTHER than wrinkles to make a guess at a black person's age from their appearance.  Unless you're REALLY close to them, in excellent light, it's often very difficult to tell a darker-skinned black person's age simply from their skin.

And I would never claim that they age more slowly, on average.  The data show the opposite, if anything.

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #60 on: September 17, 2013, 12:35:50 am »
Tyler, the point is that the aging that happens to African-type skin is harder to see from a distance. I have had to learn to use clues OTHER than wrinkles to make a guess at a black person's age from their appearance.  Unless you're REALLY close to them, in excellent light, it's often very difficult to tell a darker-skinned black person's age simply from their skin.
Well, no one should judge solely based on skin-colour but on other things as well such as sagging jaw, drooping eyes  or whatever.
" Ron Paul.

Offline cherimoya_kid

• One who bans trolls
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: September 17, 2013, 03:37:22 am »
Well, no one should judge solely based on skin-colour but on other things as well such as sagging jaw, drooping eyes  or whatever.

With darker-skinned Africans, I usually look at hair color (to see if they have any gray hair), and then at the whites of the eyes, if I'm close enough to see their eyes clearly. 

Offline svrn

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: September 20, 2013, 10:12:31 am »
Id like to add that most of London is no longer white at this point.
-----------

Offline cherimoya_kid

• One who bans trolls
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: September 20, 2013, 12:12:40 pm »
You mean it's become full of South Asians, especially Pakis and Hindus?

Offline svrn

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: October 11, 2013, 01:39:49 pm »
yes.

London is no longer an english city. Consider it totally conquered by the multiculturalists/anticulturalists at this point, perhaps all of london as well.

-----------

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk