Author Topic: How to eat a Pineapple, How much to eat of a Pineapple  (Read 18810 times)

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
  • Geek Healer Truth Seeker Pro-Natal Pro-Life
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
How to eat a Pineapple, How much to eat of a Pineapple
« on: March 18, 2012, 09:30:10 am »
Presented here in this video is how to open and slice up a pineapple. This guy is good. He shows you can cut round pieces like medallions. But you can also cut lengthwise. Which I prefer when serving pineapples because the sweetness of a pineapple varies from top to bottom. So if you cut in medallions you get a sweet medallion and a sour medallion. To be fair to all of the people you share your pineapple with, cut it lengthwise.

How to...Eat a Pineapple

How much to eat of a pineapple? Notice in my above paragraph I said SHARE your pineapple. That is because you are NOT supposed to eat an entire pineapple by yourself. Not even HALF a pineapple of that size. You are just supposed to eat 1 lengthwise slice. 2 lengthwise slices if you are a glutton. But not more than that.

The other thing to look out for is when your tongue or lips start getting itchy or in pain. If any signs of that itch or pain begin, it’s time to stop eating pineapple. That means your body has had enough.

Pineapples can be very sweet or high in fructose without you knowing it causing high blood sugar spikes and eventual crashes if you eat too much. That is why my guideline is just 1 or 2 slices.

For SAD dieters, those who eat combinations of meat and rice or meat and wheat, or raw vegetables, or corn, those very hard to digest combinations and foods can be helped by eating a slice or two of pineapple for desert.

The pineapple enzymes are very powerful and can aid in digestion immensely. And this is also why you should not be eating an entire pineapple by yourself unless you want to bore holes in your gut.

Pineapples are great thirst quenchers and digestive aids, but do not overdo them. Remember, 1 or 2 slices is enough. That is what I judge as moderation. It is also the same serving size what rolling pineapple fruit vendors sell in the streets of Manila.  So it's also their judgment of moderation.

Source:
How to eat a Pineapple, How much to eat of a Pineapple
« Last Edit: March 18, 2012, 09:35:20 am by goodsamaritan »
Linux Geek, Web Developer, Email Provider, Businessman, Engineer, REAL Free Healer, Pro-Life, Pro-Family, Truther, Ripple-XRP Fan

I'm the network administrator.
My business: Website Dev & Hosting and Email Server Provider,
My blogs: Cure Manual, My Health Blog, Eczema Cure & Psoriasis Cure

Offline Löwenherz

• Chief
    • View Profile
Re: How to eat a Pineapple, How much to eat of a Pineapple
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2012, 05:05:46 pm »
Pineapples can be very sweet or high in fructose without you knowing it causing high blood sugar spikes and eventual crashes if you eat too much. That is why my guideline is just 1 or 2 slices.

GS, let me add a short comment for raw paleo beginners here:

You get blood sugar spikes and/or crashes after eating pineapple or other high sugar fruits ONLY if you eat saturated animals fats like beef and lamb on a regular basis.

If you eat coconut fat (which is even more saturated) instead of animals fats you don't get blood sugar problems, even after eating two or more whole pineapples (what is not recommendable, imo), because our bodies converts MCTs into energy like carbohydrates.

Saturated animal fats cause IGT, Impaired Glucose Tolerance. It's well documentated in PubMed. As long as you want to go very low carb, this is no problem. But as soon as you eat more than minimum amounts of carbs the blood sugar rollercoaster is a normal but very undesireable consequence.

Löwenherz

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2012, 06:36:58 pm »
Interesting insight.
Sounds like I want to do an experiment with that.
Linux Geek, Web Developer, Email Provider, Businessman, Engineer, REAL Free Healer, Pro-Life, Pro-Family, Truther, Ripple-XRP Fan

Offline cherimoya_kid

• One who bans trolls
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2012, 08:41:18 pm »

Saturated animal fats cause IGT, Impaired Glucose Tolerance. It's well documentated in PubMed.

OK, those studies were not done with RAW fats.  Also, no animal fat is 100% saturated, or even very close to it.

Offline Löwenherz

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2012, 01:02:13 am »
OK, those studies were not done with RAW fats.  Also, no animal fat is 100% saturated, or even very close to it.

Every fat contains SFAs, MUFAs and PUFAs.. Some are low in SFAs like wild salmon fat, some are very high like lamb fat.

Both, raw and cooked saturated animal fats cause IGT. The rate depends on the quantity you eat and your ability to digest these fats.

Löwenherz

Offline aLptHW4k4y

• Shaman
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2012, 02:56:32 am »
How do saturated fats cause IGT, and why animal fats specifically?

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #6 on: March 20, 2012, 04:21:02 am »
Every fat contains SFAs, MUFAs and PUFAs.. Some are low in SFAs like wild salmon fat, some are very high like lamb fat.

Both, raw and cooked saturated animal fats cause IGT. The rate depends on the quantity you eat and your ability to digest these fats.

Löwenherz

Utter b*ll*cks. All those studies you mention focus on COOKED saturated fats, not raw ones. Raw saturated fats are perfectly OK.
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline Löwenherz

• Chief
    • View Profile
Raw saturated animal fats can cause Impaired Glucose Tolerance
« Reply #7 on: March 20, 2012, 04:22:25 pm »
Utter b*ll*cks. All those studies you mention focus on COOKED saturated fats, not raw ones. Raw saturated fats are perfectly OK.

No, RAW saturated animal fats cause IGT in the same way as cooked animal fats do. There is not difference between cooked and raw animal fats in this regard, Tyler.

Everybody can check that this is true by simply using a blood glucose meter.

As you know many members of this forum frequently report blood sugar spikes and/or crashes after eating high sugar fruits.

That doesn't mean that saturated animal fats are bad per se. But it raises the question if it is advisable to eat fruits in the context of a diet that is high in raw or cooked saturated animal fats. Richard Bernstein, Nora Gedgaudas, Ron Rosedale and many others discuss this issue in depth.

Such blood sugar spikes and crashes are definitely not healthy.

Seafood and wild game meat don't cause IGT and MCFAs can be useful if you want to restore your glucose tolerance.

Löwenherz
« Last Edit: March 20, 2012, 05:20:30 pm by TylerDurden »

Offline Inger

• Chief
  • 38 yo Norwegian RVAF s.-06, 90% carniv.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 20, 2012, 04:46:16 pm »
You are on to something, Löwenherz.
That fits with my research too.
That is why people in tropical countries eat lot of coconuts as fat. Fits great with carbohydrates.

My plan is, keto in fall, winter and spring ---> whatever animal fat I like,
in summer ---> some fruit that fits me well and coconut  in addition to lean game-meat and fish.
 :)
Inger

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #9 on: March 20, 2012, 05:26:40 pm »
Nonsense. At any rate, I have never had any problems during those times when I ate lots of raw animal fats and lots of raw fruits. Raw fruits on their own had a slight effect if I only ate raw fruits for long periods(after being rawpalaeo for years), but as soon as I included raw animal foods, even in small quantities, I was fine.
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline invisible

• Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 20, 2012, 07:05:39 pm »
Saturated animal fats cause IGT, Impaired Glucose Tolerance.

That's not true. Impaired glucose tolerance is likely caused by a problem with cellular energy production.

Present the Pub Med studies so we can discuss them.

Offline Hanna

• Shaman
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 21, 2012, 01:43:59 am »
That's not true. Impaired glucose tolerance is likely caused by a problem with cellular energy production.

Yes, please! Löwenherz, could you please link a few (or at least one or two) of these studies?
For me, it´s just important not to combine fruit (i. e. sugar) and fatty foods in the same meal (and if necessary to separate meals by a few hours "fasting"). However, I don´t eat that much animal fat as some other forum members do.

Offline Löwenherz

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 21, 2012, 03:57:15 pm »
Yes, please! Löwenherz, could you please link a few (or at least one or two) of these studies?
For me, it´s just important not to combine fruit (i. e. sugar) and fatty foods in the same meal (and if necessary to separate meals by a few hours "fasting"). However, I don´t eat that much animal fat as some other forum members do.

Just use a simple blood glucose meter and make your own study of your own body. Eat a lot of beef or lamb suet for some days, then eat five bananas and measure your blood sugar 30 min and 120 min after eating the fruit sugar. As I mentioned many members here report IGT symptoms like blood sugar crashes after eating high sugar fruits.

Animal fats a very different. Beef suet can trigger IGT much more strongly than bone marrow, for example.

Löwenherz

Offline Löwenherz

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 21, 2012, 03:59:56 pm »

So, please explain: What are the main reasons in your view that many people here experience blood sugar rollercoasters after eating high sugar fruits?

Our own experiences are more relevant than studies in PubMed, IMO.

Löwenherz

Offline Löwenherz

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 21, 2012, 04:05:16 pm »
Nonsense. At any rate, I have never had any problems during those times when I ate lots of raw animal fats and lots of raw fruits.

"Nonsense", "bullshit", "bullocks" and "rubbish" seem to be common words in your responses recently.

On such a level any further post would be a waste of time.

Löwenherz

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #15 on: March 21, 2012, 04:27:04 pm »
"Nonsense", "bullshit", "bullocks" and "rubbish" seem to be common words in your responses recently.

On such a level any further post would be a waste of time.

Löwenherz

You provide no pubmed studies, despite being asked, and  then you claim that our personal experiences are more important, yet hypocritically ignore my own personal experience, that high fat plus high carb does not harm my health at all.
« Last Edit: March 21, 2012, 08:32:31 pm by TylerDurden »
" Ron Paul.

Offline HIT_it_RAW

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 21, 2012, 05:40:58 pm »
Nonsense. At any rate, I have never had any problems during those times when I ate lots of raw animal fats and lots of raw fruits.
Same here. I eat low carb 5-6 days of the week with lots of animal fat and high carb on workout days. I never have problems with it. I damn well know how blood sugar swings affect me. They make me either agressive(high) or depressed(low). I mostly eat some butter with my fruits to prevent blood sugar swings.
« Last Edit: March 21, 2012, 08:35:05 pm by TylerDurden »
“A man should be able to build a house, butcher a hog, tan the hide,
preserve the meat, deliver a baby, nurture the sick and reassure the dying, fight a war … specialization is for insects.”

Offline HIT_it_RAW

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 21, 2012, 05:46:04 pm »
Just use a simple blood glucose meter and make your own study of your own body. Eat a lot of beef or lamb suet for some days, then eat five bananas and measure your blood sugar 30 min and 120 min after eating the fruit sugar. As I mentioned many members here report IGT symptoms like blood sugar crashes after eating high sugar fruits.

Animal fats a very different. Beef suet can trigger IGT much more strongly than bone marrow, for example.

Löwenherz

sure five cavendish banana give me(and probably most) blood sugar swings. this happens regardless wether i eat marrow butter or suet the days before.
So, please explain: What are the main reasons in your view that many people here experience blood sugar rollercoasters after eating high sugar fruits?
how about the high sugar fruits themselve?
preserve the meat, deliver a baby, nurture the sick and reassure the dying, fight a war … specialization is for insects.”

Offline HIT_it_RAW

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 21, 2012, 05:49:19 pm »
You provide no pubmed studies, despite being asked, and  then you claim that our personal experiences are more important, yet hypocritically ignore my own personal experience, that high fat plus high carb does not harm my health at all.
You can probably include the experiences of a lot of wai-dieters and primal dieters. AV recommends eating tons of butter and eating butter with fruits and making milkshakes with lots of animal fat and pineaple/papaya. never heard of(or experienced myself for that matter) any blood sugar swings from that. If anything blood sugar swings seem to be less when eating lot of animal fat. in me anyway.
« Last Edit: March 21, 2012, 08:43:55 pm by TylerDurden »

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
« Reply #19 on: March 21, 2012, 06:18:48 pm »
sure five cavendish banana give me(and probably most) blood sugar swings.

My country exports a lot of cavendish bananas.
They're factory farmed and sprayed with everything the corporations got.
Filipinos in general don't eat cavendish bananas. (we got lots of better banana species)

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
« Reply #20 on: March 21, 2012, 06:21:00 pm »
Regarding "studies".

Guys, really, nobody makes studies using raw paleo dieters as subjects.
So it is up to us to make our own personal experiments.

Offline HIT_it_RAW

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 21, 2012, 07:19:42 pm »
I mostly adhere to the rules of food-combining. I don't combine vegetable food with animal food always space them a few hours like you. The only exception however is that I eat some raw butter with my fruits(typically one a day). This really gives me nice steady energy from the carbs/butter and totally prevents bs swings. In my own experiments I found that combining dairy(except cheese) with fruits poses no problems in fact they digest wonderfully together. All other combination fruits/meat fruit/veggies veggies/meat veggies/dairy gives me problems
« Last Edit: March 21, 2012, 08:31:59 pm by TylerDurden »

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk