Author Topic: Why cooked paleo reportedly is healing to many?  (Read 38888 times)

Offline Inger

• Chief
  • 38 yo Norwegian RVAF s.-06, 90% carniv.
    • View Profile
Re: Why cooked paleo reportedly is healing to many?
« Reply #25 on: March 27, 2012, 07:27:28 pm »
Yes, PaloPhil  is right.
There are a lot of people that healed themselves with cooked paleo. Go and read on paleoforums, MDA is a great source.
Many also got sick eating 100% raw. Some died. 100% Raw is maybe not the salvation and only solution as many might think.
There is MUCH more into play as only raw/cooked, IMHO.

Inger (still a big fan of raw but lost her dogma long ago.. -X..)

Offline storm

• Scavenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 27, 2012, 07:41:17 pm »
Are raw paleo people healing when they use raw dairy?

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
  • Geek Healer Truth Seeker Pro-Natal Pro-Life
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
« Reply #27 on: March 28, 2012, 01:00:12 am »
Are there any case studies on the ability of raw Paleo to heal sickness? No. Do you believe it works nonetheless? Yes! And you don't require a single study to believe that, because you experienced it yourself.

I heal people with raw paleo on a regular basis.

But it does not mean that I will resort only to raw paleo tools.  I use all the tools available at my disposal.  It's just that raw paleo is the most reliable one, the safest tool from my point of view.

Most people go back to their old cooked habits and deteriorate again.  It's their life... not mine.

If you fund me for your study, I will be able to heal many many more people.

The cases I have healed do not require "belief". 
« Last Edit: March 28, 2012, 01:15:25 am by goodsamaritan »
Linux Geek, Web Developer, Email Provider, Businessman, Engineer, REAL Free Healer, Pro-Life, Pro-Family, Truther, Ripple-XRP Fan

I'm the network administrator.
My business: Website Dev & Hosting and Email Server Provider,
My blogs: Cure Manual, My Health Blog, Eczema Cure & Psoriasis Cure

Offline Inger

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 28, 2012, 02:32:49 am »

But it does not mean that I will resort only to raw paleo tools.  I use all the tools available at my disposal.  It's just that raw paleo is the most reliable one, the safest tool from my point of view.

I love that you are so openminded GS.  :-* It is a very beautiful character.
And raw foods is a great tool indeed.

Inger

Offline technosmith

• Bear Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 28, 2012, 04:08:45 am »
Yes, PaloPhil  is right.
There are a lot of people that healed themselves with cooked paleo. Go and read on paleoforums, MDA is a great source.
Many also got sick eating 100% raw. Some died. 100% Raw is maybe not the salvation and only solution as many might think.
There is MUCH more into play as only raw/cooked, IMHO.

Inger (still a big fan of raw but lost her dogma long ago.. -X..)

Inger states here that many also got sick from eating 100% raw, and that there is MUCH more into play in terms of raw vs cooked.

Most people go back to their old cooked habits and deteriorate again.  It's their life... not mine.

If you fund me for your study, I will be able to heal many many more people.

The cases I have healed do not require "belief". 

However this statement from GS suggests that healing is achievable by ALL using a raw paleo diet.

So GS, what is your take on this? It seems in your experience that raw paleo is ALWAYS the way to go and works every time.

Yet others inform of cases where it didn't work.

Why is this, in your opinion?

Are you sure it is in the type of application of the diet?

Thanks.

Phil

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #30 on: March 28, 2012, 04:53:06 am »

How does one "have dinner" with a Breatharian? ;) Did she watch you eat or what?
She was seriously considering it, not doing it right then.
So if my poll was worse than useless, whereas others are better because they're just useless, then it should be possible for you to improve on mine. If you can't improve on it, then that reveals that singling mine out and claiming it was worse was just so much hot air.
I'm afraid your b*ll is so much hot air. I merely stated, correctly, that your poll was extremely dishonest and that polls, in general, were not an accurate representation of peoples' beliefs. Short of forcing all active members to vote, no poll could be remotely accurate.
No, I was just responding to your belittling of the Paleo component.
Just another lie on your part.
There you go again, belittling the Paleo component, and yet again you're ignoring the gradations of harm from different forms of cooking.
   I wasn't belittling the palaeo component, I simply pointed out, correctly, that cooking removed most of the benefits of avoiding non-palaeo foods.  And, as regards "gradation", there is a big leap between raw and cooked, not a small step - cooking destroys enzymes and bacteria and even minor forms of cooking remove some nutrients. And any form of cooking creates some heat-created toxins.
Again, I wasn't arguing that there's no value in rawness, just responding to your going overboard in diminishing the Paleo aspect. Besides, my understanding is that most cooked Paleos don't consume dairy or see it as a modification of Paleo.
What a fraud! You can't debunk my point so resort to b*ll.   The whole point is that the palaeo concept forbids dairy in all forms, even raw, yet some people benefit from raw dairy but not pasteurised dairy, thus proving that raw is more important than palaeo, to some extent.
And again, if you could cite examples of people who improved dramatically when they switched to raw vegan from cooked Paleo, that would add credence to your claims. Evidence is more convincing than rhetoric and ad hominem.
I am a classic example. I had awful stomach-aches after being cooked-palaeo which crippled me big time. When I went raw vegan, those pains stopped completely.
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline PaleoPhil

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Mad scientist (not into blind Paleo re-enactment)
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 28, 2012, 06:14:18 am »
Yes, PaloPhil  is right.
Thanks Inger. Yes, I've seen countless amazing success stories of people on cooked Paleo in person, in various forums, blogs, podcasts, books, Youtube videos, a Ted Talk, etc., and as you suggested, if someone wants to find them, it's not difficult. I think I even posted somewhere a link to Robb Wolf's online database of success stories, which he reported is only a tiny fraction of them (no way of proving that, of course, but he doesn't strike me as dishonest). I doubt Tyler will be convinced no matter how many examples one might provide, and regardless of how extraordinary they might be. One can always come up with reasons to not take evidence seriously, such as assuming that people are lying or exaggerating or misguided, every study has some sort of limitation or defect that can be used to dismiss it, and so on.

-----------------

Tyler, thanks for that confirmation of your experience. I don't remember clearly what % vegan you were. IIRC, I think you were close to 100% raw, yes? If you recall or come across any other examples of cooked Paleo to raw vegan (or thereabouts) success stories, please let me know.

If anyone else  has any examples of cooked Paleo to raw vegan (or thereabouts) success or failure stories, or the reverse (raw vegan or thereabouts to cooked Paleo), whether your own or someone else's, please share them. Thanks. I apologize to anyone who already shared their story in the past. I don't think I kept track of any examples of these sorts from here.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2012, 12:12:52 pm by PaleoPhil »
>"When some one eats an Epi paleo Rx template and follows the rules of circadian biology they get plenty of starches when they are available three out of the four seasons." -Jack Kruse, MD
>"I recommend 20 percent of calories from carbs, depending on the size of the person" -Ron Rosedale, MD (in other words, NOT zero carbs) http://preview.tinyurl.com/6ogtan
>Finding a diet you can tolerate is not the same as fixing what's wrong. -Tim Steele
Beware of problems from chronic Very Low Carb

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #32 on: March 28, 2012, 11:06:17 am »
I've read the mark wolff testimonials page, and it was exactly as I had stated, all about reducing symptoms of auto-immune diseases, ulcerative colitis(caused by grains, I believe) and the like, not too effective. By contrast, reports from the RVAF diet world are far more impressive, such as a couple being able to have children due to raw-dairy-consumption after many years of infertility, and  others even recovering from a genetic condition(eg:- Grave's disease) due to a RVAF diet, many old  people finding they look much younger than in their cooked-food-eating days(unsurprising since advanced glycation end products from cooked foods cause wrinkles and damage the skin) etc.

I was raw vegan for 6 months and then Fruitarian for 18 months or so. I was near 100%, in that I only had cooked animal food c.5 times during those periods.
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline Inger

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 28, 2012, 03:55:03 pm »
I've read the mark wolff testimonials page, and it was exactly as I had stated, all about reducing symptoms of auto-immune diseases, ulcerative colitis(caused by grains, I believe) and the like, not too effective. By contrast, reports from the RVAF diet world are far more impressive, such as a couple being able to have children due to raw-dairy-consumption after many years of infertility, and  others even recovering from a genetic condition(eg:- Grave's disease) due to a RVAF diet, many old  people finding they look much younger than in their cooked-food-eating days(unsurprising since advanced glycation end products from cooked foods cause wrinkles and damage the skin) etc.

For the truths sake Tyler,
I do have to say that couple getting children after many years trying can happend also without rawfood.
My own brother and his wife tried 7 years to get a child but she got only miscarriage (once). Then all of a sudden - without changing any diet (they eat fairly healthy normal diet and live in Stockholm) she got pregnant! They got a healthy beautiful child and then, after a year she got pregnant again! Now they have their second healthy child! All without any therapies or changes in food. Crazy huh? I could tell you more of these stories, of people in my life that got healthy without rawfood.
My mom (60 yo) cured herself from really bad asthma with constant medication - only with swimming in icewater year round every morning shortly. She eats just normal cooked. She is real healthy and strong. And still lives in the same mold-house as then..! But now, the mold does not bother her! No environmental changes to blame the healing on so to say except of the cold baths.
It hurt my heart to see how the rawfood community shuts down success stories from others, only because they do not fit in their dogma.
And I am NOT telling raw is bad! I think raw is real good!!! It is just not the holy grail many wants it to be.

In addition to this I want to share a comment made from Dr Kruse on his blog, a reader was concerned about the toxicity of the wildcaugt fish that we face today.

Jack Says:
March 27th, 2012 at 7:08 am

@Paul Grace is a rockstar and she is very concerned with heavy metal toxicity…….I think she is right about many fish having issues but her defense is to eliminate fish……..my defense is to make sure my immune system is so good that the toxins never cause me an issue. CT does just that. See when you have a bad thyroid, LR, terrible adrenal gland……..well………you have to eliminate things to stay healthy…….but the tradeoff is that you cant have the most nutrient dense diet that the Ancient Pathway needs to run optimally……..if you at CT and cold……well the fish issue goes away. How do I know this…….i test myself for this very issue every three months………i believe in a quantified self testing platform. I leave nothing to chance. I question everything.

I love how he is thinking about the issue. This is the path I want to follow. Not the path of coming so sensitiv to everything you cannot tolerate one crumb of cooked or poisonous without getting sick.
It is all about immunesystem, adrenal health...

Inger

Offline Wattlebird

• Bear Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 28, 2012, 04:35:57 pm »
My mom (60 yo) cured herself from really bad asthma with constant medication - only with swimming in icewater year round every morning shortly. She eats just normal cooked. She is real healthy and strong. And still lives in the same mold-house as then..! But now, the mold does not bother her!

Hi Inger,
working in the area of healing, it is amazing the array of different modalities people use to facilitate healing. The possibilities and beliefs are vast and it is truly wonderful to see the spark of light rekindled in individuals concerned.
Your Mum sounds like a hardy, strong spirit: good on her. A lovely story.
Kind wishes, J

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
« Reply #35 on: March 28, 2012, 05:04:04 pm »
Where are the COOKED Paleo Diet Testimonials for

- Terminal Cancer?
- Pneumonia?
- TB?
- The gravest cases of Psoriasis?

Cooked paleo diet / rare meat paleo diet can cure EASY CASES... but when the going gets TOUGH, you bet your BALLS on Raw Paleo Diet.

The poor people who fail at using raw paleo diet to heal their diseases DO NOT have a HEALER with them teaching them hands on HOW to use raw paleo diet with their case.

The reason I succeed at healing people with RAW Paleo Diet is because I use tried and tested food sources and recipes and I have a kitchen of maids who are used to preparing raw paleo diet foods.

I am quite SURE of the effectiveness of the food stuffs I am giving the sick and I can adjust the diet on the spot.  I'm hands on.  I'm not guessing. 

Besides, I don't use just diet alone, I use everything else available.

100% COOKED Paleo Diet is CRAP.

Will fully boiled pounded leaves of Kamote Tops leaves be as effective as RAW kamote tops leaves? 
-- of course not.

Will fully boiled durian be as effective as RAW Durian?
-- of course not.

Will turbo broiled fully cooked LIVER be as effective as RAW LIVER?
-- of course not.

Will fully cooked Extra Virgin OLIVE oil be as effective as RAW Extra Virgin Olive Oil?
-- of course not.

These pro-cooked paleo diet people are being SILLY! SILLY! SILLY!

To what degree of cooked-ness are you talking about?

100% cooked paleo diet of:
- cooked fruits (well done to be considered 100% cooked paleo diet)
- cooked veggies (well done to be considered 100% cooked paleo diet)
- cooked meats (well done to be considered 100% cooked paleo diet)

Come on!

So the man I helped heal his eyes when he was supposed to go blind... he did raw paleo diet... then proceeded to merely sear the outsides of meats as maintenance... do you count him as a COOKED paleo dieter or a Raw Paleo Dieter?

It is the rawness that is left in the cooked paleo dieters that works.

There is LESS GUESSING with RAW Paleo Diet than with cooked!  Because RAW is uniformly RAW.

While COOKED is an iffy, iffy, art experimentation and praying you get the "right" cookness, the right condiments, the right... "mix" of stuff...

Sure there are cooked tools out there for healing, but they are mere tools... not the mainstay diet.

If your closest loved one is dying of terminal cancer and you were the healer and you can do both cooked paleo diet and raw paleo diet, which diet would you bet his / her life on?

Linux Geek, Web Developer, Email Provider, Businessman, Engineer, REAL Free Healer, Pro-Life, Pro-Family, Truther, Ripple-XRP Fan

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
« Reply #36 on: March 28, 2012, 05:24:29 pm »
As for mass acceptability from the SAD paradigm...

COOKED paleo diets will have legions of adherents because it is still cooked.
So cooked paleo diets have the massive numbers of people trying it.

How many DARE to try RAW Paleo Diets?  The selected few.
Only when cooked paleo diets fail.  And only if they are "adventurous enough".

Most people will drown in CHEMOTHERAPY DRUGS and butcher themselves with SURGERY before they even try eating raw bloody meat and raw animal fat!  (It's what my uncle did... RIP.)

My own children will only do cooked meat paleo diet as mainstay.

But when they see the writing on the wall and their current health problem CANNOT be beat by cooked paleo diet... they call on me to give them RAW paleo diet... which as EXPECTED finishes the job.  (And then they go back to their cooked paleo diet ways.)

What conditions have my kids gone through that cooked paleo diet cannot do?

- really bad colds and coughs (3 days)
- eczema eating a hand (7 days)
- lots of itches around legs and arms (7 days)
- blood splotches under soles of feet (2 weeks)
- diverticulitis, leaky gut, with externally massive eczema (months... still on going)
- tooth decay pain (3 days)
- tuberculosis / primary complex ( 2 months )

« Last Edit: March 28, 2012, 05:31:36 pm by goodsamaritan »

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #37 on: March 28, 2012, 05:54:53 pm »
I am NOT denying that the cooked,palaeolithic diet can help people improve in small ways. It's just that it is extraordinarily ineffective at dealing with very serious health-problems. In the case of fertility being regained, I was referring to people who were basically completely infertile(virtually no sperm-count etc.) for long periods but who quickly became fertile after consuming raw animal foods. Granted, fertility is not usually reduced to zero on any diet, so someone on a crappy cooked diet could finally become pregnant after many years of trying(incidentally, miscarriages are much more common than thought since embryos often terminate within just a few days of the egg being fertilised, it's just that they don't get noticed) .
It is interesting to see that pregnancy/fertility is hindered by advanced glycation end products, a type of heat-created toxin:-

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/21233108

http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0168822710004936

As for the mention of asthma, that is one of the conditions that cooked-palaeodieters often report is improved on such a diet. But asthma is a minor condition. If cooked-palaeodiets could cure genetic diseases like rawpalaeodiets can, in some cases, I would be more impressed, but no such evidence exists.

As for wildcaught fish, I have already previously debunked the mercury-in-fish claims(see fishscam.com), so I sriously doubt there is any danger from wildcaught fish in any other aspects.

" Ron Paul.

Offline whatever

• Egg Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: March 28, 2012, 07:27:51 pm »

- Terminal Cancer?
- Pneumonia?
- TB?

Cooked paleo diet / rare meat paleo diet can cure EASY CASES... but when the going gets TOUGH, you bet your BALLS on Raw Paleo Diet.

Next week my dad has the results of a biopsie I think it's cancer. I got my parents converted to cooked paleo with a mix of raw-vegan and weston price last week. I hope it's enough to reduce the cancer. Raw-paleo is not-yet an option. Offcourse they also follow the doctors with there poison/butchering. Don't know if one or both methods will kill off the cancer it's alright with me what ever cures it :-). At least they are eating real food now which is much better than the low-fat healthy crap they ate normally.

Offline Inger

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: March 28, 2012, 11:49:10 pm »
In MDA-forum there was members that got cured from bad psoriasis with primal food. I could look it up for you but that would take so much time for me to find again I guess..
I have two close cases I know of curing cancer from my relatives. The sister and father of my SIL.
Her father had prostate cancer, and sister ovarian cancer, quite bad. They both fasted, long. About one month. Drinking herbal teas (cooked) and vegetable juices (pasteurized=cooked). They both got healthy, and still are. They had no money for doctors. That is why they tried the natural way. But no rawfood-diet.
There are people cured from cancer out there. I believe in raw, do not misunderstand me! But there are many tools as you say. That is good for us to know as many tools as possible if some are not open for 100% raw, there might be other tools. I like to think that way.

I am NOT trying to say, raw is not the optimal way to enjoy food, and and very good healing tool, as do I think it is!  :)

Inger

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #40 on: March 29, 2012, 01:43:55 am »
Cooked animal foods are the most cancer-causing, so I'm not surprised at how pasteurised vegetable juices might be "less worse". As regards cancer, wild animals get cancer even on natural raw diets, and people go into remission from cancer all the time for unknown reasons, so recovery from cancer is not  an important aspect of testimonials. Recovery from genetic diseases, recovery all the way from a hospital bed etc. are way more of an indication that rawpalaeo diets are better.
" Ron Paul.

Offline technosmith

• Bear Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: March 29, 2012, 07:09:39 am »

- Terminal Cancer?
- Pneumonia?
- TB?

The poor people who fail at using raw paleo diet to heal their diseases DO NOT have a HEALER with them teaching them hands on HOW to use raw paleo diet with their case.

The reason I succeed at healing people with RAW Paleo Diet is because I use tried and tested food sources and recipes and I have a kitchen of maids who are used to preparing raw paleo diet foods.

I am quite SURE of the effectiveness of the food stuffs I am giving the sick and I can adjust the diet on the spot.  I'm hands on.  I'm not guessing. 

Besides, I don't use just diet alone, I use everything else available.

100% COOKED Paleo Diet is CRAP.

Will fully boiled pounded leaves of Kamote Tops leaves be as effective as RAW kamote tops leaves? 
-- of course not.

Will fully boiled durian be as effective as RAW Durian?
-- of course not.

Will turbo broiled fully cooked LIVER be as effective as RAW LIVER?
-- of course not.

Will fully cooked Extra Virgin OLIVE oil be as effective as RAW Extra Virgin Olive Oil?
-- of course not.

These pro-cooked paleo diet people are being SILLY! SILLY! SILLY!

To what degree of cooked-ness are you talking about?

100% cooked paleo diet of:
- cooked fruits (well done to be considered 100% cooked paleo diet)
- cooked veggies (well done to be considered 100% cooked paleo diet)
- cooked meats (well done to be considered 100% cooked paleo diet)

Come on!

So the man I helped heal his eyes when he was supposed to go blind... he did raw paleo diet... then proceeded to merely sear the outsides of meats as maintenance... do you count him as a COOKED paleo dieter or a Raw Paleo Dieter?

It is the rawness that is left in the cooked paleo dieters that works.

There is LESS GUESSING with RAW Paleo Diet than with cooked!  Because RAW is uniformly RAW.

While COOKED is an iffy, iffy, art experimentation and praying you get the "right" cookness, the right condiments, the right... "mix" of stuff...

Sure there are cooked tools out there for healing, but they are mere tools... not the mainstay diet.

If your closest loved one is dying of terminal cancer and you were the healer and you can do both cooked paleo diet and raw paleo diet, which diet would you bet his / her life on?

Is it this straight-forward though?

GS have any of the individuals you have treated with raw paleo diet noted to you that they don't get the same 'energetic lift' or 'boost' from raw meat as they do from cooked.
Would be interesting to hear if any have, but on persistence with the diet have found success.

For example, initially on eating raw liver I felt an obvious lift as some nutrient deficiency was amended. However, this lift diminishes on regular eating of raw liver, I assume because the nutrient deficiency is mostly corrected.

When comparing frequent eating of raw liver to cooked liver, the cooked liver seems to provide more of a lift. This could be a short-term VS long-term argument here though.

I just wondered if any of the individuals you have healed have mentioned this to you.
It is clearly what the Chinese describe as Yin and Yang, and really confuses an issue that would seem at first glance quite straight-forward as you describe.     

Has anyone else on the forum, who still occasionally eats cooked meat, noticed what I describe? Or does anyone who eats raw meat with cooked vegetables notice a difference when eating the cooked VS raw in terms of an energetic boost?

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #42 on: March 29, 2012, 07:20:32 am »
No, virtually all of us report detox-like symptoms after eating any cooked foods. I, for example, feel a type of hangover-like effect afterwards, a definite downer, whereas after eating raw foods I feel great.
" Ron Paul.

Offline sabertooth

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: March 29, 2012, 07:40:59 am »
I cant get past the awful taste of cooked meat to even try and go back to cooked paleo foods.

« Last Edit: March 29, 2012, 09:37:18 am by sabertooth »
A man who makes a beast of himself, forgets the pain of being a man.

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
« Reply #44 on: March 29, 2012, 08:10:12 am »
Is it this straight-forward though?

GS have any of the individuals you have treated with raw paleo diet noted to you that they don't get the same 'energetic lift' or 'boost' from raw meat as they do from cooked.
Would be interesting to hear if any have, but on persistence with the diet have found success.

For example, initially on eating raw liver I felt an obvious lift as some nutrient deficiency was amended. However, this lift diminishes on regular eating of raw liver, I assume because the nutrient deficiency is mostly corrected.

When comparing frequent eating of raw liver to cooked liver, the cooked liver seems to provide more of a lift. This could be a short-term VS long-term argument here though.

I just wondered if any of the individuals you have healed have mentioned this to you.
It is clearly what the Chinese describe as Yin and Yang, and really confuses an issue that would seem at first glance quite straight-forward as you describe.     

Has anyone else on the forum, who still occasionally eats cooked meat, noticed what I describe? Or does anyone who eats raw meat with cooked vegetables notice a difference when eating the cooked VS raw in terms of an energetic boost?

Energy boost. People get used to the "level up" they feel.  Like when I had my 3rd liver flush in the old days, even without raw paleo diet, the liver flush I used was RAW FAT extra virgin olive oil.

Your example of continuously eating raw liver and expecting more energy boosts is illogical.  How much boosting can one experience really?  When does the body top up?

Cooked liver gives a lift?  How cooked was it?  There lies so many many possible permutations of what COOKED is.  Your definition of cooked may be different from your neighbor's definition of COOKED LIVER.  Pan seared, Grill seared, Boiled in soup, Stir Fried, Microwaved, Oven Baked... etc. etc... and with What Condiments?  People cannot agree on what exactly "cooked" is.  Or how much cooked things should be: seared, rare, medium rare, medium, medium well, well done?

My now dead uncle couldn't stand raw liver.  So he cooked the liver.  He turbo broiled the liver I brought to a burnt crisp.  Would you have had your energy boost with that kind of cooked liver?

I don't get an energy boost with cooked meat.  It's nowadays just a social thing.  The only cooked meats I noticed that are not as toxic to me are some fatty roast pig (lechon), but it will depend on how much better roasted or the quality of the pig or cooking method... hit and miss.

Cooked vegetables... the only one I could remember lately is steamed broccoli. I don't remember being thrilled with it.  It was a social thing too.

Offline technosmith

• Bear Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: March 30, 2012, 06:52:35 am »
Energy boost. People get used to the "level up" they feel.  Like when I had my 3rd liver flush in the old days, even without raw paleo diet, the liver flush I used was RAW FAT extra virgin olive oil.

Your example of continuously eating raw liver and expecting more energy boosts is illogical.  How much boosting can one experience really?  When does the body top up?

Cooked liver gives a lift?  How cooked was it?  There lies so many many possible permutations of what COOKED is.  Your definition of cooked may be different from your neighbor's definition of COOKED LIVER.  Pan seared, Grill seared, Boiled in soup, Stir Fried, Microwaved, Oven Baked... etc. etc... and with What Condiments?  People cannot agree on what exactly "cooked" is.  Or how much cooked things should be: seared, rare, medium rare, medium, medium well, well done?

My now dead uncle couldn't stand raw liver.  So he cooked the liver.  He turbo broiled the liver I brought to a burnt crisp.  Would you have had your energy boost with that kind of cooked liver?

I don't get an energy boost with cooked meat.  It's nowadays just a social thing.  The only cooked meats I noticed that are not as toxic to me are some fatty roast pig (lechon), but it will depend on how much better roasted or the quality of the pig or cooking method... hit and miss.

Cooked vegetables... the only one I could remember lately is steamed broccoli. I don't remember being thrilled with it.  It was a social thing too.

Having tasted raw liver, cooked liver is just not as good by a long distance. It kind of tastes wrong.

Heavily cooked liver is a definite no-go. But I have found that lightly cooking the liver, maybe 50% cooked to 50% raw provides a boost that 100% raw does not give. The more I sway towards the raw side, the less boost I get, and the more I veer towards cooked, the more boost I get.

Admittedly, partially cooked does not taste as good, but it feels as though I benefit more from the 'cookedness', which does not make any logical sense!

Tyler mentioned a 'fake feel-good' factor from cooked food. Perhaps this is what I notice. Or maybe it is the Yin-Yang thing?

I just was interested if any of the individuals who you have healed have ever mentioned anything like this to you and had to work through this, or if anyone else on the forum has any experiences similar to this?

Offline cherimoya_kid

• One who bans trolls
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: March 30, 2012, 09:37:31 am »
I often don't feel bad after eating cooked food, as long as I don't eat too much.  That's about all I can say for sure.

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
« Reply #47 on: March 30, 2012, 09:56:39 am »
Having tasted raw liver, cooked liver is just not as good by a long distance. It kind of tastes wrong.

Heavily cooked liver is a definite no-go. But I have found that lightly cooking the liver, maybe 50% cooked to 50% raw provides a boost that 100% raw does not give. The more I sway towards the raw side, the less boost I get, and the more I veer towards cooked, the more boost I get.

Admittedly, partially cooked does not taste as good, but it feels as though I benefit more from the 'cookedness', which does not make any logical sense!

Tyler mentioned a 'fake feel-good' factor from cooked food. Perhaps this is what I notice. Or maybe it is the Yin-Yang thing?

I just was interested if any of the individuals who you have healed have ever mentioned anything like this to you and had to work through this, or if anyone else on the forum has any experiences similar to this?

I noticed this kind of thing during adjustment phase from cooked to raw.

Something that gets the digestive juices going.  The psychological angle maybe.  Or physiological adjustment.

But I think after 2 or 3 years this kind of cooked stimulation has disappeared from me.

The trick to healing sick patients with raw paleo is to make recipes and arrangements that will trick their senses into seeing the raw paleo dish as appetizing.  Something like how the Japanese chefs do their thing.

I've got a few tricks up my sleeve like raw beef barbecue, high fat fish ceviche, and sushi rolls, smell of soup, smell of grilled, alternate cooked and raw bites, and maybe a few dips here and there.... add that to Inger's beautiful presentations and ta daahh... the sick SAD people can eat raw happily.

And yes, the sick need company and socialization, eating raw paleo with nice presentation with the healer and other people eating raw and loving it.  Mimic.
« Last Edit: March 30, 2012, 10:07:29 am by goodsamaritan »

Offline Lynnzard

• Boar Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: March 31, 2012, 01:41:04 pm »
I've got a few tricks up my sleeve like raw beef barbecue, high fat fish ceviche, and sushi rolls, smell of soup, smell of grilled, alternate cooked and raw bites, and maybe a few dips here and there.... add that to Inger's beautiful presentations and ta daahh... the sick SAD people can eat raw happily.

And yes, the sick need company and socialization, eating raw paleo with nice presentation with the healer and other people eating raw and loving it.  Mimic.

I loved this. I've noticed that, yes, I can just rip into a steak or chew on some suet, and it satisfies my hunger, or I can chop up some liver, toss it in a bowl, and eat it with my fingers. There's nothing inherently wrong with this.

But when I take my pretty ceramic knife and pay attention to the cuts, arrange them attractively, complement them with something simple like thinly sliced red onions for my liver, etc. eat with my husband or friends (even if they're not remotely sold on eating raw meat), and focus on the whole experience of it, I feel even better. More nourished. More at peace. Slicing the meat ahead of the meal has become one of my favorite parts of it, thinking about what I'm about to eat, how good I feel afterward. It's like a mini-meditation.

Along with the physical healing comes mental healing, too, healing of attitudes towards food and the body. I just loved the mental picture you painted about how you work with those who come to you and help to encourage them to eat the food. I wish I could accomplish this with my parents, but they are so thoroughly entrenched in fear that they'll get sick from it that they won't hear it at all, even though both of them suffer from a wide variety of ailments.
Time flies like the wind. Fruit flies like bananas.

Offline PaleoPhil

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Mad scientist (not into blind Paleo re-enactment)
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: April 01, 2012, 12:13:01 am »
I enjoyed reading your informative exchanges of views and banter. The issue is becoming clearer to me.
It's good that someone is deriving benefit from it. If nothing else it produced one of the most hilariously ironical quotes in the history of this forum ("I had a dinner with a cousin of mine a while back in which she enthused about the wonders of Breatharianism...." ;D ).

She was seriously considering it, not doing it right then. I'm afraid your b*ll is so much hot air.
I cringe at the thought of what twisted logic you might try to use to explain how someone who was considering possibly trying breatharianism refutes my estimate of its miniscule following.

I am NOT trying to say, raw is not the optimal way to enjoy food, and and very good healing tool, as do I think it is!  :)
Yes, same for me and I understood that, Inger, and I hope others will give you the benefit of the doubt on this, as you have fabulously established your raw bonafides. I greatly value the honest sharing of unpopular yet interesting and often educational information that folks like you and Joy have provided and the grasp of subtlety and complexity you have displayed, and I appreciate your willingness to risk the backlash that often follows such honesty.

Luckily for me, I don't normally seem to get the bad symptoms that Tyler reports from eating any cooked foods (detox-like symptoms, hangover-like effects, reports of vomiting, etc.) that are edible raw, nor very much symptoms from certain cooked foods that are not edible raw (as long as I don't eat too much), and I hope that won't eventually happen to me the longer I eat high raw, as it would make life more difficult socially, convenience-wise and so forth. I do find that rawness further optimizes my health, and is cheaper, faster, better for the environment, etc.

It looks like Justin has had some amazing success while including cooked potatoes in his diet (see http://www.rawpaleodietforum.com/before-and-after-photos/2-year-weight-gain-on-being-on-raw-paleo-(90-95)/msg88306/#msg88306). Congrats to Justin. Yet another example confirming Joy's initial post in this thread. The last I tried eating cooked tubers regularly I didn't fare well, but they are currently all the rage in cooked Paleo circles where they call cooked tubers and white rice "safe starches." Such foods apparently currently aren't "safe" for me and some other folks, but I've noticed there is a wide variation in how individuals respond to various foods and my philosophy is to each their own, rather than to criticize anyone who eats any cooked food regularly. I'm not big on dogmatism.

Recovery from genetic diseases, recovery all the way from a hospital bed etc. are way more of an indication that rawpalaeo diets are better.
Do we have a sticky for dramatic raw Paleo success stories like that? Seems like it would be useful and convenient to point people to for evidence and motivation, especially newbies and undecided folks, and so it would make sense to put it in a public section.

I've read the mark wolff testimonials page, and it was exactly as I had stated, all about reducing symptoms of auto-immune diseases, ulcerative colitis(caused by grains, I believe) and the like, not too effective. By contrast, reports from the RVAF diet world are far more impressive, such as a couple being able to have children due to raw-dairy-consumption after many years of infertility, and  others even recovering from a genetic condition(eg:- Grave's disease)....
There are cooked Paleo testimonials and reports re: Grave's disease that you obviously didn't try very hard to find, including at Robb Wolf's site. If I provide them, I suspect you'll find some excuse to dismiss them like it seems you've done with nearly anything else that doesn't fit your cherished beliefs. Inger and Joy seem more open to whatever the evidence reveals, so if they're interested, I'll share them.
« Last Edit: April 01, 2012, 12:36:23 am by PaleoPhil »
>"When some one eats an Epi paleo Rx template and follows the rules of circadian biology they get plenty of starches when they are available three out of the four seasons." -Jack Kruse, MD
>"I recommend 20 percent of calories from carbs, depending on the size of the person" -Ron Rosedale, MD (in other words, NOT zero carbs) http://preview.tinyurl.com/6ogtan
>Finding a diet you can tolerate is not the same as fixing what's wrong. -Tim Steele
Beware of problems from chronic Very Low Carb

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk