Author Topic: Kangaroo Meat: How does it taste?  (Read 3897 times)

Offline zaidi

• Buffalo Hunter
    • View Profile
Kangaroo Meat: How does it taste?
« on: April 03, 2012, 01:49:17 am »
Today I saw the "Australia's Wild Kangaroo Leg Piece" (boneless) in the market. It  was frozen.

But what  surprised me was this that it costed only 4.50 Euro per kg.

Earlier, I bought "Newzealand's Lamb Meat" from the market (frozen), but it turned out to be worst kind of meat. It was from the firm "Ashley". It had almost no fat, but a thin layer of fat which consisted of only bubbles. It smelled awful too after it thawed.

This was my first experience with the Newzealand's meat.

I also saw the whole lamb from Chilly too.

I asked the people from that market if that Newzealand's meat and Chilly meat was 100% pastured one, but they were unable to confirm it to me.

Does any one having experience here with meat from Chilly and Newzealand?

Offline Iguana

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Eating tuna fish
    • View Profile
Re: Kangaroo Meat: How does it taste?
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2012, 04:56:42 am »
Kangaroo is the best meat I ever ate (not frozen, of course)!

I often eat new Zealand lamb, but also unfrozen. Its very good when aged in the fridge for some weeks. I just had some tonight but as it was fresh I didn't like the muscle, so I ate the fat and marrow. 
Cause and effect are distant in time and space in complex systems, while at the same time there’s a tendency to look for causes near the events sought to be explained. Time delays in feedback in systems result in the condition where the long-run response of a system to an action is often different from its short-run response. — Ronald J. Ziegler

Offline zaidi

• Buffalo Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2012, 04:11:24 pm »
Kangaroo is the best meat I ever ate (not frozen, of course)!

I often eat new Zealand lamb, but also unfrozen. Its very good when aged in the fridge for some weeks. I just had some tonight but as it was fresh I didn't like the muscle, so I ate the fat and marrow. 

Thanks a lot about Kangaroo Meat. It was encouraging to read it.
I will try the Newzealand's meat once again. Unfortunately, I don't have the opportunity to get the fresh one.

I also have the problems with animal fat. My digestive system is in very bad position. Although paleo is helping me a lot, but still my breath becomes very unpleasant whenever I eat the animal fat.

Coconut fat or olive oil are not satisfying  me. Animal fat was really satisfying, but I have to abandon it due to the breath problem.  Since it is the beginning of my paleo journey, therefore it is a big shock for me.

Offline Wattlebird

• Bear Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2012, 04:20:51 pm »
Thanks a lot about Kangaroo Meat. It was encouraging to read it.
I will try the Newzealand's meat once again. Unfortunately, I don't have the opportunity to get the fresh one.

I also have the problems with animal fat. My digestive system is in very bad position. Although paleo is helping me a lot, but still my breath becomes very unpleasant whenever I eat the animal fat.

Coconut fat or olive oil are not satisfying  me. Animal fat was really satisfying, but I have to abandon it due to the breath problem.  Since it is the beginning of my paleo journey, therefore it is a big shock for me.

Hi,
if its lean meat you're after kangaroo is what you may be looking for if you can find it: incredibly lean, thats why traditionally the tail is so desired by bush living Australian Aborigines, because it is one of the fattiest cuts of roo, and even this is not fatty by usual beef or lamb standards.
Kangaroo is also a much gamier taste than beef or lamb and so eaten raw you should find a definite stop when you have consumed enough.
Kind wishes, J

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk