Author Topic: Blenders?  (Read 5948 times)

Offline joej627

• Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Optimized Individuals
Blenders?
« on: April 08, 2012, 12:41:50 am »
Hey guys,

Still trying to heal up the stomach and cannot break down the cellulose in raw vegetables.  I have a juicer and drink plenty of juice but Im curious on anybody who uses a blender to eat raw salads/soups?  I don't want to spend a boatload of money on something, but i want to know whether or not these mixers out there can actually break down things like carrots and other roughage vegetables like that without damaging the blenders.

-Joe 

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
  • Geek Healer Truth Seeker Pro-Natal Pro-Life
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
Re: Blenders?
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2012, 12:53:08 am »
I blender a refreshing drink of cucumbers, celery and a little parsley, maybe once every 2 months.
Linux Geek, Web Developer, Email Provider, Businessman, Engineer, REAL Free Healer, Pro-Life, Pro-Family, Truther, Ripple-XRP Fan

I'm the network administrator.
My business: Website Dev & Hosting and Email Server Provider,
My blogs: Cure Manual, My Health Blog, Eczema Cure & Psoriasis Cure

Offline aLptHW4k4y

• Shaman
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2012, 03:14:17 am »
Still trying to heal up the stomach and cannot break down the cellulose in raw vegetables.
It's not only you, no one can break down cellulose...

Offline joej627

• Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Optimized Individuals
« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2012, 05:22:02 am »
Ok, Maybe i wasn't very good at communication here lol.  I am wondering for those who eat raw vegetables does anybody use a blender that is good at breaking down carrots, tough veggies, etc?  I'm just a little stuck with what to eat.  My liver/GB is stuck for a few months until i flush it out so i have trouble digesting even GOOD fats.  It is also turning into spring/summer where i live and i am needing less protein/fat and more fruits/veggies.  Just not sure how to go about upping the carbs without putting a strain on digestion?

-Joe

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2012, 06:45:50 am »
GS, I tried to reach you via e-mail., but it didn't work. What is your actual current e-mail? I need it to send you the paleodiet e-book I referred to, some time back.
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline eveheart

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2012, 12:50:26 pm »
Ok, Maybe i wasn't very good at communication here lol.  I am wondering for those who eat raw vegetables does anybody use a blender that is good at breaking down carrots, tough veggies, etc?  I'm just a little stuck with what to eat.  My liver/GB is stuck for a few months until i flush it out so i have trouble digesting even GOOD fats.  It is also turning into spring/summer where i live and i am needing less protein/fat and more fruits/veggies.  Just not sure how to go about upping the carbs without putting a strain on digestion?

-Joe

To answer your question directly, I own a VitaMix. This machine is not cheap, but its blades spin a bazillion times faster than a simple blender. I don't use it for paleo food, though. I have it around to make good treats for my grandchildren.

My indirect answer would be, "Chew!" There's a school of thought that says that gulping down juiced veggies defeats the purpose of mastication, which is a significant stage of the digestive process. You can also up the carbs by eating fruit. There are different schools of thought on cleansing, but I believe that the liver and gall bladder will cleanse at a moderate pace with a raw paleo diet, so if you can't take the time for a dedicated cleanse, nothing is lost.
"I intend to live forever; so far, so good." -Steven Wright, comedian

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
  • Geek Healer Truth Seeker Pro-Natal Pro-Life
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
« Reply #6 on: April 08, 2012, 05:57:17 pm »
Try Dr. Henry Bieler's Soup.
It's cooked, but he swears it can restore liver health.
Dr. Bieler also says raw red meat restores liver health.
You should be eating raw red meat by now.

Do a couple of egg yolk liver flushes every now and then.

Eat some organic apples to get the liver moving and cleansing.
Linux Geek, Web Developer, Email Provider, Businessman, Engineer, REAL Free Healer, Pro-Life, Pro-Family, Truther, Ripple-XRP Fan

I'm the network administrator.
My business: Website Dev & Hosting and Email Server Provider,
My blogs: Cure Manual, My Health Blog, Eczema Cure & Psoriasis Cure

Offline Projectile Vomit

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 08, 2012, 08:59:44 pm »
If you really want a blender, I'll second the Vitamix. It the best made, and the only one I'd be willing to invest in.

Offline cherimoya_kid

• One who bans trolls
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 08, 2012, 10:26:21 pm »
The Vitamix is a beast, but it's very expensive. If you can't digest veggies, then you can't digest them.  You can try fermenting them, but I really don't eat veggies, except for some greens, occasionally. Non-sweet fruits like cucumber, bell peppers, etc. are not as hard to digest.

Offline brodude

• Forager
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 14, 2014, 08:14:00 pm »
I will take a Blendtec over a Vitamix any day. Blendtec makes everything perfectly liquid smooth. Vitamix does too but requires a taper which I don't like. You could try a Breville or Ninja Blender if you don't want to spend $400 +

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk