Author Topic: What's next!?  (Read 4935 times)

Offline Charlie4444

• Boar Hunter
    • View Profile
    • http://www.healthylevelup.com
What's next!?
« on: April 11, 2012, 04:32:38 pm »
I think we've covered the same principles over and over again on this forum and people keep suggesting the same things and nothing new is coming up!  Yes there are variations on certain things and opinions and experimentation, but I think there's is a plateau with raw paleo dieting and it needs to be broken.  What is the next thing we can do for vibrant, robust health that gives us that competitive advantage, and power for all the commitment and energy we put into eating this way.  I'm not here to feel happy and settled with people who have common interest, I'm here to constantly keep experimenting and finding that way to vibrant health and find that amazing energetic, clear, likable, excellent looking body, way of life that I know exists.  It's a sure thing that what we eat matters enormously, and most people are convinced it doesn't, it's a sure thing that eating natures life-filled foods is important.  I'm sure there would be excellent results from eating insects and small rodents, because they would be a large food source if we were in theory raw paleo people, which isn't really a theory of good health, it's a sure thing as we know, but you have to really remove yourself from normal people to do this.  Also, why does eating rotten meat have such good health benefits?
If you research raw paleo, you come across bullet points summarizing the main instructions on how it magically heals you.  There has got to be more bullet points, I'm not satisfied, I'm sick of hearing the same shit over and over again and people accepting of it.  I'm sure someone has the answer to this, but it would probably be so good, that they wouldn't have any reason to really share it.  I mean you wouldn't go shouting out to everyone if you found gold would you?     

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
Re: What's next!?
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2012, 04:54:07 pm »
First of all, this is the wrong forum for this sort of topic. I'll move it to the General Discussions forum.

The eating of rotting meat puts a lot of bacteria into the body. This stimulates the immune-system and increases the serotonin levels in the brain, thus boosting one's mood:-

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/1547346/Getting-dirty-could-prevent-depression.html

I provide scientific data from time to time to back up the various bullet-points of rawpalaeo. I will admit, though, that it can get a bit tedious if I have to give multiple refs for every single time I repeat a particular point.  What other claims do you want me to confirm via evidence?
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

CitrusHigh

« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2012, 07:29:08 pm »
Maybe YOU could study and do the research to explain said mechanisms instead of waiting for someone else to lay it out for you. Maybe your post should be directed inward? No one in the raw paleo movement as far as I know is 'trained' in a vetted institution (thank god!), we have just learned that there is a problem with the status quo, and we have realized that we need to think for ourselves and really learn how to think, since that is NOT what we're taught in school. So, you have as much ability as any of us, more or less, to ascertain the answers to your questions. Use all your resources, and you can learn to explain the mechanisms by which this diet functions just like Ty did in the last post.

Offline Charlie4444

• Boar Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2012, 02:43:19 am »
Maybe YOU could study and do the research to explain said mechanisms instead of waiting for someone else to lay it out for you. Maybe your post should be directed inward? No one in the raw paleo movement as far as I know is 'trained' in a vetted institution (thank god!), we have just learned that there is a problem with the status quo, and we have realized that we need to think for ourselves and really learn how to think, since that is NOT what we're taught in school. So, you have as much ability as any of us, more or less, to ascertain the answers to your questions. Use all your resources, and you can learn to explain the mechanisms by which this diet functions just like Ty did in the last post.

^I knew I would get people's opinions and criticism, rather than anything positive or productive.  Ya know, you don't have to say anything!  But, I struggle  daily with fatigue and depression, and usually don't have the energy to really dive in deep to making new discoveries, and I thought, why not just ask the public and see if I get lucky?
« Last Edit: April 12, 2012, 05:39:05 am by TylerDurden »

Offline svrn

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2012, 02:52:47 am »
I guarantee the high meat will help with your depression. I always use kidney and as soon as I swallow it I feel a mood boost (even though I find the meat itself the disgusting and unpleasant to get down. I'm not very prone to placebos and have been known to not feel anything in the past from drugs that have had others going nuts so it is likely that this is a genuine reaction.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2012, 05:39:25 am by TylerDurden »
-----------

Offline aLptHW4k4y

• Shaman
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2012, 03:24:37 am »
Charlie4444 you sound like a spoiled rich kid.
What do you want, the elixir of life? It doesn't exist.

Offline cherimoya_kid

• One who bans trolls
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 12, 2012, 03:50:23 am »
Brix makes a huge difference in my health, I've noticed.  I feel much better if I stick to only high-Brix plant foods. Also, avoiding frozen foods seems to help some, as well.

Offline Neone

• Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 12, 2012, 04:14:32 am »
If you're looking for more in your life, you're not just going to eat paleo and your entire life is magical. Diet is just one part of a healthy life.  A next step could be to start sorting out your mind and using some kind of technique like meditation to contemplate your life and its purpose.  Open up your heart kind of thing.  Maybe read a bunch about yoga practices or something so that you could be working on your mind and body at the same time?

I think i stole this from Stephen Covey, where the four aspects of your life are

Body
Mind
Spirit
Relationships

and all four of these need to be healthy in order for you to be truly healthy.
So for your body, that would be eating well and exercising kind of thing.
Mind would be exercising your brain with intellectual pursuits, like reading thought-provoking books.
Spirit would be ah, spiritual stuff, meditation, getting rid of the shit that happend to you that you carry around in your mind. etc.
and your relationships would be getting the kind of interpersonal skills where you see other people as being actually real people with minds and feelings that you truly care about and you learn to understand others.

So you still have all kinds of things you can do if you're reaching for the top.  They're just not as easy as putting food in your mouth... haha.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2012, 05:39:52 am by TylerDurden »
That's not paleo.

CitrusHigh

« Reply #8 on: April 12, 2012, 04:30:24 am »
^I knew I would get people's opinioins and criticism, rather than anything positive or productive.  Ya know, you don't have to say anything!  But, I struggle  daily with fatigue and depression, and usually don't have the energy to really dive in deep to making new discoveries, and I thought, why not just ask the public and see if I get lucky?

I'm afraid you've read it harsher than I wrote it. I'm literally suggesting that you find the answers yourself.

Also health is a personal thing, especially in regard to diet. We really can't tell you what is going to get you thriving, you actually DO have to find that out for yourself, and it's a journey and all about awareness. Think about keeping a careful diet journal so you can track how you respond to foods. For it to really work you've got to be consistent and diligent.

Offline Charlie4444

• Boar Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 12, 2012, 05:53:10 am »
Charlie4444 you sound like a spoiled rich kid.
What do you want, the elixir of life? It doesn't exist.

^This is productive!

Offline aLptHW4k4y

• Shaman
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 12, 2012, 06:52:07 am »
You want some quick, easy, perfect fix for your "problems", like steroids, magical high meat, etc.
Get real, it doesn't exist.

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #11 on: April 12, 2012, 06:56:40 am »
That's so true.  Most people here find that they have to discover their own local  food-sources. Plus what works for one person won't necessarily work for another individual. Best to just read up on everybody's given info,  experiment with the info, and then work out what is best for you.
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline cherimoya_kid

• One who bans trolls
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 12, 2012, 10:39:02 am »
I have found Esther Gokhale's work in posture/movement to be very useful, particularly if you don't already have pretty good posture.

Her website is egwellness.com.  She has a few videos on youtube, and there's a book and DVD as well. 

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk