Author Topic: What to eat and what to not eat?  (Read 13753 times)

Offline hilton

• Forager
    • View Profile
What to eat and what to not eat?
« on: May 02, 2012, 08:31:19 pm »
How should I spread my meals throughout the day (when to take a shake, when to eat whole foods, when to take more carbs)?

Offline sabertooth

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
Re: What to eat and what to not eat?
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2012, 04:25:56 pm »
Vegetarian?

A man who makes a beast of himself, forgets the pain of being a man.

Offline joej627

• Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Optimized Individuals
« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2012, 12:30:03 am »
For building muscle?  I think listen to the body first and foremost.  You will crave certain foods at certain times.  Just stick to really healthy meals.  Personally, i find that doing more strength training will require more protein/fat and meat.  If i'm doing a lot of mental work or cardio exercising or sex i crave more fruit and carbs and water.  I always find that small meals throughout the day works best for me.  I think the best advice i ever heard for building muscle/fitness was.  Always stretch/rest as well.  I take a "paleomeal" protein supplement which seems to work for me.  Lot's of good vitamins, etc.

It requires:
-nutrition
-sleep
-training

Just listen to the body, find your own rhythms, eat easily digestible foods, stretch, and sleep a lot =)

Offline LePatron7

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2012, 12:47:41 am »
I actually just started a workout routine.

I weight train 4x a week, and play basketball almost daily.

I eat small meals through out the day. I always buy the fattiest cut of beef I can get (chuck roast).

Each meal consists of a fruit, 2 oz of beef, half a small avacado, apricot seeds, and raw honey on the avacados.

I'll typically eat 5 of those small meals a day. With one cooked meat meal as I taper off cooked food.

I also sleep at sun down, and wake up at sun up.

I drink a lot of water too.

I also take Kre-Alkalyn, a creatine supplement which really helps.

Some suggestions are -
1) fattiest cuts of meat possible, it prevents inflamation because of the omega 3's
2) Lot's of water (keep hydrated)
3) Lot's of raw fats, avacados, olives, etc.
4) Don't be afraid to eat those carbs
5) Consider eating slightly more meat than me, maybe a pound a day

If you're eating a good balance of carbs, fats, and protein you shouldn't need to eat massive amounts of beef per day. I get soar but after 3 days it goes away, and I just started.

Consider kre-alkalyn. Don't take my word for it, check out their websites - www.kre-alkalyn.net

As far as training don't go to hard when you start, make sure you increase the intensity of the workouts as you go.
Disclaimer: I was told I was misdiagnosed over 10 years ago, and I haven't taken any medication in over a decade.

Offline SaintAndScholar

• Deer Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2012, 02:20:45 am »
You eat 2 oz of meat five times a day and yet you take creatine supplements ?......insane
« Last Edit: May 15, 2012, 02:56:17 am by TylerDurden »

Offline LePatron7

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2012, 01:09:07 am »
You eat 2 oz of meat five times a day and yet you take creatine supplements ?......insane

lol what's crazy about that? it's actually usually 2-3 oz. but nonetheless whats crazy about that lol
Disclaimer: I was told I was misdiagnosed over 10 years ago, and I haven't taken any medication in over a decade.

Offline Chris

• Warrior
  • Each journey starts with a step
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 22, 2012, 03:02:50 pm »
I actually just started a workout routine.

I weight train 4x a week, and play basketball almost daily.

I eat small meals through out the day. I always buy the fattiest cut of beef I can get (chuck roast).

Each meal consists of a fruit, 2 oz of beef, half a small avacado, apricot seeds, and raw honey on the avacados.

I'll typically eat 5 of those small meals a day. With one cooked meat meal as I taper off cooked food.

I also sleep at sun down, and wake up at sun up.

I drink a lot of water too.

I also take Kre-Alkalyn, a creatine supplement which really helps.

Some suggestions are -
1) fattiest cuts of meat possible, it prevents inflamation because of the omega 3's
2) Lot's of water (keep hydrated)
3) Lot's of raw fats, avacados, olives, etc.
4) Don't be afraid to eat those carbs
5) Consider eating slightly more meat than me, maybe a pound a day

If you're eating a good balance of carbs, fats, and protein you shouldn't need to eat massive amounts of beef per day. I get soar but after 3 days it goes away, and I just started.

Consider kre-alkalyn. Don't take my word for it, check out their websites - www.kre-alkalyn.net

As far as training don't go to hard when you start, make sure you increase the intensity of the workouts as you go.

That would give me indigestion! Your diet has some interesting food combinations. But, hey if it works for you, more power to you! You don't need supplements on the RPD! Eat quality protein and fat's (grass fed). My philosophy, KIS (keep it simple).

Offline l0rdcha0s

• Trapper
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 28, 2013, 12:15:37 am »
lol what's crazy about that? it's actually usually 2-3 oz. but nonetheless whats crazy about that lol
I believe he was calling it crazy because meat (particularly red meat) is high in creatine by itself and would do the same thing as the supplement you're taking if eaten before a workout. I used to take a bunch of supplements (bought into the whole bodybuilding needs). Preworkouts, intraworkouts, post-workouts, you name it. Eventually they started to dwindle down to a few things. Than some natural BCAA's and biochemistry precursors. The supplements felt great but I realized they might also inflate my strength on the exercises and I'd rather know what I can actually lift compared to the boost that some of them give.

Offline svrn

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 05, 2013, 05:44:53 am »
10 oz of meat per day is nothing.

wouldnt reccomend the creatine either way though.
-----------

Offline LePatron7

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 05, 2013, 05:50:57 am »
I've since readjusted my sorry excuse of a paleo diet. 1.5 lbs meat plus 4.5 oz beef fat per day plus fruits, veggies and nuts.

Offline svrn

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 05, 2013, 05:57:01 am »
good for you
-----------

Offline svrn

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 04, 2013, 03:23:13 am »
why is a differnt user repeating the same exact message?
-----------

Offline Dr. D

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 04, 2013, 08:24:40 am »
Possible spammer or troll or something. Already reported.
-Dustin

Trying to heal ADHD. Common symptoms: fatigue, impulsiveness, poor attention, no motivation.
Other side issues I'd like to get over: Acne, dandruff, tooth health (yellow, poor gums, gingivitis)

If ya ain't hungry enough to eat raw liver, ya ain't hungry enough.

We are all just doing the best we can, with what we know, at any given time.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk