Author Topic: Ambition and Success  (Read 5301 times)

Offline Charlie4444

• Boar Hunter
    • View Profile
    • http://www.healthylevelup.com
Ambition and Success
« on: May 04, 2012, 02:26:41 am »
I think many of us want success, achievements, jobs, social status, want to go to parties, and celebrate.  I personally only am doing raw paleo to try and recover my skill and ability at these things.  I'm here purely because of mental illness, and nothing really physical.  On rpd, I am "gel'ed", relaxed, calm, and take care of myself, but I don't have much ambition, and certainly am not competing with anyone.  Is there anyone out there who is strict raw paleo and is just as ambitious, active, goal orientated, seeking life with enthusiasm in normal society? 

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
Re: Ambition and Success
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2012, 06:13:31 am »
I hope you are eating "high-meat". It's the one key nutrient for mental illness.
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline cherimoya_kid

• One who bans trolls
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2012, 07:17:31 am »
I don't think many 100% super-strict raw paleos are ambitious up-and-comers in the corporate world, if that's what you mean. 

I don't think it really hurts your ambition, exactly, but...there are more important things in life than money, and most serious raw paleo eaters, even if they are not 100%, know that.

Offline jessica

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2012, 10:07:57 am »
i think its a whole life readjustment and that perhaps you are just at a point where you should be giving the most attention to taking care of yourself and exploring healthy things in life without the pressure of being "successful" , at least in the way our society views success.  you may stumble upon something you really appreciate and enjoy that you would like to pursue if you go out an experiment doing things you havent before

Offline Dorothy

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2012, 10:09:02 am »
ambitious, active, goal orientated, seeking life with enthusiasm in normal society

I think that might describe me except the "normal society" thing and I don't compete with anyone but myself. But I am quite goal-oriented, active and ambitious in my own way and "seeking life with enthusiasm" I would say a definite yes to.

I have definite goals and make lots of lists and I enjoy making money too. My goals aren't corporate and I don't fit into the standard definition in our society of "goal-oriented" but if your definition is having goals and putting energy and verve into accomplishing them - then I'd say I'm that.

Raw foods gives me more energy and balance to get more that I want to do done. The better I feel - the more I want to do and the more goals I feel like I can handle.

I'm not really a part of average society. I don't go out to work. I'm home most of the time and my goals don't really jive with most people's. To tell you the truth - I think I have more goals and more difficult and elaborate ones than most people do. Most people are JUST trying to stay afloat going to work and getting ahead.

I'd say though that the meeting the goal of basic contentment and happiness within myself is my most valued accomplishment. And I celebrate it in my own little ways. If I wanted to go to lots of parties - I think I would - but that's not really my thing.

It's fine to have goals and being at the point where you feel like you have the stability of mind to be able to celebrate life with others to me is a fine goal.

Offline blackrhino

• Bear Hunter
  • May we all prosper in optimal health!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 18, 2012, 10:20:09 am »
I hope i dont sound dumb,but what is "High Meat"?
YOU NEVER KNOW HOW STRONG YOU ARE UNTIL BEING STRONG IS THE ONLY CHOICE YOU HAVE!!

Offline Charlie4444

• Boar Hunter
    • View Profile
    • http://www.healthylevelup.com
« Reply #6 on: May 18, 2012, 11:54:56 am »
I think the "dumb" and maybe un prideful, blunt, "truthiness", raw questions are the ones that we actually get valuable answers from instead of the casual, pleasant, easy, polite, asshole ones that are people acting like societal idiots at its best. 

To answer the question though, it's rotten, weeks, months, even year old meat that you eat.  It's a stupid name, sounds like one is supposed to eat lots of meat, but actually, it's moldy meat.

Offline blackrhino

• Bear Hunter
  • May we all prosper in optimal health!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 18, 2012, 08:58:59 pm »
Does it get rotten in the fridge or you let it sit out of the fridge? I would love to see a pic of "High Meat"Can someone do that?
« Last Edit: May 19, 2012, 12:39:02 am by TylerDurden »
YOU NEVER KNOW HOW STRONG YOU ARE UNTIL BEING STRONG IS THE ONLY CHOICE YOU HAVE!!

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #8 on: May 18, 2012, 11:43:52 pm »
does it get rotten in the fridge or you let it sit out of the fridge? I would love to see a pic of "High Meat"Can someone to that?
  Scroll down the page to see a photo of "high-meat":-

http://www.rawpaleodietforum.com/display-your-culinary-creations/high-meat-recipe-preparation-for-more-advanced-rafers/

The 1st post in the thread explains how to make "high-meat".
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk