Author Topic: Obama Support for Gay Marriage, What are they Covering Up with this Diversion?  (Read 7640 times)

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
  • Geek Healer Truth Seeker Pro-Natal Pro-Life
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
Obama Support for Gay Marriage, What are they Covering Up with this Diversion?
Announced today headlines on Yahoo.com
Yawn...

Let's get to the real deal.  What are The Powers That Be trying to hide again?

- Could it be that Ron Paul is winning states and is headed for Tampa? The RNC chair had been asked to step down for supporting Romney when Ron Paul is still a viable competitor?
- Could it be that Iran is selling oil in Non-Dollars?
- Could it be that Putin just took office in Russia?
- Could it be the Fukushima Worst Nuclear Disaster in History Getting even worse?  And the nuclear plant in San Onofre?

Help me out guys.
Linux Geek, Web Developer, Email Provider, Businessman, Engineer, REAL Free Healer, Pro-Life, Pro-Family, Truther, Ripple-XRP Fan

I'm the network administrator.
My business: Website Dev & Hosting and Email Server Provider,
My blogs: Cure Manual, My Health Blog, Eczema Cure & Psoriasis Cure

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
Texas Congressman Ron Paul will once again face off against his central bank nemesis this morning, during a Congressional hearing on monetary policy and the Federal Reserve.

The hyped-up hearing is titled "The Federal Reserve System: Mend It Or End It?," and will be hosted by the House Finance Committee's Domestic Monetary Policy and Technology Subcommittee, which oversees the Federal Reserve and which, incidentally, is chaired by Ron Paul.

The hearing will feature testimony from several economists and lawmakers, all of whom have some problem with the central bank. No one who works for the Fed is scheduled to testify.

Read more: http://articles.businessinsider.com/2012-05-08/politics/31618616_1_employment-and-price-stability-monetary-policy-congressional-hearing#ixzz1uTIm8v1z
Linux Geek, Web Developer, Email Provider, Businessman, Engineer, REAL Free Healer, Pro-Life, Pro-Family, Truther, Ripple-XRP Fan

Offline jessica

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
fukishima is still spewing radiation all over the globe,
the ocean is totally polluted and warming at an alarming rate
its the end of the world as we know it
and i feel fine

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
Spare me the Fukushima nonsense. We had the same media-driven b*ll, ages ago, about  the Czernobyl disaster supposedly wiping out the Earth. It was hilarious at the time:-  scores of unscrupulous Irish farmers demanded (and got!) compensation for any dead sheep on the laughable notion that if a sheep died, it "must" have been because of radioactivity from Czernobyl 1,000s of miles away. I even had one libtard neighbour of mine in Italy inviting a clearly fully healthy "Czernobyl survivor" , aged 9, to be with her on holiday in her holiday home. It must be strange being a village-idiot Liberal(aka "Mrs Jellyby"), with one's mind mostly handicapped by emotional thinking rather than utilising rational thought. Still the Ukrainian boy had a nice holiday - given that the Ukraine is always in an economic mess, I suppose I forgive his parents for their skulduggery.

*Funny, no one anywhere has made a joke yet, afaik,  about the first 4 letters of "Fukushima". Reminds me of the whole past hullabaloo about anti-Islamic people in England deliberately mispronouncing the word "Shi-ite" when talking about Iran or Hizbollah.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2012, 12:01:06 am by TylerDurden »
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline ys

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
Let's get to the real deal.  What are The Powers That Be trying to hide again?

- Could it be that Ron Paul is winning states and is headed for Tampa? The RNC chair had been asked to step down for supporting Romney when Ron Paul is still a viable competitor?
- Could it be that Iran is selling oil in Non-Dollars?
- Could it be that Putin just took office in Russia?
- Could it be the Fukushima Worst Nuclear Disaster in History Getting even worse?  And the nuclear plant in San Onofre?

it has nothing to do with Paul or anything else you mentioned.  He is simply looking for more fundrasing dollars and maybe few more voters.

on the other note, Iran does not like to trade in Non-Dollars but it does not have much choice.  Iran would love to get dollars instead of yuangs and ruppees which it has not much use for.

putin did not just took office, he never left it.

Fukushima is not the worst and it'll be cleaned up way before Chernobyl.  Chernobyl's fallout contaminated area 10+ times more than Fukushima and more than double radiation exposure.  "according to a study conducted by Norwegian Institute for Air Research, the release of Cesium-137 was about 40 percent of the total from Chernobyl."  only very small coastal regions have elevated radiation readings.  ocean can tolerate and absorb radioactive material many times better than oil spills or other chemical contamination.

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
I've always been amused by gay marriage as an issue. Not only are homosexual customs so vastly  different so that " gay marriage" is often viewed by many gays as a lame attempt to irrationally copy heterosexuals' lifestyles, but also, in the Ancient World, gay sex was usually widely tolerated(and sometimes even favoured over heterosexuality), but was always placed below the heterosexual family in terms of importance. In other words, the ancient world widely tolerated homosexuality but had no concept of gay marriage, since marriage was considered solely as between a man and a woman for the purposes of having children. So while a gay man was allowed to have sex with boys etc., he was still expected to raise a family with a woman.
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline ys

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
" gay marriage" is often viewed by many gays as a lame attempt to irrationally copy heterosexuals' lifestyles

it probably is lame.  the whole issue is not about lifestyles.  it is about financial benefits of married couples.  it is all about money and courting selected group of voters.

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
it probably is lame.  the whole issue is not about lifestyles.  it is about financial benefits of married couples.  it is all about money and courting selected group of voters.
The trouble is that the marriages of most gays are decidedly temporary,  far more so than heterosexual couples. Besides, the percentage of gays/bisexuals is so low, that only a retard would cater to them for votes.
" Ron Paul.

Offline ys

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
it is probably true since most do not have attachments such as children, joint bank accounts, or joint property ownership that normal families usually have.

it is not the gay voters they are after but "gay rights" sympathizers.
"The modern Democratic coalition has three principal pillars: young people, college-educated whites (especially women), and minorities. And with those groups, gay marriage is generally a much more popular position."

i would disagree about minorities.  they are usually very conservative when it comes to marriage.  agree about other groups.

full opinion here http://hotair.com/headlines/archives/2012/05/10/what-obamas-gay-marriage-evolution-reveals-about-his-shifting-campaign-strategy/

Offline sabertooth

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
Both establishment parties love bringing up trivialities that have no effect whatsoever on anything, in order to hide the real political agenda. Remember not long age we were in a national debate about federally funded abortions, or all the hubbub about gays in the military, now its back to the Gay marriage merry go round.

Constant distractions, politics as usual.

I liken the trivial nature of our political debates with how the Candidates for high school class president will debate about the design of the school  banners, while the real policy is set by the school board that most students or parents never get to meet.

I think the whole gay marriage thing is about giving the more irate homosexuals some token sense of equality. Gay people are naturally EXTREMELY promiscuous. Even the majority devoted couples on average have sex with multiple other partners. Why would anyone(gay or straight) want to ruin a good relationship with the institution of marriage is beyond me. But If gay people want to get married then I think its their right to do so.

I just think that there are much bigger issues that need to be addressed on the national level.

A man who makes a beast of himself, forgets the pain of being a man.

Offline PaleoPhil

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Mad scientist (not into blind Paleo re-enactment)
    • View Profile
I agree with Tyler re: the doomsaying, such as the hand wringing over Fukushima. The world will end after people stop predicting its demise in their own lifetimes. Doesn't it strike anyone as a bit arrogant to assume that the world will end in our own lifetime--as though the universe revolved around us--instead of some random time after we're long gone? Think about all the thousands of doomsayers who came before us who predicted the end of the human race (or even of the planet) decades, centuries or millennia ago. Why is it that none of the doomsayers ever predict that the world will end after they're gone? I'll be the first--human civilization will come to an end long after I'm gone and by that point no one will even remember who I am, nor care about any predictions I made, even if they were accurate. I am but an infinitesimal speck in the universe and I'm fine with that.

The really sad part of the whole shebang is that the folks who are predicting the end of the world in 2012 because of some misunderstanding of the Mayan calendar will mostly be unfazed by its continuation long after 2012. It will be as though they had never made any prediction and any attempt to point out their stupendous miscalculation will be treated as incivility rather than basic sense. No matter how many thousands of times the doomsayers get it wrong, their pronouncements must be accepted as gospel or you're the asshole. To that and other inanities I raise my middle finger, not because I think I'm better than anyone else; quite the contrary--it's only because I recognize the fact of my ignorance, and that of every other human being, even the "prophets." To the gargantuan universe (or multiverse), we puny mortals are irrelevant (see Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy for confirmation of this).

Sorry, tangential rant over, carry on. No harm done, I hope.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2012, 10:39:53 am by PaleoPhil »
>"When some one eats an Epi paleo Rx template and follows the rules of circadian biology they get plenty of starches when they are available three out of the four seasons." -Jack Kruse, MD
>"I recommend 20 percent of calories from carbs, depending on the size of the person" -Ron Rosedale, MD (in other words, NOT zero carbs) http://preview.tinyurl.com/6ogtan
>Finding a diet you can tolerate is not the same as fixing what's wrong. -Tim Steele
Beware of problems from chronic Very Low Carb

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.

www.pro-polygamy.com needs to press forward.
These people are serious about marriage.
Legalizing polygamy is a very very good thing and will put a more natural order in the lives of humans.

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
No... wait... depopulation globalists hate polygamy because:

- polygamy builds strong families
- they make more babies, more people

Offline gc

• Boar Hunter
    • View Profile

I think the gay marriage proclamation was more something intended to drive a wedge between voters rather than to garner any additional support. I'm thinking it was essentially a ploy to get gay republicans to reconsider their stated voting positions. Splinter the party and you'll make it difficult for the other guy to get enough support to beat you. Romney's gonna need those gay republicans.

I question the timing, though. I would've thought they'd have waited for this until sometime this summer.

Not that it makes a difference.
insert signature here

Offline Dorothy

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
Phil, when someone tells me the world is going to end because of the Mayan calendar - I say something like, "Um, it's a calendar! Every year on December 31 do you think everything is going to end? Duh - it just starts all over again.

The Mayans were cyclical thinkers. They just couldn't plan any further than 2012 - how lame is that!? MooJesus! you'd think they could at least go to 100,000 years in the future. I am TOTALLY not trusting someone who can't think at least that far ahead. ;)

Offline PaleoPhil

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
There is a people I wrote about here - http://www.rawpaleoforum.com/off-topic/quote-of-the-day(inspired-by-sd's-post)/msg70334/#msg70334 - that Daniel Everett reports have no concept of the long-term future. He also reports that they are generally quite happy people. Living in the present is something that many people in modern societies strive for but fail to acquire for more than fleeting brief periods and it's something that is highly espoused by spiritual leaders, philosophers, self help gurus and many learned people. For example:
Present-moment living, getting in touch with your ''now,'' is at the heart of effective living. When you think about it, there really is no other moment you can live. Now is all there is, and the future is just another present moment to live when it arrives. One thing is certain, you cannot live it until it does appear.
-- Wayne Dyer

Life is a great and wondrous mystery, and the only thing we know that we have for sure is what is right here right now. Don't miss it.
-- Leo Buscaglia

I have realized that the past and future are real illusions, that they exist in the present, which is what there is and all there is.
-- Alan Watts

"A happy man is too satisfied with the present to dwell too much on the future."
--Albert Einstein

One of the most tragic things I know about human nature is that all of us tend to put off living. We are all dreaming of some magical rose garden over the horizon - instead of enjoying the roses that are blooming outside our windows today.
-- Dale Carnegie

Remember then: there is only one time that is important--Now! It is the most important time because it is the only time when we have any power.
-- Leo Tolstoy

Forever is composed of nows.
-- Emily Dickinson

“You must live in the present, launch yourself on every wave, find your eternity in each moment.”
 Henry David Thoreau quotes (American Essayist, Poet and Philosopher, 1817-1862)

We are always getting ready to live but never living.
-- Ralph Waldo Emerson

One today is worth two tomorrows.
-- Benjamin Franklin

“Realize deeply that the present moment is all you have. Make the NOW the primary focus of your life.”
  Eckhart Tolle, The Power of Now: A Guide to Spiritual Enlightenment

"Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself.  Each day has enough troubles of its own."
 Matthew 6:24

“The secret of health for both mind and body is not to mourn for the past, worry about the future, or anticipate troubles, but to live in the present moment wisely and earnestly.”
 Buddha
>"When some one eats an Epi paleo Rx template and follows the rules of circadian biology they get plenty of starches when they are available three out of the four seasons." -Jack Kruse, MD
>"I recommend 20 percent of calories from carbs, depending on the size of the person" -Ron Rosedale, MD (in other words, NOT zero carbs) http://preview.tinyurl.com/6ogtan
>Finding a diet you can tolerate is not the same as fixing what's wrong. -Tim Steele

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
Not rational:-  the people who succeed in life generally all have some sort of plan for the future. Those who live for the present often go in for things like chain-smoking, drugs and waste their money on things they don't really need like Ferraris, because they don't care about the consequences of such actions in the future.
« Last Edit: May 12, 2012, 07:23:33 pm by TylerDurden »
" Ron Paul.

Offline PaleoPhil

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
As usual you've twisted things to a bizarre extreme that no one, not Matthew nor the Buddha nor any of the others, intended. They were certainly not advocating drug abuse. Do you really think that Matthew and the Buddha were utterly irrational?

Besides, we can't live like the Piraha today even if we wanted to, which I don't. So obviously that wasn't the point. I doubt that even Buddhist monks can live like the Piraha. As I indicated above, the best most of us can do is to try to fit in brief periods of peaceful living in the present, whether it's taking a walk in nature or meditating, swimming, praying, singing, dancing, etc. If you have no use for such things, then suit yourself.

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
No, Buddhists clearly cannot resist short-term temptation in the present either:-

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/asia/southkorea/9259306/Buddhist-monks-caught-gambling-smoking-and-drinking-at-party.html

As regards Mathew and Buddha, they were clearly irrational. Mathew, the gospel-writer, stated like the others that one shouldn't worry about things since, if one was a fervent devotee of God, one would gain eternal life in Heaven, a place for which no evidence exists.Buddha, on the other hand, claimed that if one spent all one's reincarnations in a state of holiness, that one would eventually attain the perfect state that of  "nothingness", a truly nihilistic philosophy.

" Ron Paul.

Offline PaleoPhil

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
No, Buddhists clearly cannot resist short-term temptation in the present either:-

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/asia/southkorea/9259306/Buddhist-monks-caught-gambling-smoking-and-drinking-at-party.html
Yes, they can't always resist temptation in every moment nor live exactly like the Piraha. I saw that article and that was my point when I wrote "I doubt that even Buddhist monks can live like the Piraha" and had that article in mind when I made it. Thanks for reinforcing my point. No one is perfect, we can only do our best in the environment in which we live.

I'm not a Buddhist or Christian myself, but I doubt that the Buddha or Matthew had in mind giving into harmful temptations, if they indeed did say those quotes.

As regards Mathew and Buddha, they were clearly irrational.
Utterly irrational? I thought you were somewhat of a fan of the Jesus that Matthew proclaimed? What about the others like Ben Franklin, Albert Einstein, etc.--were they all utterly irrational too? Is there no value whatsoever to taking some time out from the hurly burly to live in the moment? Doesn't it strike you as something more than sheer coincidence that countless prominent and often highly educated people advocate doing this? Do you never take  a walk in nature or meditate, swim, sing, dance, etc.? If you ever do any of these things, do you notice any positive effects?

Of course, anything can be taken to ridiculous extremes and someone might decide to burn all their money or destroy their garden or some such and end up starving to death. I'm certainly not advocating nonsense like that. While I do think that religions tend to go too far in the direction of ascetism and such, even Jesus told his disciples to feed the people with fish and loaves, rather than just tell them all to pray or meditate.
« Last Edit: May 12, 2012, 07:48:06 pm by PaleoPhil »

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
I believe that we should all focus on the past to decide who we are, on the present to solve our current troubles and on the future so as to decide what we want. Not healthy to focus on just one or two of the three.

I like Jesus because he was an anarchist who told the Pharisees and Sadducee leaders to sod off, and because he violently threw out those moneylenders from the temple. His more pacifistic ideas seem like unrealistic pie-in-the-sky-type stuff to me.
" Ron Paul.

Offline PaleoPhil

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
I believe that we should all focus on the past to decide who we are, on the present to solve our current troubles and on the future so as to decide what we want. Not healthy to focus on just one or two of the three.
I agree with the gist of that. I only gave the Piraha example and the quotes to show that it's not necessary in every circumstance to distrust people who don't have a calendar that goes on for over 100,000 years and that there may be value at times in taking some time out to live in the present. I certainly wasn't advocating drug abuse, nor do I think that the Buddha or Jesus (if they existed) or their disciples did, at least not based on the writings I've seen.

I like Jesus because he was an anarchist who told the Pharisees and Sadducee leaders to sod off, and because he violently threw out those moneylenders from the temple. His more pacifistic ideas seem like unrealistic pie-in-the-sky-type stuff to me.
And Jesus did appear to live in the present far more than most clergy in his day (at least openly and publicly), to the point of being criticized for it at times, in much the same sort of Puritanical language you've used here. For example:

“The Son of Man came eating and drinking, and they say, ‘Here is a glutton and a drunkard, a friend of tax collectors and “sinners.”‘ (Matthew 11:19)

Taoism, Hinduism and Yoga also have this concept of present-ness, aka "mindfulness" and modern science is increasingly providing evidence of it's benefits:

The Art of Now: Six Steps to Living in the Moment
We live in the age of distraction. Yet one of life's sharpest paradoxes is that your brightest future hinges on your ability to pay attention to the present.
http://www.psychologytoday.com/articles/200810/the-art-now-six-steps-living-in-the-moment
"Often, we're so trapped in thoughts of the future or the past that we forget to experience, let alone enjoy, what's happening right now."

The Benefits of Meditation
http://www.psychologytoday.com/articles/200304/the-benefits-meditation
« Last Edit: May 12, 2012, 08:25:42 pm by PaleoPhil »

Offline wodgina

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
  • Opportunistic Carnivore
    • View Profile
No... wait... depopulation globalists hate polygamy because:

- polygamy builds strong families
- they make more babies, more people

What about the men without wives?
“Integrity has no need of rules.”

Albert Camus